darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
Page 1 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6405
#1 Posted: 21:32:11 27/08/2017 | Topic Creator
I would prefer new games than games I already played and got 2/3rd of.

EVIDENCE SO FAR:

1. First 4 Figures releasing their Spyro the Dragon statue in Q2 2018 (April 1, 2018 - June 30, 2018). Crystallized dragon statue sent to Activision for approval.
  2. The demo code for the Spyro demo for the Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy for Warped works, and is confirmed to be in the game.
  3. Shawn Layden has teased Spyro by changing his profile color to purple, liking Spyro related Tweets.
  4. Laura Kate Dale, a reliable leaker has reported that a Spyro the Dragon remake will be announced in March, although her dates have been wrong in the past.
  5. Box Lunch Gifts released two Spyro the Dragon t-shirts, and is planning to release new merchandise "as early as next month [March]".
  6. Numskull Designs are announcing their Spyro merchandise in March/April. Tweet suggests it could be the 22nd.
  7. Activision has announced that they're in the works to do "releases of remastered versions of titles from our library of IP".
  8. NECA Toys has said that they're "very interested" in doing Spyro the Dragon merchandise (https://youtu.be/mQRTtka40mI?t=3m25s). Leaked that Crash was coming back before Activision's announcement.
  9. Activision has taken over the Twitter handle "@SpyroTheDragon" with the codename Falcon, a project in the works.
  10. Urban Outfitters has a Spyro the Dragon T-shirt, and launched in February.
  11. Activision has not denied any rumor about Spyro as of now.
  12. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy has been officially confirmed on Switch, XBOX One and PC, adds weight to Laura Kate Dale's report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz33IDiUqIU
  13. Tees For All is releasing two new Spyro designs at the end of this week: https://twitter.com/joshua_war...9551481856?s=21
  14. NBA player and Activision partner Larry Nance Jr. was spotted recently with a Spyro The Dragon T-shirt: https://i.imgur.com/oYTRncV.jpg
  15. Activision has renewed trademarks for "Spyro" and "Spyro The Dragon" in the United Kingdom/Europe, Canada, Australia, and Japan.
  16. Target, Walmart, and Amazon may have accidentally confirmed it, saying it'll release in "late 2018".
  17. PlayStation France and Vicarious Visions tweeting about eggs; IGN editor Jonathon Dornbush tweeting about a sent egg with a card saying "something's about to hatch". Sent egg is from Falcon McBob and has Activision-Blizzard headquarters's address on it. Same egg has been sent to Newsweek's gaming division, Player.One, The Hollywood Reporter, Paste Magazine, Forbes Magazine, Boogie2988 (Steven Williams), Lamarr Wilson, IGN France, Leon Hurley (GamesRadar), and IGN Latin America.
  18. The DNS domain for spyrothedragon.com has switched from AWS to Akami, the DNS for active Activision websites.
  19. Crash Bandicoot's official Twitter account is now following Falcon McBob (@SpyroTheDragon), and vice-versa.
  20. Falcon McBob (@SpyroTheDragon) unlocked, tweeted @CrashBandicoot "Good Times". https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDr...578215029264384
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Edited 30 times - Last edited at 22:28:38 09/11/2018 by JCW555
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#2 Posted: 21:39:25 27/08/2017
Quote: fyra
I would prefer new games than games I already played and got 2/3rd of.

I understand, but I still think it would be interesting to see
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#3 Posted: 14:15:00 28/08/2017
I'd like a remake of course, but I'd also like to see them expand on some under developed stuff in the remakes too. For example in Spyro 1 it seemed like some of the dragons you free are hinting at something. Like the one in Beast Maker's home who says Thanks for releasing me, then with a mysterious, ponderous look away, but I have to go. Then at the end Gnasty Gnorc attacks again but the game just ends. They could tie those ends with something simple like a thank you party for Spyro and a final battle with Gnasty, but I'd like them to use them to expand Classic Spyro's world for the sake of a new game. Maybe the dragon was hinting at some secret dragon fighting force of which he was a part and wanted to induct Spyro into. That force could come into play in Gnasy's return at the end. Gnasty has serious reinforcements that Spyro can't defeat and the Dragon Army helps him fight them off. The villains he's working with would be entirely new and unknown to anyone in Spyro's world, thus lending them to expansion in coming sequels to the classic three.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#4 Posted: 17:43:05 28/08/2017
^Maybe the villain could be Red from A Hero's Tail. Maybe he gave Gnasty the power needed to freeze the dragons.

I would to see Spyro 3 expanded a bit like we see the Sorceresses turning that Rhynoc into Scorch and a final cutscene before fighting the Sorceress with said-boss being confronted by Spyro, whom she has serious beef with and Spyro expresses disgust towards her plans on harvesting dragons of their wing. Before the Sorceress could attack, Hunter, Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bently, Agent 9 and Bianca stand by Spyro. Enraged, the Sorceress engages in a duel magic with her former student Bianca.

A cutscene or two would be nice to build up anticipation for a boss fight. I mean what if your first fight with Metalhead in Xenoblade was just Metalhead showing up in the middle of the gameplay with no context? It wouldn't be as the cutscene that introduced the boss, what it is capable of and what it ending up doing.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#5 Posted: 04:10:36 29/08/2017
Yes, I feel the same way about all the Classic boss battles. They all could lend a lot of character and plot development and lend more tension to the games overall if worked right. Like, where did the living Jack in the Box Jacques come from? I feel like he must have been created by artificial magic, but whose? Why a child's toy? I like the idea of Red being involved the more I think about it. I could be him who created Jaques, and he was working with Gnasty in AHT.

Maybe the Sorceress could be involved too, as far as Jacques is concerned, given that turning things into horrible monsters is kind of her thing. OH! Maybe she was Red's apprentice and he seriously betrayed/hurt her, which caused her vendetta with /callousness towards dragons and made her want to treat Bianca the way he treated her.

Where did ANY of the bosses come from and how did they take power? The Dragons weren't trapped that long before Spyro began freeing them and if the dragons collectively banished Gnasty they wouldn't allow any lesser evils to take hold. Even if Gnasty had his men at the ready (which I doubt since his attack seemed a bit out of the blue) How did they take control so quickly? That's another reason why I like the idea of Red being at work somewhere; Gnasty seems a bit thick to be the brains of the operation. Maybe Red wanted him to wait till their forces were stronger but Gnasty got mad at what was being said about him and acted too soon out of rage.
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#6 Posted: 08:19:10 29/08/2017
I have a good feeling a Spyro Trilogy remake could be up our alley. Three reasons:

1. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy The game was a huge success. Activision knows this, and they've already hinted an interest in remastering other franchises they own.
  2. The First 4 Figure Activision appears to be investing quite a lot into Classic Spyro. And didn't First 4 Figures also consider doing figures of other characters like Hunter, Sparx, and Ripto? Do you really think Activison and F4F would do so much work into Spyro, reflecting on his past, without something to tie in with it?
  3. The Right Timing Next year is 2018, the 20th anniversary of Spyro the Dragon. Seeing how Activision celebrated Crash's 20th anniversary by bringing him into Skylanders, and then remastering the original trilogy, maybe there's a possibility they could do it again with Spyro?

The past days I've been looking back at Youtube videos of the PS1 Spyro games, imagining them being remastered. Should Vicarious Visions do it, or Toys For Bob? I also had been imagining what could be cool to add besides just graphical enhancements.

• Probably gonna get some hate for this, but how about the ability to play as Cynder in all three games? Like how you got to switch between Crash and Coco in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Now why Cynder? First, she's become quite a significant character in the Spyro and Skylanders games since she had been introduced in 2006. Second, she's a dragon too. She could have the same moveset as Spyro, maybe breathe electricity with the same effect as fire. Third, she's a- she. It would be good to have a female character as an option. Now how could all this happen without screwing up the storyline? Simple. It's all fiction, don't overthink it. Maybe a time machine? IDK, IDC. Coco used a time machine in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Like you unlock Cynder in the second realms of each game: Peace Keepers in Spyro 1, Autumn Plains in Spyro 2, Midday Gardens in Spyro 3. You could play as Cynder in all levels, except the bosses.
  • Keeping the cheat codes that turned Spyro different colors, flat, and big headed in Spyro 2 and 3, but also make it possible in Spyro 1. And maybe turning Spyro black can make him into Dark Spyro? Turning him blue could make him into Legendary Spyro? Also, the cheats could also work on the other characters you get to play as.
  • All NPC's react when you attack them. Spyro 1 would just have those balloonists. But Spyro 2 had so many NPCS. Wouldn't you love to torch Fisher the Breezebuilder?
  • DLC of previously cut content. Like how Stormy Ascent was brought into Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. But what could there be in the Spyro Trilogy? That cut challenge in Dino Mines that was only accessible by swimming in air?

Now who could be the voice actors? Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy only had nine voice actors. There were lots of NPCs in the original PS1 Spyro games, but they were all still voiced by a small cast. Should the original Insomniac voice cast return to reprise their roles? Or should new voices come in? Maybe Matthew Mercer could reprise his role as Spyro, or should Tom Kenny or Carlos Alazraqui come back? I thought Jess Harnell did a good job with the characters he voiced in a Hero's Tail, and he could cover a lot of the major characters as well as a bunch of minor NPCs.

Wow I sure got carried away there. I had been thinking about it for days, and I felt like sharing my thought.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:24:31 29/08/2017 by SpcePirateMnky
#7 Posted: 13:38:52 29/08/2017
The time machine idea is cool since rumor has it InsOmniac wanted the fourth Spyro game to involve time travel, thus time travel in the remaster could be built on in a proper sequel. As for Cynder, I feel the same way about the idea as I do about playing as Legend Spyro or Skyro: DLC only please. Cheap or free DLC since its only a skin, but stick to Classic Spyro first. Swap able in game skins wouldn't be terrible, it could boost sales and people are rabid about their favorite Spyro, but to me it makes more sense to stick to the Spyro they're actually continuing with outside of Classic Spyro himself. Unless they plan to blend aspects of all the Spyros and Spyro games in to one character/world, which I think would be the smartest idea if they're not doing a full reboot.
#8 Posted: 15:58:43 30/08/2017
Quote: SpcePirateMnky

• Keeping the cheat codes that turned Spyro different colors, flat, and big headed in Spyro 2 and 3, but also make it possible in Spyro 1.

• Yes please.
    The 2nd and 3rd one would just kinda feel a little empty without those cheat codes, as lots of people like to play around with them.
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12733
    #9 Posted: 16:35:33 30/08/2017
    I still remember the colour changing code, so I'm gonna try it out to see if it still works in the remake as soon as I start playing it.

I would prefer all the voices from the Insomniac games to return if possible or at least the ones from A Hero's Tail (except Zoe and Moneybags). But I won't be surprised if they have new voices since some of the characters in N.Sane trilogy did.
    #10 Posted: 17:04:21 30/08/2017
    Quote: alicecarp
    I still remember the colour changing code, so I'm gonna try it out to see if it still works in the remake as soon as I start playing it.

I would prefer all the voices from the Insomniac games to return if possible or at least the ones from A Hero's Tail (except Zoe and Moneybags). But I won't be surprised if they have new voices since some of the characters in N.Sane trilogy did.

