darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 16 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#751 Posted: 11:07:06 06/03/2018
I played a bit of Spyro’s demo in Warped on my Vita, due to the remade demo hype, and have to say I cannot understand how people flat out hates his controls.

I mean sure, they feel different from what we are used to these days and most definitely are a bit clunky at times, but I still find them extremely tight and precise even while playing on a handheld console.
Like really, the reasons why I keep replaying these games is because I do find them just as fun and enjoyable as they felt when I first tried them, surprises aside of course.

I’m confident they’ll get Spyro’s weight, movements and controls right though.
I admittedly didn’t play Crash’s classic trilogy enough to get used to the various jumps, but I doubt I’d find any small change hard to adapt to due to the much more open and free nature of this series.
Pretty sure I’ve never went through the games the same way twice, whicle the same cannot be said for the bandicoot’s levels.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:07:51 06/03/2018 by Drek95
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#752 Posted: 14:30:29 06/03/2018
It's my opinion that it'll be hard to muck up Spyro's controls because it's not as precise a platformer as the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and the difference between the three games is a lot less noticeable compared to Naughty Dog's mascot. Spyro's not particularly heavy but there's weight to his charge and 180 degree turns, something that later games would opt out of, like in A Hero's Tail (where he skips toward enemies, but when he does it at 60 FPS I can't complain). That's what they have to get right - not just static mass, but having greater/lower mass and momentum when it counts. When he charges, he has to feel heavy and comfortable, but make it so he's light enough to screech to a halt when he doesn't hit an object. My biggest concern is that he'll enter and recover from charging too quickly, which is easier to do in today's modern platformer.

Tree Tops will be the developer's biggest challenge, and possibly the deciding factor in how they make Spyro control. It's not like in a precise platformer where you can edge up to a platform and take into consideration the gravity and weight; in TT you can either do the superjump or you can't. No split second reactions will change that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:14 06/03/2018 by Johnbonne
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#753 Posted: 14:46:19 06/03/2018
AHT actually only has a few recovery frames to charging, but Spyro lifts up slightly if you don't jump. Boy do I remember getting hit while screwing around with the charge.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#754 Posted: 19:59:19 06/03/2018
Part of Insomniac's whole philosophy toward designing Spyro was making big, open worlds. While there are some tight jumps, you're not making a whole lot of precarious leaps onto really tiny platforms. Even the infamous jump in Tree Tops leads to a relatively large island. My big issue with control is just making sure that Spyro can jump high enough and glide far enough to make the jumps that he has to make. He doesn't need to make as many precise landings as Crash needed to in his levels (especially Crash 1).
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#755 Posted: 20:22:58 06/03/2018
Quote: HIR
Part of Insomniac's whole philosophy toward designing Spyro was making big, open worlds. While there are some tight jumps, you're not making a whole lot of precarious leaps onto really tiny platforms. Even the infamous jump in Tree Tops leads to a relatively large island. My big issue with control is just making sure that Spyro can jump high enough and glide far enough to make the jumps that he has to make. He doesn't need to make as many precise landings as Crash needed to in his levels (especially Crash 1).

And does Spyro need a hug as well? smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#756 Posted: 20:54:46 06/03/2018
I hope they change the gliding mechanic into the double jump-gliding mechanic from AHT, ANB and TEN.
I wasn't a fan of the jump - glide - press triangle - thing.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:08 06/03/2018 by XSparxX
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#757 Posted: 21:29:29 06/03/2018
Wouldn't they have to drastically alter the levels to accommodate such changes? Been a while since I played AHT, ANB, or TEN so IDK.
#758 Posted: 22:03:40 06/03/2018

Well, I doubt the remakes would even get greenlighted if they failed to accomplish such a fundamental task.
But I believe we don’t have to worry about the playability of the games, seeing how they handled Crash (not perfectly, but it worked just fine).
I think they’ll either keep everything the same or adjust the levels slightly according to the new “physics”.

I’d be sooooo salty if us Spyro fans got the short end of the stick, after how amazingly Crash was treated. smilie

Quote: XSparxX
I hope they change the gliding mechanic into the double jump-gliding mechanic from AHT, ANB and TEN.
I wasn't a fan of the jump - glide - press triangle - thing.

