Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
FF7 sucks
Manue Ripto Gems: 0
#1 Posted: 08:08:36 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Like it does. I have been playing it outside midgar now. And i didn't realise how incredibly boring this game is. In 2005 i was like wow so cool with angsty music and such. But after playing 1,2 and 3. Playing 7 is such a crap game in comparison. I am not trying to sound like an elitist. But basically why play a game only for the story. That makes zero sense to me. If its only game you want, then the first 3 is the closest with barely any story what so ever. Like 4 and outwards only selling point is to have a story, the game and difficulity is the same and you really don't need to play any game after 3 since its basically all the same.

Its just easy, boring as you progress. I dont see any value of playing it today, it just stinks, the one from 1997. PS1 is amazing, pick another game over it is my suggestion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:09:43 21/07/2017 by Manue
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#2 Posted: 08:40:07 21/07/2017
never cared much for ff series in general. 7 seemed overrated. can respect it for what it did in it's time. other games were are better. lunar silver star story far superior.
#3 Posted: 08:43:11 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: faunatic
never cared much for ff series in general. 7 seemed overrated. can respect it for what it did in it's time. other games were are better. lunar silver star story far superior.

Well i am pretty much fan of PS1. But if you want to try a game where it doesn't involve talking nonsense, try Jade Cocoon PS1. If FF was at its peak it was the 3 first games, the story makes zero sense mostly either way so who cares
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:44:34 21/07/2017 by Manue
#4 Posted: 08:55:52 21/07/2017
not really fan of rpgs if honest. liked ff9, still never beat it. lunar silver star had good story good gameplay but hard to find. have heard of jade cocoon but dislike rpg combat so not really into it. thanks for rec anyway!
#5 Posted: 09:00:37 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Well when i had FF9 i got to disc 2 before YLOD killed it my PS3

My opinion is... its kind of bleh. Like its not terrible but not amazing either. Its more or less made as a tribute to older FF games with the typical elements of FF playstation. I just think the problem is Square sort of gave up on gameplay after 3 and just wanted to make it purely story for selling point. Thats when they sort of went down in my opinion, and thats why its a heck lot easier, i consider 3 to be the hardest in the series. Though for some reason thats what people prefer, story over gameplay

But then again i am not huge fan of FF1-FF3. I dont hate the game, its actually clever, its the design, it feels like some grandmothers house who has teacups on her wall and cooking food that stinks. Which is rude to say but thats why i just cannot stand playing it. The game, good. The atmosphere of the art... gross... Sorry.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:04:20 21/07/2017 by Manue
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#6 Posted: 20:39:56 21/07/2017
Yeah it's boring, and it's graphics are terrible for PS1 standerts

