darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 10 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#451 Posted: 03:22:57 21/02/2018
Idk about Spyrp, but with Skylanders, I easily preferred SSA/SG's graphics over the over games. Something about it just felt right. I'm assuming that kind of thing would carry over with Spyro.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#452 Posted: 03:27:53 21/02/2018
But Spyro is cartoony though. Gnasty Gnorc encasing dragons in crystal because one of them called him ugly, Ripto's irrational hatred of dragons causing him to take over Avalar, and The Sorceress needing all the magic from baby dragons in order to live forever and take over The Forgotten Worlds. Those are some cartoony plots if I've ever heard of them.

I would love to see Spyro and the levels in HD, I agree, but to strip the cartoony-ness of the Spyro trilogy would feel wrong to me.

Hell, a lot of reviewers back then praised Spyro's cartoon-y graphics.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:32:59 21/02/2018 by JCW555
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#453 Posted: 03:38:30 21/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
But Spyro is cartoony though. Gnasty Gnorc encasing dragons in crystal because one of them called him ugly, Ripto's irrational hatred of dragons causing him to take over Avalar, and The Sorceress needing all the magic from baby dragons in order to live forever and take over The Forgotten Worlds. Those are some cartoony plots if I've ever heard of them.

I would love to see Spyro and the levels in HD, I agree, but to strip the cartoony-ness of the Spyro trilogy would feel wrong to me.

face palm gif was stupid bryman.

no, I think everyone is missing what i'm saying. Keep the cartoony feel, but make it high def. don't rely on cartoony shaders in order to hide the fact you can't model and make something "realistic".

meeeeehhh, I don't want something like BotW, I mean. I'd rather see something like DotD (SHEEEEZ)
or something like Disney-like?

i'm using geek/developer words, so sorry if I sound confusing, but this is what I mean?

I don't want to see spyro coming in here looking like metal gear solid or tomb raider if that's what everyone thought I was saying, lol.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#454 Posted: 04:00:03 21/02/2018
Bryman, I agree, that gif wasn't needed.

Lidsney I got you now. I feel like modern gaming has sort of warped the perception of "realistic" for me. It seems like everyone is going for hyper-realistic graphics, whereas I don't think Spyro needs to be hyper-realistic. Whenever people say realistic graphics nowadays, I think the overdoing of gritty, depressing worlds has really warped my perception when it comes to realistic graphics in games. Super Mario Odyssey's graphics aren't realistic in the slightest (with the exception of New Donk City, and even then I think New Donk City is cartoon-ish), but the game looks great, and I don't think Spyro's graphics need it either, you know?

Unless you mean realistic in terms of cartoony graphics and not based on IRL worlds, if that's what you mean? (That kind of sounds oxy-moronic, be that as it may).
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:09:31 21/02/2018 by JCW555
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#455 Posted: 04:04:52 21/02/2018
Spyro isn't CoD or Skyrim or whatever. We don't need overly realistic graphics to emphasize on how immersive it is, because that's not the kind of game Spyro is.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#456 Posted: 04:08:05 21/02/2018
I understand. if I crossed a line, I'll take a step back.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#457 Posted: 04:13:39 21/02/2018
I want Elijah Wood to voice Spyro in the remasters.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#458 Posted: 04:22:50 21/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bolt

How about no? He doesn't really fit classic Spyro.

i liked him as tlos but he doesnt fit spunky sarcastic tough boi OG
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#459 Posted: 04:59:35 21/02/2018
Bryman, I agree, that gif wasn't needed.

Lidsney I got you now. I feel like modern gaming has sort of warped the perception of "realistic" for me. It seems like everyone is going for hyper-realistic graphics, whereas I don't think Spyro needs to be hyper-realistic. Whenever people say realistic graphics nowadays, I think the overdoing of gritty, depressing worlds has really warped my perception when it comes to realistic graphics in games. Super Mario Odyssey's graphics aren't realistic in the slightest (with the exception of New Donk City, and even then I think New Donk City is cartoon-ish), but the game looks great, and I don't think Spyro's graphics need it either, you know?

