Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Most boring video game you've played?
Page 1 of 1
Most boring video game you've played?
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1 Posted: 22:23:13 19/06/2017 | Topic Creator
So I'm at the final boss of Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS. I'll need to grind a bit but this was definitely a pretty boring experience. When I heard it was 100 hours long, I thought "Cool, loads of content." