darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Make your own Custom Imaginator figures on the cheap.
Page 1 of 1
Make your own Custom Imaginator figures on the cheap.
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#1 Posted: 08:21:17 27/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Found a new blind bag line called Domez, in it are little figures that are encased in domes that look a lot like the 3D printed imaginator domes.
The dome comes apart easily and Any little figure of your favorite characters can be put in. then just pull the chip out of a Creation Crystal and glue it underneath the dome.

I got domez for 3 dollars each and Creation Crystals for 7 dollars. the ooshie doomsday was 3 dollars.
Total cost 13 Aussie Dollars..... Plus time.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Here are some of the Domes figures already out.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 12:55:37 27/08/2017
The kicker is pulling the chip out of the Creation Crystal without fancy tools :I I'm considering doing it if my Crystal arrives eventually, but I'm more afraid of damaging it. If I could conserve the LED even better, but with just arts and crafts knives and the hair dryer not much can be done safely.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:57:09 27/08/2017 by Bifrost
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#3 Posted: 02:29:16 28/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
The kicker is pulling the chip out of the Creation Crystal without fancy tools :I I'm considering doing it if my Crystal arrives eventually, but I'm more afraid of damaging it. If I could conserve the LED even better, but with just arts and crafts knives and the hair dryer not much can be done safely.

Hey frosty, it can all be done with just a set of pointy nosed pliers.

First you just use the pliers to bite into the clear casing

[User Posted Image]

Then work your way around peeling the clear casing as you go.

[User Posted Image]

Remove the top Half of the Crystal.

[User Posted Image]

I actually messed the order up here. if you remove the remaining clear plastic from the bottom of the trap first, the next part is easier. For the moment, pretend the blue crystal part is still there. We just want to remove the remaining clear tube from the CC base.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

When the clear tube is removed, the Crystal part will usually just wiggle out in one piece depending on how much glue they used. 8 out of 10 will just come out easily, some will break off at the point where the crystal is joined to the base. don't panic if it does, just slide the pointy nosed pliers down between the led and the base and it will come out, though some muscles may be required.
I have pulled apart over 30 crystals and never ruined a chip yet. Remember if you snap the led pins, it won't effect the chip working, you just wont have a little light.

This one snapped because i was not thinking and never removed the remaining clear tube as I mentioned earlier, otherwise this would have come out easily.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Minus the remaining clear tube, you should be left with this.

[User Posted Image]

The chip will come out relatively easy. If you are having trouble, just scratch away any glue you might see, but this is rare. You can pull it out by the LED, they are tough little suckers. and voila, your chip is ready.

[User Posted Image]

As you can see, I have done this quite a lot, and it is easier than it looks.

[User Posted Image]

If you choose to put it in a Domez case just glue the chip directly to the bottom.

[User Posted Image]

Stick on whatever small figure you have......

[User Posted Image]

And cap that sucker off

[User Posted Image]

Cheap as chips, and entirely fun to do.
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#4 Posted: 03:34:32 28/08/2017
This is super cool! I actually want to try this out now.

How tall is this little dome, by the way?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:38:16 28/08/2017 by Chompy-King257
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 03:38:13 28/08/2017
yeah okay i'll try it out!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#6 Posted: 10:34:24 28/08/2017
Oh wow, I was thinking you had to work it from the bottom like a regular figure. Thanks for the tutorial, optimall!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 17:16:38 29/08/2017
[User Posted Image]

Seeing this image almost made me cry, but it was for the greater good! Hope they have a good recycling center there. Too much plastic in landfills, yadda yadda, go green. LOL
---
Stay Cool!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me