Unless you mean realistic in terms of cartoony graphics and not based on IRL worlds, if that's what you mean? (That kind of sounds oxy-moronic, be that as it may).

no, you completely understood me! I agree with what you're saying here, definitely. Sticky this on Activisions forum so they know where it's at.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#460 Posted: 05:13:20 21/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

no, I think everyone is missing what i'm saying. Keep the cartoony feel, but make it high def. don't rely on cartoony shaders in order to hide the fact you can't model and make something "realistic".

meeeeehhh, I don't want something like BotW, I mean. I'd rather see something like DotD (SHEEEEZ)

i'm using geek/developer words, so sorry if I sound confusing, but this is what I mean?

I don't want to see spyro coming in here looking like metal gear solid or tomb raider if that's what everyone thought I was saying, lol.

I think after thinking it over with a fresher, calmer mind, you're saying you don't want it to be cel shaded like Wind Waker? I agree I definitely don't want filters if that's what you mean. I hope the Remaster translate the OG games artstyle into the modern era the same way Yooka-Laylee does with late 90's RareWare. Sorry for being an ass earlier.
#461 Posted: 05:17:24 21/02/2018
Quote: Bryman04
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

I think after thinking it over with a fresher, calmer mind, you're saying you don't want it to be cel shaded like Wind Waker? I agree I definitely don't want filters if that's what you mean. I hope the Remaster translate the OG games artstyle into the modern era the same way Yooka-Laylee does with late 90's RareWare. Sorry for being an ass earlier.

Yeah, you've got it!

It's not a problem at all, bryman! :-)
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#462 Posted: 07:44:59 21/02/2018
You know, one little cute thing I'd love to possibly be added to Spyro 1, would be the ability to go to and run around in that little castle/courtyard area that you see in the intros to Spryo 2 & 3.

I remember always wanting to play around there as a kid smilie
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#463 Posted: 07:50:34 21/02/2018
I think there are quite a few castles and things of the like throughout the games that they could allow you to go inside of. That might be nice. More area to explore without really changing the aesthetic of the levels.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#464 Posted: 08:33:41 21/02/2018
Quote: Lunarz
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bolt

How about no? He doesn't really fit classic Spyro.

i liked him as tlos but he doesnt fit spunky sarcastic tough boi OG

Haha. I was having a lend at you all.
Seriously, I'd def prefer Tom Kenny. I completely agree that Elijah Wood would not fit classic Spyro in the slightest ... that's why I found it funny lol. He's still voice acting, right? I'd see no reason why he wouldn't want to take this up.

Regarding graphics, I think I'd like it to be like Breath of the Wild, or from what I have seen of it anyway. I've looked at very little of the game, but from what I remember it looks bright and whimsical, which is how I'd imagine the world of Spyro.
Eeehh, I'm trying to think of other games that match the look I've got in my head. Maybe like Journey, and Flower? Like a more constrasted and cell shaded look, to an extent. I wouldn't mind if the art direction was similar to the N.Sane Trilogy, to be honest.
What don't you guys like about it, if you don't mind my asking?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#465 Posted: 09:35:39 21/02/2018
There's an imgur gallery of how the N Sane Trilogy looked in two different iterations:
https://imgur.com/gallery/i10M7
And here's an image from there if you're too lazy to check it all out:
[User Posted Image]
Here's a comparison in the original PSX:
[User Posted Image]
The most is obvious change (between both builds) is they added post-processing effects like deeper color and shadows. In the process it also tips a bit farther from the original's overall colors by leaning towards one single hue.

I've made a quick edit of a Spyro screenshot with these changes in mind:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Based on other modern games like Skylanders/Crash (that don't use a heavily stylized look like Breath of the Wild), I think it's logical to assume they'll go this route instead of sticking with flatter muted shading.
(Not saying I like it, just what I expect them to do)
---
#all Spyros are valid
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#466 Posted: 11:14:42 21/02/2018
Guys, I think you misunderstood Skylanders-like look entirely.

