Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > New Spyro game for Xbox [cancelled]
Page 1 of 1
New Spyro game for Xbox [cancelled]
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#1 Posted: 09:08:58 11/07/2017 | Topic Creator

Early prototype of a Spyro game unreleased for Xbox.
Very little is known about this title, we only know that the development started on Xbox and then probably be released on PS2 and GameCube too. We do not even know the year of development, so we do not know if it comes before or after Enter The Dragonfly.
Probably though, it may be before Spyro 4. Because the Spyro model is heavily based on the one for ps1 and not the one with more polygons of Enter The Dragonfly.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 12:39:06 11/07/2017
Seems after ETD. There's actual effort into the game's appearance, not to mention the complex textures(except Spyro, but even he looks a bit better).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#3 Posted: 17:14:41 11/07/2017
I doubt the legitimacy of this but find it interesting regardless
#4 Posted: 18:09:46 11/07/2017 | Topic Creator
CrystalFissure make a video on this argument
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#5 Posted: 18:18:03 11/07/2017
Being cancelled content means it can go either way. We don't even have a date and that stuff about Agent 9 is so so since I wasn't around at the time to know if he even was popular, but would anyone believe you if you talked about the Spyro's Kingdom MMO if we didn't have evidence of the deleted demo? Bloody statues, giant dragons, house customization? A lot of stuff pretty much disappears from existence without ever going through the gaming community's eyes in this industry.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:17 11/07/2017 by Bifrost
#6 Posted: 09:37:22 12/07/2017 | Topic Creator
This is the first project: agent 9.
---
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#7 Posted: 09:50:48 12/07/2017
Yay, glad to see things shared here. The Agent 9 stuff is super interesting. A shame nothing ever came from it.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 09:57:33 13/07/2017
Found this footage of the game as well (pretty sure CrystalFissure released a video about it today, though):

That Spyro prototype is... Fascinating.
It looks like something from the PS1 trilogy, but there is a strong early PS2/XBOX vibe to it.
It's different from fan projects using the original model and I'm sure not even Spyro was final, but it's still something I would have never expected to see.

EDIT: nope, was a different game.
Wow, had no idea Agent 9 was considered for not one but two spin-off games.
One must wonder why he didn't return in successive console titles, unlike Sgt. Byrd or Bentley.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:12:51 13/07/2017 by Drek95
#9 Posted: 12:47:01 13/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
Found this footage of the game as well (pretty sure CrystalFissure released a video about it today, though):

That Spyro prototype is... Fascinating.
It looks like something from the PS1 trilogy, but there is a strong early PS2/XBOX vibe to it.
It's different from fan projects using the original model and I'm sure not even Spyro was final, but it's still something I would have never expected to see.

EDIT: nope, was a different game.
Wow, had no idea Agent 9 was considered for not one but two spin-off games.
One must wonder why he didn't return in successive console titles, unlike Sgt. Byrd or Bentley.

This Agent 9 (or Prime 8 At some point of the development) is from Blue Tongue smilie
The Agent 9 game leaked from Mike Mika is the Backbone Project!
It seems that Vivendi really believed in Agent 9's character.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me