Highly doubt it.
Maybe they could make Spyro jump slightly higher to make certain glides less frustrating (though I can barely name a couple ones in all three games), but I think the mechanic will remain the same, especially because the animation Spyro does when stopping a glide in the second and third game can be fundamental for certain situations.

EDIT:
Found this Enter the Dragonfly image with a really cool looking logo without the name of the game in it:

[User Posted Image]

I think this could be a nice starting point for the trilogy’s logo, at least in terms of flaming background.
They’d simply have to move the “Spyro the Dragon” part up and also shrink it down a bit, so they can give the actual title more space.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:09:04 06/03/2018 by Drek95
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#759 Posted: 00:45:17 07/03/2018
I remember this, yeah, I think it looks cool. i'm sure they'll think of something. was crash's logo change well received?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#760 Posted: 01:11:03 07/03/2018
Pretty sure it was one of the less discussed aspects of the remakes.
The remade logos for the various games were mostly praised due to their faithfulness to the originals, but the one for the trilogy itself never got much attention.

I do think the “Crash” part will be used for future brand new entries, maybe along with the “Bandicoot” portion, similarly to how they’ll probably stick to whatever style they decide for the word “Spyro”.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:58 07/03/2018 by Drek95
#761 Posted: 01:13:49 07/03/2018
ahh, I see. usually fans will nit pick at everything, especially for remakes. hopefully that won't be the case for spyro, lol.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#762 Posted: 01:18:38 07/03/2018
The fact that Activision has used the first games' logo for a majority of merchandise (Box Lunch shirt, F4F statue, and on the tag of the Urban Outfitters' shirt) lends me to believe that they'll use a variant of the first game's logo.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:19:10 07/03/2018 by JCW555
#763 Posted: 01:25:42 07/03/2018
Most definitely, since it’s also what they did for Crash.

On a completely different subject, does anyone know how to look for recently registered properties?
I think that if the announcement is truly as imminent as we think then they might have actually aleady claimed the rights for the name of the game, somewhere.

It happened before with Pokémon I believe, and also with Skylanders, which was actually easier to find out by looking into the files of the official site.
Speaking of which I also wonder if it could be possible to look for the site as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:12 07/03/2018 by Drek95
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#764 Posted: 01:36:47 07/03/2018
Has anyone post this link already? It's from an spanish shop which you can preorder the remake, the most interessting thing is the Spyro-Logo, it looks modernized. What do you think guys?
https://www.xtralife.es/playst...-remaster/25276
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#765 Posted: 01:47:58 07/03/2018
That’s a really great find, though the logo isn’t anything new.
Seems to be just a placeholder image with FaithSDK’s logo slapped on it:

[User Posted Image]

Still, I believe this is our first sign of the game actually exsisting outside of leaks and hints.
Might not be 100% real but makes me think the reveal is getting extremely close.

EDIT:
My spanish is a bit rusty, but the description sounds pretty similar to the one from the Kotaku rumor (new lighting, animations, cutscenes, “remastered” soundtrack and a new saving system).

EDIT 2:
Apparently this site was also the same which listed the Switch version of the N. Sane Trilogy back in February 2017, and since Spyro remakes are true then it’s highly possible Crash’s porting is real as well.
So they are either well informed or this is just an incredible coincidence.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:07:57 07/03/2018 by Drek95
#766 Posted: 02:22:59 07/03/2018
Drek, apparently all of Activision's trademarks for Spyro (with the exception of SSA) are dead.

But don't panic yet. Doing some searching, Activision filed their current trademarks for Crash Bandicoot on 2016-10-26 and 2016-10-25, so yeah.

https://trademarks.justia.com/...h-87216104.html
https://trademarks.justia.com/...h-87214878.html

They also have a trademark from 1996 that was extended for 10 years in 2011 that was transferred from Universal then to Sierra, although I couldn't find the same done with Spyro:

https://trademarks.justia.com/...t-75179576.html
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:30:59 07/03/2018 by JCW555
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#767 Posted: 03:07:59 07/03/2018
Hmmmmmmm, it might just be jumping at shadows, but Activision's got a privatized video on their Youtube

Possible trailer they've got in storage??
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#768 Posted: 03:09:54 07/03/2018
Someone did some research, and that video is from 2009, so it's not Spyro.
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#769 Posted: 03:12:53 07/03/2018
Ahhh, gotchya.

....Kinda odd to keep a video in storage for 9 years, I must say smilie
WHAT ARE YOU, MYSTERY VIDEO???
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#770 Posted: 09:46:58 07/03/2018
Ugh... this hide and seek is getting a bit annoying...
Sure hope tomorrow will be the day, I literally cannot wait for the reveal! smilie

A subject we haven’t discussed yet is the swimming and underwater areas.
I know there are recent games which implemented that mechanic, though I can only remember a few right now (like Yooka-Laylee or Super Mario Odyssey), but Spyro’s swimming was probably the smoothest and most enjoyable one I’ve ever tried in any non-swimming centric game.

The fact you could choose to either swim slowly or keep charging to mantain a constant high speed coupled with the quite tight controls just made the exploration feel so much better and fun; now that I think about it, this might be the reason why I not only don’t dislike but straight up like underwater areas in videogames, since my first approach to them was so good.

Haven’t played Enter the Dragonfly nor A Hero’s Tail in a while, but I do remember at least the second to have a very similar dynamic to the classic games.
Strongly hope they will manage to get it right, because it’s gonna be important in Year of the Dragon.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#771 Posted: 11:04:30 07/03/2018
Quote: Drek95
Ugh... this hide and seek is getting a bit annoying...
Sure hope tomorrow will be the day, I literally cannot wait for the reveal! smilie

A subject we haven’t discussed yet is the swimming and underwater areas.
I know there are recent games which implemented that mechanic, though I can only remember a few right now (like Yooka-Laylee or Super Mario Odyssey), but Spyro’s swimming was probably the smoothest and most enjoyable one I’ve ever tried in any non-swimming centric game.

The fact you could choose to either swim slowly or keep charging to mantain a constant high speed coupled with the quite tight controls just made the exploration feel so much better and fun; now that I think about it, this might be the reason why I not only don’t dislike but straight up like underwater areas in videogames, since my first approach to them was so good.

Haven’t played Enter the Dragonfly nor A Hero’s Tail in a while, but I do remember at least the second to have a very similar dynamic to the classic games.
Strongly hope they will manage to get it right, because it’s gonna be important in Year of the Dragon.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a statement any more than I do here, to the point where if a game's swimming controls aren't as good as Spyro's I'll probably not bother with the entire game at all. I also love that you don't have a breath meter, as that only emphasises the need for competent swimming controls. In Spyro you can take your time, explore all the nooks and crannies that would be otherwise impossible with flight or land movement, and the levels provide the devs additional opportunities for creativity and challenge! smilie
#772 Posted: 11:20:02 07/03/2018
Indeed!

The developers most likely understood how important exploration was for these games, and decided to encourage it by removing any virtual gameplay difference besides the obvious water physics.
No breath meter, no need to constantly swim up or down because Spyro stays exactly where you want him to be, no obnoxious floaty-ness which makes every movement a chore: just another different way to freely explore your surroundings.

Won’t lie, sometimes I feel like Insomniac thought the classic trilogy so carefully that it’s almost understimated under certain points of view: it works so smoothly that we hardly ever stop and think “wow, what a great feeling!” and instead take these choices for granted.
Man, what a trilogy.

Ok, end of the small fanboy rambling. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:20:51 07/03/2018 by Drek95
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#773 Posted: 11:49:50 07/03/2018
I expect them to keep all the glitches in the original trilogy (double jump, swim in the air...)
If you think about it, most of these have been retained in N.Sane Trilogy, such as exceeding the number 99 of the lives in Crash 1.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#774 Posted: 12:05:52 07/03/2018
The difference between Crash’s glitched and the ones you mentioned is that the latters could potentially break the level structure and make you skip the entire game in a matter of minutes.
I do know glitches like these still exsists nowadays (otherwise speedrunners would score much higher times) but even Insomniac themselves wished they could take back the copies of Gateway to Glimmer and remove at least the double jump.

Wheter they keep or get rid of them (would be fine either way, in my book) I do hope they will acknowledge them in some way like they did for Tiny’s cheese easter egg in Warped.
They could put a flying island up above a certain level where you can swim in the air, and Moneybags could be there telling you that he knows how you are trying to get past his paywall.
It could even be worth a Trophy! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:52 07/03/2018 by Drek95
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#775 Posted: 12:45:51 07/03/2018
I strongly doubt the double jump glitch or the swim in air glitch would intentionally make it into a Ripto's Rage remake. The slide/spin jump made it into Crash, sure, but that's something relatively minor that doesn't necessarily allow for the level of sequence breaking and going out of bounds that Spyro's glitches do.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#776 Posted: 13:11:23 07/03/2018
I strongly doubt the double jump glitch or the swim in air glitch would intentionally make it into a Ripto's Rage remake. The slide/spin jump made it into Crash, sure, but that's something relatively minor that doesn't necessarily allow for the level of sequence breaking and going out of bounds that Spyro's glitches do.

Indeed. Even then I still think the air swim would be incredibly hard to replicate intentionally. The devs would have to look at the source code, know what they're looking for and then translate that into their brand new copy of the game if that's how they're doing it. I'd like to see it, but I doubt it can be done without more work than necessary.

What I would like to see is the piracy screen from Year of the Dragon, where if you have a pirated copy of the game you can't get past the first lobby and Zoe gives you chat! That'd be awesome as a bonus feature.
#777 Posted: 14:52:25 07/03/2018
So, uhm, guys.
Remember when I was asking about trademarks and registered stuff...?

https://www.namecheap.com/doma...rothedragon.com

“Updated Date: 2018-02-20
Registrant Organization: Activision Publishing, inc”

THIS is what I was talking about! smilie

(Probably got too excited too fast, not even sure if this is relevant at all or if I simply “discovered” Activision still own Spyro’s site’s rights *duh*.
I apologize in advance if it was a red herring)
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:01:49 07/03/2018 by Drek95
#778 Posted: 19:14:12 07/03/2018
So, uhm, guys.
Remember when I was asking about trademarks and registered stuff...?

https://managehosting.aruba.it...n&utm_campaign=

“Updated Date: 2018-02-20 (not sure if the 2016-08-30 is more relevant though)
Registrant Organization: Activision Publishing, inc”

THIS is what I was talking about! :D

(Probably got too excited too fast, not even sure if this is relevant at all or if I simply “discovered” Activision still own Spyro’s site’s rights *duh*.
I apologize in advance if it was a red herring)

phew, thank goodness I know me my Italian! XD

when I click your link, though, I don't see dates. this appears to be a domain registrar, right? only the ".it" says that it is already registered, at least through the link you left?
---
#779 Posted: 19:21:45 07/03/2018
Nope, the “.it.” and the “.cloud” are actually the only two unregistered ones so far.

To see informations and dates you have to click on the “Di chi è?” button under the various domains.
Only the “.com” and “.info” have useful informations, though.
And don’t worry, everything is in english once you click. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:30:37 07/03/2018 by Drek95
#780 Posted: 19:38:51 07/03/2018
Nope, the “.it.” and the “.cloud” are actually the only two unregistered ones so far.

To see informations and dates you have to click on the “Di chi è?” button under the various domains.
Only the “.com” and “.info” have useful informations, though.
And don’t worry, everything is in english once you click. ;)

for some reason the links are not working, oh well. lol, I was looking at it backwards, read the wrong line. XD

yeah, this would mean that the domains are not expired, as in someone does indeed own them, and they have continued to be renewed.

good find!
---
#781 Posted: 19:42:17 07/03/2018
Thanks!
Sorry don’t know what to say, they work for me.

I’ll try to look for another english link but really, you just have to search for “spyrothedragon.com” on any domain site and you should find the details easily. smilie

EDIT:
edited the original comment, should be easier to read the infos now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:05:02 07/03/2018 by Drek95
#782 Posted: 21:17:37 07/03/2018
ah, yeah, no problem. my computer is just bugging out, lol. I was able to read it, though, I understand Italian.
---
#783 Posted: 21:23:06 07/03/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
ah, yeah, no problem. my computer is just bugging out, lol. I was able to read it, though, I understand Italian.