[User Posted Image]

Skylanders, especially SC and Imaginators, have shaders up the ass. This doesn't work on a LOT of levels, but when it does, it really gives that dreamlike view. Something like the Sensei Life Realm above is kind of perfect - not the looks, but the pastel haze the assets feel covered in.

If you guys want to keep looking, I also recommend any Magic Gate from Giants fowards, Midnight Museum from Trap Team(that level looks so goood), The Cloud Kingdom from SC(seen in a dozen and one press videos), Vault of the Ancients, Fizzland from Imaginators and Dragon Temple. Dark Sensei Realm is a good candidate too but there's not one single camera panning shot to actually see the place e_e

Edit: screw it everyone needs to see Midnight Museum's shaders. Sorry for page stretch.

[User Posted Image]
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 12:22:57 21/02/2018 by Bifrost
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#467 Posted: 13:35:40 21/02/2018
Yeah, Skylanders style and I guess you would call it resolution would work perfectly in classic Spyro.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#468 Posted: 14:23:31 21/02/2018
Which should also be the same engine used in the N. Sane Trilogy.
Still, keep in mind the outcome could vary a lot depending on how they decide to use it.

Just because Crash looked good that way doesn’t mean Spyro needs to be identical.
But the potential obtain the same successful result is there.

However, correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember V.V. saying that the Crash remakes would have been the last game using that engine to be developed by them.
So either they received an offer they couldn’t refuse or they are using another one.
Or they simple aren’t the ones behind Spyro’s remakes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:28:33 21/02/2018 by Drek95
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#469 Posted: 14:37:45 21/02/2018
Man, with everything that everyone's saying I get this feeling that, if we do get remakes, no one's going to be satisfied. You guys gotta temper your expectations. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#470 Posted: 15:02:49 21/02/2018
That's actually a very good point.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#471 Posted: 15:45:23 21/02/2018
All that should matter is if we get a polished remake that is playable and worth the money and that the original Spyro is becoming relevant again.
#472 Posted: 15:50:47 21/02/2018
Actually, I’m 100% sure I’m going to love whatever they are going to make, since I’ve extremely appreciated the N. Sane Trilogy.
That game got soooooo much nitpicky criticism that it almost overshadowed the amazing work V.V. did in bringing back those Crash games to life in next-gen glory.

What I’m worried about right now is not the how, nor the when but the if.
So if they announce it, I’ll be incredibly happy not only because it was one of my biggest wishes but also because I’ll no doubt appreciate the final result.

Discussing and speculating is part of the fun, and seeing how developers listened to fans’ requests the last time, we might actually be helping them shape the remakes. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:38 21/02/2018 by Drek95
#473 Posted: 15:56:29 21/02/2018
Quote: HIR
Man, with everything that everyone's saying I get this feeling that, if we do get remakes, no one's going to be satisfied. You guys gotta temper your expectations. <.<

Yeah, I'm just taking advantage of FINALLY some good spyro discussion to throw all the opinions on the table. As long as it's not a super next-gen unfaithful reboot or they don't mess with the physics too much, I'll be happy. And patiently waiting for the PC version.

Like, this was a great excuse to go back and read through the wiki and remember so much I never cared about because I got into the fandom during LoS times. I'll criticize where needed because Activision, but I'm probably going to just try to have a good time in any other case.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:00:31 21/02/2018 by Bifrost
#474 Posted: 17:02:29 21/02/2018
I think I want these remakes too much to be unhappy with it, as long as it's not a train wreck like ETD and doesn't try to retcon the classics with new stuff like injecting newer characters into as anything more than subtle reference (Ie. Cynder being an egg in YotD).
#475 Posted: 17:12:00 21/02/2018
Those Skylanders graphics look beautiful, and would work with Spyro perfectly. Damn. What game(s) are those from Bifrost?
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#476 Posted: 17:14:06 21/02/2018
Those Skylanders graphics look beautiful, and would work with Spyro perfectly. Damn. What game(s) are those from Bifrost?

They're from Imaginators. SF, TT, SSC and Imaginators each have gorgeous shots like that.

Just look at these two.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:20 21/02/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#477 Posted: 17:16:03 21/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

They're from Imaginators. SF, TT, SSC and Imaginators each have gorgeous shots like that.

No wonder I didn't recognize it. Have only seem gameplay from SSA, Giants, and a little bit of SF as well.
---
#478 Posted: 17:20:43 21/02/2018

The first one is an image of the Life Elemental Realm from Imaginators, while the second is a shot of Midnight Museum from Trap Team.
I personally think they were the peak of the series in terms of designs, graphics and aesthetics but SuperChargers has many stunning visuals as well.

I wonder if they’ll take some extra time to replace repeating models with unique ones, such as certain Elders in the first game or a couple newborns from the third.
I’d like small touches like that, but guess it wouldn’t be a problem if they stayed the same.
Just some nitpick-worthy detail.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:09 21/02/2018 by Drek95
#479 Posted: 17:37:05 21/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Just look at these two.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I tell you what, given that Skylanders is set IN the sky, I think my precious, beloved sky boxes will be in good hands if handled as well as that. Really though, the cartoonish fantasy vibe is captured perfectly.
#480 Posted: 17:48:24 21/02/2018
The guy on SC actually did several blog posts about using lighting and shaders to create a palette for the level. Dunno if that's useful to anyone, but it has a few more screenshots with that example.

Either way, ninja'd by HIHD and Drek.

I really hope they replace the clone elders in the first game. I made all those jokes about cameos, but just put another color scheme, VA, ANYTHING. Remake or no remake, it's 2018, it'll be unexcusable for someone who doesn't know the series. Baby dragons aren't as big of an issue except for the name, they're going to look similar until they grow out extra horns and spots, scale plates, etc.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:05:55 21/02/2018 by Bifrost
#481 Posted: 17:50:02 21/02/2018
I've always loved the colourful sky box in Dream Weaver's homeworld. If the remakes do end up with those Skylanders graphics (if nothing better), then I can't imagine how much more beautiful that sky would be.
#482 Posted: 18:13:41 21/02/2018
The fact they keep marketing these kind of products as glorified remasters, rather than remakes (with all the talk about “HD” and barely no words spent for brand new models, textures and lighting), makes me think no one would complain if they left those repeating assets as they are.

However, the fact V.V. added some little touches like N. Brio’s slimes spitting out acid to justify the damages do makes me a bit more hopeful they will fix these repetitions.

The fifth of those SuperChargers images actually remembers me of the Dream Weavers’ color palette, especially the sky.
Looking at some of its images online also made me curious on how the developers will interpret some flat textures: the Dream Weavers’ floors could easily be both pale green grass or some kind of greenish stone.

Wonder if they have some artwork references, or the possibility to ask old Insomniac members about it.
If they do remember it, of course.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#483 Posted: 18:34:16 21/02/2018
What about moving clouds and changing sunbeams in the skies?
#484 Posted: 18:57:45 21/02/2018
There's a few sky boxes that I look forward to seeing remade such as the aforementioned Dream Weavers sky, the one in Night Flight and Crystal Islands with that weird shaped cresent moon, and the green one in Gnasty's Loot and Enchanted Towers that has planets.

Edit: Oh and I just remembered that Breeze Harbour had a pretty sky with planets too.

