Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Will Kaos EVER get defeated?
Page 1 of 1
Will Kaos EVER get defeated?
Mobcraft101 Red Sparx Gems: 63
#1 Posted: 20:43:12 06/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Now, I don't know much about the newer Skylanders games, so please do (nicely) correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge, Kaos is still the main villain of Skylanders. Am I the only one who's sick of him? Is he ever going to be truly defeated?
---
I say "I'm sorry" every second of every day. I love Akame Ga Kill. I'm a teen girl who probably shouldn't be here. I make bad art.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 20:52:54 06/08/2017
No, he will not. Skylanders 2-4 made it a point to introduce other villains (the Arkyean robot, Kaos's Mom, the Doom Raiders) who tried to take the spotlight. But the Arkyean robot never went anywhere. And Kaos just ended up hijacking the plot from his mom and the Doom Raiders to become the final boss. So, credit to Vicarious Visions I guess, in that for one game it was the reverse and a greater threat knocked Kaos down to penultimate boss, complete with a bait-and-switch (though Kaos was the Big Bad). However, Toys for Bob just made Kaos the villain again for Imaginators because I don't know... he sells, I guess?

No idea if we're getting future games, but Kaos is a Bowser/Dr. Wily scenario at this point. If you ever find yourself doubting he'll be the main antagonist and/or final boss... well, just don't. Because it will always happen.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:14 06/08/2017 by HIR
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 20:53:08 06/08/2017
Ever heard of Bowser? Yeah.

Actually, same applies to every villain in the game. If the series lasted forever, give or take a few years and they'd all break out of prison/revive/destroy their sealing spell, if they don't get reformed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 20:55:58 06/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
No, he will not. Skylanders 2-4 made it a point to introduce other villains (the Arkyean robot, Kaos's Mom, the Doom Raiders) who tried to take the spotlight. But the Arkyean robot never went anywhere. And Kaos just ended up hijacking the plot from his mom and the Doom Raiders to become the final boss. So, credit to Vicarious Visions I guess, in that for one game it was the reverse and a greater threat knocked Kaos down to penultimate boss, complete with a bait-and-switch (though Kaos was the Big Bad). However, Toys for Bob just made Kaos the villain again for Imaginators because I don't know... he sells, I guess?

No idea if we're getting future games, but Kaos is a Bowser/Dr. Wily scenario at this point. If you ever find yourself doubting he'll be the main antagonist and/or final boss... well, just don't. Because it will always happen.

I dunno, I just get kind of annoyed when a game or show brings back the same villain over and over again, especially if you think they're defeated when they're actually not, or if they just can't be trapped or killed (Skylanders, Akame Ga Kill, and several other things I like have this issue).
Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm a teen girl who likes gory anime and doesn't belong on this forum. Rip me :-P
---
I say "I'm sorry" every second of every day. I love Akame Ga Kill. I'm a teen girl who probably shouldn't be here. I make bad art.
#5 Posted: 20:57:16 06/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Ever heard of Bowser? Yeah.

Actually, same applies to every villain in the game. If the series lasted forever, give or take a few years and they'd all break out of prison/revive/destroy their sealing spell, if they don't get reformed.

Maybe it's just me, but I was kind of hoping for a new villain. I'm getting sick of Kaos and I'm open to change. But then agin I like darker and more serious things (*cough* Akame Ga Kill *cough*) so maybe this whole thing is just me.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#6 Posted: 20:59:10 06/08/2017
Don't double post please, you can quote people in the same post.

Kaos is the face of the franchise(literally he's every social media icon). Even if he takes a break from the role, he'll be there. You can't remove the person that both kids and adults quote.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:31 06/08/2017 by Bifrost
#7 Posted: 21:01:46 06/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Don't double post please, you can quote people in the same post.

Kaos is the face of the franchise(literally he's every social media icon). Even if he takes a break from the role, he'll be there. You can't remove the person that both kids and adults quote.

Sorry, I'm still new to this forum. I see. This whole topic was kinda dumb, so I guess this whole thing was pretty pointless....*sigh* yay i ruined things once again
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 11:47:53 07/08/2017
Eh, you're not the only one who wants to see someone new (some folks are clamoring for Malefor to appear in the games proper). But I just personally don't see that happening if we get future games. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me