darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Page 2 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#51 Posted: 15:22:29 11/09/2017
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Yep, Cynder belongs in the "Legend" universe, the character has nothing to do with the first three games. Doesn't make a lot of sense to add something that wasn't there before. It made sense in the Crash remake to add Coco, she was apart of the original universe anyway.

This.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#52 Posted: 15:27:57 11/09/2017
Ignitus and co. would fit a lot more than Cynder actually, they're just quadruped versions of the Elders. If VV/TFB was itching to take risks they could always replace four of the dragons in the first game with them smilie
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:31 11/09/2017 by Bifrost
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#53 Posted: 16:25:50 11/09/2017
^I'd be down for that!

hey while we're talking about changing the dragons, should some of them be made female? Cuz that'd be pretty sweet too!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#54 Posted: 16:27:43 11/09/2017
I don't know where the problem is? They could add Ember, Flame, Cynder and the Elders in a remake, I would enjoy it!
All dragons beside Spyro in the Insomniac Trilogy aren't story important, they are just NPC's in the intro and ending of Spyro 3 and have few dialogues in Spyro 1.
No one of them sticked in my head. They are just there, nothing more.
Cynder, Flame, Ember, ( and every other dragon in AHT) and the Elders have more personality and stuck in my mind as the Insomniac dragon npc's.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:10 11/09/2017 by XSparxX
Mary I Green Sparx Gems: 462
#55 Posted: 22:37:27 11/09/2017
Eh I'd rather a pure remake in the vain of Crash as opposed to any changed
---
Truth is the daughter of time.
#56 Posted: 23:53:24 11/09/2017
Quote: Mary I

THIS.
#57 Posted: 23:58:37 11/09/2017
Yeah, but on topic of the rescued dragons, if you are going to care about the umpteeth Joe Dragonschmoe that doesn't have interesting dialogue, that'd be nitpicking on how "pure" the game would be. It's best to keep it as is, but if they slip someone new as a harmless cameo and people get mad, I'll go right back to the Skylander fan seats to laugh at the salt.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:48 11/09/2017 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#58 Posted: 00:03:33 12/09/2017
Quote: Mary I

Have to agree on this one.

Some changes are welcomed, N.Sane Trilogy wasn't 100% identical either, but not to the point of removing the nostalgia feeling, which I'm pretty sure would be what they'd aim for.
Reinterpreted cutscenes and even a couple new ones would be fine, as long as the overall mood was kept intact.

One thing I wouldn't be against would be if they added the lost Machinists World in the first game and put Ignitus, Volteer, Terrador and Cyril as crystallized dragons (sorry, just found out the idea had already been discussed smilie).
Only the name and look should be kept, though, otherwise they might not fit in.

Cynder and the rest of the Legend of Spyro cast would be perfectly fine for a brand new game.
Adding them there in a non-cameo form would be as weird as putting the Titans or even Nina in N.Sane Trilogy.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:06:54 12/09/2017 by Drek95
#59 Posted: 04:23:39 12/09/2017
Oh man, I'd love to see Machinist World (Gnorc Gnexus) as it was meant to be! What confuses me is that some sources say it's a dump basically, which is why Gnasty was banished there, but if it's a dump/Gnasty's world why are there mechanical dragon heads holding the portals? Something like that wouldn't be in a dump and Gnasty hates dragons so he wouldn't have made them. It would make way more sense for the Machinist world rumor to be true, that it was supposed to be a world of more technologically advanced dragons.
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#60 Posted: 17:52:56 12/09/2017
GIVE US HUNTER IN HD
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#61 Posted: 00:06:54 13/09/2017
Quote: danyq94
GIVE US HUNTER IN HD

My cheetah "boyfriend" from way back when deserves a glow up
Maybe make him look more like a cheetah too.
That would be cool.
#62 Posted: 15:18:16 13/09/2017
DOTD already has Hunter in HD.
---
#63 Posted: 15:33:12 13/09/2017
Actual cartoony Hunter probably, instead of some attempt of realism. I think he looks pretty great in AHT but it's not quite his appearance from Classic, I guess.
---
#64 Posted: 16:37:37 13/09/2017
[User Posted Image]

