darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Tfb is apparently creating a game in Unreal engine 4
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Tfb is apparently creating a game in Unreal engine 4
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#51 Posted: 22:58:50 23/07/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: Emerald Clouds
The remake would probably go to many consoles. Remember, the Switch is still new. So it could go on the Switch exclusively. Seems like a good choice. Then again, it could go on both, but in any case. Skylanders is kinda old to me. I want them to make a game with spyro and take a break on Skylanders. If a new one is revealed. ( trigger incoming ) then there gonna pull us in with another gimmick-lander game. If a new skylandets game is revealed, then okay. I'm gonna make a post on this..

No the remake would not. Yeah Activision owns Spyro now but if they're gonna do remakes for him then A. The developer would be VV and B. It would be PS4 exclusive. Yes Spyro has been multi play lately (before Skylanders) but they'll make the trilogy PS4 exclusive just like Crash and before Nsane came Crash turned into multi plat.

A release on other consoles is still possible imo. Its a good idea to financially as well.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#52 Posted: 23:48:57 23/07/2017
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=137040&post=6282456]HeyitsHotDog[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=137040&post=6282453]SkyFan91[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=137040&post=6282449]Emerald Clouds[/url]]The remake would probably go to many consoles. Remember, the Switch is still new. So it could go on the Switch exclusively. Seems like a good choice. Then again, it could go on both, but in any case. Skylanders is kinda old to me. I want them to make a game with spyro and take a break on Skylanders. If a new one is revealed. ( trigger incoming ) then there gonna pull us in with another gimmick-lander game. If a new skylandets game is revealed, then okay. I'm gonna make a post on this..[/quote]

No the remake would not. Yeah Activision owns Spyro now but if they're gonna do remakes for him then A. The developer would be VV and B. It would be PS4 exclusive. Yes Spyro has been multi play lately (before Skylanders) but they'll make the trilogy PS4 exclusive just like Crash and before Nsane came Crash turned into multi plat.[/quote]

A release on other consoles is still possible imo. Its a good idea to financially as well.[/quote]

Yeah it's possible but it most likely won't happen. And when it happens it's gonna be a repeat with crash. Xbox and Nintendo fans are gonna go in denial when it's confirmed PS4 exclusive and there's gonna be a huge war and whatnot
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#53 Posted: 00:34:14 24/07/2017
Plus I'd think Activision would remake the original trilogy way before they remade SSA and/or Giants.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:53 24/07/2017 by JCW555
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#54 Posted: 01:35:06 24/07/2017
i'd expect them to make a spyro trilogy remake before a SSA/Giants remaster.

(although giants was my favorite game i'd love to see it remastered)
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#55 Posted: 04:19:02 24/07/2017
There is no reason for them to remake spyro' adventure and Giants...the games weren't released long ago.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#56 Posted: 05:44:22 24/07/2017
Spyro's Adventure and Giants aren't playable on current consoles. That's reason enough to do remasters or HD re-releases (whatever you want to call it).

Remember: A lot of late PS3/Xbox 360 titles got HD re-releases on PS4 and Xbox One.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#57 Posted: 05:55:05 24/07/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
Spyro's Adventure and Giants aren't playable on current consoles. That's reason enough to do remasters or HD re-releases (whatever you want to call it).

Remember: A lot of late PS3/Xbox 360 titles got HD re-releases on PS4 and Xbox One.

I get that , but it's still early for a remake maybe on their 10th anniversary or something.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#58 Posted: 06:52:28 24/07/2017

I think that speaks more for the woeful design choices of the consoles than the games themselves. Remastering because companies lack the competence/willingness to allow for backwards compatibility (at the very least let me download Kameo: Elements of Power) is silly to me, and I have to say this about even my favourite games like Dishonoured.