Probably same

I too would prefer if they mostly had voice actors from the original trilogy.
    It just wouldn't be the same if Tom Kenny didn't do they voices for the NPCs in Hurricos. smilie
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
    #11 Posted: 18:19:14 30/08/2017

Actually, the only ones with new voices were Crash 1 bosses that pretty much had no real voices to speak of to start with (and even then it's only voice grunting). The main cast retains their VA's from Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant, except I think N. Gin (who gets his Wrath of Cortex voice) and N. Tropy (who I think is the same VA from Twinsanity).
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    #12 Posted: 20:08:14 30/08/2017
    As much as I like AHT, I wouldn't want Spyro's VA back. Tom Kenny or a Tom Kenny impersonator please.
    #13 Posted: 21:06:16 30/08/2017
    I like Money Bag's shop though. Maybe he could be out in the levels charging you to unlock gates and lower bridges and his son(s) could be working the shops.
    Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
    #14 Posted: 21:28:06 30/08/2017
    Quote: HIR

Actually, the only ones with new voices were Crash 1 bosses that pretty much had no real voices to speak of to start with (and even then it's only voice grunting). The main cast retains their VA's from Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant, except I think N. Gin (who gets his Wrath of Cortex voice) and N. Tropy (who I think is the same VA from Twinsanity).

Also worth noting that Dingodile's voice actor, if I'm not mistaken, is also new to the franchise.
    ---
    Bruh
    #15 Posted: 14:48:39 01/09/2017
    Here's a random thought I just had: What if they include a finished, updated version of Enter the Dragonfly? Do you think they'd do that? Would you be for or against it? I mean it was technically supposed to be Spyro 4 but was just rushed and ruined.
    SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9201
    #16 Posted: 15:55:01 01/09/2017
    Does anyone think that Nolan North could do a good Spyro voice?
    ---
    Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
    Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
    #17 Posted: 16:19:44 01/09/2017
    Quote: SuperSpyroFan
    Does anyone think that Nolan North could do a good Spyro voice?

Eh, I think it'd sound too much like other characters, same issue I have with Matthew Mercer on Skylanders post-VA strike.
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:20:36 01/09/2017 by Bifrost
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
    #18 Posted: 16:53:08 01/09/2017
    Quote: Sesshomaru75
    As for its inclusion, I'm against it for the above reasons. The only way to fix ETD is to make a new game out of it, which I'm not opposed to, but now is not the time. Focus on the first three - the ones that people actually care about - first.

This is true. However, there are a sizable number of Crash fans clamoring for VV to "remake and finish" Twinsanity. Who knows? Maybe if that did it and it was well-received then ETD could get the same treatment... assuming we get a Spyro PSX trilogy remake.
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    #19 Posted: 18:14:23 01/09/2017
    I hope Spyro gets enough attention to warrant a full home console rebuild of Shadow Legacy. It's probably wishful thinking but if released close to the remaster(s) it could avoid the lore overload a lot of players suffered from, especially if he take a bit of time to reintroduce some characters like Red and Blink. Not to mention all the lore, character and world building they could do with it for the sake of future all new games. But like I said, wishful thinking.
    Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
    #20 Posted: 18:59:31 01/09/2017
    But there's always a chance you will hear of something next year...
    ---
    Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
    #21 Posted: 06:24:37 02/09/2017
    ^I agree for the most part I just see a lot of potential in SL. And AHT too but I don't think it needs any updating or desperate improving.
    #22 Posted: 23:30:07 02/09/2017
    I really don't see ETD or AHT getting remastered. ETD will always be known as the bad apple of the Spyro series. I don't think people are going to want to but a remastered version of ETD considering how bad the original one was. AHT on the other hand, despite being a great game, isn't as memorable or well recognized as the original Insomniac trilogy. As for Shadow Legacy, I don't think many people even remember that one, or even knew it existed. Of course I'm talking about gamers in general, rather than just the Spyro fanbase. Besides considering the layout of the game, I only see that possible on 3DS. I think it's best just to stick to the original trilogy, because that's what most people remember Spyro for, just like how most people remember Crash best for the PS1 games. Plus the PS1 graphics were so blocky compared to today's games. More diversity.

Something else I think would be great to put in a remastered trilogy, if it happens, is more personality to the bosses. Mainly for the first game. The bosses feel like they could be improved, to feel more like a boss. Maybe when Spyro faces them, they could have some animated introduction.

