Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
darkSpyro: The Video Game
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#51 Posted: 22:10:14 14/08/2017
Guess I'm a villain then. Cool.
---
Soon.
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4024
#52 Posted: 22:10:57 14/08/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Quote: prextail202
Alright we have some Heroes and Villains

heroes:I guess Prextail

Villains:ambushfan(Main Villain)
Seiki
FuryBeam136
Reverse0456
King-pen Krazy

Emerald, your gonna need to specify if you want to be a hero or a villain

We still need developers to make this a reality

Yep just like put a hat like Dipper Pines has on my Fursona and we're all good
http://toyhou.se/424453.spoofy-the-fox
also i know a dude on FurAffinity who does music commissions for games
He did a theme for my Fursona
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/24345328/

I guess he could help with music

as long as we have like the cash to commission him
but i have no idea of anyone else who does music like that
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#53 Posted: 22:12:15 14/08/2017

Yep just like put a hat like Dipper Pines has on my Fursona and we're all good
http://toyhou.se/424453.spoofy-the-fox
also i know a dude on FurAffinity who does music commissions for games
He did a theme for my Fursona
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/24345328/

I guess he could help with music

as long as we have like the cash to commission him
but i have no idea of anyone else who does music like that

Well ****

I guess not
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#54 Posted: 22:13:15 14/08/2017
Also, we should probably be giving descriptions of our characters, too.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#55 Posted: 22:30:45 14/08/2017
Wait what type of game is this?
---
Soon.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#56 Posted: 22:31:36 14/08/2017
Quote: Seiki
So who wants to be on the heroes side, and who wants to be a villain
Just try to describe how you want to look, so it can be designed in the game, and make sure multiple heroes don't have the same abilities

For now, I'd say maybe 13 Playable heroes and 13 Villains, just to make it fair, although that may be changed later

I do have some other ideas that AmbushFan and I came up with, if you want to hear them, just ask

Quote: Seiki
As long as I'm a villain with dark powers, I'm ok with it.

Good

Can you describe you character the best you can?

A basic looking dude in his early 20's. Short brown hair, blue jeans, sneakers, and a black hoodie with the sleeves rolled up just past his elbow. Carries twin katanas that he summons using dark magic. Mostly does his own thing, not really helping any other villain but not at all good aligned. Only loyal to DragonCamo. Does whatever to serve his own interests, even if it means screwing over another villain. Mostly prefers to keep to himself or otherwise be with DragonCamo and only seeks to collect hearts (physical embodiments of a human soul) and enslaving them to expand his army of darkness.

Overall, refer to Survivor. Specifically, flavor text in seasons 2, 5, 7, & 10
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#57 Posted: 22:34:01 14/08/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Wait what type of game is this?

It is an RPG

Like a Mix of MandL(Hopefully) and FF
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#58 Posted: 22:35:10 14/08/2017
Something like Midorya from MHA, but with short brown hair and blue eyes?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#59 Posted: 22:36:10 14/08/2017
Ok this is looking good

But still no developers
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#60 Posted: 22:37:07 14/08/2017
Ok this is looking good

But still no developers

Well, I mean odds are it won't become a game. It's more so just a fun idea. Besides, I doubt my people would want to be attached to it if it were to.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#61 Posted: 22:37:50 14/08/2017
I think each user involved with making the game should have a say in what the gameplay and story will be like.

Me and King-Pen Krazy have only came up with basic ideas so far, like how Gems will/could be implemented.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#62 Posted: 22:43:57 14/08/2017
Here's a tip, why don't you guys just make it in RpG maker? That way you don't need programming at all. I'm not familiar at all with it, but it seems to be much easier and might actually go somewhere.

EDIT: Here's a link if you need it http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/

Anyway I'll be a hero, mainly because I want to fight Seiki. Character description, uh, a knight in mainly black armor that has red parts and uses a flaming sword. A helm that fully covers my face and head is a necessity.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:32 14/08/2017 by kardonis
#63 Posted: 22:51:11 14/08/2017
Quote: kardonis
Here's a tip, why don't you guys just make it in RpG maker? That way you don't need programming at all. I'm not familiar at all with it, but it seems to be much easier and might actually go somewhere.

