darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 12 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#551 Posted: 16:16:41 23/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
They could always do an idle animation contest like they did with Crash.

That's an idea, but it may be harder with a quadruped. As Crash is humanoid I think his figure is a lot more flexible when it comes to animation. Then again, inspiration for Spyro could easily be taken from domestic animals (like him chasing his own tail, or scratching behind his ears, etc.) smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#552 Posted: 16:51:06 23/02/2018
I'm going to guess the contest was US only? Before I get any dumb ideas of using it as homework for my upcoming animation course.

edit: yes. Sigh.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:47 23/02/2018 by Bifrost
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#553 Posted: 17:17:04 23/02/2018
Even Sparx has his own idle animation where he gets close to the camera and stares at the player.

Maybe Spyro could fall asleep like he did in A Hero's Tail. I always found that animation really cute.
However, I don't think I could come up with anything as creative as Crash and Aku's wumpa volleyball.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#554 Posted: 17:26:53 23/02/2018
Ther are actually various options, though definitely not as effective as Crash’s animations.

He could sneeze fire or smoke (which he does in A Hero’s Tail as well), flap his wing faster, jump a couple times, chase his tail or scratch behind his ears like Johnbonne suggested, play around with Sparx or even say a couple funny lines like “uuuh, shouldn’t we save the Realms or something?”.

Not that I’m going to see them anyway; just like for Crash, I was so eager to play as him that I will probably never put the controller down long enough to trigger them. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#555 Posted: 17:33:03 23/02/2018
He could play chase with Sparx, or play some sport with Sparx as the goal and a gem as the ball. Sparx could fly in a ring like a basketball hoop and Spyro would shoot the gem through the ring his light makes.

What should they do with the eggs? Should they recolor them like the ones from YotD and make the size the same too? What about having the eggs hatch like they do in YotD so that it's all really connected? I think that'd be awesome!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#556 Posted: 17:58:32 23/02/2018
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
He could play chase with Sparx, or play some sport with Sparx as the goal and a gem as the ball. Sparx could fly in a ring like a basketball hoop and Spyro would shoot the gem through the ring his light makes.

What should they do with the eggs? Should they recolor them like the ones from YotD and make the size the same too? What about having the eggs hatch like they do in YotD so that it's all really connected? I think that'd be awesome!

You mean in Spyro 1? I don't think they'll do anything with them TBH. There's bigger fish to fry so to speak in remaking these games.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#557 Posted: 17:59:47 23/02/2018
Not sure about hatching since the first game doesn’t take place during the Year of the Dragon, but one thing I noticed and liked about the N. Sane Trilogy was how they kept continuity with the various character and item’s designs.
Sure, it might have been a way to use less unique assets, but I never had a feeling of repetition.

So I’d be all for Thieves carrying the big white eggs from the third game, even though I would love to see their smaller and pink design as well.
Meybe they could simply rename them to Dragonfly Eggs?
I know they technically exsist in the Japanese version of Spyro 1 and 2 but I doubt anyone would complain about the change.

EDIT:
Fun fact I just discovered: the pink eggs are actually called “Dragonfly Eggs” in japanese, despite the fact that version is the only one with actual Dragonfly Eggs.
Always found those eggs too small for dragons, to be fair. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:16:34 23/02/2018 by Drek95
#558 Posted: 18:11:19 23/02/2018
I forgot they only hatch in the Year of the Dragon. They should still keep the egg design the same though.

Quote: JCW555

You mean in Spyro 1? I don't think they'll do anything with them TBH. There's bigger fish to fry so to speak in remaking these games.

Uh we've been talking about all kinds of nitpicky things in this thread, I think consistency in design is a perfectly valid point.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#559 Posted: 18:43:08 23/02/2018
I mean, seeing as they'd have to make the assets for the Thieves carrying the eggs for YotD anyway, it'd probably just make sense both consistency wise, as well as efficiency wise, for them to just put that version of them in Spyro 1 as well, rather then take all the time make the two different versions of them.

Though, yes, I will agree that the eggs HATCHING in Spyro 1 probably wouldn't happen.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#560 Posted: 21:39:40 23/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

That's why I think they started working on Spyro in 2016. The cheat code for the Spyro demo in the N. Sane Trilogy for Warped works, and that released in June 2017. I think Vicarious Visions saying "just keep asking" about the Spyro remakes was them being a little coy with us. They added the cheat code for a reason, right?

Or Laura is wrong with the release date, which she has been once or twice. Who knows.

No, you have a good point. If they did start working on the games in 2016, then the release for this year might be correct. I think the main thing holding a 2018 release year back is the production time, but if they started, say 2015-2016, then they've been working on this for some time already. I hope it comes out this year, I would love it sooo much! <3

Even more questionable than the release year would be the announcement date in March? Are their any gaming events in March? I would have thought at E3.

There is SXSW from March 9th to March 13th, which is a festival for music, film, and video games. It could be announced there. Also Numskull Designs is set to reveal their Spyro merchandise in March or April, and most likely they'd announce it when the game is revealed.

Sorry for editing your post, thought I quoted it but clicked edit like the moron I am smilie .

Also I forgot about it, but another conference is also in March. The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is from March 19th until the 23rd, and games are sometimes announced there. So who knows when it'll be announced.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:57 23/02/2018 by JCW555
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#561 Posted: 22:49:25 23/02/2018
I think a cute idle animation would be Spyro stretching like a cat!

And I think the eggs in YotD are more iconic than the ones in StD so they should probably just use the same model over both games? It keeps it consistent as well, because we assume these eggs in the first game will be the ones that go on to hatch in the third a couple of years later.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#562 Posted: 22:54:05 23/02/2018
I somehow feel like if the announcement is really going to happen in March, then it will be either a social media one (like Facebook and Twitter posts, a YouTube video, various articles and maybe a website) or an closed-door event similar to how they handled certain Skylanders games.
So I believe following Numskull’s plans is actually our best chance to get an idea of the time window, assuming they are going to reveal their merchandise after the games are announced.

Two more random thoughts I had today:
  • besides the textures themselves, I seriously hope they won’t screw up the lighting.
  • The whole Classic trilogy has many examples of non-realistic lighting, especially in the first game, where there are spots of colored light which often doesn’t come from a specific source but greately add to the overall aesthetics of a level.
    Shoutout to CrystalFissure again for letting me know about vertex lighting, since I previously thought it was a matter of shaded textures.
    Strongly they won’t butcher that because “it’s not how light works in real life”.
    The N. Sane Trilogy gives me hope, but non-realistic lighting wasn’t nearly as frequent there.
  • do you think there is still hope for a Spyro the Dragon demo patch for Crash’s remakes?
  • The fact the code somehow “works” is so weird to me, and I think it would be such a great extra reward (and also a way to convince people to buy Spyro as well) for people who previously bought the bandicoot’s trilogy: like “hey, thank you for being loyal to such a great PS1 mascot, here’s a treat for you since we are bringing back his best friend as well!”.
    I’ll be honest, I’d probably freak out if they did it. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:28:59 23/02/2018 by JCW555
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#563 Posted: 23:19:17 23/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

No, you have a good point. If they did start working on the games in 2016, then the release for this year might be correct. I think the main thing holding a 2018 release year back is the production time, but if they started, say 2015-2016, then they've been working on this for some time already. I hope it comes out this year, I would love it sooo much! <3

Even more questionable than the release year would be the announcement date in March? Are their any gaming events in March? I would have thought at E3.

There is SXSW from March 9th to March 13th, which is a festival for music, film, and video games. It could be announced there. Also Numskull Designs is set to reveal their Spyro merchandise in March or April, and most likely they'd announce it when the game is revealed.

Sorry for editing your post, thought I quoted it but clicked edit like the moron I am :P .

Also I forgot about it, but another conference is also in March. The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is from March 19th until the 23rd, and games are sometimes announced there. So who knows when it'll be announced.

Ahh, I forgot about that one, yeah. looked up a little while after and never posted it, whoops!

Just thought I would throw this out there. A lot of what we saw in the original trilogy style-wise was most likely not completely on purpose. I forget where, but the devs from insomniac talked about the limitations they faced making their older titles, and how that shaped what we wound up with. If given back to insomniac themselves, even they might want to switch things up and do what they couldn't back then. Probably even more than VV.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#564 Posted: 23:29:44 23/02/2018
Quote: Drek95
I somehow feel like if the announcement is really going to happen in March, then it will be either a social media one (like Facebook and Twitter posts, a YouTube video, various articles and maybe a website) or an closed-door event similar to how they handled certain Skylanders games.
So I believe following Numskull’s plans is actually our best chance to get an idea of the time window, assuming they are going to reveal their merchandise after the games are announced.

Two more random thoughts I had today:
  • besides the textures themselves, I seriously hope they won’t screw up the lighting.
  • The whole Classic trilogy has many examples of non-realistic lighting, especially in the first game, where there are spots of colored light which often doesn’t come from a specific source but greately add to the overall aesthetics of a level.
    Shoutout to CrystalFissure again for letting me know about vertex lighting, since I previously thought it was a matter of shaded textures.
    Strongly they won’t butcher that because “it’s not how light works in real life”.
    The N. Sane Trilogy gives me hope, but non-realistic lighting wasn’t nearly as frequent there.
  • do you think there is still hope for a Spyro the Dragon demo patch for Crash’s remakes?
  • The fact the code somehow “works” is so weird to me, and I think it would be such a great extra reward (and also a way to convince people to buy Spyro as well) for people who previously bought the bandicoot’s trilogy: like “hey, thank you for being loyal to such a great PS1 mascot, here’s a treat for you since we are bringing back his best friend as well!”.
    I’ll be honest, I’d probably freak out if they did it. smilie

This is the main thing for me to think that the Spyro remakes have been in development since at least 2016, if not earlier. The fact that the code only works for Warped, the first Crash game with a Spyro demo, is too much of a coincidence for me to ignore/disregard.

Drek you're probably more familiar with Skylanders announcements than me, so I'll ask you, do you remember any Skylanders games announced at GDC/in March in general?

P.S. sorry for editing your post, clicked edit like a moron smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:31:09 23/02/2018 by JCW555
#565 Posted: 00:08:48 24/02/2018
Yeah, since they didn’t actually work on Warped’s source code there is no way that isn’t intentional.
It almost makes me wonder if they knew Crash’s remakes would have been a huge success in advance and decided to start working on the Spyro ones almost simultaneously.

Mmmh, Trap Team was announced on the 23rd of April, and while I can’t find SWAP Force’s english reveal trailer the italian one was uploaded on the 20th of March, though I’m not sure if that was related to any exsisting event or not.
Spyro’s Adventure was at 2011 GDC but the game was actually revealed in Februray; still, being the first in the series that might mean more than the others.

With them hosting dedicated events for the last three games I’m convinced it would’t be too surprising if they did the same for Spyro as well.

No problem for the accidental editing, by the way. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:13:48 24/02/2018 by Drek95
#566 Posted: 00:13:36 25/02/2018
Here's a pretty good video about the history of Laura Kate Dale's leaks if anyone's curious.

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:06 25/02/2018 by JCW555
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#567 Posted: 01:53:17 25/02/2018
If the Spyro remaster wants to be realistic visually -it should be visually like Super Mario Odyssey
if not realistic, than Yooka-Laylee
#568 Posted: 02:04:31 25/02/2018
Can’t watch the video right now, but discussions around the Internet actually made me a bit more hopeful about the credibility of this rumor.

The fact it was rather specific, mentioning not only the remakes themselves but other details regarding both the games (new cutscenes and a new saving system) and the overall launch (March announcement and Semptember/Q4 release), along her mention of “sources closely related to the project”, all points towards these being more than just rumors.
She probably wouldn’t have gotten this much into details if she wasn’t sure of the reliability of her sources.

Besides, if all of this turned out to be fake, this would damage immensely both her and Kotaku as a whole.
We aren’t talking about the immortal meme of Half-Life 3, here they are messing with people’s emotions. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:04 25/02/2018 by Drek95
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#569 Posted: 16:21:14 25/02/2018 | Topic Creator
If this is false,then Kotaku is on my blocked list of websites,I will never trust ever and also fully leave the Spyro fandom completely with no more reason to even stay.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#570 Posted: 16:50:56 25/02/2018
Implying Kotaku is worty following in the first place. Or that you didn't threaten to leave like 5 times.

But really, Kotaku can get very biased if they like/dislike a person or franchise, kinda like Eurogamer publishing rumors as fact when they want them to be real. It's a possibility because of Laura's track record, not theirs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:40 25/02/2018 by Bifrost
#571 Posted: 17:00:13 25/02/2018
March can't get here fast enough.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#572 Posted: 17:04:09 25/02/2018
Definitely!

I wonder when the original game was first announced. It would be neat if they announced the remakes exactly 20 years later, but I can't find a date online.
#573 Posted: 17:40:08 25/02/2018
Quote: yelvy
Definitely!

I wonder when the original game was first announced. It would be neat if they announced the remakes exactly 20 years later, but I can't find a date online.

Oof, that's when gaming news just started to get organized. With Nintendo Power it's easy to pinpoint those in the US, but did they even have an E3 equivalent at the time to show off other companies?
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#574 Posted: 17:49:12 25/02/2018
I have no idea. To be honest, it doesn't really matter if they announce it exactly 20 years later if nobody remembers, so maybe it would be better to announce it exactly six months before Spyro's birthday - 9th March.
#575 Posted: 18:05:56 25/02/2018
Quote: yelvy
Definitely!

I would imagine E3 1997/1998, or a gaming magazine reported on it at the time? Spyro 1 started development in 1997, so it'd be one of those.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:08:27 25/02/2018 by JCW555
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#576 Posted: 22:12:31 25/02/2018
Quote: fyra
If this is false,then Kotaku is on my blocked list of websites,I will never trust ever and also fully leave the Spyro fandom completely with no more reason to even stay.

a Spyro Remake is inevitable at this point. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy sold beyond well , so Spyro is on Activision's list to do a remake of as well. it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. However, it's fair to be skeptical of anything this year.
#577 Posted: 22:57:32 25/02/2018
Given Spyro's checkered history I feel a little anxious about expecting anything at all, much less a remake done well, or and remake for that matter.
#578 Posted: 22:59:29 25/02/2018
As much as I think it’s not only logic but also likely to happen, no, it’s not inevitable.

I’m just as hyped as everyone, and this rumor ending up being fake wouldn’t make me completely loose my hope... But there might simply not be anything Spyro-related coming.
We have to consider that option.

Unfortunately, “logic” and “Activision” aren’t two words you see paired together very often; besides, as we’ve already discussed, remaking the whole Spyro trilogy would be much more difficult and challenging than Crash’s and they might simply want to invest that time and money elsewhere.
So I suggest all of us to not take it for granted just yet.

As a happier side-note, it it’ll get confirmed I’d have nearly no doubt regarding its quality, seeing how not only V.V. but also Sony and Naughty Dog handled their previous big remake.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:49:43 26/02/2018 by Drek95
#579 Posted: 00:37:18 26/02/2018
I repeat, March can't get here fast enough.
#580 Posted: 00:57:46 26/02/2018
Here's a pretty good video about the history of Laura Kate Dale's leaks if anyone's curious.

One point from this video that I feel should be underlined:

Even with Laura Kate Dale's correct leaks of products and content, her leaked release dates for said product have a knack for being wrong.

So even if we DON'T end up hearing anything in March, that doesn't necessarily mean it's fake or not happening, it could very well be that she once again got a date wrong (Or that the date was changed at some later point of production), so don't immediately go into panic mode.
---
#581 Posted: 01:02:53 26/02/2018
I definitely wouldn’t.

