darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > an idea for the next skylanders game
Page 1 of 1
an idea for the next skylanders game
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#1 Posted: 12:36:49 26/06/2017 | Topic Creator
yes, i said i wouldn't be a consumer for skylanders anymore but hear me out here

ok, so the idea is Skylanders Infinite and it's the last story entry for the franchise
the launch is around the holiday season (not october this time) and it comes out on all consoles available atm
PLUS, pc is back for steam. there's people having a big and powerful gaming pc from what i've seen, so i think around Windows 7 and higher would be recommended for the game.

this time there's 10+ new skylanders (one each element) so your wallets don't need life support
the story is focused on a more mature tone with malefor, since
kaos and glumshanks were shrinked and put in a jar in Imaginators

battle mode is back, open world levels, bank to save money for other skylanders, all that jazz...
BUT THE MAIN GIMMICK IS... well, there is none for Infinite. yup, going full on SSA.
except one feature exclusive for pc, the workshop. yes. THAT workshop.
if it doesn't ring a bell, i'm talking about a full on steam workshop for Skylanders Infinite's PC version
a workshop for custom characters, elements and levels. not imaginators custom characters, i mean FULL ON PLAYABLE CUSTOM SKYLANDERS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD. yes, that means Sonic the Hedgehog can fight along side RO-BOW in the Mushroom Kingdom. there's of course quality control for the mods, so there won't be any naughty stuff for sure. you can store your mods in little tags (transparent hockey pucks with different shapes) and luckily, you only need one tag to store all your mods (the limit is 300 mods, 100 each type of mod) but you might want more if you're downloading more mods

there's online co-op, which can have 4 player battle and story mode
a new portal with a built-in screen
unlockable modes
mod support for consoles (you can't download mods in the console versions)
and a lot more to the table!

the pc version is the first to launch, while consoles will follow one week later
the digital and physical games are sold in 20 bucks, starters are 70 bucks
don't worry, the starter pack characters and portal is sold separately on launch for those who bought the digital pc version

i hope to see feedback on my idea, thanks and have a good day! smilie
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:09:32 26/06/2017 by Duke Spike
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#2 Posted: 13:06:57 26/06/2017
I agree with it launching during the holiday season. Make it launch near Black Friday and boom Activision has a good strategy right there
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#3 Posted: 16:42:02 26/06/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
I agree with it launching during the holiday season. Make it launch near Black Friday and boom Activision has a good strategy right there

Skylanders games already launch in September/October, just like all the other big holiday sellers. Bumping the launch window back to November would actually hurt overall sales, because you would miss the fall break and early holiday shopping crowds, plus birthdays (loooot of northern hemisphere people born in Sept/Oct/Nov, given that they're 9 months from the cold winter months of Dec/Jan/Feb), AND of course the people who buy the game to start playing immediately without waiting for the holidays.

Though given that they don't do any follow-up marketing beyond the holiday season, they really DO need to either release all figures by early Q1 the following year or step up their marketing campaign to keep interest up and keep fans informed of release dates (the way Lego Dimensions does).

Quote: Duke Spike
the story is focused on a more mature tone with malefor, since...

DUDE. USE A SPOILER TAG YOU ***HAT. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:34 26/06/2017 by McMurderpaws
#4 Posted: 19:08:30 26/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote:
the story is focused on a more mature tone with malefor, since...

DUDE. USE A SPOILER TAG YOU ***HAT. smilie

ok, thanks for reminding me
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 20:12:57 26/06/2017
yes, i said i wouldn't be a consumer for skylanders anymore but hear me out here

ok, so the idea is Skylanders Infinite and it's the last story entry for the franchise
the launch is around the holiday season (not october this time) and it comes out on all consoles available atm
PLUS, pc is back for steam. there's people having a big and powerful gaming pc from what i've seen, so i think around Windows 7 and higher would be recommended for the game.

this time there's 10+ new skylanders (one each element) so your wallets don't need life support
the story is focused on a more mature tone with malefor, since
kaos and glumshanks were shrinked and put in a jar in Imaginators

battle mode is back, open world levels, bank to save money for other skylanders, all that jazz...
BUT THE MAIN GIMMICK IS... well, there is none for Infinite. yup, going full on SSA.
except one feature exclusive for pc, the workshop. yes. THAT workshop.
if it doesn't ring a bell, i'm talking about a full on steam workshop for Skylanders Infinite's PC version
a workshop for custom characters, elements and levels. not imaginators custom characters, i mean FULL ON PLAYABLE CUSTOM SKYLANDERS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD. yes, that means Sonic the Hedgehog can fight along side RO-BOW in the Mushroom Kingdom. there's of course quality control for the mods, so there won't be any naughty stuff for sure. you can store your mods in little tags (transparent hockey pucks with different shapes) and luckily, you only need one tag to store all your mods (the limit is 300 mods, 100 each type of mod) but you might want more if you're downloading more mods

there's online co-op, which can have 4 player battle and story mode
a new portal with a built-in screen
unlockable modes
mod support for consoles (you can't download mods in the console versions)
and a lot more to the table!