Anyway I'll be a hero, mainly because I want to fight Seiki. Character description, uh, a knight in mainly black armor that has red parts and uses a flaming sword. A helm that fully covers my face and head is a necessity.

Alright Got that down

We were planning on using some form of RPG maker anyway

Also like AmbushFan said each character controls their story Characteristics, and other stuff

Also we only have some basic info down
if you guys want to hear some basic info about the game, you can
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#64 Posted: 22:56:50 14/08/2017
Quote: kardonis

Alright Got that down

We were planning on using some form of RPG maker anyway

Also like AmbushFan said each character controls their story Characteristics, and other stuff

Also we only have some basic info down
if you guys want to hear some basic info about the game, you can

Found a version I'll probably use

RPG Maker VX Ace Lite

It's free, and it helps for busy schedules
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#65 Posted: 22:57:47 14/08/2017
Here's a desprition

As I said, look like Midorya from MHA, [User Posted Image]

but with short brown hair, and blue eyes. Not only that, I have horns, wings and a tail because, my father was a dragon who married a human woman. My eyes are a mixture of a human and reptile eye (My iris being a slit, p much). I can breath fire, fly, slash with my claws, slam with my tail, bite, horn attack and stretch my arms out (just for you). All around good coverage fighter with defenses on the weaker side. Think of Archeops without the trash ability.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:16 14/08/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#66 Posted: 23:01:18 14/08/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Here's a desprition

but with short brown hair, and blue eyes. Not only that, I have horns, wings and a tail because, .y father was a dragon who married a human woman. My eyes are a mixture of a human and reptile eye (My iris being a slit, p much). I can breath fire, fly, slash with my claws, slam with my tail, bite, horn attack and stretch my arms out (just for you). All around good coverage fighter with defenses on the weaker side. Think of Archeops without the trash ability.

Good to know

My dad should be home sometime soon, so I will tell him about this, he does Programming for a job

Another option could be Unity, My dad has it on his laptop, although I don't know if anybody else could get it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#67 Posted: 23:02:57 14/08/2017
Here's a desprition

but with short brown hair, and blue eyes. Not only that, I have horns, wings and a tail because, .y father was a dragon who married a human woman. My eyes are a mixture of a human and reptile eye (My iris being a slit, p much). I can breath fire, fly, slash with my claws, slam with my tail, bite, horn attack and stretch my arms out (just for you). All around good coverage fighter with defenses on the weaker side. Think of Archeops without the trash ability.

Good to know

My dad should be home sometime soon, so I will tell him about this, he does Programming for a job

Another option could be Unity, My dad has it on his laptop, although I don't know if anybody else could get it

I think your getting a liiitle to hopeful about this....
---
#68 Posted: 23:03:23 14/08/2017
Here's a desprition

Good to know

What do you mean?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#69 Posted: 23:08:44 14/08/2017

Good to know

What do you mean?

I see this as more of just a fun topic to discuss in, not the potential for an actual game.

As I said, if it were to become one, I'd think some users might want to back out from being in it, myself included.
---
#70 Posted: 23:11:20 14/08/2017

What do you mean?

I see this as more of just a fun topic to discuss in, not the potential for an actual game.

As I said, if it were to become one, I'd think some users might want to back out from being in it, myself included.

that's the reason I started this whole thing(Not the Topic but the, let's make this game a reality thing)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#71 Posted: 23:13:27 14/08/2017
If I didn't think this had full-game potential, I wouldn't of contributed my ideas at all. Making up ideas and not using them is pointless IMO.
---
#72 Posted: 23:17:19 14/08/2017

What do you mean?

that's the reason I started this whole thing(Not the Topic but the, let's make this game a reality thing)

I rather not be in it then >.<
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#73 Posted: 23:18:19 14/08/2017
Here's a desprition

Good to know

I have Unity & Unreal Engine, but don't really know how to use Unity and don't know nearly enough programming/design stuff to do Unreal for you. I mostly just know how to import models/animations into Unreal.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#74 Posted: 23:19:10 14/08/2017

I rather not be in it then >.<

Ok then
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#75 Posted: 23:21:04 14/08/2017
Imo using Unity is a bit overkill for this. I see this as a fun game to make up and basically give to darkspyro and have fun with, but nobody outside of darkspyro is going to care at all, so there's no real reason to go super overkill and use a serious game engine like Unity. But by all means don't let that, or anybody, discourage you from doing this. I'm personally very interested in seeing how this turns out.
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#76 Posted: 00:19:26 15/08/2017
I vote for me and Shadme being heroes. As far as I can tell we have an influx of villains. You edgy pre-teens.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#77 Posted: 00:25:07 15/08/2017
Holy crap, is this actually happening?

