darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Tfb is apparently creating a game in Unreal engine 4
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Tfb is apparently creating a game in Unreal engine 4
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#1 Posted: 11:56:45 28/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Don't know if you already know this guys and If its important but I found this and I wanted to share:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364173
(If this topic is pointless or was made before just tell me so I can delete it smilie )
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:15:29 28/06/2017 by Trighap52
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 12:04:16 28/06/2017
Thanks, we already knew about it but not that much into detail, I believe.

You know what?
All those informations makes me think about a pure fighting Skylanders game.
No Story, no experience or gold to gain (possibly) just a huge online Battle Mode to let Portal Master play with their collection.

Would it be that far fetched?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:34:17 28/06/2017 by Drek95
#3 Posted: 12:07:32 28/06/2017 | Topic Creator
It would be cool If it was kind of like Pokken tournment with the Portal master being the Trainer and the same combat style.
I would totally buy it !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#4 Posted: 12:26:56 28/06/2017
Tbh if sky 7 is gonna be in unreal engine 4 then y'all already know how amazing that'll look
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 12:35:47 28/06/2017
I'd change the title. Acti makes games all the time, this is TFB.

French fluency makes me think TeamTO is involved, if it's Skylanders.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#6 Posted: 13:29:23 28/06/2017
Thats interesting, i dont think it will be skylanders but i am not taking this option off the table. Just in case...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#7 Posted: 13:33:38 28/06/2017
So I looked through that thread an apparent a VV employee said something about farewell Alchemy? Maybe Unreal Engine 4 is gonna be their main?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:56 28/06/2017 by SkyFan91
#8 Posted: 14:07:37 28/06/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Tbh if sky 7 is gonna be in unreal engine 4 then y'all already know how amazing that'll look

I don't necessarily agree.

I think Alchemy suits Skylanders much more than a realistic engine such as that one.
It might look cool but probably wouldn't feel right: remember all those Crash and Spyro fan-games using similar engines?

Yeah, not very professional.

Quote: Bifrost
I'd change the title. Acti makes games all the time, this is TFB.

French fluency makes me think TeamTO is involved, if it's Skylanders.

Or Beenox.

-SWAP Force and Trap Team portings flashback-

Oooh, Eon, have mercy.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:21 28/06/2017 by Drek95
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#9 Posted: 14:09:21 28/06/2017
oh god, plz don't bring back beenox

the bee puns are off the charts and i don't like it
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#10 Posted: 15:18:58 28/06/2017
Quote: Duke Spike
oh god, plz don't bring back beenox

the bee puns are off the charts and i don't like it

Look, when you have a name like that and you develop the Bee Movie game(which isn't half bad), you're acomplished in life.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#11 Posted: 15:28:04 28/06/2017
Quote: Drek95
I think Alchemy suits Skylanders much more than a realistic engine such as that one.
It might look cool but probably wouldn't feel right: remember all those Crash and Spyro fan-games using similar engines?

Using a new engine doesn't mean their art style would change. It means built-in water and lighting effects, sure, but it doesn't mean that the characters and landscapes will suddenly be photorealistic.
#12 Posted: 15:37:25 28/06/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

Using a new engine doesn't mean their art style would change. It means built-in water and lighting effects, sure, but it doesn't mean that the characters and landscapes will suddenly be photorealistic.

Of course, that was purely a personal opinion.

Let me rephrase what I said: I don't think an UE4 Skylanders game would necessarily look better than the previous ones just because of that innovation.
It would definitely be a plus, if handled correctly.

I'd be curious to see how professional developers would take advantage of it in the series.
Don't remember many cartoonish games using it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#13 Posted: 16:47:30 28/06/2017
If it's not Skylanders, I hope it's something else that's just as weird and magical as that franchise.

Although a standalone Skylanders Battle Mode game would get me super friggin hyped!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14 Posted: 17:52:45 28/06/2017

Let me rephrase what I said: I don't think an UE4 Skylanders game would necessarily look better than the previous ones just because of that innovation.

I'd be curious to see how professional developers would take advantage of it in the series.

The next Yoshi game for the Switch uses the engine, so I guess it's something, even if the artstyle is very different.
---
Bruh
#15 Posted: 18:02:30 28/06/2017
Quote: Crash10

The next Yoshi game for the Switch uses the engine, so I guess it's something, even if the artstyle is very different.

Yep, that almost aims at realism, or at least at an "handcrafted" looks of sorts (reminds me a lot of LittleBigPlanet).

Yoshi and the enemies are cartoony, the environment is something else entirely.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#16 Posted: 22:54:28 28/06/2017
Minions game confirmed, hell yeah

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/sh...13&postcount=10
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#17 Posted: 23:04:43 28/06/2017
Minion guest-star (Tech Element) coming for Skylanders 7!

You know, I wouldn't be mad if that happened, because it would mean we wuold get a seventh game... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#18 Posted: 00:06:42 29/06/2017
I kinda doubt this is Skylanders related, unless these are spin-off titles based on individual characters or something? Which would kinda defeat the purpose of the games being toys to life but would still be cool? But yeah, after how poorly Imaginators actually did, I'd be legitimately surprised if we do get a seventh game.

Still, whatever this project they're working on is, I'll be looking forward to hearing more about it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#19 Posted: 13:14:39 29/06/2017
Quote: MA-Josh

You guys really need to understand what the word "confirmed" means. Some random guy that is making a wild guess (exactly what he said) on a forum is not confirmation of anything.
#20 Posted: 13:20:18 29/06/2017

No it not, it just tell what we already know. That tfb are not closing and that they are working om something. Could be skylanders, could be somthing about the minions for all i care.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#21 Posted: 13:30:14 29/06/2017
Quote: defpally

You guys really need to understand what the word "confirmed" means. Some random guy that is making a wild guess (exactly what he said) on a forum is not confirmation of anything.

Sarcasm is hard to catch on the Internet, huh? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#22 Posted: 13:36:59 29/06/2017
Oh if there was a sarcasm option...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#23 Posted: 13:43:39 29/06/2017
Quote: omer1698

Would be helpful indeed, but it's absolutely not necessary in this case.
The guy straight up said it was a personal assumption.

The only way to take it as a statement would be to read the sentence very fast and just focus on "TfB" and "Illumination".
Of course MA-Josh was being ironic.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:44:41 29/06/2017 by Drek95
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#24 Posted: 14:44:17 29/06/2017

The only way to take it as a statement would be to read the sentence very fast and just focus on "TfB" and "Illumination".

There is no "of course", there is no other context to set it to. No smiley, no /s or anything. If I were to walk up to you on the street not knowing you and tell you "you look like an idiot" with a straight face, would you assume I was making a joke? Probably not.

You'll have to excuse me for assuming there are many gullible people on this forum after the whole Imaginators Year 2 thing and the things people took as "confirmation".
#25 Posted: 14:59:24 29/06/2017
Quote: defpally

There is no "of course", there is no other context to set it to. No smiley, no /s or anything. If I were to walk up to you on the street not knowing you and tell you "you look like an idiot" with a straight face, would you assume I was making a joke? Probably not.

You'll have to excuse me for assuming there are many gullible people on this forum after the whole Imaginators Year 2 thing and the things people took as "confirmation".

I would certainly not take you seriously, that's for sure.
Not unless I knew I was doing something stupid; in this case there is nothing to suggest anyone could have assumed that guy was making a credible statement supported by actual facts, uless he only read what he wanted to.
It's easier to think he was just joking in this case.

Yeah, I definitely saw why you could have thought that. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#26 Posted: 15:50:15 29/06/2017
Defpally are you really gonna start stuff over not catching sarcasm? Cmon man
#27 Posted: 15:57:48 29/06/2017
You are NOT one to talk, SkyFan.
#28 Posted: 16:15:43 29/06/2017
Yeah I start stuff over many things but I'm not gonna go as far as getting all pissy over not catching sarcasm
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#29 Posted: 21:01:33 29/06/2017
*crosses finger for Skylanders*
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#30 Posted: 21:09:18 29/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

Don't forget to cross your toes
#31 Posted: 21:13:13 29/06/2017

I'm crossing everything

WAIT A MINUTE

*SLAMS TABLE SO HARD IT BREAKS IN TWO*
THEORY TIME

A SKYLANDERS SPYRO ADVENTURE REMASTER
---
#32 Posted: 21:17:52 29/06/2017

I'm crossing everything

WAIT A MINUTE

THEORY TIME

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD
#33 Posted: 21:21:32 29/06/2017

I'm crossing everything

WAIT A MINUTE

THEORY TIME

I won't get my hopes up but that could very well be a possibility.
---
#34 Posted: 20:57:25 02/07/2017 | Topic Creator

I'm crossing everything

WAIT A MINUTE

THEORY TIME

I won't get my hopes up but that could very well be a possibility.

Or a Spyro the dragon remaster, it would be very likely since we got crash this year, BUT ALL BODYPARTS CROSSED FOR A SPYRO'S ADVENTURE REMASTER !
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#35 Posted: 22:21:54 02/07/2017
That would be awesome tho play new characters in SA. One of the biggest hurdles might be the jump feature. Skylanders might get stuck accessing areas they weren't supposed to. Just eliminating that feature couldn't work because some new character's attacks are integrated with the jump move.
---
Any last wishes?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#36 Posted: 23:08:19 02/07/2017
Quote: Wishblade
That would be awesome tho play new characters in SA. One of the biggest hurdles might be the jump feature. Skylanders might get stuck accessing areas they weren't supposed to. Just eliminating that feature couldn't work because some new character's attacks are integrated with the jump move.

Or they could remake the stages around the jump move
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#37 Posted: 08:53:00 03/07/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Quote: Wishblade

Or they could remake the stages around the jump move

I'd rather they go for this. There's some parts that have portals and BOUNCE PADS! unnecessarily placed hither and yon, and the mere act of jumping gives me a far greater sense of freedom and mobility. Plus it can be used to make things more difficult or feel like you're more involved in the game's worlds.