the pc version is the first to launch, while consoles will follow one week later
the digital and physical games are sold in 20 bucks, starters are 70 bucks
don't worry, the starter pack characters and portal is sold separately on launch for those who bought the digital pc version

i hope to see feedback on my idea, thanks and have a good day! smilie

Saving Private Spyro
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 00:18:20 27/06/2017
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=136911

here's my try.
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#7 Posted: 12:03:21 28/06/2017
I like the idea of a Built in screen. What will it do ?
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#8 Posted: 14:06:00 28/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trighap52

pretty much portally stuff

when you place a skylander on the portal, it's gonna display a nice animation for the element before the magic moment happens
after that, it's gonna display a picture of the map you're in

there's gonna be a some sort of aura surrounding the base on the portal
the cool thing is that when you move the skylander, the aura will follow to where the figure's new position is

here's the cool thing tho, you can turn on and off portal huds
what it does is that the portal gets a hud while the tv hud gets moved to the portal
so if you want an option to transfer the hud to the portal, there you go!

another cool feature is the speaker on the portal
you know when the villians speak to you in trap team? it's returning for the skylanders
the portal will have a nice high quality speaker, and the skylanders will talk from the portal and not the game (except the catchphrases)
along side with the line "Skylanders of the ___ element are stronger in this zone" will also be moved to the portal as well
reason? i want the skylanders to have a feel when they're interacting with the player
you can turn this on and off, but still

think of the swap force and trap team portal on steroids
---
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#9 Posted: 14:09:16 28/06/2017
Quote: Trighap52

pretty much portally stuff

when you place a skylander on the portal, it's gonna display a nice animation for the element before the magic moment happens
after that, it's gonna display a picture of the map you're in

there's gonna be a some sort of aura surrounding the base on the portal
the cool thing is that when you move the skylander, the aura will follow to where the figure's new position is

here's the cool thing tho, you can turn on and off portal huds
what it does is that the portal gets a hud while the tv hud gets moved to the portal
so if you want an option to transfer the hud to the portal, there you go!

another cool feature is the speaker on the portal
you know when the villians speak to you in trap team? it's returning for the skylanders
the portal will have a nice high quality speaker, and the skylanders will talk from the portal and not the game (except the catchphrases)
along side with the line "Skylanders of the ___ element are stronger in this zone" will also be moved to the portal as well
reason? i want the skylanders to have a feel when they're interacting with the player
you can turn this on and off, but still

think of the swap force and trap team portal on steroids

Yeah I like that and you're totally right about the skylander interacting through the portal It would add more personality and feel more real
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#10 Posted: 01:44:17 30/06/2017
Personally I think it will be a while before we see S7. So I see it going something like this ...

The year is 2100. The Skylanders IP has been bought and sold many times over the years before finally ending up in the hands of a newly formed gaming company who purchased the rights for $1,000,000 – roughly the equivalent of $40 today.

The gaming world has finally forgotten how badly Imaginators bombed despite being a really good game, and Skylanders 7 is born.

But these are different times with different technologies. Now players don VR suits and download the moves of their favourite Skylanders. Society has also changed, for the worse as machines now do the work and bored humans sit around looking for the next thrill. And thrills are what Skylanders 7 promises with a higher level of reality where damage taken in the game is inflicted on the players via their VR suits. Want the ultimate in reality? Well how about this – in Skylanders 7 if you die in the game you die in real life.

As a result nobody ever plays as Sprocket unless they are ready to end it all. Stealth Elf has reached new levels of popularity, partially for her ability to heal herself, partially because males want to take a peek under the hood so to speak.

Levelling up quickly is vitally important. Skylanders gold becomes an actual currency.

But as much as things change they also remain the same. Kaos is still the villain, albeit an older, slower, crankier one. Glumshanks is still his butler but he has fortunately now lost his hearing along with his sense of smell.

Online co-op play is now available, but taken one step further as characters can now form relationships and eventually marry and have virtual offspring, which are then able to be purchased as a download and played by the masses. VR suits deliver food and water to players when the find those items in game. They also offer toilet facilities so people can exist in Skylands forever, never needing to return to reality again.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#11 Posted: 02:03:39 30/06/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot
Personally I think it will be a while before we see S7. So I see it going something like this ...

The year is 2100. The Skylanders IP has been bought and sold many times over the years before finally ending up in the hands of a newly formed gaming company who purchased the rights for $1,000,000 – roughly the equivalent of $40 today.

The gaming world has finally forgotten how badly Imaginators bombed despite being a really good game, and Skylanders 7 is born.

But these are different times with different technologies. Now players don VR suits and download the moves of their favourite Skylanders. Society has also changed, for the worse as machines now do the work and bored humans sit around looking for the next thrill. And thrills are what Skylanders 7 promises with a higher level of reality where damage taken in the game is inflicted on the players via their VR suits. Want the ultimate in reality? Well how about this – in Skylanders 7 if you die in the game you die in real life.

As a result nobody ever plays as Sprocket unless they are ready to end it all. Stealth Elf has reached new levels of popularity, partially for her ability to heal herself, partially because males want to take a peek under the hood so to speak.

Levelling up quickly is vitally important. Skylanders gold becomes an actual currency.

But as much as things change they also remain the same. Kaos is still the villain, albeit an older, slower, crankier one. Glumshanks is still his butler but he has fortunately now lost his hearing along with his sense of smell.

Online co-op play is now available, but taken one step further as characters can now form relationships and eventually marry and have virtual offspring, which are then able to be purchased as a download and played by the masses. VR suits deliver food and water to players when the find those items in game. They also offer toilet facilities so people can exist in Skylands forever, never needing to return to reality again.

All of this is impossible
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#12 Posted: 02:07:27 30/06/2017
Obviously it's possible. Do you know how technology will be in 2100? Yeah, I think the answer is NO. So yeah, I'm excited for this game.
---
Bruh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 21:14:41 01/07/2017
I think that maybe sky7 could be a reboot, with a more mature tone. The audience has grown, so should the games.

I'm not saying "oh let's go all conker's bad fur day on it" but let's aim for, like, T? Like let Snap Shot smoke ok?
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#14 Posted: 00:02:43 02/07/2017
I think Activision should go and use the Marvel:Ultimate Alliance gameplay formular for the next Skylander game. With so many figures now, a squad based action roleplay it's the best fit for skylanders.
Emerald Clouds Green Sparx Gems: 328
#15 Posted: 03:59:13 02/07/2017
Battle Mode this, Battle Mode that..
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#16 Posted: 08:30:47 02/07/2017
I think that the next game should take place in alternative Universe where some of the sensie villains are are still villains and they are taking over that universe and planning on making the universes unite so they can rule over everything....This Universe won't have any Skylanders except for Aurora and some of the sensies because the rest have been turned in to statues by the golden queen.

The game would be semi-open World and the super chargers are able to use their vechiles to travel faster.

The main Villains will be the doom raiders ,but their looks will be altered and their team memebers are a bit different ( Golden Queen , Dr.Krancase , Wolf Gang , Tae Kown Crow , Luminous , Mesmeralda , Dragon hunter and Kaossandera) The other members will be present in the game , they are just not part of the doom raiders.

In this game Eon isn't dead , Kaossandera is still pregnant with kaos and She's planing on rebelling against the doom raiders so she can be the only ruler of the world.

This would be a 4 player game with online battle mode and local battle mode.

Some of the charcerts will have their missions that are only restricted for them and the missions will feature cutscenes.

NPC Skylanders (Spyro , Stealth Elf , Jet-Vac , Pop fizz , Trigger Happy , Roller Brawl , Hex , Cynder , Blades , Whirl wind and Deja Vu ) that sometimes follow you around in levels and help you fight enemies

The game will have a darker story much darker than SC , But it won't be depressing all the time.

Flynn , Cali , Tessa , Megs , Buzz and Sharp fin are going to have big roles in the main story.

Buzz reveals that he's actually from the universe that they went to save and that he escaped years ago , because he felt hopeless.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:31:11 02/07/2017 by KingMed
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#17 Posted: 13:52:25 02/07/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: kaosmumishot

All of this is impossible

The joke flew so far over your head it left Earth's atmosphere.
---
Dead
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#18 Posted: 14:29:06 05/08/2017
Hopefully Flynn won't be an NPC again
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me