In that case, I'd like to be a hero please :3
I'd look like this handsome devil but anthro and wearing BotW Link's outfit.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:44:59 15/08/2017 by Skyhunter
#78 Posted: 00:30:36 15/08/2017
Quote: StormDragon21
I vote for me and Shadme being heroes. As far as I can tell we have an influx of villains. You edgy pre-teens.

I have actual motivation you know.
---
Soon.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#79 Posted: 00:38:38 15/08/2017
Can I be a hero? I'll look like Brain (my avatar), but I have a monocle on. I attack people by throwing kittens at them which latch on and then bite and scratch them.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#80 Posted: 01:17:48 15/08/2017
If we're talking appearances and abilities make me a girl with short orangey red hair fox ears/tail/claws(if getting that detailed) and golden eyes. Abilities would be being invisible, turning into a fox, using some form of fire or light magic attack and using claws to attack
If possible idk what the limits are
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#81 Posted: 01:18:37 15/08/2017

Quote: Skyhunter
Holy crap, is this actually happening?

In that case, I'd like to be a hero please :3
I'd look like this handsome devil but anthro and wearing BotW Link's outfit.

Quote: Chompy-King257
Can I be a hero? I'll look like Brain (my avatar), but I have a monocle on. I attack people by throwing kittens at them which latch on and then bite and scratch them.

You guys are all accepted in
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#82 Posted: 02:14:14 15/08/2017
This is Skylanders 7. I shall be a Villain.
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#83 Posted: 05:11:37 15/08/2017
I don't know what's happening but it's nice to see you all coming together and making the dream come true. Again throw me in as a secret fight or mob idk. The Drunkspyro.net fanfic must come to life!
---
POPSMARTS!
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#84 Posted: 22:40:13 15/08/2017
Yeeee I was mentioned! <3 Storm and I are stuck together whether she likes it or not, mwahaha.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#85 Posted: 23:46:29 15/08/2017
Quote: ShadowMewX
Yeeee I was mentioned! <3 Storm and I are stuck together whether she likes it or not, mwahaha.

Together, we are more popular than we are apart.

You got any ideas for our character design?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#86 Posted: 00:44:38 16/08/2017

Does the video game program let people be dragons, or do I have to design a human form for you? :0
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#87 Posted: 09:37:42 16/08/2017

Does the video game program let people be dragons, or do I have to design a human form for you? :0

Depends, we haven't decided which tool to use yet. Even by Fes' limitations (Fes is the only tool I can access right now), the characters can be almost anything, including Goblins, Dragons, Robots, Clowns, and Cats.

Other tools will almost certainly give much more options, and I've heard many of them have the option to make custom sprites.

So if we get an artist on our team, we can easily make custom sprites, and even portraits if we find the right tool. This would mean that we would have a vast choice to choose from.

I should probably mention that King-Pen Krazy and I are the only two people working on this right now, however. Unless we can expand our team, it will be very difficult to implement all our ideas.

King-Pen Krazy is also the only one of us who can access a computer, too. So that means I won't be able to participate much in making the actual game, even though I would like to do so.
---
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#88 Posted: 13:04:18 16/08/2017
If you want I can help
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#89 Posted: 14:06:32 16/08/2017
If you need advice, or just somebody to bounce ideas off of you can send me a PM, I'd offer to do actual work on it, but I'm busy with moving into college atm.
---
#90 Posted: 14:25:56 16/08/2017
I think that most people are only offering to submit ideas, which is the main problem so far. We haven't managed to find anyone who has offered to do the programming, artwork, etc., which is necessary to make this happen.

