Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > One Piece getting a Hollywood Live Action series
Page 1 of 1
One Piece getting a Hollywood Live Action series
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#1 Posted: 13:40:06 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Never seen OP, but thought I'd share this info

http://comicbook.com/anime/201...tion-tv-series/
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 16:14:21 21/07/2017
*insert 4kids opening*
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#3 Posted: 16:37:48 21/07/2017
Idk if i should be caring or not
---
My life is complete.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#4 Posted: 19:17:25 21/07/2017
Not entirely sure how I feel about this. The world is different enough that the characters aren't necessarily Japanese for anyone to make a "white-washing" argument. Though that aside, they'll still find a way to make some ****ty casting choices I'm sure. Hollywood doesn't have a good track record of making good anime adaptations anyway.

As long as it is and as action oriented, it'll be interesting to see how things go, though likely won't work right. Unless there's a lot of multi-part episodes to handle fight sequences that just don't fit into a single episode.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#5 Posted: 19:22:48 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
Not entirely sure how I feel about this. The world is different enough that the characters aren't necessarily Japanese for anyone to make a "white-washing" argument. Though that aside, they'll still find a way to make some ****ty casting choices I'm sure. Hollywood doesn't have a good track record of making good anime adaptations anyway.

As long as it is and as action oriented, it'll be interesting to see how things go, though likely won't work right. Unless there's a lot of multi-part episodes to handle fight sequences that just don't fit into a single episode.

Actually, I looked the ethnicities up, while our countries don't exist in their world, the creator established the characters ethnic counterparts. Luffy is "Brazilian" Jeffy is "American", The deer guy is "Canadian", Nami is "Swedish", Skeleton guy is "Austrian", Long Nose Guy is "African" and the Blue Haired Guy was "Japanese". The others, I can't remember, these ones I do remember.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 19:28:43 21/07/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Actually, I looked the ethnicities up, while our countries don't exist in their world, the creator established the characters ethnic counterparts. Luffy is "Brazilian" Jeffy is "American", The deer guy is "Canadian", Nami is "Swedish", Skeleton guy is "Austrian", Long Nose Guy is "African" and the Blue Haired Guy was "Japanese". The others, I can't remember, these ones I do remember.

I have no idea who "Jeffy" is.

Oda also has a tendency to bull**** answers on the spot for SBS questions from what I've heard, so..... Who knows how accurate that really is. Heck, sometimes when people ask about character birthdays and make suggestions for possibilities, he gives an answer along the liens of "yolo sure, why not. That's now their birthday"
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:54 21/07/2017 by Seiki
#7 Posted: 19:31:51 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Jeffy is the guy with the popeye arms? Prolly not his name, i thought it was that, haha.
---
#8 Posted: 19:34:05 21/07/2017
Jeffy is the guy with the popeye arms? Prolly not his name, i thought it was that, haha.

That would be Franky, but he's the guy with Blue-hair.

[User Posted Image]
Middle is Luffy, top row left to right is Zoro, Nami, Usopp, & Franky. Bottom row left to right is Brook, Chopper, Sanji, & Nico Robin.
---
#9 Posted: 19:39:54 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Nami and Nic Robin.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#10 Posted: 19:40:36 21/07/2017
i hope luffy turns into a white homosexual
#11 Posted: 19:42:39 21/07/2017
Nami and Nic Robin.

[User Posted Image]

Nami is top-tier waifu.
---
#12 Posted: 19:46:17 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
i hope luffy turns into a white homosexual

He looks white already, tbh.
---
#13 Posted: 19:52:42 21/07/2017
^And him being gay is already up for debate. He has the Amazonian Queen, Boa Hancock in love with him and literally wanting to have his babies. Yet it seems that he couldn't care less.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14 Posted: 19:55:10 21/07/2017
^And him being gay is already up for debate. He has the Amazonian Queen, Boa Hancock in love with him and literally wanting to have his babies. Yet it seems that he couldn't care less.

Maybe he just doesn't like her.
---
Bruh
#15 Posted: 19:59:02 21/07/2017
Quote: Crash10

Maybe he just doesn't like her.

He also has a bad case of being an idiot and it's possible he doesn't know she likes him even though she's incredibly obvious about it.
---
#16 Posted: 20:10:29 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Damn, Boa. Minus that mile long forehead, she babeish.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me