Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Splatoon Web Anime Announced
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 06:59:53 17/07/2017 | Topic Creator
So, I could have posted this on the Splatoon topic, but I think it's useful for general anime fans.

Basically, CoroCoro is adapting their Splatoon manga into an anime, and debuting it on YouTube at August 12.

Source

Well, I guess I have no reason to not watch it.
---
Bruh
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 11:20:09 17/07/2017
OH MY GOOOOOOD

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#3 Posted: 12:02:19 17/07/2017
I'm not all that into Splatoon or Anime (although I have a soft spot for Lupin 3rd), I think Splatoon would make a good cartoon. The colours.... so much colour....
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4 Posted: 12:25:25 17/07/2017
English dub tho?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#5 Posted: 17:24:02 17/07/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
English dub tho?

Ew...
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#6 Posted: 17:25:22 17/07/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude
English dub tho?

Ew...

Woomy
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#7 Posted: 17:46:12 17/07/2017
English dub tho?

Ew...

I'M SORRY I PREFER THE LANGUAGE OF FREEDOM
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#8 Posted: 18:48:45 17/07/2017
English dub tho?

Ew...

DUBS ARE DISGUSTING SUBTITLES ARE PERFECTLY FINE WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU FILTHY MONGOLOID EEL
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#9 Posted: 18:49:25 17/07/2017
Considering Inkling language is altered japanese, I'd go for subs for once smilie
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10 Posted: 18:51:13 17/07/2017

Ew...

DUBS ARE DISGUSTING SUBTITLES ARE PERFECTLY FINE WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU FILTHY MONGOLOID EEL

OH HEY GUYS! LOOKIE HERE! AN ANTI-AMERICAN!
---
#11 Posted: 19:03:13 17/07/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I HATE ANTI-AMERICAN, LIBERAL, FAR-LEFT, SJW, FEMINAZI, COMMUNISTS AND THEIR PREFERENCE FOR CHING-CHANG LANGUAGE OVER THE ONE TRUE LANGUAGE OF THE ONE, TRUE CHRISTIAN GOD™ AND FREEDOM™

KAW KAW MOTHER****ERS ENGLISH™ IS THE ONLY GOOD LANGUAGE ALL OTHERS ARE GIBBERISH AND AGAINST FREEDOM™ KAW KAW

Thank you, Sess. I can always count on you to be logical, calm one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:29 17/07/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#12 Posted: 19:06:33 17/07/2017
Thank you, Sess. I can always count on you to be logical, calm one.

no problem, partner

now i'm gonna go back to makin' sweet love to my tractor wife while drinkin' a cold one with the boys

God Bless America™

Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-Excuse me?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:48 17/07/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#13 Posted: 19:10:36 17/07/2017
you can join if ya like

the more the merrier i always say smilie

i hate the south, plz help

Iwudah...I-I don't know....

It's not THAT bad. My mom's from the south and the people there can be lovely. (This is speaking about Texas, Texas rocks)

Florida, outside of the parks, issss a different story.
---
#14 Posted: 19:19:45 17/07/2017
Florida's not even the south because the kinds of people here are just as bipolar as the weather.

Yo, have you ever met Florida man?
---
#15 Posted: 19:20:58 17/07/2017

Why would you rather listen to English when're you can understand the words and pick up on bad voice acting and not portraying the emotions well when you can be blind to that and have an overall better experience

I can't stand dubs, they're all super cringey and never as good as the original product
---
#16 Posted: 19:23:24 17/07/2017

Why would you rather listen to English when're you can understand the words and pick up on bad voice acting and not portraying the emotions well when you can be blind to that and have an overall better experience

I can't stand dubs, they're all super cringey and never as good as the original product

I hear Cowboy Bebop and My Hero Academia's dubs are fantastic.

What if they got big name, talented actors to VA for them , like in Ghibli.
---
#17 Posted: 19:29:56 17/07/2017
You seem, hesitant....or you're just confused on why I asked. Possibly implying you don't know who Florida man is.
---
#18 Posted: 19:33:53 17/07/2017

I heard the same about BnHA but on one hand they changed the iconic "OH... MY... GOODNESS!" to "Holy stinking super crap!" so...

To be fair though the voice acting isn't too bad from what I've seen but still pretty cringey imo.

There are some dubs where I'll admit to having a hard time watching due to how bad the dubbing is, but there are some anime that have pretty decent or even pretty damn good dubs for the most part. I feel like you're overgeneralizing there, buddy.
(Also, let us not forget that the Japanese acting in anime is pretty bad in itself, you just don't understand them so you don't realize this nearly as much as people who can understand them)

I'd honestly rather watch something in a language that I understand and have it be cringey than watch it in a language that sounds like utter gibberish to me and have to read subtitles to understand what they're saying.
(Especially in something where I have to literally pause it every five seconds during an action sequence because the subtitles can't keep up)

You're free to watch what you want how you want to watch it, but there's no reason to be an elitist about it, man. :P

The part about not realizing the bad voice acting was part of my point. I'd much rather not perceive bad voice acting and be able to enjoy the show in its fullest.

I haven't seen any examples of where the subtitles can't keep up with what's going on, so I can't really say anything to that. I can't imagine what type of scenario that would be where they can't keep up though, sounds incredibly unlikely.

I was being so forceful about it in jest, I don't really care whether other people watch the sub or dub. I just personally think dubs are terrible. :P
---
#19 Posted: 19:36:17 17/07/2017
So, should I open up a new, fun topic?
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#20 Posted: 23:46:05 17/07/2017

Personally of the limited anime I do watch I cannot watch DBZ/Super in Japanese. Half the main characters sound like prepubescent children. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#21 Posted: 17:57:43 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Just warning you guys this is a thing that happens on the manga and will probably happen on the anime:

[User Posted Image]

Welp
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:10 19/07/2017 by Crash10
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#22 Posted: 00:04:17 20/07/2017
I love Splatoon I cant wait
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me