My last hope is either the E3 or possibly the PlayStation Experience, mostly the former.
Doubt they would announce something this big at GamesCom, guess they’d simply show some footage like they did for Crash, if it does get announced sooner.

My personal ideal case would be a March announcement (maybe along with a gameplay trailer), then more footage at E3 with the unlocked Spyro the Dragon demo on all copies of the N. Sane Trilogy and finally the September release.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:20 26/02/2018 by Drek95
#582 Posted: 02:22:16 26/02/2018
I think the thing making a March announcement more likely, is the fact that Numskull Designs is announcing their Spyro merchandise in March/April, and announcing it when the game is revealed makes logical sense.

(I used the word announce too much in that sentence there smilie ).
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:27:07 26/02/2018 by JCW555
#583 Posted: 12:47:10 26/02/2018
What makes me a bit skeptical about Numskull’s merchandise being announced to promote the game, but to tease us even more instead, is the fact we already had recently released Spyro products in the form of the First 4 Figures’ statues (I believe the Crystallized Dragon was released as well).
So they might simply say “we’ve seen you are intersted in Spyro stuff, here’s some more if you want it”.

Maybe they could focus more on Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon, since all we’ve got so far is based on the first game, and sell gadgets and clothes based on Hunter, Elora, Bianca and some of the villains.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:48:14 26/02/2018 by Drek95
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#584 Posted: 12:57:32 26/02/2018
Remember that N.Sane Trilogy will receive a port on Switch and PC during 2018.
This may mean that a firmware update is coming for the game and this update could include the Spyro 1 demo in the Crash 3 menu.
Obviously the portings must come out after Spyro Trilogy's announcement, otherwise it would not make sense.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#585 Posted: 14:24:04 26/02/2018
What makes me a bit skeptical about Numskull’s merchandise being announced to promote the game, but to tease us even more instead, is the fact we already had recently released Spyro products in the form of the First 4 Figures’ statues (I believe the Crystallized Dragon was released as well).
So they might simply say “we’ve seen you are intersted in Spyro stuff, here’s some more if you want it”.

Maybe they could focus more on Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon, since all we’ve got so far is based on the first game, and sell gadgets and clothes based on Hunter, Elora, Bianca and some of the villains.

According to the first 4 site the Spyro figures are still on preorder set for a release in q2 2018 and the Crystal Dragon is nowhere to be seen on their site. If they really loved us Acti would commission some budged friendly figures. I was on the Numskull site looking at their Crash stuff and dang do I want some of that affordable merch in Spyro form!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:08:08 26/02/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
#586 Posted: 14:41:44 26/02/2018
Unless that’s handled as a teaser as well.
If they managed to release the update without any big announcement, imagine how amazing it would be if someone tried to enter the code once more just for fun and actually discovered it now works.

I mean, the news would spread incredibly fast and would build up the hype at extremely high levels.

Not sure if it could also be added by another smaller update, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#587 Posted: 15:09:43 26/02/2018
I think for F4F you need to look in their facebook group.
---
#588 Posted: 15:43:58 26/02/2018
It still says pre order for the regular and back order for the exclusive. Has anyone here ordered one yet?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#589 Posted: 16:24:03 26/02/2018
It still says pre order for the regular and back order for the exclusive. Has anyone here ordered one yet?

I've ordered the exclusive edition of Spyro way back in June of last year, and now I'm patiently waiting for it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#590 Posted: 21:10:17 26/02/2018
So this is kinda interesting.

https://twitter.com/SpyroUnive...228020992512000

Someone asked a verified foreign PlayStation account on Twitter about Spyro news, and they said "Not at the moment! Stay tuned!".
[User Posted Image]

Hmmm. Hmmmm. And I repeat, hmmmmmm.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:12:28 26/02/2018 by JCW555
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#591 Posted: 22:02:59 26/02/2018
Well that kind of verifies it. They could have just said "No" or just ignored it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#592 Posted: 22:14:59 26/02/2018
Don't count on it. PSN official twitters have been wrong before, I remember the Dark Souls Switch announcement mess just last month where one twitter said one set of specs and another country's said another.
---
#593 Posted: 22:27:24 26/02/2018
Well...