On the subject of a Spyro's Adventure remaster, I'm of two minds. On the one mind, I would much rather they do Spyro the Dragon, and on the other mind I know they'd not do it to my tastes (or those of Spyro's WHOSE VOICE IS BELLOWED THROUGH MY MORTAL FORM) so I'd rather they play it safe with SSA. Then again, how would Spyro's Adventure Remastered recognise toys released after that game? From what I gather there is a 7th game in the series in the works, so if this was released before that (or any installment in the future), it'd kinda defeat the point of that being the definitive edition, which I think we need at some point.

Another thing I'd suggest is to have the Adventure Packs. I doubt I'm the only one who paid £25 for Pirate Seas and wasn't best pleased with the most memorable part of that being memory games with cards, so I didn't get chance to play Empire of Ice because of that bitter taste in my mouth. I've bought it now, but I'd like it so people who don't own the old expansion figures can play that 'DLC'. And if you do own the old figures, you can have a bonus from them or something. I dunno how it'd work.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#38 Posted: 09:14:06 03/07/2017
I think it's all a mute point. I don't think there is a Skylanders 7 in development nor will there be any time soon. And although it would be sensational to have a remastered SSA (still the best game of all in my opinion) that later toys could be used in, I highly doubt they will see it as being financially viable. So I'm sadly confident that there will be no Skylanders console game in the near future.
#39 Posted: 14:44:56 03/07/2017
It's been a few months since I've said it, sure, but I've mentioned multiple times that the best way to keep the franchise afloat in lieu of new games would be an HD remaster of Spyro's Adventure and Giants with the added ability to use the new toys (since they built a database as part of the dev cycle in Imaginators that would allow for easy import of all figures into future games). This would put those games on the newer consoles for people who started playing in the PS4/Xbox One console generation, plus would probably sell better on the Switch than Imaginators did. It would also allow retailers to sell off old figures without having to discount them the way many are now.

As for the jump issue, there are two realistic solutions: 1) redesign the levels (which would take longer but probably look better), or 2) remove Skylanders' ability to jump/make it so they can only jump straight up and down (which would allow them to release faster and therefore cost less to develop).

Quote: kaosmumishot
I think it's all a moot point.

Fixed that for you.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#40 Posted: 01:31:55 04/07/2017

Quote: kaosmumishot
I think it's all a moot point.

Fixed that for you.

How embarrassing. Whilst some might consider it a simple mistake, or simply put it down to the fact that I've never understood the saying, I do in fact understand it and it's not the first time I've made this mistake. Thanks for bringing it to my attention again. No guarantee I won't do it again though.
Emerald Clouds Green Sparx Gems: 328
#41 Posted: 06:05:52 08/07/2017
I happen to think its a Spyro remake for the first 3 games. Unreal has been known to make 3d maps in their games. Seems a bit iffy but i'm sticking with a new Spyro game. Really hoping for that.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#42 Posted: 05:47:04 22/07/2017
Well this is definitely interesting! I can't wait to see what it is!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#43 Posted: 18:33:18 22/07/2017
i hope for spyro remake now.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#44 Posted: 18:23:10 23/07/2017
New job listing appeared on their website. They also mentioned this "Experience and proficiency with Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft standards" here's the link: https://activision.referrals.s.../qa-tester-1321
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#45 Posted: 18:33:00 23/07/2017
OH MY GOSH NINTENDO!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#46 Posted: 19:59:25 23/07/2017
I would get the job if I lived in California lol.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#47 Posted: 20:32:58 23/07/2017
My Lord, I would absolutely love to apply for that position.

Too bad I'm all the way on the opposite side of the US, but ah well.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:42 23/07/2017 by Matteomax
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#48 Posted: 21:21:36 23/07/2017
I feel like this for a new skylanders game not a spyro remake since it mentions Nintendo and Microsoft...i don't know why but I feel like the remake is going to be exclusive for play station
Emerald Clouds Green Sparx Gems: 328
#49 Posted: 22:07:42 23/07/2017
The remake would probably go to many consoles. Remember, the Switch is still new. So it could go on the Switch exclusively. Seems like a good choice. Then again, it could go on both, but in any case. Skylanders is kinda old to me. I want them to make a game with spyro and take a break on Skylanders. If a new one is revealed. ( trigger incoming ) then there gonna pull us in with another gimmick-lander game. If a new skylandets game is revealed, then okay. I'm gonna make a post on this..
#50 Posted: 22:53:08 23/07/2017
Quote: Emerald Clouds
The remake would probably go to many consoles. Remember, the Switch is still new. So it could go on the Switch exclusively. Seems like a good choice. Then again, it could go on both, but in any case. Skylanders is kinda old to me. I want them to make a game with spyro and take a break on Skylanders. If a new one is revealed. ( trigger incoming ) then there gonna pull us in with another gimmick-lander game. If a new skylandets game is revealed, then okay. I'm gonna make a post on this..

No the remake would not. Yeah Activision owns Spyro now but if they're gonna do remakes for him then A. The developer would be VV and B. It would be PS4 exclusive. Yes Spyro has been multi play lately (before Skylanders) but they'll make the trilogy PS4 exclusive just like Crash and before Nsane came Crash turned into multi plat.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me