I could try making a game with Fes by myself (with others submitting their ideas), but it's not very advanced, and you'd need a 3DS to play it.
---
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4024
#91 Posted: 15:11:37 16/08/2017
i could try my hand at some sprites, just give me a base of what you want em to look like
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#92 Posted: 15:44:26 16/08/2017
The RPG maker King-pen was talking about doesn't need programming or artwork, it's all built in. If you two want to make it more difficult by using a more complicated program, then by all means.
---
#93 Posted: 16:02:37 16/08/2017
What each user looks like in-game will hopefully look like what they want it to. Although it would be nice to have a constant style, I'm not that bothered about it.

I think having different styles for each sprite would actually work better for this, since it feels more like a "crossover" game. Which in a way, this is. All characters are decided by the users themselves, so having a wide range in character design is almost certain, and different styles will reflect this well.

So, it's more up to you for which styles you use and the variety between them, if you do become an artist.

I'm waiting until we get more people in on this to decide how we're going to go about making this, however.

We are very disorganized right now, and we haven't even figured out most roles besides the main villain.

But if anyone does want to become one of these roles, just ask. Here are some roles I've currently planned so far:

1) New Admin - At the beginning of the game, dark52 resigns as admin, giving his role to another user instead. New Admin is quite clumsy (resulting in some time/space-travel stuff), and near the beginning of the game, is transformed into a(n) [currently unspecified object/creature, probably up to whoever gets this role]. Not playable in normal gameplay, but will have special battles where he/she is playable.

2) Protagonist(s) - Because the New Admin is currently a(n) [object/creature] who can't fight normal enemies, he sends out some users to stop the Main Antagonist instead. These users are led by the Protagonist(s).

3) Main Antagonist - The main villain, who doesn't like the New Admin, and thinks he is a terrible choice. Currently chosen by me, so far.

4) Minor Antagonist - Not siding with the Main Antagonist or New Admin, but instead another user who goes against both of them. Not necessary, but I think it'd be cool to have someone like this, especially considering that I'm thinking about all heroes/villains eventually side with each other. This way, we could still have another villain who continues causing trouble, potentially even becoming the main villain after they side together.
---
#94 Posted: 16:36:28 16/08/2017
It would be pretty cool if we were the protagonist(s), but I feel like we're in the role of more of a gimmick character.
---
#95 Posted: 16:58:42 16/08/2017
You and Shadmé? I actually think you'd do well as protagonists, but then again, it's up to you to decide who's who.

Also, you seem to be two of the very few people have chosen hero so far.
---
Gengar Guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#96 Posted: 22:05:10 18/08/2017
I'd be unlokced in 2014, but I'd be known as Night Bomb Guy (My original account), but then in 2017, the Gengar Guy version of me is unlocked. Night Bomb Guy is still an alternate costume, though.
---
I always come back. Discord: .spectrespecs
#97 Posted: 22:19:20 18/08/2017
Ok

Due to the likely hood of me using RPG Maker

I'm gonna put this down to only 5 heroes
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#98 Posted: 22:27:31 18/08/2017
You mean only 5 playable characters? I don't like that idea, honestly. I feel like it would discourage less popular users from joining, instead making it into an "elitist club" of dS users. Unless that's the limit to how many can be used at a time, which is OK.

I'm pretty sure there's also a way to switch out party members, too. It's possible in Fes, so it should be possible on the more advanced tools as well.

As for old accounts being alts, it's a nice idea, but I don't see how it'd work. We're pretty much making up our OCs for this game, not using avatars or anything like that.

Unless each user had different skills/attacks/etc. every year, to represent how they were like during that period, and what they were known for. That could work, although balancing that concept may be tough.
---
#99 Posted: 22:29:35 18/08/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
You mean only 5 playable characters? I don't like that idea, honestly. I feel like it would discourage less popular users from joining, instead making it into an "elitist club" of dS users. Unless that's the limit to how many can be used at a time, which is OK.

I'm pretty sure there's also a way to switch out party members, too. It's possible in Fes, so it should be possible on the more advanced tools as well.

As for old accounts being alts, it's a nice idea, but I don't see how it'd work. We're pretty much making up our OCs for this game, not using avatars or anything like that.

Unless each user had different skills/attacks/etc. every year, to represent how they were like during that period, and what they were known for. That could work, although balancing that concept may be tough.

There is only a maximum of 10 characters, and I might want to use some of the villains for something later
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me