This with realistic fur, probably.
---
#65 Posted: 16:44:01 13/09/2017
Yeah, both AHT and SL changed his colors entirely to something lighter, though they're still good designs(I MEAN design not the horrible compression his portrait has in the latter). This is way closer to orange.
---
#66 Posted: 16:50:14 13/09/2017
I still say adding those stripes cheetahs have under their eyes would be a nice detail to add. He's supposed to be one but doesn't really look like one without those stripes smilie That's kind of cheetahs' signature thing besides running fast, ya know?
#67 Posted: 17:00:47 13/09/2017
Who do you think could develop the trilogy?
Toys For Bob, I think. I think you know it, but it's working on a project that has not yet been revealed and is using Unity as a engine.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364173
https://activision.referrals.s...eer-unreal-1114
---
#68 Posted: 17:01:41 13/09/2017
AHT Hunter IS the best Hunter imo.
He looks fantastic there.
---
#69 Posted: 18:05:34 13/09/2017
^I agree! I LOVED his design!

Quote: danyq94
Who do you think could develop the trilogy?
Toys For Bob, I think. I think you know it, but it's working on a project that has not yet been revealed and is using Unity as a engine.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364173
https://activision.referrals.s...eer-unreal-1114

The first link says it has online multiplayer though, which Spyro remasters wouldn't have.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:40 13/09/2017 by ClassicSpyroLUV
#70 Posted: 09:32:14 16/10/2017
Don't know if I'm late with this, but at least it hasn't been posted here before:

This is absolutely the closest fan-project I've ever seen to how I'd want the remakes to look like.
He/she nailed the cartoony but still "realistic" feel of the graphics, the colors, the main geography of the level (except for the portion with Town Square, I believe) and even came really close to Spyro's animations.
And that skybox is gorgeous.

It isn't my perfectly ideal version, I'd still prefer less details and more attention to the light/shadow system, but I'd cry if this were actually anywhere similar to the official remakes in terms of passion and care.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:34:59 16/10/2017 by Drek95
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#71 Posted: 18:30:17 16/10/2017
Huh, I never thought about the having additional props throughout the level. It's still a little iffy in places, but I actually really love this level design. I don't really have much else to say, I think you nailed my feelings on this as well!

But I do find it a bit ... sad, for lack of a better word. Sad because there are so many fan games and projects going around. I mean, it's great that's happening and it just goes to show how creative and dedicated the fas are ... but we as a fanbase are so deprived of content that we have to make our own content. I guess it's bittersweet?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#72 Posted: 19:46:47 16/10/2017
It is indeed bittersweet, even sad when you consider certain companies are being almost blind by pushing what they consider the best and most profitable options, without caring about what people have been asking for years.

What's even "funnier" is that Crash got its remakes even though I believe they were quite less requested than Spyro's, and also received less interest from the fans in terms of fan-projects.
And now they don't even have the "a vocal minority" escuse, since they know it's not a niche which is requesting Spyro's remakes.

I still can't believe it took these professionists so long to realize it, but better late than never.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#73 Posted: 20:44:55 16/10/2017
Crash's fandom is the bigger one tho, and suffered less from decay while a significant chunk of Spyro fans turned bitter, toxic, creepy or all three and started acting like nothing less of a rose-colored glasses game plucked out of their dreams will deserve their attention.

Even then, a lot of people turned their backs to VV with the hitbox drama. Is it really worth it to give attention to a fandom that does MUCH MUCH MUCH worse? Which is why I'm kinda thankful at least Acti doesn't pay much attention to fangames; harassment still happens but not many can act high and mighty over a small group of fans' idea :I
I'm still probably going to treat DS like a nuclear shelther when it does happen, though, even the Skylanders tags in social media will be a mess if the Crash Guest Star announcement was any indication.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:51:49 16/10/2017 by Bifrost
#74 Posted: 21:19:44 16/10/2017
Have to say I'm confident Activision will only listen to the sound part of the fanbase: not because they can distinguish constructive criticism from childish nitpick, but simply because it's easier to only hear happy customers, and they sure shown that.