Toasty: There could be a wall that comes down right after you free Nevin, and Toasty (in the scarecrow suit) stands there laughing, with a short "Baah".
    Dr. Shemp: When you enter the area you fight him, before freeing Trondo, there's some music, maybe club or disco, as Dr. Shemp walks in being a showoff.
    Blowhard: Maybe he's not at the platform waiting. He shows up when you approach the last step with the green wizards. After defeating them, thunder strikes, and Blowhard drifts down from the sky.
    Metalhead: When you enter the room after freeing Sadiki, Metalhead isn't there. A small cutscene plays, where he emerges out from the doorway. He points to Spyro, and those creatures he throws gather above him.
    Jacques: After freeing Revile, as Spyro goes down the hall to fight Jacques, a small box drops down. Jacques pops out like a jack-in-the-box, and laughs like crazy.
    Gnasty Gnorc: I think it was already good as is. Maybe there could be a brief cutscene of Gnasty roaring, shouting "Spyro!" And then the camera turns and shows the green thief you must chase.

As for their defeat, they could be changed too.
    Toasty: Maybe after the final blow, he falls but doesn't poof away. Maybe he cowers and then runs away from Spyro.
    Dr. Shemp: He could spin around, jumping after getting singed, and fall into the water.
    Blowhard: Not much I can think for him. Maybe he just spins uncontrollably until he spins into the sky.
    Metalhead: I think the original way was good, how he just collapses. Maybe he can explode, leaving parts Spyro can kick around.
    Jacques: After getting hit the last time, maybe Jaques can lose control of his spring bottom, and then fall into the lava.
    Gnasty Gnorc: I was actually a bit irritated that Gnasty Gnorc only took two hits to defeat. First, after Spyro lowers the platform with the second key, Gnasty stays there, in which Spyro has to flame him, then he starts running. Then after the fight at the dead end, after the last blow, Gnasty tries to run away from Spyro, but forgot that there was lava down there. He falls down, then Spyro says "You're toast Gnorc!"

The bosses in Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon were fine, but maybe the final battle with the Sorceress, in Super Bonus World, could be improved. Maybe when you see enter the challenge, lightning strikes in an introduction cutscene, and the music changes to the boss battle music from Sorceresses' Lair. I mean, it's the final battle with her! It should be more epic, and it felt pretty disappointing to me with the cheery music.

Also, how should the game over screen be? Should it be "GAME OVER" in text with Spyro looking down like in the original games? Should they be the same for all games, like in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy? Or how about something different? How about a character pops in with a dark background saying "Game Over" like Uka Uka in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy? Malefor?
    Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:55:05 03/09/2017 by SpcePirateMnky
    faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
    #23 Posted: 01:32:40 03/09/2017
    every time someone say enter dragonfly needs remaster, think this: you mean finished? lol
    Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
    #24 Posted: 21:41:02 03/09/2017
    Regarding the Cynder playable character issue - let's not complicate it with time travel and whatnot, instead just make it that she is a little dragon who lives in Artisans as well and has decided to join Spyro on his adventure to rescue the adult dragons? But if you want to reboot her corruption story for the series in a later game (if it gets that far, ehehe) then have it like a betrayal story? Or just not worry about this confusion and make Ember and Flame playable characters instead.
    I don't know, I'm rambling on now. I think it's just best to just reboot Cynder as a little dragon living in Artisans who wants to help Spyro if you want to make her playable.

But why change the boss fights? iirc they didn't change the boss fights in the N.Sane Trilogy, so why go to the trouble changing them in the possible Spyro remaster?
    ---
    you don't know me. i break things
    I draw stuff.
    #25 Posted: 21:58:25 03/09/2017
    There's tons of potential in Cynder Ember and Flame for later games but for the remakes I totally agree with Sesshomaru. MAYBE downloadable skins of the above and the other Spyros would be a decent addition after everyhing else is done perfectly, but that's literally it. IDK how well that would even work, especially for the females since I don't see them re recording dialogue for a skin pack.
    #26 Posted: 23:06:14 03/09/2017
    I was considering having the option to Swap between Spyro and Cynder being similar to swapping between Crash and Coco. The story would remain the same. She could come into the realms maybe through a portal, or some kind of teleport pad or time machine invented by the Professor. You would encounter it in the second realm of each game. Thinking like Crash Bandicoot, you wouldn't be able to play as her against the bosses, only as Spyro. One challenge I see is the dialogue with NPCs. I think they could say the same thing they say to Spyro, but any time they use Spyro's name, they say "Cynder" instead. And then in Spyro 1, when Spyro talks to the dragon elders, Cynder says the same thing Spyro says. Maybe some slight differences.