Edit 2: I just Googled the sky boxes and I found more pretty and interesting ones than I remembered.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:01:43 21/02/2018 by alicecarp
#485 Posted: 19:29:00 21/02/2018
Remember the dead whale carcass that we fought the monster to end all monsters in? I want a proper intro to that. Like where even WAS that thing anyway?
[User Posted Image]

Also I can't wait to see this redone:
[User Posted Image]

And this:
[User Posted Image]

And this:
[User Posted Image]
#486 Posted: 20:38:54 21/02/2018
I doubt they're going to do this, but would you be pleased or not really care if they included the Crash demos, on the Spyro collection like they were in the originals.
---
#487 Posted: 20:49:30 21/02/2018
I wouldn't be bothered either way. If they did do that, they could include the Spyro demos in N.Sane trilogy as a free update/DLC. Although, the demos in Spyro 2 and YotD were for CTR and Crash Bash respectively which haven't been remade yet. So instead, Spyro 1 could have a demo for Crash 1, Spyro 2 would have Cortex Strikes Back and YotD would have Warped.
#488 Posted: 20:54:12 21/02/2018
Quote: alicecarp
I wouldn't be bothered either way. If they did do that, they could include the Spyro demos in N.Sane trilogy as a free update/DLC. Although, the demos in Spyro 2 and YotD were for CTR and Crash Bash respectively which haven't been remade yet. So instead, Spyro 1 could have a demo for Crash 1, Spyro 2 would have Cortex Strikes Back and YotD would have Warped.

or if they were intending on remaking crash bash/team racing, they actually could include the demos. there's that rumor floating about another crash game in development as well. :-)
---
#489 Posted: 22:13:54 21/02/2018
Quote: Drek95
The fact they keep marketing these kind of products as glorified remasters, rather than remakes (with all the talk about “HD” and barely no words spent for brand new models, textures and lighting), makes me think no one would complain if they left those repeating assets as they are.

However, the fact V.V. added some little touches like N. Brio’s slimes spitting out acid to justify the damages do makes me a bit more hopeful they will fix these repetitions.

The fifth of those SuperChargers images actually remembers me of the Dream Weavers’ color palette, especially the sky.
Looking at some of its images online also made me curious on how the developers will interpret some flat textures: the Dream Weavers’ floors could easily be both pale green grass or some kind of greenish stone.

Wonder if they have some artwork references, or the possibility to ask old Insomniac members about it.
If they do remember it, of course.

To your first point Drek, I think publishers/developers do this because they don't want to give the impression that they're drastically changing how the games are played. It's the reason Vicarious Visions referred to the N. Sane Trilogy as a "remaster plus". It's a stupid reason, but a reason nevertheless.

To the second point, a lot of people that worked on Spyro at Insomniac still work there, so I'm sure VV could consult them at any time.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:20:10 21/02/2018 by JCW555
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#490 Posted: 22:34:28 21/02/2018
I really hope they keep the fun cheat codes that would change Spyro's colour etc.
#491 Posted: 22:37:57 21/02/2018
Quote: C1nder
I really hope they keep the fun cheat codes that would change Spyro's colour etc.

I've still got the colour changing code memorised and as soon as I start the Spyro 2 or 3 remake, I'm gonna see if it still works.
#492 Posted: 23:37:16 21/02/2018
I absolutely agree that’s the reason why they are calling these games “remasters”, but as Sesshomaru said their inconsistency in calling certain remakes with their proper name for no reason is probably still going to lower expectations from customers: every old problem, oversight and lazyness will pass off as faithfulness to the original, instead of rising criticism for not having been solved or improved.
Hope V.V. will once again show to know fans better than themselves.

I’d soooo love to see Scorch’s Pit as a more fleshed out and detailed location and would really like some cutscenes for Year of the Dragon’s bosses.
Speaking of whales, can’t wait to see Ol’ Blue (the whale from Evening Lake) with his/her brand new look.