V.V. managed to only listen to the former, and highly improved N.Sane Trilogy through the various months (though the fact they already had those tweaks in mind is pretty debatable), so I hope the potential Spyro developers will be able to do the same.

I jumped out of Facebook, because I definitely don't need to hear negativity from people I don't know and don't care about in this moment of my life, so while they'll look for every complaint possible regarding the look, the feeling and the animations, I'll simply stare at the trailer with the biggest idiotic grin I can put on.
If it happens, of course, people seem to be taking it for granted by now but they shouldn't.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:21 16/10/2017 by Drek95
#75 Posted: 14:02:39 18/10/2017
Quote: Drek95
Don't know if I'm late with this, but at least it hasn't been posted here before:

This is absolutely the closest fan-project I've ever seen to how I'd want the remakes to look like.
He/she nailed the cartoony but still "realistic" feel of the graphics, the colors, the main geography of the level (except for the portion with Town Square, I believe) and even came really close to Spyro's animations.

It isn't my perfectly ideal version, I'd still prefer less details and more attention to the light/shadow system, but I'd cry if this were actually anywhere similar to the official remakes in terms of passion and care.

Oh my god that's gorgeous! How do these people have time for fan games?! Why are they not working in the business professionally?!
#76 Posted: 16:53:52 10/11/2017
Maybe it's just me but I'd love the skies to be almost exactly the same as the originals.
The sky backgrounds are really nostalgic for me
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#77 Posted: 17:08:51 10/11/2017
Quote: DragonDog
Maybe it's just me but I'd love the skies to be almost exactly the same as the originals.
The sky backgrounds are really nostalgic for me

I know the feeling, and I think if there were a remake they'd get those right. The orange skies of Twilight Harbour make it one of my all time favourite levels in a video game, as do Winter Tundra's. I can imagine modern skybox tech vastly improving Hurricos.

This is of course assuming that the textures in front of them look good. The Ty the Tasmanian Tiger "remaster"'s assets draw the eye away from the OK skies to the scenery that's showing its age, and not in a good way. smilie
#78 Posted: 17:28:33 09/12/2017
Can I just say that the announcement of MediEvil’s remaster (or remake, kinda leaning towards the second since Sony already miscalled Crash’s) makes me even more convinced about Spyro getting the same treatment as well?

Not only because of the fact that franchise is quite less requested (or at least has less vocal fans), and the first game already got remade for the PSP, but also because of all the previous speech: they said they know people would want many of their childhood PS1 heroes to return, that N. Sane Trilogy’s success proved it and that they are already working on some of them.

Was almost hoping the shirt’s moon was related to Insomniac’s classic logo...
Shawn better wear a purple and yellow shirt during the next E3. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:29:13 09/12/2017 by Drek95
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9201
#79 Posted: 19:53:16 09/12/2017
I feel like Spyro won't get the same treatment now though, since MediEvil came out the same year as Spyro, yet he's been confirmed when it's not even his anniversary, but it's not Spyro's anniversary either, and there's nothing for him, so at this point, I'd be really surprised if we do get anything Spyro at E3 next year.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#80 Posted: 21:16:17 09/12/2017
MediEvil was also in Playstation All-Stars, so they have no trouble getting him a game to test the waters. After all, with Knack 2's flop, they're in need of some quirky IP to replace it.

Edit: why can't metroid crawl. God. His name is Daniel.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:40 12/12/2017 by Bifrost
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#81 Posted: 02:05:31 10/12/2017
I think we're missing a key component here
Ratchet, Crash and Sir Daniel can hold guns
---
#all Spyros are valid
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#82 Posted: 06:07:29 10/12/2017
I don't think anybody should be using the PSX as a reference to anything concerning Spyro.. From what I have heard, basically nothing at all happened, whatsoever. Don't they usually focus more on Sony published games, anyway?