I mean, didn't Crash release before FF7
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#7 Posted: 21:22:21 21/07/2017
You never gave a chance to IV,V(jobs system),VI(one of the best FF story side), did you ever tried them because you would have know that there are great FF title after the first three(and well the first three aged horribly to begin with..who though it a good idea to attack your own characters even if it was intended to be more you use an attack,weapons or spells more it get stronger but it got messed up so you just start attacking your own team,also if you don't care about story FF5 is for you,it's essentially a parody of jrpg trope in a traditional rpg and it's the one that have the best implementation of the job system,but there are more to it,the ambiance,the iconic boss fights and iconic moments,the gorgeous soundtrack,I'm starting to wonder if you ever like RPG ,well the Dragon Quest series is a good bet aswell at the core SMT games(SMT1-4 to Apocalypse) if you want more game in your RPG and less focus on story.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:31:15 23/07/2017 by fyra
#8 Posted: 01:32:15 23/07/2017
so easy to upset fans. very amusing. if need to defend a thing so desperately to others who don't like it, thing is not that great and/or defender has no self confidence. get a backbone. like what you like, ignore the rest. not hard to do. try to make not-likers like your thing is waste of all time.
#9 Posted: 06:43:04 23/07/2017
pretty clear what's being said. reread. spend less time telling others what to like. spend more time with things you like instead.
#10 Posted: 13:36:34 23/07/2017
I have no problem that you don't enjoy Final Fantasy but I was getting the impression that you was mocking and insulting the fans and refusing to accept that there are people like me who enjoy Final Fantasy,also posting a topic called FFVII suck it's really a trollish thing to do,it was obvious you would get FF fans defending FF,you have the right to not like it,we can't all like the same thing after all but instead of making a topic for your hatred of FF the unpopular gaming opinion topic is a better place,will ask for this topic to get closed.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#11 Posted: 15:09:23 23/07/2017
The dude was bimle trying to return. The topic is obviously his usual trolling or whatever and he's now Ripto'd so it doesn't matter anymore. Let's just ignore this and move on.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#12 Posted: 06:43:36 24/07/2017
did not know topic starter was troll. ick. don't personally mind others who like ff7. glad they like it. not fond of being told or others being told to like a thing not liked because another likes it. that is all. not meaning to offend.
#13 Posted: 20:15:55 25/07/2017
How dare you!?Atleast I don't have to deal with forced toys buying and one game every year with even more figures to buy,the new special gimmicks and a new portal,atleast I can enjoy a full priced game without having to buy anything else(something that you don't seem to know even existed,yes we used to buy a game once and nothing else after we had the full package with nothing cut for making more money,especially on console).FF is no longer that great sure,but 1-12 are amazing games,13 is a autoplay mess(it play like a mobile title),15(try too much to be cool again,fresh,interest a new audience,forgot to had a good story,depth to the gameplay,hide part of the story in a OVA,a movie and some DLC instead of letting us have it in the game itself,4 guys,Stand by Me as a Main Theme,fully open world but it's just a huge desert going on forever,no towns,where are the mogs,the chocobos,the fantasy elements?)FF used to be great but the old ones are still playable and easy to enjoy,seriously you don't enjoy it FINE,but don't speak like we are wrong to like it and it's obvious you don't know a thing about FF,go back to COD,LOL or DOTA 2....with their highly immature community...you must be immature or massively bored if you find fun in insulting and harassing FF fans and shaming me because I don't follow the obsessed crowd and no,you must love Skylanders,you have no right to like what you want,you must hate what we hate and like everything we like,Skylanders is love,Skylanders is life we all must say apparently,Spyro lover are wrong and our franchise was crap,what happened to you,to the biggest of the Spyro sites full of news,infos on games,an active community,great fanarts,activity in the fan section,yes back then there was a Classic-Legend flame war but atleast it was interesting to get in there and there was still hope to see something new in the news,trolls were here,sure but such a thing like this FF hater topic would have never been allowed,heck will this site forever be inside a flame war or what?
---
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#14 Posted: 20:20:08 25/07/2017
Quote: fyra
How dare you!?Atleast I don't have to deal with forced toys buying and one game every year with even more figures to buy,the new special gimmicks and a new portal,atleast I can enjoy a full priced game without having to buy anything else(something that you don't seem to know even existed,yes we used to buy a game once and nothing else after we had the full package with nothing cut for making more money,especially on console).FF is no longer that great sure,but 1-12 are amazing games,13 is a autoplay mess(it play like a mobile title),15(try too much to be cool again,fresh,interest a new audience,forgot to had a good story,depth to the gameplay,hide part of the story in a OVA,a movie and some DLC instead of letting us have it in the game itself,4 guys,Stand by Me as a Main Theme,fully open world but it's just a huge desert going on forever,no towns,where are the mogs,the chocobos,the fantasy elements?)FF used to be great but the old ones are still playable and easy to enjoy,seriously you don't enjoy it FINE,but don't speak like we are wrong to like it and it's obvious you don't know a thing about FF,go back to COD,LOL or DOTA 2....with their highly immature community...you must be immature or massively bored if you find fun in insulting and harassing FF fans and shaming me because I don't follow the obsessed crowd and no,you must love Skylanders,you have no right to like what you want,you must hate what we hate and like everything we like,Skylanders is love,Skylanders is life we all must say apparently,Spyro lover are wrong and our franchise was crap,what happened to you,to the biggest of the Spyro sites full of news,infos on games,an active community,great fanarts,activity in the fan section,yes back then there was a Classic-Legend flame war but atleast it was interesting to get in there and there was still hope to see something new in the news,trolls were here,sure but such a thing like this FF hater topic would have never been allowed,heck will this site forever be inside a flame war or what?