Some of my most anticipated levels in terms of look definitely include Misty Bog, Mystyc Marsh and Crystal Islands.
The first two mostly for a matter of atmosphere, but I really hope the latter’s skybox will shine just like it did when it firstly released.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:45:53 21/02/2018 by Drek95
#493 Posted: 00:33:31 22/02/2018
looks like crash for switch might be confirmed, so rumors might be more than that for spyro, too...

https://wccftech.com/crash-ban...intendo-switch/

DISCLAIMER: faunatic posted this first in the crash topic.
---
#494 Posted: 00:34:43 22/02/2018
This is just reporting the listing that was mentioned earlier. It's still not 100% confirmed.
---
#495 Posted: 00:37:24 22/02/2018
oh, I know, I just said, "looks like."

a lot of these turn out to be real, though, so it's looking up.
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#496 Posted: 07:58:44 22/02/2018
While I don't want to get my hopes up for this game (especially if VV's doing it, but even through gritted teeth I must admit they've done a better job than most), I do like that we're seeing discussion and expectations.

What I would like is just a re-release and nothing more. I'd gladly pay full price for that. But is that realistic? No. If Spyro is coming to current gen systems it will be a remaster. It can't not be. The expectations are too high and too consistent if word of mouth is anything to go by. If it isn't, it'd be like actually releasing Half-Life 3 - the joke would be over, the age-old mystery solved, the meme a reality. Like with the N. Sane Trilogy it won't meet my incredibly high and arguably unreasonable expectations because it's not the original. Like living beings, art styles evolve, artists change, perspectives shift, and besides which beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The same applies to the music. What I love about Stewart Copeland's music may not be recognised or deemed important by the sound directors. Even if Stewart Copeland returned to do the music, he'd find things to improve, he'd fumble and he'd land face first into genius sometimes. But it won't be the original Spyro I know and love.

Having said all of this I am not against Spyro getting a remaster, or people enjoying the speculation thereof. I'm just bitter because I can't enjoy hype like I used to. I'm so cynical I'm totally and utterly miserable, even if my intentions are to be a better consumer and advocate for everyone else. My opinion is almost unshakable and it's like 2011 all over again - "it sucks because its different", only now I can articulate why I feel that way (only I won't because then I'll derail the thread and it doesn't bring us closer to having an idea of what the remaster will actually be like).

There. That's off my chest. Hello all once more. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:59:45 22/02/2018 by Johnbonne
#497 Posted: 11:54:03 22/02/2018
Johnbonne, while I personally disagree with how you feel about this potential remake (not remaster, I think it probably coudnl’t be physically possible to remaster such an old game and make it look acceptable on our TV screens, from what I’ve understood), I fully respect and understand your opinion.

Talking exclusively about long-time fans it’s inevitable that every single person will react differently to him depending on a number of reasons, just how it happened with Crash: I couldn’t be happier to see my childhood hero’s first three adventures remade with all new effects, models and animations but I also fear I might be easily disappointed or overhyped and not look at this game “objectively”.
Yet I cannot help but feel that way, at the moment.

These games will be different, just like the ones contained inside the N. Sane Trilogy aren’t the Crash Bandicoot, Cortex Strikes Back and Warped everyone used to know and love.
That’s simply inevitable moreso because we already know everything about them and, assuming there won’t be major addictions, we will never live the same experience as when we played them for the first time.

But let me asky you, and myself, a question: is it truly what we’d want?
I still have all the three games in rather good conditions and can play them any time I want; besides Sony already re-released all the three games on the PlayStation Store, both for the Vita and the PS3/4 I beileve (which is why a simple remaster, if possible, wouldn’t be enough to satisfy fans), so here they are if you somehow lost them.
Wat I think I want is come close to that sense of wonder and amazement I experienced back in 1998: walk around these wonderfully crafted worlds, full of vibrant colors and curious characters which truly shown the peak of the PS1 system like I hope they’ll show the one of the PS4.

I don’t think Ill be in the majority with this opinion, but I’m way more eager for remakes of the first three games than for a potential “fourth” brand new one.
Because that’s home, no matter how different it will be on the outside.
It will always be home.

Friendly reminder I still partially doubt these remakes are happening at all, to banace out all that sickly sweet stuff. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:55:03 22/02/2018 by Drek95
First | Previous | Page 10 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me