Objectively speaking, this still doesn’t completely prove anything, yet.
Such answer sounds rather generic and could be simply a way to either rise the already high hype even more, or simply cover up the fact the person running this account is simply clueless about the subject right now.
My idea of “confirmation” is either the actual announcement or some teasers coming directly from the official social accounts.

Speaking as a blind and hopeful fan, though...
UUUUUUUUH, THIS IS VERY INTERESTING. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:44 26/02/2018 by Drek95
#594 Posted: 22:55:10 26/02/2018
I do find it rather interesting (And encouraging), that despite just how much this leak has blown up and spread around like wildfire, we've got absolutely nobody official stepping in to say "Nope, it's not true".
---
#595 Posted: 23:07:04 26/02/2018
Quote: spyroid101
I do find it rather interesting (And encouraging), that despite just how much this leak has blown up and spread around like wildfire, we've got absolutely nobody official stepping in to say "Nope, it's not true".

That's a big reason as to why I think the March announcement is true (or at least, an announcement is forthcoming/TBA). I know people have said that Activision are weird when it comes to rumors, but I feel like if this wasn't true (or parts of it weren't true), they'd come out and say so. I could see the announcement moving to E3, however. This leak did spread like wildfire, and Spyro trended on Twitter the day Laura's article came out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:22 26/02/2018 by JCW555
#596 Posted: 23:35:50 26/02/2018
I wonder if it would be more likely for them to postpone or anticipate the release date, assuming they already have enstablished one.

How really influential are we, for such decisions?

Anyway yeah, the fact they have’t flat out denied any Spyro rumor is encouraging but again, Activision hasn’t been exactly clear about the state of the Skylanders franchise either, aside from a mobile game coming out this year and a new season of the TV series.
They never truly confirmed nor denied future plans for the console games.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#597 Posted: 23:48:18 26/02/2018
I'd say not very. Shareholders seem to move Acti like they have reins, and I don't remember any time community reactions have affected anything on a game already getting ready for release. Yeah, they'll alter stuff the next year, but even then very lightly, like responding to the futuristic meh gameplay on COD Infinite Warfare to just make it historical meh gameplay last year.
---
#598 Posted: 23:52:13 26/02/2018
I wonder if it would be more likely for them to postpone or anticipate the release date, assuming they already have enstablished one.

How really influential are we, for such decisions?

Anyway yeah, the fact they have’t flat out denied any Spyro rumor is encouraging but again, Activision hasn’t been exactly clear about the state of the Skylanders franchise either, aside from a mobile game coming out this year and a new season of the TV series.

This kinda reminds me of Activision's treatment of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. Let the series breathe a bit (AKA die), not say much after, and bring it back after a few years, and see what happens. There was 5 years between Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and Guitar Hero Live, and with Tony Hawk, there was 3 years between Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:14 26/02/2018 by JCW555
#599 Posted: 00:11:39 27/02/2018
I wonder if it would be more likely for them to postpone or anticipate

True, however, I feel like there's a big difference in situation between:

"Activision hasn't exactly been clear on the limbo state of some of its games when occasionally asked by a fan"

And:

"This article leaked, and now several major gaming news sights, and game retail sites, and other people in the video game industry, are spreading around like absolute WILDFIRE."

The first situation just seems to be them being kinda cagey when asked questions.

The second situation is something BIG being said about their company, that's being spread all over the place by not just small little niche fansites, but big, professional sources, and in most cases, being spread as a FACT, rather then a rumor.

One would think in the latter case, if it was absolutely 100% NOT true in any way, shape, or form, they'd want to get a PR guy out there to nip the rumor in the bud as fast as possible.
---
First | Previous | Page 12 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me