I'd rather they remaster the games when there's a whopping demand for them to come back, and I don't think that'll be before the series has had a break. In that time Activision and whoever's doing the remaster can decide on what new content they'll add. If they don't add more content, it means more can go into improving the visuals, soundtrack and porting. smilie
#59 Posted: 14:31:17 24/07/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
Kameo: Elements of Power ... Dishonoured

I may have just gotten confused by your phrasing, but both of those Xbox 360 games are available on Xbox One. Kameo was made backwards compatible (and is also part of the Rare Reply collection), Dishonored was remastered.

Semi-related: Since the PS4 doesn't do backwards compatibility and the Xbox 360's USB peripherals (i.e., the Portal of Power) aren't compatible with the Xbox One due to Microsoft's security chip B.S., remastering/remaking Spyro's Adventure and Giants would be their only option to enable play on the current consoles. I'd prefer they redo the games on the new engine and import the full character library, rather than just do a straight port. (But I'd still buy and replay if they did ports.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:33:48 24/07/2017 by McMurderpaws
#60 Posted: 14:45:52 24/07/2017
Kameo: Elements of Power ... Dishonoured

I may have just gotten confused by your phrasing, but both of those Xbox 360 games are available on Xbox One. Kameo was made backwards compatible (and is also part of the Rare Reply collection), Dishonored was remastered.

Semi-related: Since the PS4 doesn't do backwards compatibility and the Xbox 360's USB peripherals (i.e., the Portal of Power) aren't compatible with the Xbox One due to Microsoft's security chip B.S., remastering/remaking Spyro's Adventure and Giants would be their only option to enable play on the current consoles. I'd prefer they redo the games on the new engine and import the full character library, rather than just do a straight port. (But I'd still buy and replay if they did ports.)

Darn, you've shown up my ignorance! Thanks for that, I honestly thought that the Xbone hadn't changed much since 2014. And I'm also glad to see a reason behind the portals' compatibility problems (I know there are issues, just not the reason).

Still, if a remaster is to happen I'd rather it apply to all the games in one box and a single Portal of Power for all of them (if that's even a necessary component, and not have a digital means of gaining characters - unlocking them maybe). Mayhap that's unreasonable, I'm not a programmer. smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#61 Posted: 15:11:35 24/07/2017
Switch tried digital means but also rushed them big time. If they finally use the 3DS version with the neat lists and element sections, it could work, but even if the future has hope for Skylanders, it's way likely Acti will go "oh NOTHING about ingame collection worked let's scrap it".
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#62 Posted: 15:45:52 24/07/2017
have a digital means of gaining characters - unlocking them maybe

The cash genie has already gotten out of the toys-to-life bottle and they don't want it to go back in; if they ever do digital character unlocks, they're going to charge for them individually and close to the same as retail price for the physical figures. The Skylanders figures make up far more of the profit than the game discs/starter packs.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:21 24/07/2017 by McMurderpaws
#63 Posted: 16:36:54 24/07/2017
have a digital means of gaining characters - unlocking them maybe

The cash genie has already gotten out of the toys-to-life bottle and they don't want it to go back in; if they ever do digital character unlocks, they're going to charge for them individually and close to the same as retail price for the physical figures. The Skylanders figures make up far more of the profit than the game discs/starter packs.

Oh absolutely, I don't disagree. I was just being sarcy about the hopefulness that Activision won't do an Activision. I doubt the publisher will just allow a remaster to sell on its own and let the pre-owned toys make money (however little SSA figures can make now) for anyone but them. This is why I don't think there'll be a remaster anytime soon - they won't do it until they can find a way to make more money outside the base game. smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#64 Posted: 12:39:15 25/07/2017
it better be a remake of the spyro games.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#65 Posted: 12:53:18 25/07/2017
Quote: CountMoneyBone

It isn't. Their next title is multi plat. The Spyro remake would be PS4 exclusive and this next title isn't. So it's not Spyro. Also, VV would be the ones doing the Spyro remake
#66 Posted: 13:00:54 25/07/2017