fyra on fire hot damn please take a chill pill and please admit skylanders is actually successful because people actually like it
also final fantasy 13 was great shut the front door
thank you very much for listening to my rant, these are facts and you can't deny them thanks again for listening
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:47 25/07/2017 by ThroneOfMalefor
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#15 Posted: 20:21:18 25/07/2017

k

parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#16 Posted: 20:21:58 25/07/2017

put spaces between your punctuations, please? every time you post it's makes me want to look at a really organized shelf or something.

also its okay for someone to not like something that you like. perhaps you should learn this.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:01 25/07/2017 by parisruelz12
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#17 Posted: 20:44:28 25/07/2017

Kyubey was blatantly trolling.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#18 Posted: 02:07:17 27/07/2017
fyra proved point that was being made above nicely. cannot convince anyone to like a thing not liked. just a waste of time trying. yelling insults makes worse.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#19 Posted: 11:52:15 27/07/2017
That's a wall of unreadable text alright.

Also no one says Skylanders is love, Skylanders if life. We say "Portal magic and chill" according to Eric Rogers. That other one is Shrek fans.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#20 Posted: 19:37:40 27/07/2017
Quote: Kyubey
original spyro is inferior to skylanders and the final fantasy series has never been good

I un-ironically agree with both statements.
---
Bruh
#21 Posted: 19:53:44 27/07/2017
Nah, even as a big Skylanders fan, I can't say they're superior to Classic. Probably bias because I prefer goofy collectathons to action RPG tho, or the fact I started with Spyro.

now if they're better or worse than LOS, I'll have to get back on that. Rushed as most may be, Giants, TT and SuperChargers kinda have more polish and deeper gameplay.
---
#22 Posted: 20:42:48 27/07/2017
It's just that Skylanders is more of my thing because of the artstyle, soundtrack, lore, etc., as much as platforming is my favorite genre. Friendly note that I never played the original trilogy.
---
Bruh
#23 Posted: 15:16:20 28/07/2017
Platforming...ha ha...what a joke...you can't jump at all,you can't even fail a tricky jump(common thing in the Classic Spyro game),everything is completely linear and the game take you by the end far too much meaning you can't have any real challenge.No if you want a real platformer play the Classics,Jak and Daxter,Ratchet and Clank,even Mario games are fine for that.Skylanders is a child friendly Diablo clone with collect them all mentality(Buy all figures and games and don't forget to buy a new portal every.single.year) and have never been a platformer.In platformer...there are platforms,tricky jump,risk of falling...and I don't know if it changed since Giants but I don't remember seeing actual platforming.

The Skylanders games are pretty,I will give you that,some characters are fun to use and I do enjoy some like Whirlwind and Flashwing...and I do admit having liked playing through Giants until I got stuck because of my lack of a fire Skylanders(wanted to 100% the game) and got obsessed for a while about Skystones.I admit that even if I don't like Skylanders,I watched some episodes of Skylanders Academy and read some of the comics and actually to my shock enjoyed them.The lore while I admit it's not bad,deserve to be flesh out and used more,the characters lack characterisation inside the games,not being more than just a catch phrase sadly.

I admit even if I feel ashamed to say it,I actually liked playing Skylanders and when someone made me try Imaginators,I enjoyed it so much that I even though of buying it,was watching videos of what Skylanders I should get,was thinking of what I would create with the Imaginite and how my ocs would fit in the Skylands,but I feel like a traitor if I jump ship for Skylanders,feel like other Spyro fans will hate me,I no longer hate that much Spyro redesign(except the early one,now he definitely look better) but because I'm ashamed to like something that I should despise,I keep saying and telling myself even if I know the truth and to not feel like I betrayed the fandom that I despise Skylanders,I do think that it seem like a cash grab with all those figures,but I did found out with Giants that just getting one of each element was enough for most of the games,but because I feel bad to even have liked it and that I like Skylanders Academy and Malefor Skylanders redesign,I keep saying what every Spyro fans says since 2011 to convince myself that it's crap and that it's not worth liking.

