Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > (More) Spyro Music Arrangements
Page 1 of 1
(More) Spyro Music Arrangements
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#1 Posted: 21:02:45 03/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Some (a few) may know that way back I made a topic on some sheet music transcriptions I posted, mainly for TLoS. Well, since that topic's closed, I've now made this one to show you another thing I did, this time for a track from Spyro Orange/Fusion: The Cortex Conspiracy!

Alternate Link

This is more a(n orchestral) score than something you can take away at a piano and play, but it makes for a good HQ version of the original track.

I'll admit, of all the Spyro music I could have looked at, this was an odd choice (I probably got it stuck in my head whilst looking for inspiration for my Fan Game from the only other 2D Spyro game), but its still quite likable.

I might do more of these in the future if I'm bored enough smilie. I've still got an old piano version of the Skylander's theme if people are interested.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:15:07 13/04/2018 by WFLD
#2 Posted: 09:22:36 13/04/2018 | Topic Creator
After my last thingie, RubbberRabbbit2 asked if I could do another thingie, and that thingie was this thingie:

Alternate Link

A Piano Version of Cloudy Domain! Judging from the comments on the video's I've been using to transcribe this, this track is pretty popular (which I agree with)!

I might make a Synthesia version of this later - people seem to enjoy those. For this vid, the footage was stole-, I mean, requisitioned from CrystalFissure's playthrough of the level (with his permission, of course).

Next up, I 've got a jazzy version of 'Minty Mines' from Spyro 2: Season of Flame (GBA) in the works, but If people really wanna see something arranged then I'm open to requests smilie

Toodles ~x
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#3 Posted: 21:12:18 13/04/2018
this stuff is so amazing, thank you posting it...! I've wanted to do some remixes or arrangements or anything, really, with the spyro music for the longest time...! these are nice. :-)
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#4 Posted: 09:50:29 14/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Thanksies :3

If anyone's more interested in a Synthesia version of this arrangement then I have provided!

Alternate Link

The above footage was supplied by RubbberRabbbit2 and his money since I don't have the 'unlocked' version of Synthesia.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#5 Posted: 18:14:12 15/04/2018
I think I already commented on your Reddit post, but I wanted to say thank you again for making this!

A Hero's Tail was my first Spyro game, and Cloudy Domain has always been my favourite level (especially because of the music). I haven't played piano for a while but this is something that might get me back into it! smilie
#6 Posted: 20:48:02 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Awwwww, thanks smilie

And, to add more icing to the cake and raise my ego, it seems that one of the original composers of this track actually found it and left a comment smilie

[User Posted Image]
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#7 Posted: 21:05:48 16/04/2018
ahhh, the synthesia one was great, too! great job! ^_^
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
DannySleepTalks Green Sparx Gems: 233
#8 Posted: 21:08:29 16/04/2018
Quote: WFLD
Awwwww, thanks :)

And, to add more icing to the cake and raise my ego, it seems that one of the original composers of this track actually found it and left a comment :D

[User Posted Image]

Oh, wow, that's incredible! :-) You should be very proud!
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
#9 Posted: 20:21:10 13/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Heya everybody!

I think Ima gonna post a few more of these music arrangement / covers / transcription thingies in future. Currently I've got two in the pipeline with one nearing completion.

I've posted this on some Spyro-related discord servers (including the dS one maybe?) but here's a sneak-peak of one of theme for people who are interested smilie

https://drive.google.com/open?...6n8OVbg-Nz3JCRO

Currently its a WIP and the opening is a little different to what I have now but sounds pretty similar nonetheless.
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11288
#10 Posted: 03:34:13 14/08/2018
nice music. smilie X3
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#11 Posted: 13:42:23 10/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Hi All! Long Time no see

After about a year I've finally gotten around to finishing an arrangement of theme from the Nintendo DS version of The Eternal Night (very obscure I know)! Check it out here:

Alt link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykuf-PBe-E0

Still got a few more of these I need finishing up tho (stay tuned, for like, a year and a half...or longer) smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#12 Posted: 15:04:50 10/09/2019
Nice work, even the obscure tracks deserve their time of day.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#13 Posted: 02:45:21 11/09/2019
Keep up the good work!!
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#14 Posted: 10:17:34 20/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the for nice comments guys smilie

Next up should be an arrangement of a much more well known and loved track from the main console port of the same game!

Either that, or another less well known but great track from one of the original GBA games (depending on what I finish first / resource I have access to smilie
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#15 Posted: 18:28:53 20/09/2019
Very good!! Spyro doesn't have any bad music, even the obscure tracks are lovely to listen to.
#16 Posted: 18:09:38 11/10/2021 | Topic Creator
It's been two years and I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackk!!!!!

Allllllll the way back in 2015 I posted a piano cover of 'This Broken Soul' on Youtube which I shared on this site. Now looking back after six years, I can recognise it was full of mistakes and holes and other such amature-ness.

In anticipation of yesterday's 'Cynder Day' (aka the anniversary of the tLoS Series) over on Twitter courtesy of CrystalBlazier, as well as in response to a request by SnickerToodles, I thought I'd go back to my old Sibelius file, clean up all the cringe, and import the MIDI into Cubase to slap a VST on it for better audio quality!

Tada!

Alt Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C13br-G8SLo

This is completely not what I had planned in my last post from 2019, but revising these old uploads is something I've had at the back of my mind for ages. I've actually got another, hopefully more advanced/fleshed out version of this piece still WIP somewhere, but hopefully people will enjoy this one nonetheless! smilie

A big thanks also to Ebbe who helped me with the audio mixing (because I'm incompetent when it comes to music tech) and to NaMoogly for allowing me to use their artwork in the video!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#17 Posted: 21:43:09 11/10/2021
It's really, really good, I recommend giving it a listen!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#18 Posted: 02:41:30 12/10/2021
yes yes yes thank you for this, waffled!
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#19 Posted: 20:32:15 13/10/2021 | Topic Creator
Thank you both smilie
#20 Posted: 18:35:41 02/02/2022 | Topic Creator
New music project, but this time only very smol :c

So I joined a discord VC one day and a friend was immediately like "Waffled do Halo and Legend of Spyro music" and I was like "Ok" and then I pooped this out the next morning...

Just a few more adjustment to the orbs and a Re-ignited Trilogy recording session later and I made this cute little music vid a few days later!

Alt Link: https://youtu.be/Roy-d1uV_rU

(Its a bit of the Celestial Caves music combined with the Halo theme for clarity)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me