darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Activision hints at new Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games
Page 1 of 1
Activision hints at new Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 08:08:28 06/08/2017 | Topic Creator
http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/04/...-games-6829210/
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#2 Posted: 16:39:47 06/08/2017
thanx for the info ! but I'm taking it with a grain of salt
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#3 Posted: 17:11:21 06/08/2017
That seems like an awfully big jump in logic.

"Crash Remastered performed better than expected" = more remasters (sure, makes sense) = OMG TOTALLY NEW CRASH AND SPYRO GAMES COMING!!!!1!1one

Wut.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#4 Posted: 17:25:12 06/08/2017
All I really got from that article was "A PR person said words" or humble-bragging at best. Activision confirmed what we already knew: it has good intellectual properties that have potential to be remastered. I have the potential to be the Prime Minister but without doing something about it that won't ever happen. Still, thanks for keeping us in the know, kaosmumishot - the excitement was fun while it lasted before my cynical tendrils rooted their way in the thread.

Vote Johnbonne for a better Britain. Free garlic pizza bread for every voter. #Bonneservatives
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#5 Posted: 18:44:47 06/08/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
All I really got from that article was "A PR person said words" or humble-bragging at best. Activision confirmed what we already knew: it has good intellectual properties that have potential to be remastered. I have the potential to be the Prime Minister but without doing something about it that won't ever happen. Still, thanks for keeping us in the know, kaosmumishot - the excitement was fun while it lasted before my cynical tendrils rooted their way in the thread.

Vote Johnbonne for a better Britain. Free garlic pizza bread for every voter. #Bonneservatives

If I return to UK again for another long time, I'll vote for you. Could it also be free BBQ pizza? Thanks smilie
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 20:13:03 06/08/2017
"[Vicarious Visions,] The developers of the better Skylanders games"

Dude this is gonna make people salty.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#7 Posted: 20:30:31 06/08/2017
Quote: Crash10

I need a forum weapon of Flynn mocking Glumshanks' supposed death whenever someone tries to pass this off as fact.

None is better than the other, either are equally able to suck and do great things. Shame we never got that collab game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#8 Posted: 21:58:13 06/08/2017
SPYRO! SPYRO! SPYRO! SPYRO! SPYRO!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 22:41:30 06/08/2017

Doesn't surprise me that they are perceived like that by people.
They were the first to use the new graphics, they were responsible for probably the best gimmick in the entire series and they also created a Crash-inspired level along with a figure for him and Cortex.

People won't care if they flushed the lore, style and core spirit of the franchise down the toilet, as long as they sell themselves as "cool".

Anyway, I can't take this as a direct Spyro remakes confirmation but I will take it as yet another hint that something is going on behind the scenes.
And I'd put all my money on them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:10 06/08/2017 by Drek95
#10 Posted: 22:46:07 06/08/2017
Quote: Drek95
People won't care if they flushed the lore, style and core spirit of the franchise down the toilet, as long as they sell themselves as "cool".

Did they? Never saw that, personally...
---
Bruh
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#11 Posted: 23:55:59 06/08/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm not into the Spyro games so I am a little indifferent to the article and as the title says it's just a hint. Now that Skylanders are at best on the bench it would seem to make sense that Activision would be looking around for other money making opportunities and if Crash has hit the mark in terms of profit it would seem logical for them to attempt a Spyro remaster or even a new game. Personally I would prefer them to create a new Skylanders game minus the actual toys but I think that will be a little way off if it ever does actually happen.

Quote: Johnbonne
All I really got from that article was "A PR person said words" or humble-bragging at best. Activision confirmed what we already knew: it has good intellectual properties that have potential to be remastered.

This author agrees: http://www.usgamer.net/article...ilogy-treatment
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#12 Posted: 02:14:53 07/08/2017

He isn't wrong in my opinion. Swap force was great and superchargers is my favourite in the series. Imaginators is my third fav while superchargers and swap force are my first two
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#13 Posted: 02:23:16 07/08/2017
That's because you have terrible taste. Swap Force was good (if not overly repetitive), but SuperChargers was hot garbage kart.

For all their individual flaws, I'd put both Swap Force and Trap Team at the top of the series, followed by Imaginators... with SuperChargers at the bottom being the only one I'd actually consider bad. I blame Acti's draconic development schedules for that more than VV's ability... though the VV games just don't seem to adhere to the same universal lore as the other games.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#14 Posted: 08:59:38 07/08/2017
I remember Superchargers being pretty well received among non-Skylanders fans. Thanks to the skymiibos it's a lot of people's only real exposure to Skylanders.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#15 Posted: 10:41:58 07/08/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
That's because you have terrible taste. Swap Force was good (if not overly repetitive), but SuperChargers was hot garbage kart.

For all their individual flaws, I'd put both Swap Force and Trap Team at the top of the series, followed by Imaginators... with SuperChargers at the bottom being the only one I'd actually consider bad. I blame Acti's draconic development schedules for that more than VV's ability... though the VV games just don't seem to adhere to the same universal lore as the other games.

I don't have terrible taste. I love the most of the TFB games you know (exept TT) why do you have to get butt mad over my opinion about SC and SF?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#16 Posted: 15:19:47 07/08/2017
Kinda funny how this topic is nothing but fighting over which developer is better.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#17 Posted: 15:29:05 07/08/2017
Quote: Kevin16
Kinda funny how this topic is nothing but fighting over which developer is better.

People shouldn't be talking about which is better in the first place. It's really not a fact which is better it's all just opinion and if someone is gonna call me out for saying I like the VV titles better then that's just dumb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:29 07/08/2017 by SkyFan91
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#18 Posted: 15:37:09 07/08/2017
No one has terrible taste we just have different opnions on things...Personally I prefer vicarious visions for their graphics , innovativon and story telling ,but does that make them better or make TFB worse ? Of course not.
Both devolpers are great in their own unique ways !! Now stop arguing like children.
#19 Posted: 15:38:11 07/08/2017
Quote: KingMed
No one has terrible taste we just have different opnions on things...Personally I prefer vicarious visions for their graphics , innovativon and story telling ,but does that make them better or make TFB worse ? Of course not.
Both devolpers are great in their own unique ways !! Now stop arguing like children.

Thank you
#20 Posted: 16:36:38 07/08/2017
You're welcome
#21 Posted: 16:56:03 07/08/2017
There's such a thing as terrible taste but it's not here. BUT, don't accept opinions as fact just because you agree, the article is still biased.
---
#22 Posted: 00:10:34 08/08/2017

This is rather off-topic but yes, I absolutely think they did.
Which doesn't mean that every choice they made was bad (especially because Activision most likely played a big role in all of that), or that even the questionable ones are objectively bad.

But I think we can pretty much agree that they will still be regarded as the best team between the two by the majority of the people, because they ultimately don't care about the game themselves.
Facts still remain: they changed the direction of TfB's story with SWAP Force and created such a terrible precedent like console-exclusive figures, they altered the core gameplay quite a bit and overall heavily changed the feeling of the series.

But again, not the right place to keep this discussion going.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#23 Posted: 00:37:27 08/08/2017

Which doesn't mean that every choice they made was bad (especially because Activision most likely played a big role in all of that), or that even the questionable ones are objectively bad.

But I think we can pretty much agree that they will still be regarded as the best team between the two by the majority of the people, because they ultimately don't care about the game themselves.
Facts still remain: they changed the direction of TfB's story with SWAP Force and created such a terrible precedent like console-exclusive figures, they altered the core gameplay quite a bit and overall heavily changed the feeling of the series.

I don't want to keep this going either but you can't blame VV for console exclusive figures you need to blame Nintendo for that one.
#24 Posted: 00:40:13 08/08/2017
VV is the one that proposed Guest Stars in the first place, you're actually mistaken. A certain guy that really liked Bowser's "very first appearance as a hero(???)" being his own game of vehicle fantasy...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:40:55 08/08/2017 by Bifrost
#25 Posted: 01:05:15 08/08/2017

Okay, I don't wanna go too much too, but I wanna give my points. Reminder that I haven't played any VV game, so I'll give my opinion by impressions.