E3 sounds like a better bet for a Spyro announcement. 20 years later, and they must have figured out some way to make Spyro hold a gun, it's the 21st century.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
KrazyKariana Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#83 Posted: 20:08:18 10/12/2017
Quote: Drek95

There is also a Christmas version too, out now!
---
Visit KrazyKari.deviantart.com for Spyro fan art, and SpyroStuffbyKrazyKari.Tumblr.com
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#84 Posted: 22:42:11 11/12/2017
Uh, there was this thing that happened at the Game Awards, a trailer/tribute that had Spyro in it. I can't watch it because for some reason my computer won't play videos, so I apologise if it's irrelevant.

(does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the video problem??)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#85 Posted: 23:27:43 11/12/2017
Quote: Bolt
Uh, there was this thing that happened at the Game Awards, a trailer/tribute that had Spyro in it. I can't watch it because for some reason my computer won't play videos, so I apologise if it's irrelevant.

Wouldn’t say irrelevant, but definitely not the strongest hint we’ve gotten so far, though the fact he appears alongside Crash makes it more interesting.

Problem is we’ll never truly know what’s a hint and what isn’t, until (and if) the announcement is made: looking back to when N.Sane Trilogy had yet to be revealed, the smallest things were used as clues.

I firmly believe Spyro will be the “great finale” to the ressurrection of the PS1 heroes, which started with Crash and will most likely continue with Sir Dan (because let’s face it, Sony apoarently still doesn’t understand the difference between a remaster and a remake).
Still early to speculate whether this will mean brand new games in the future or not, but it’s better than complete oblivion.

No idea on how to help you with your video problem, sorry.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#86 Posted: 01:56:58 12/12/2017
Quote: Bolt

I don't think it is that relevant, but at least it's something.

What web browser are you using?

For chrome:

https://support.google.com/chr...3DDesktop&hl=en
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9201
#87 Posted: 12:13:54 12/12/2017
I've seen it on the Spyro the Dragon (SpyroUniverse) twitter page, you literally see Spyro for one second flying in Sunny Flight.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#88 Posted: 03:03:32 16/01/2018
When will they come
#89 Posted: 00:56:34 01/02/2018
So, I might have stumbled upon something interesting.

Found this PlayStation forum’s topic where they discussed about a YouTube channel seemingly owned by Vicarious Visions, where they apparently teased Spyro with a banner they quickly removed and other details:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/board...tion-4/76247372

Overall nothing too exciting, especially since the author confirmed it was fake... except for one small thing.

He said that the channel was due to be updated on the 8th of February.
Keep this date in mind.

Afterwards I quickly searched for other news (Breath of the Wild can only hold back the dragon hype for so long) and came across a very short video about Shawn Layden’s teasing, particularly regarding his Twitter account:

He has apparently been teasing all the upcoming remakes by changing the handles’ color; orange for Crash, green for MediEvil (you know, zombies and horror stuff) and now, you guessed it, purple.
But that isn’t even the thing which caught my interest the most, because in the video it was also said that the 8th of February Activision would release its finantial report.
Quite a coincidence, huh?

Now, I don’t think the game will be announced outside of an important event (likely E3), but they might actually start teasing more intensively without letting us know the actual nature of the project; all they need is a “Spyro Working Title” in it, or something along those lines.
No idea, but the hype is back and I can’t stop it.

Only 7 days to go! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:48 01/02/2018 by Drek95
#90 Posted: 01:43:14 01/02/2018
^ What do you mean when you say, he said, "it was due to be updated on the 8th?" If it was fake, is it possible he's lying about that? And he knows about the financial report and thats part of the trick?

I'm not sure the financial report would reveal anything, though. Usually games are leaked through names or slogans being copyrighted, and people digging that up.

The purple is interesting, though. That could mean a little bit of something.

Thank you for sharing this, by the way! Very interesting, nonetheless! ^_^
---
#91 Posted: 02:24:00 01/02/2018
Yeah it’s very possible that the whole 8th of February connection with the seemingly fake channel is an hoax as well, and that’s almost common knowledge which only requires a couple Google searches.
Probably overstimated it because of the othe video mentioning it as well.

