Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > SPYRO THE DRAGON (Honest Game Trailers)
Page 1 of 1
SPYRO THE DRAGON (Honest Game Trailers)
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1 Posted: 19:50:05 15/08/2017 | Topic Creator

Thought this was funny.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#2 Posted: 20:46:53 15/08/2017
"In the most depressing thing to happen to a popular character since that Devil May Cry reboot."

Right in the heart! I love the original Spyro trilogy and the old Devil May Cry series. Yeah, they're both different tonally but who said Spyro can't surf on a missile or make up cheesy quips? Spyro, DMC and Bloodrayne killed 90's edginess the same way Blazing Saddles killed the western movie genre.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 21:43:14 15/08/2017
Boy I'm super sick and the last thing I need is salt by watching this. What do they get super wrong about LOS and Skylanders because they'll get sweet sweet views by bashing it needlessly?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:43:50 15/08/2017 by Bifrost
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#4 Posted: 21:52:55 15/08/2017
Oh, joy, what joy, more people ****ting on the original Spyro and the Spyro franchise.
#5 Posted: 22:00:32 15/08/2017
Quote: Bryman04
Oh, joy, what joy, more people ****ting on the original Spyro and the Spyro franchise.

Wait, the entire franchise? That's new. Certainly not happy, but... They had a bunch of people hurrying them to get this video out so they could praise it, the comment section must be a wildfire.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:01:50 15/08/2017 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#6 Posted: 22:26:11 15/08/2017
Other than the moneybangs joke, it was eeeeehhhhh
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#7 Posted: 22:29:11 15/08/2017
Quote: Bifrost

Wait, the entire franchise? That's new. Certainly not happy, but... They had a bunch of people hurrying them to get this video out so they could praise it, the comment section must be a wildfire.

That's what I took from this video, at least. Unless I'm looking at it from the wrong angle, and I was referring to that fact that it's the second video this week about Spyro to say the old games suck, and refer to the franchise as,
Quote: HonestGameTrailers
"doing the sonic"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:44:04 15/08/2017 by Bryman04
#8 Posted: 22:30:30 15/08/2017 | Topic Creator

Nah, they most crap on the TLOS series and Skylanders.

I know some people absolutely adore the TLOS series, but it is an abject failure. Activision wouldn't have to reboot the series if it was a success. And to be honest, outside the hardcore Spyro fanbase, anything after the first 3 games and Skylanders might as well not exist to them.

That's what I took from this video, at least. Unless I'm looking at it from the wrong angle, and I was referring to that fact that it's the second video this week about Spyro to say the old games suck, and refer to the franchise as,
Quote: HonestGameTrailers
"doing the sonic

Nah. "Doing a Sonic" means starting off good, then sucking after the classic games come out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:32:10 15/08/2017 by JCW555
#9 Posted: 22:34:29 15/08/2017
JCW555 makes a good point. To many Spyro fans, only the first 3 games matter. Kinda sad, actually.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#10 Posted: 22:36:58 15/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
JCW555 makes a good point. To many Spyro fans, only the first 3 games matter. Kinda sad, actually.

Not the point I was making, actually. While yes, some Spyro fans say that, more often than not, non-hardcore Spyro fans/casuals think that he died after the first 3.
---
#11 Posted: 22:37:51 15/08/2017
TLOS is a failure but ETD and Orange are still Classic series games. Design is definately not the only thing deciding which part of the franchise is good or bad, unlike what some people think.

Well, the issue isn't the usual Sonic genwunnerism, is that to some people only the Classic games matter, to them or you. Re: the thousands of "no" votes in any non-Classic First 4 Figures polls.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:22 15/08/2017 by Bifrost
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#12 Posted: 22:38:05 15/08/2017
Stop being so buthurt about it,I do love Spyro but I can take an humorous video about it....and LOS...now that I think of it is rather....repetitive...and the combat would have needed more depth and complexity...so I get their point,was more weirded out by ETD being shown as part of the original trilogy...and no gameplay from Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon...also...why was most of the video LOS?For me I'm just happy that we finally get something on Youtube Spyro related that have nothing to do with Skylanders....I miss the fanvideos we used to get before...hope it could push more people to make Spyro related content(nudge nudge wink wink....platformers are apparently good for the brain...so a little Spyro game for us?) and make people realize that Spyro can still be popular today as the main character....also no toys this time....we already have paid DLC to deal with...don't add toys on it...I want to play a fair priced game(30-60$ range) with the full content inside...and any paid stuff are completely optional.