"Big enemies like this Gnorc with a club cannot be charged, but a quick shock, that should defeat them."
    "Cynder, if you jump at the end of a supercharge ramp you can really go far."
    "Be on the lookout for Gnorc commandos Cynder" "They better be on the lookout for me."

IDK how the process of voice acting goes. Just my thought about it.
    #27 Posted: 02:34:08 04/09/2017
    Naaah, skin only or not at all, leave Classic Spyro's game to him outside of non-cannon dlc.
    danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
    #28 Posted: 08:46:39 04/09/2017
    The main problem is that Spyro is much more Story-driven than the first three Crash.
    Coco is playable in all levels except in boss battles and in levels with vehicles.
    But the first three Spyro are always full of cutscenes and NPCs who speak directly to Spyro, and for this reason it would be very difficult to insert a second playable character without much change in the games.
    ---
    I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
    http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
    #29 Posted: 14:11:40 04/09/2017
    Unless any dialogue where characters say Spyro's name is recorded normally and without the name, and all of Spyro's dialogue is left out completely. Or, they could make it so that the skins can only be used after you beat the game (they could be unlockable) and even if you use them in a new game the only dialogue from the dragons is "Thank you for releasing me". They could explain it story wise by saying that the Dragons of the Dragon Realms don't know who they are. But maybe that's just too tedious.
    #30 Posted: 05:01:32 05/09/2017
    Well, everyones entitled to their own opinion about wether or not Cynder should be an option. Let's not argue about a concept of a video game that hasn't even been confirmed to exist yet.

On a mother subject, who do you think should do the voices of the cast? Let's ignore the minor NPC's and focus on the main cast.

Here's a list of the voices of the main characters from the Insomniac trilogy.

Carlos Alazraqui - Spyro in Spyro 1
    Mary Linda Phillips - Zoe in Spyro 2
    Milton James - Moneybags in Spyro 2
    Melissa Disney (That's right, Disney) - Elora in Spyro 2

Tom Kenny - Spyro in Spyro 2 and 3, The Professor, Sgt. Byrd
    Andre Sogliuzzo - Sparx
    Michael Gough - Gnasty Gnorc
    Gregg Berger - Ripto, Hunter, Crush, Gulp
    Carolyn Lawrence (Sandy Cheeks) - Zoe and Elora in Spyro 3
    Neil Ross - Moneybags in Spyro 3, Bentley
    Pamela Hayden (Milhouse van Houten) - Bianca
    Edita Brychta - Sheila
    Richard Tatum - Agent 9
    Flo Di Re - The Sorceress

I take it most of us would want all of the Insomniac cast to reprise their roles of the characters they voiced. But what if for some reason, none of them could? Who should be plan B in the voice cast? Looking into the voice cast from Skylanders Imaginators and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, I see there could be a possibility Activision could contact them to return.

I'm not sure if Jess Harnell voiced Sparx and Gnast Gnorc in AHT, considering their original voice actors also contributed to AHT. To me their voices sounded like Jess Harnell. I kind of liked how Gnasty's voice turned out in AHT, but if he were to go to a more brute-like voice like the opening cutscene in Spyro 1, I think Fred Tatasciore could be a good pick. I always thought Charlie Alder could do a great Ripto. Hearing him voice Mr. Bighead and the Red Guy, I could picture him as Ripto. And with Maurice LaMarche, with his work as Brain and Nitrus Brio, I think he could do a good impression of the Professor and Moneybags.