Anyway, the creator of the topic simply said that the channel apparently had some statement about an update scheduled for that date, potentially after an announcement or reveal of some kind.
But as of now I’m still considering all of that to be fake altogether.

That being said, I agree on saying that the fact Shawn is currently using purple is probably the most interesting and exciting thing, because it would follow his other past teases like the Crash and MediEvil shirts.

I would also like to mention another thing which just came to my mind: the recently revealed Totaku figures (basically the non-interactive PlayStation equivalents to Amiibos), whose first wave include Crash, could be an interesting way to promote future remakes/remasters.
Wouldn’t surprise me if they released a Sir Dan figure and a Spyro one when/if their games release.

No problem, glad it helped the discussion a bit! smilie
Will definitely check out the news more frequently now, but I think it would still too early for official reveals.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:01:43 01/02/2018 by Drek95
#92 Posted: 02:52:07 01/02/2018
Ohhhhh, okay, I understand now, sorry about that!

Yeah, I'm going to stick firmly to fake news on that one. Even if the date is the same, probably, that's the point.

So if we see a Spyro shirt, then we may as well pop out the champagne! Seriously, if he wears the shirt, its probably a sure thing.

Yeah, that is something they'll probably do, to be honest. Activision (and sony for that matter) love them their merchandise. They've been teasing Spyro for some time now. Especially if you count the First4Figures statue, which, to some extent, I do.

Yeah, it needed some more conversation. A remake would be wonderful, if not a brand new game.
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#93 Posted: 06:32:02 01/02/2018
the fanbase exists, I'd say a bigger fanbase than crash tbh, so i feel it should be a no brainer to make a remaster like crash, and then maybe even a proper sequel
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#94 Posted: 10:20:00 01/02/2018
Yup, I think we can start celebrating as soon as we see hints of purple and yellow on his shirt.
He might not reveal it on that event, similarly to Crash, but Shawn won’t fool me three times. smilie

And indeed there have been multiple hints, if we want to count the First4Figures statues, the “accidental” use of Spyro in many media (same thing which happened to Crash), the reveal of an upcoming line of Spyro-related merchandise for this year, N. Sane Trilogy’s Warped demo code (yes I still firmly believe it will work, at one point) and now this.
Almost exactly what happened with Crash, except that wasn’t expected because we didn’t have any previous similar experience.
But now we do.

I also believe Spyro could have been just as poupular as Crash, if not more, if only the japanese version of the first game didn’t have that awful camera.
I think the fixed it with Gateway to Glimmer, but still, Year of the Dragon was never released there.
This is Sony’s great chance to end the alienation of their own country and finally let Japan know the true face of the purple dragon.

Plus yeah, Activision would make another ton of money, so with all of that being said I simply don’t see how we won’t get the remakes this year or the next one.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#95 Posted: 18:49:13 01/02/2018
I mean, I don't know, a lot of people say that Spyro doesn't have as big of a fanbase as crash, and it could just be my experience, but I don't think that's true.

Especially once the The Legend of Spyro came out. Spyro was definitely the bigger presence then. I would say they're about even. Crash's popularity was hype at the beginning and it kind of died down over time, meanwhile Spyro was hype at first, kind of went down, and came back up a few times. Might just seem that there's a difference given the fact that Crash has received more attention in recent years.

I mean, if you don't count Skylanders that is, because then the bigger presence is Spyro by many miles.

As a note, I love Crash Bandicoot, too! X3
---
#96 Posted: 19:11:11 01/02/2018
I feel like a lot of Crash fans stuck around more than anything, back then both were big. Yeah, there's drama, but over the years I saw a lot more Spyro fans giving up on the series forever(even during LOS times) than Crash fans giving up because of the Titans games. Disappointed,yes, but sticking to the old games rather than acting like they never happened. Might be just from the corner of the internet I was at the time, though.
---
First | Page 2 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me