Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What Spyro game should I start with? + some questions
Page 1 of 1
What Spyro game should I start with? + some questions
Mobcraft101 Red Sparx Gems: 63
#1 Posted: 20:33:58 08/08/2017 | Topic Creator
So I've been a fan of Skylanders since SWAP Force was either late in development, or newly released (can't remember which), and ever since I've gotten into the series, I've wanted to try the original Spyro games. There are multiple Spyro games, and I'm not sure if the games go in a certain order or not, and if so, which one to start with. Which one do I start with? Also, would the games work on a Windows 10 PC? I have an Xbox 360, but I highly doubt the games are sold for that console.
Thanks.
---
I say "I'm sorry" every second of every day. I love Akame Ga Kill. I'm a teen girl who probably shouldn't be here. I make bad art.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#2 Posted: 21:38:46 08/08/2017
You should start with Spyro the Dragon > Spyro 2 Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage > Spyro; Years of the Dragon > (if you want a messy game with alot of bugs, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, but I had my fun with that game) > Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Only Spyro: AHT and TLOS: A New Beginning can you play on Xbox 360. There are no Spyro games for PC. You should have a PS2 for playing all the Spyro games, every single console Spyro Game is playable on PS2 even the whole TLOS trilogy. :3 But you should buy TLOS: Dawn of the Dragon for XboX 360/PS3 because they are the best versions. smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:40:54 08/08/2017 by XSparxX
Mobcraft101 Red Sparx Gems: 63
#3 Posted: 22:14:45 08/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: XSparxX
You should start with Spyro the Dragon > Spyro 2 Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage > Spyro; Years of the Dragon > (if you want a messy game with alot of bugs, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, but I had my fun with that game) > Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Only Spyro: AHT and TLOS: A New Beginning can you play on Xbox 360. There are no Spyro games for PC. You should have a PS2 for playing all the Spyro games, every single console Spyro Game is playable on PS2 even the whole TLOS trilogy. :3 But you should buy TLOS: Dawn of the Dragon for XboX 360/PS3 because they are the best versions. smilie

Alright, thanks! Do you know of any online stores that sell them for decent prices?
I would buy them for PS2, but I don't own one :-C
---
I say "I'm sorry" every second of every day. I love Akame Ga Kill. I'm a teen girl who probably shouldn't be here. I make bad art.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 02:56:13 09/08/2017
Unfortunately, the PlayStation Spyro games (StD, Ripto's Rage, and YotD) are only on PSX or the PlayStation Store for PS3. If you have a 360, you can buy The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. But I would not recommend it. It's a very bland God of War clone.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#5 Posted: 05:45:09 09/08/2017
I echo what XSparxX said. Start with the first 3, then A Hero's Tail, then if you like hack and slashes, the Legend trilogy could be good games for you. Season of Ice and Season of Flame on the GBA are good for what they are (although YMMV on the isometric view).
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 08:30:11 22/08/2017
Put it this way, the original Spyro games are collectithon-platformers, the Legend of Spyro is a combat beat 'em up style game, with the exception of Dawn of the Dragon, which is more like a God of War clone for teens, or kids. And Skylanders is like a blend of combat, and platforming? I guess?

Why don't you just start from the first game made, and work your way through? The story doesn't really matter too much in the original games, I suppose it kind of does in The Legend of Spyro a little bit.

I personally actually started out with Spyro 2, and have loved it ever since. The controls are pretty much near perfect for a PlayStation 1 game. The camera is probably the let down, but it may only get stuck on a few things every now and then. But then again, you can change the game camera to follow Spyro more precisely in the pause menu, but it does move quite fast and can be a little dizzy lol
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#7 Posted: 15:07:18 22/08/2017
Skylanders is a dungeon crawler. There's some platforming, but that's not the focus.
---
Bruh
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 15:21:57 22/08/2017
Quote: Crash10
Skylanders is a dungeon crawler. There's some platforming, but that's not the focus.

Yep, that's the exact word I was looking for, a dungeon crawler.

I've only ever played the first Skylanders game though. Only because I have to be careful with my money, especially since I'm getting the F4F Spyro.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#9 Posted: 19:58:05 22/08/2017
I highly recommend Spyro : Enter the Dragonfly.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#10 Posted: 13:18:38 23/08/2017

Spyro's Adventure and Giants are dungeon crwaler, but the games from Swap Force onwards not imo.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11 Posted: 16:56:18 23/08/2017
Quote: XSparxX

Spyro's Adventure and Giants are dungeon crwaler, but the games from Swap Force onwards not imo.

They added jumping but the core mechanics are still the same. I don't personally see any other genres besides racing on the franchise.
---
Bruh
Mouse Red Sparx Gems: 68
#12 Posted: 09:58:53 25/10/2017
You've probably already decided and moved on with your decision, but in case anyone else encounters this thread, here's my input;

My first Spyro game was Ripto's Rage (Spyro 2). The Gnasty Gnorc references flew past me, but the fact that he was the Big Bad in the first game is all you need to know. Other than that, I never played through the first Spyro game in its entirety. Mainly because I found it to be so damn boring, especially with its successor being my introduction to the series.

I didn't find any of the characters to be particularly interesting in Spyro the Dragon, so I'd strongly suggest starting with Ripto's Rage. Get to know those worlds, those characters, even the voices. I think it'd be an easier game to grow a connection to, and a lot of what you see in Ripto's Rage can be found in Year of the Dragon, usually with nostalgia dribbled onto any references made. It's a great experience.

But I'd still try Spyro the Dragon if I were you, even if you decide to start elsewhere.
---
This swamp smells so sweet
The springtime trees are fragrant
I'm off to kick butt
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#13 Posted: 18:32:32 03/11/2017
Get Shadow Legacy for DS and smash your copy. It would be incredibly satisfying.

I say started from the first, all the way to Hero's Tail. Then the gameboy titles, mainly Season of Flame, and go on to LoS if you'd like. I personally strongly, strongly dislike the series out of some nice levels and music, so it might be worth it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me