I know far too well that you NEVER read anything I dare to say,only if I give you a reason to complain,but I have no intention to hurt anyone with this....You will complain about my writing,my post editing,phrase that anger you...won't read my entire post to see my point.Did they said Spyro was crap,NO!Do they nitpick everything,yes...but don't take it personally...that's what a honest trailers is...is it because it made fun of Skylanders...also...LOS....in a adult view are rather generic,lots of potential but it need a deeper and more complex gameplay...also more exploring of the world,more focus on the story,characters(have some NPCs),lore...make it feel like a living world with a deep history behind it...so in a way while I still like it,I wished it had more flesh to it.It was fine as a kid..Now after trying Spyro 2 on my PS3...I'm enjoying the classics far more...fun gameplay...replayability...more variety in contents....I still enjoy LOS story still...but there's still too many things we don't know about the world,the lore and why do no dragons npcs appear in the dragon city?Are they all extinct?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#13 Posted: 22:39:16 15/08/2017
Fyra if you know we're not gonna read your arguments, why are you posting it and saying we'll criticise it? Those things are not mutually exclusive.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:39 15/08/2017 by Bifrost
#14 Posted: 22:56:55 15/08/2017
Yup, no problem with the dislike over the fact it's ANOTHER reboot and it's a sympton of the DLC craze, etc etc. Bashing because 'omg spyro ugly and it's rayman all over' (spoiler: it's not it started as a spyro game) is not reasonable and much less saying this to kids for daring to enjoy something that isn't the first 3 games.
---
#15 Posted: 23:03:12 15/08/2017
Quote: JCW555

Not the point I was making, actually. While yes, some Spyro fans say that, more often than not, non-hardcore Spyro fans/casuals think that he died after the first 3.

I know, I was just pointing out that specific part.

Quote: Sesshomaru75

I mean, to be fair, it's quite obvious that Universal Interactive (And later Activision) didn't care about the quality of the games that came after the original three, as they handed the IP to incompetent and inexperienced developers and rushed them on top of it.
Most of the games that came out after the originals were usually mediocre at best (With some exceptions depending on who you ask), and it's clear that neither the publishers or developers knew what they were doing.

Otherwise Legend of Spyro would've never happened, or at least have ended up like it did. (Although I honestly think what they were going for lore-wise was really cool, but I just don't think it works with Spyro and would've been better off as its own IP)
And, had Legend of Spyro been successful, I doubt Skylanders would've happened either.

Now, I personally don't dislike Skylanders and I actually think it's pretty neat (I also like the show and I am interested in the comics), but it's obvious that Activision was only using Spyro's name to get it off the ground.
This is where I can somewhat understand some of the dislike towards Skylanders, because it was kind of a ****ty thing to do, but I don't agree with it to the extent of constantly bashing it or hating on people who like it.

True, very true. Anything after 3 is a mixed bag. I enjoy Spyro ETD for what it is (Quite a lot, actually) Hero's Tail was great, but needed to be more like the OG 3 and Shadow Legacy is possibly my most hated game of all time. The other handheld games were bad with the exception of Season of Fire.
---
#16 Posted: 23:09:15 15/08/2017 | Topic Creator
And honestly, Skylanders is ultimately starting to fail. Look at the sales figures (pardon the pun):

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - 5,360,000
Skylanders: Giants - 5,450,000
Skylanders: Swap Force - 6,130,000
Skylanders: Trap Team - 4,470,000
Skylanders: SuperChargers - 2,580,000
Skylanders: Imaginators - 1,440,000