For FF,I admit that the franchise don't seem consistent with quality and the story is generally stereotypical and clichéd,also noticed that the titles focusing on story seemed to have worst gameplay and more gameplay focused like 1,2,3 and 5 had better depth in gameplay.Most of the times they feel like entry level RPG sadly...and I'm starting to enjoy more action RPG lately,tried Lunar once on ios,it felt dull and repetitive even if I really enjoyed those games before.What would help is a bit more active but not automated gameplay,don't be just I click in a menu and nothing else,also it really need to bring back the jobs systems.For a good exemple of a still turn based but active and fun combat,check the Tales series or the press turn system of the SMT and Persona titles,would like a more Tales like FF title with combos,more depth,deeper and more fleshed out storyline,better characterisation.To be fair to them,while being for the most part great games,most of them aged horribly and as an adult,they don't feel as fun as you though they were as a kid or a teenager.On the other side I seen RPGs franchise that stayed consistent throughout the years,keeping their gameplay without trying to appeal to westerners,keeping all their depths and you could play a old title and then play the modern ones and get as great as an experience without anything lost by casualisation and trying to attract a wider crowd,it is the case of Disgaea,SMT,Persona and Tales of...to only name them.So in a way,if you think that for a franchise to be considered great,most if not all should be of the same quality,FF is too inconsistent in quality to be considered entirely a great franchise,it should start thinking of what made people love them and focus more on that,than graphics and try to flesh their characters and story more,but keep their gameplay fun to use but still deep,complex and allow more customisation of your characters so no playthrough will play the exact same way.Something that is an issue in FF titles.
---
#24 Posted: 15:40:13 28/07/2017
That's an even bigger less coherent wall of text. If you "feel bad" for liking something because it clashes with the nostalgia goggles, as we've said for YEARS, maybe the problem is you and not that thing.

Your childhood was years ago. It's not coming back by complaining or acting like Skylanders is an enchanted seal. You can treasure it, but living on it is unhealthy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:56 28/07/2017 by Bifrost
#25 Posted: 15:50:14 28/07/2017
Actually it's just because I think that other Spyro fans would reject me and hate me if I decide to play Skylanders,that as a Spyro fan,I'm not allowed to even think of liking a franchise every Spyro fans hate.Yes it's weird and don't make much sense,but it's the position I'm in currently,scared of the reaction other will get if they see my old Giants figures in a tablet close to my PC,scared of their reaction with seeing a PS3 Giants copy,scared that they see my portal on my PS3,scared that they see me watch Skylanders Academy.Scared that if I start linking Skylanders,I'm betraying the fandom.
---
#26 Posted: 15:56:06 28/07/2017
We had this conversation in General AT LEAST THREE TIMES, and you know the answer, you just don't want to remember it. Can we close this thread/go back to talking about FF/keep making jokes about popular games?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:28 28/07/2017 by Bifrost
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#27 Posted: 17:05:35 28/07/2017
In case this thread does get closed (and I think it's in everyone's best interests that it is), I would like to give my 2 pence while I can - not just to Fyra but to anyone else who may be reading and is concerned about their "affiliation". I was exactly the same, and my debut on this forum began years ago by trying to rally people into hating Skylanders because it betrayed Spyro. But your loyalty is not being rewarded, and it never will be. The license holder nor the construct of Spyro himself care for your purchase unless it's part of millions of other sales. To the publisher you are a number, and to the fandoms you speak of you seem only to be another toe to the line. Where's the fun in that? Diversity in opinions makes fandoms so great; I'm dangerously fanatical of Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer and I'll get along with anyone who can criticise the game (not that they can because it's flawless).

You're not a criminal for liking Skylanders or any video game, and you shouldn't expect to be treated like one for doing so. smilie

On topic, Cloud's sword is impractical for combat. OOOOOOH I WENT THERE
#28 Posted: 17:10:18 28/07/2017
While I did not remembered it,I just realized the truth,I can't hate something I actually do enjoy a lot,I now admit that I keep trying to convince myself all those lies said since 2011.For FF,it would be better to not attract FF7 fantards to this topic to close it,because if I do think it's a good game,it's overrated,we rarely get an explanation better than loving Cloud or Sephiroth,it was my first FF or I loved that game as a kid.I rarely hear of FFVII as nothing but perfect while it is not and dare I say it,it aged horribly and need the help of it's upcoming remake to save it.I also enjoy Crisis Core more.
---
#29 Posted: 20:25:55 28/07/2017
...I didn't even said Skylanders was a platformer...
---
Bruh
#30 Posted: 20:42:49 28/07/2017
Sorry,I misread and just realized my mistake
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#31 Posted: 20:01:47 29/07/2017
*snip*

i refuse to believe that i read and "jak and daxter" and "platfomer" all in the same sentence.

edit: at least the later games.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:32 29/07/2017 by parisruelz12
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me