It isn't. Their next title is multi plat. The Spyro remake would be PS4 exclusive and this next title isn't. So it's not Spyro. Also, VV would be the ones doing the Spyro remake

It's still possible. Likely? No, but still possible. Have one team closer to Crash, work on Crahs, and have the other closer to Spyro, work on Spyro. Releasing a Spyro remake on all consoles would only bringing more money and I could see Acti doing that.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#67 Posted: 13:07:23 25/07/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

It's still possible. Likely? No, but still possible. Have one team closer to Crash, work on Crahs, and have the other closer to Spyro, work on Spyro. Releasing a Spyro remake on all consoles would only bringing more money and I could see Acti doing that.

But it won't happen. Spyro and Crash get very similar treatment yes Spyro has moved away from PlayStation exclusive but so did Crash. Then Nsane came and Crash is back as PlayStation exclusive. If Spyro gets a remake the same would be for him
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#68 Posted: 06:14:31 28/07/2017

But it won't happen. Spyro and Crash get very similar treatment yes Spyro has moved away from PlayStation exclusive but so did Crash. Then Nsane came and Crash is back as PlayStation exclusive. If Spyro gets a remake the same would be for him

Stop saying "It won't happen" like it's a fact, because you never know. There's been a lot of Spyro stuff lately soo.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#69 Posted: 11:44:47 28/07/2017

i see no reason why it should be exclusive, it may not come to the nintendo switch but ps4 and xbox i am sure it will. if a spyro game ever will be made that is.

if it get a hd remaster, i hope they put in a ingame starter pack of characters so people dont have to go hunting for old ssa/sg figures.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:05:40 28/07/2017 by Buuzer
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#70 Posted: 20:19:35 02/08/2017 | Topic Creator

We are not even sure that Crash nsane trilogy is a PS4 exclusive, maybe it's just a timed exclusive I mean activision wouldn't waste an opportunity to gain more money and If The game was a PS4 exclusive sony would be bragging about it which is not the case ( correct me if am wrong )
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#71 Posted: 20:26:43 02/08/2017
Quote: Trighap52

We are not even sure that Crash nsane trilogy is a PS4 exclusive, maybe it's just a timed exclusive I mean activision wouldn't waste an opportunity to gain more money and If The game was a PS4 exclusive sony would be bragging about it which is not the case ( correct me if am wrong )

Nsane is also licensed by Sony. It's a PS4 exclusive
#72 Posted: 20:34:40 02/08/2017 | Topic Creator

I think that being licensed by sony means that sony gave activision the official permission to make the game a ps4 game but not necessarly a Ps4 exclusive. And also this tweet : https://twitter.com/playstatio...2212480?lang=ar
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#73 Posted: 21:46:53 02/08/2017

I think that being licensed by sony means that sony gave activision the official permission to make the game a ps4 game but not necessarly a Ps4 exclusive. And also this tweet : https://twitter.com/playstatio...2212480?lang=ar

Old news. It's been debunked by both Activision and Sony (VV as well.) Also this sets it in stone https://twitter.com/jaybillsga...563129797619713
#74 Posted: 21:50:11 02/08/2017
Oh, good. Nintendo and Xbox don't deserve Crash.
---
#75 Posted: 22:19:09 02/08/2017
Speaking as an Xbox/Nintendo gamer: We don't want him, either.
#76 Posted: 23:44:12 02/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Speaking as a Nintendo fan I want the game on switch but I can live without it But I really think it's not a PS4 exclusive
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#77 Posted: 00:01:31 03/08/2017
Speaking as Wii U owner, I'd like to play it but I'm not spending $200+ on a device to play 1 (well, 2) games so it'd be nice if it weren't PS4 exclusive.
---
Hahahahaha
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#78 Posted: 00:09:40 03/08/2017
Speaking as a Wii owner I can't play anything that came after 2012 so whatever.
---
Bruh
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me