Matthew Mercer - Spyro
    Jess Harnell - Sparx, Hunter, Sgt. Byrd, Agent 9, Gnasty Gnorc
    Maurice LaMarche - Moneybags, The Professor
    Erica Lindbeck - Elora, Bianca, Zoe, Cynder (if they go with playable Cynder)
    Charlie Alder - Ripto
    Fred Tatasciore - Bentley, Crush, Gulp
    Whover did the voice of Tidepool - Sheila, The Sorceress

I'm no voice over manager, so I don't really know how the budgeting would go. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy had nine voice actors, and here I listed seven. With two open spaces left, maybe two extra voice actors could cover minor NPCs.
    #31 Posted: 14:52:11 05/09/2017
    Tom Kenny as Spyro in all three please. He's the quintessential Spyro IMO.

I don't know who else should voice; when I hear a voice I like I just like that performance, I'm not good at determining what roles a person could play beyond using that performance somewhere else.

I will say that I'd love to hear Tara Strong play all the female characters and yes I do mean all because she is a goddess and can do anything.

Ember=Twilight Sparkle
    Cynder=Raven from Teen Titans
    Zoe=Bubbles from PowerPuff Girls

IDK about Elora and Bianca ATM.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:38 05/09/2017 by ClassicSpyroLUV
    #32 Posted: 19:16:17 05/09/2017
    I don't care too much about voice actors, as long as they do a good performance I honestly don't care! That being said, I think we should have Tom Kenny back as Spyro. He's the best known Spyro voice.

but please no, not tara strong. she's too full of herself i can't stand her.
    ---
    I draw stuff.
    #33 Posted: 19:42:55 05/09/2017
    I'm not sure if Tom Kenny would want to reprise the role as Spyro, it's been 15 years since he has voiced that character, would he be able to sound like him again after all that time?
    ---
    #34 Posted: 22:09:04 05/09/2017
    He's a pretty versatile voice actor, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to reprise the role. But of course, it's up to him in the end!
    ---
    I draw stuff.
    #35 Posted: 03:33:02 06/09/2017
    Quote: Bolt
    I don't care too much about voice actors, as long as they do a good performance I honestly don't care! That being said, I think we should have Tom Kenny back as Spyro. He's the best known Spyro voice.

but please no, not tara strong. she's too full of herself i can't stand her.

Would that even matter? You wouldn't meet her through the game and I don't see how such an attitude could come across through her performance unless the character was written that way in which case she'd fit perfectly.
    Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7647
    #36 Posted: 15:48:55 06/09/2017
    aspiring voice actress here, i'll do Elora and Bianca's voices lmao
    ---
    Quote: Paytawn
    oh my god
    #37 Posted: 16:25:18 06/09/2017
    Can hear you do a performance? :3
    Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7647
    #38 Posted: 16:47:25 06/09/2017
    Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
    Can hear you do a performance? :3

I haven't actually done either voices for a long time. I used to do them, plus Sheila's, for my little sister...I'll get practising again smilie
    ---
    Quote: Paytawn
    oh my god
    #39 Posted: 22:02:17 10/09/2017
    I honestly don't see them adding Cynder or A Hero's Tail and/or Enter the Dragonfly and I feel like this topic has gotten a bit off topic by talking about those things so much???
    I obviously meant original Spyro trilogy remaster (which at this point I might would cry if they announced it) Cynder wasn't in those games and I hate how people are trying to force her into them. Go start a topic for a Legend of Spyro remake. smilie
    As for the Enter the Dragonfly thing.
    Yeah to make it good they probably couldn't even go back to reference the coding, which in turn would cost more.
    #40 Posted: 03:39:55 11/09/2017
    Yeah, drop Cynder and the rest of it and leave the originals as they should be.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:07 20/02/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
    #41 Posted: 09:25:54 11/09/2017
    Yep, Cynder belongs in the "Legend" universe, the character has nothing to do with the first three games. Doesn't make a lot of sense to add something that wasn't there before. It made sense in the Crash remake to add Coco, she was apart of the original universe anyway.
    ---
    Page 1 of 107 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me