Personally, I don't see what identity they took of the series. The game is still a dungeon crawler/action RPG with similar mechanics, systems and structure. Okay, now you can jump, what else they changed? I can understand the problems regarding the levels being too long, the enemies being uninteresting, but the gameplay remains the same in my looks. As for the artistic style, I can see VV has a different style than TfB (because different art team), but I don't think it's completely out of place in Skylanders. It's still a cartoony fantasy universe with the same style. The artstyle is different, but not by much. It feels like it has its own style, but it still feels like Skylanders to me, and I can't see why it wouldn't feel. I can understand it when you're talking about SuperChargers, it definitely feels different, but it's the kind of difference that feels like a breath of fresh air, and it was the only game I felt was far different than the rest in style (and not even all that much).

About story, I can't go too much into it because I try to avoid spoilers, but what I saw seems pretty much the same as TfB, save particular writer-specific details. You have Kaos doing evil stuff, you have a new excuse for new paywalls, you have lots of lore, you have charming NPCs, it's all there and it feels like it is Skylanders, even with its particularities.

Can't argue about console-exclusive characters. As much as I like Bowser and DK, I feel bad for PS and XBox players.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:00 08/08/2017 by Crash10
#26 Posted: 02:54:41 08/08/2017
Quote: Bifrost
VV is the one that proposed Guest Stars in the first place, you're actually mistaken. A certain guy that really liked Bowser's "very first appearance as a hero(???)" being his own game of vehicle fantasy...

Then yet again, can't blame them for having them Nintendo exclusive. If TFB handled them they'd have to do the same thing. Don't blame nintendo's greed on others
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#27 Posted: 02:59:36 08/08/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

Then yet again, can't blame them for having them Nintendo exclusive. If TFB handled them they'd have to do the same thing. Don't blame nintendo's greed on others

I'm gonna say this once, and once only as to not derail the thread

But why do you have such a hatred for Nintendo?

Also, DK and Bowser are owned by Nintendo, they can't just throw them out there and say 'Done" Activision doesn't own DK or Bowser

They do own Crash and Cortex, which is why they are on all systems
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#28 Posted: 03:18:25 08/08/2017

I think the issue is, is that there shouldn't be console exclusives. If that means no "insert X character here" then so be it.
---
Hahahahaha
#29 Posted: 03:31:12 08/08/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

I'm gonna say this once, and once only as to not derail the thread

But why do you have such a hatred for Nintendo?

Also, DK and Bowser are owned by Nintendo, they can't just throw them out there and say 'Done" Activision doesn't own DK or Bowser

They do own Crash and Cortex, which is why they are on all systems

Last thing I'm saying about this off topic situation. But the reason I sad this was because Drek and Bifrost blamed VV for the Nintendo guest stars being console exclusive. That wasn't VV's fault that was nintendo's fault
#30 Posted: 04:59:43 08/08/2017
I like guest stars and I hope that we'll get more in the future.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#31 Posted: 07:52:59 08/08/2017
I liked the guest stars , though I totally agree that the Nintendo ones could have been handled better. I love that they were released separately and doubled as amiibo! But while us game-savvy folk should reasonably expect them to not work on competitor platforms, they needed a larger label that they were console-exclusive for the rest of their buyers - a parent isn't going to read the little sticker.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#32 Posted: 17:30:17 08/08/2017

How is someone supposed to blame a company for making games/content that only work on their consoles so they can attract players with their IP? Have you ever heard of the word "capitalism"? Or "industry"? Or "intelligence" (I guess not this one)? Dude, companies have to find a way to make their hardware attractive, and no matter which company it is, they're gonna release exclusive content. Sony does that with exclusive games for PS4, Microsoft does that with exclusive games for [Insert E3 narration] XBox One and Windows 10. Would you call Sony "greedy" because Horizon is a PS4 exclusive? No, because that's not being greedy, that's being a company, a smart one.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:04 08/08/2017 by Crash10
#33 Posted: 14:55:17 09/08/2017
Why is this topic even in Imaginators though? has nothing to do with Skylanders.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#34 Posted: 15:10:13 09/08/2017
If we got Guest Stars, as much as I loved the Nintendo guys, I think they should be all platform, and handled exactly as the Crash ones were.

We could get Sonic guest stars, with Sonic in the Air element and like Tails or Eggman in Tech. Then we could get Sonic level, where Metal Sonic is the boss.

Or Spyro ones, with Hunter in Life and Ripto in Fire. Then we get a level with Gnasty Gnorc as the boss.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#35 Posted: 20:20:08 09/08/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
If we got Guest Stars, as much as I loved the Nintendo guys, I think they should be all platform, and handled exactly as the Crash ones were.

We could get Sonic guest stars, with Sonic in the Air element and like Tails or Eggman in Tech. Then we could get Sonic level, where Metal Sonic is the boss.

Or Spyro ones, with Hunter in Life and Ripto in Fire. Then we get a level with Gnasty Gnorc as the boss.

I need Squigly from SkullGirls
#36 Posted: 21:57:25 09/08/2017

How is someone supposed to blame a company for making games/content that only work on their consoles so they can attract players with their IP? Have you ever heard of the word "capitalism"? Or "industry"? Or "intelligence" (I guess not this one)? Dude, companies have to find a way to make their hardware attractive, and no matter which company it is, they're gonna release exclusive content. Sony does that with exclusive games for PS4, Microsoft does that with exclusive games for [Insert E3 narration] XBox One and Windows 10. Would you call Sony "greedy" because Horizon is a PS4 exclusive? No, because that's not being greedy, that's being a company, a smart one.

I'd really love to reply to your previous post, but it would derail the topic horribly.
Might write you a private message, but don't count on it, I'm pretty busy lately. smilie

I do wanna say that I agree with everything you wrote about console exclusives yet I still can't accept that concept being tied to Skylanders figures and I fully blame Activision and V.V. for having allowed it.
The Wii U version of Trap Team had exclusive features, no one said anything because no one felt alienated by that minor difference.

But when you go against the spirit of the concept you created (remember the "go to your friend's house and bring your toys with you to play with him"? What if he has a PS4 or an XBOX ONE, then?) and give the short end of the stick to non-Nintendo players, well, then you are not being smart neither greedy; you are just being obnoxious.

Crash and Cortex were well made guest-stars, Bowser and Donkey Kong are an insult to this franchise, in my opinion.
And I hate to say that, because they both look incredibly fun to play.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#37 Posted: 22:14:56 09/08/2017
I can agree I don't like Bowser and DK's presence on the game too, mainly because, while I have no problem with exclusive games, exclusive content for multiplatform games always bugged me. Not that I hate it or anything, I'm just not a fan. Plus Skylanders always had that "all characters on all consoles thing" which was basically broken by those two.

That said, I can't blame anyone but the team for that. More specifically, those guys who admittedly said they like Nintendo and proposed the idea. The only thing Nintendo did was approve the partnership and give them the IP to work. Even Activision, being the ones who gave the thumbs up for it, aren't the ones to blame. VV had the idea, their work on Bowser and DK was just as wonderful as with Crash in my opinion, stages aside, but that led to the mess regarding Starter Packs and a "hole" on PS/XBox collections.
---
Bruh
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#38 Posted: 20:41:06 10/08/2017
On the one hand, I sympathize with people who can't play as every Skylander because they don't have a Nintendo console. But on the other hand, I would hate to be transported to an alternate reality where I couldn't play as DK and Bowser in Skylanders, even if we got other brand new characters in their place. DK and Bowser are just too awesome, as is the concept of figures that combine Skylanders and amiibo functionality. So at the end of the day I just can't help but be glad I'm in the reality where we got the Skymiibos.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#39 Posted: 23:21:54 10/08/2017
Aaand people go off topic again.

Why is this topic still in Imaginators.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me