Unfortunately every reboot of Spyro has resulted in failure, sad as it is to say.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:06 15/08/2017 by JCW555
#17 Posted: 23:11:20 15/08/2017
And honestly, Skylanders is ultimately starting to fail. Look at the sales figures (pardon the pun):

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - 5,360,000
Skylanders: Giants - 5,450,000
Skylanders: Swap Force - 6,130,000
Skylanders: Trap Team - 4,470,000
Skylanders: SuperChargers - 2,580,000
Skylanders: Imaginators - 1,440,000

Ultimately every reboot of Spyro has resulted in failure, sad as it is to say.

Christ, that sudden drop between TT to Imaginators in big. At least SSC got halfway to it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:19 15/08/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#18 Posted: 23:13:33 15/08/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Yup, no problem with the dislike over the fact it's ANOTHER reboot and it's a sympton of the DLC craze, etc etc. Bashing because 'omg spyro ugly and it's rayman all over' (spoiler: it's not it started as a spyro game) is not reasonable and much less saying this to kids for daring to enjoy something that isn't the first 3 games.

Agreed. Like, I can understand not liking Skylanders' Spyro design (Although I do think it's gotten better, as I like the show's design for him), but I don't think it matters to the quality of the games themselves.

Personally my only real problem with Skylanders at the moment is all the figures.
Like, I find them cool and I understand it's a part of the franchise's charm, and that I need not buy them all, but it still kind of bothers me as someone who likes to have everything there to begin with.

I definitely think that Skylanders fans - as well as the franchise as a whole - get a lot of unwarranted hate.

Yeah, I honestly don't like Spyro's design on the series either (well, aside from the colors, I think it makes him pop out more), but really, Skylanders wasn't about Spyro since Giants or so, so I think the only ones to blame for Spyro not getting games anymore is Activision, not the franchise by itself. Plus, I don't think Skylanders is bad just because Spyro looks bad, since again, it's not about him anymore, it's about a big bunch of characters or whatever the current gimmick is.

That said, I wouldn't mind one single bit if they ditched the toy part of the game. Give a bonus for people who have the figures (like Amiibo does) but make every character unlockable by the game itself and we're fine.
---
Bruh
#19 Posted: 23:19:18 15/08/2017

And none the fault of the IP itself. Classic had the horribly mishandled games, TLOS had the sudden developer change that ended a just-above-ok series with pandering that brought fanboys and not money, and Skylanders was given a visibly unsustainable yearly format. The latter still has a chance if they drop TTL and try to go for a good game above all, but we have two other examples of how the publisher doesn't really care.
---
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#20 Posted: 15:59:50 21/08/2017
That was really good.
#21 Posted: 21:22:34 21/08/2017
Bifrost are you insinuating that the Spyro franchise has never been great because if you don't like Spyro what are you doing on a Spyro forum?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#22 Posted: 21:30:25 21/08/2017
Quote: fyra
Bifrost are you insinuating that the Spyro franchise has never been great because if you don't like Spyro what are you doing on a Spyro forum?

Go put words in the mouth of someone who hasn't been arguing with you for years and knows you'll go into hyperbole to prove a point. I don't even have the patience to destroy this loaded of a question today.
---
#23 Posted: 21:53:10 21/08/2017
Sadly about the mismanaging of the franchise you're right,I can't deny the rush they were made in and if more time had been used to make them it would have been a far better franchise.ETD would have been avoided in it's broken state,Legend would be more than generic fantasy beat em ups,Skylanders might have took a far different direction and maybe avoided yearly release and forced toys buying.All franchise had their own flaws but I don't think it's a problem with the ip more with Universal meddling for the classic games,rushing out Legends and Activision turning Skylanders into it's cash cow instead of making a great game first without thinking of what could bring them the most amount of money.Still it's a bit sad to hear people only think of the flaws and blaming the Spyro IP for all of this,it's why I got the impression you did not like Spyro,it was not in the intention to insult you.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me