Oh, got it!
That’s great, but I still preferred to edit the post because not everyone may be as fluent with it. smilie

EDIT:
Apparently there has been a lot of buzz on Twitter for the last couple hours, probably also because of the imminent Nintendo Direct and the rumors surrounding the reveal of Call of Duty Black Ops IV.
A bunch of “important” accounts, such as JumpButton, Ressurect Fortesque and also a couple leakers (but they are apparently not that trustworthy, so I’d take them with a grain of salt) are starting to drop more or less subtle hints regarding something interesting happening today.

I personally could see Spyro’s announcement being tied to the one for the N. Sane Trilogy Switch version, especially if they’d also take this chance to finally unlock the demo.
After all, even Crash’s return was tied to another series (Skylanders).

I’ll definitely keep both eyes wide open for today and suggest you to do the same: the worst it could happen is that nothing gets revealed, which would only delay the inevitable.
To partially quote Star Wars “I have a goooood feeling about this”. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:28:12 08/03/2018 by Drek95
#784 Posted: 10:40:32 08/03/2018
Unlikely to announce Spyro in a Nintendo Direct.
I remind you that Spyro Trilogy will be Sony exclusive for a year, just like N.Sane Trilogy. So it will never be announced by third parties except by Activision or Sony.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:41:08 08/03/2018 by danyq94
#785 Posted: 10:44:04 08/03/2018
Crash could get announced for the Switch now, tho. Sony IP didn't stop the last one having the first Dark Souls Remastered trailer.
---
#786 Posted: 10:44:59 08/03/2018
Yes, the announcement of Crash porting may be possible in this Nintendo Direct.
---
#787 Posted: 10:47:56 08/03/2018
Quote: danyq94
Unlikely to announce Spyro in a Nintendo Direct.
I remind you that Spyro Trilogy will be Sony exclusive for a year, just like N.Sane Trilogy. So it will never be announced by third parties except by Activision or Sony.

Not in, but along with it.
Like, Activision could have decided to announce Spyro while Nintendo presents Crash’s porting or even simply during the same day.
They own both IPs after all, and might have planned this for a while.

Pretty sure a different version of an already exsisting game wouldn’t steal the show for a comeback awaited for years.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:50:11 08/03/2018 by Drek95
#788 Posted: 10:58:38 08/03/2018
Oh, I'm sorry I did not understand smilie
So yes, it's very possible!
---
#789 Posted: 11:01:48 08/03/2018
No worries, finger crossed for this to actually be true! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#790 Posted: 16:05:58 08/03/2018
Huh, I thought it was the entire Soulsborne stuff.
---
#791 Posted: 18:08:13 08/03/2018
COD IIII (yes, IIII, not IV) is announced.
---
#792 Posted: 19:09:23 08/03/2018
Is there any chance for Spyro’s remake to still be announced today, after that?
Because I’d be soooooo salty if Call of Duty Wrong Roman Numerals stole his place. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:20:20 09/03/2018 by Drek95
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#793 Posted: 19:15:40 08/03/2018
To be honest, I doubt there will be any other announcements today. Or are they known to announce more than one game in a day? :I
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#794 Posted: 19:17:24 08/03/2018
I don’t think they are known for doing that but that doesn’t necessarily preclude the fact they will; these things aren’t set in stone.
I do see it as unlikely now, though.

Probably next week. :/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:18:57 08/03/2018 by Drek95
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#795 Posted: 19:21:36 08/03/2018
Yeah, considering we have COD and Crash on the Switch coming today, there's a lowered chance of Spyro coming today also.

In case that last one confuses you...
#796 Posted: 19:27:49 08/03/2018
Crash on the go, last time I heard that it was the mobile Titans game. Did that even come out?
---
#797 Posted: 19:28:34 08/03/2018
Tom Phillips, journalist at Eurogamer, said that "we ain't done yet", so stay tuned?

https://twitter.com/tomphillip...821982617624581
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#798 Posted: 19:39:34 08/03/2018
Chances are the next announcement today is Crash for the Switch and not Spyro, though they could still announce both at the same time but give the Crash announcement some priority on today's Direct. I already expect them to announce Crash on the Switch and then make a separate announcement after the Direct is over about a PC/Xbox release too.
First | Previous | Page 16 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me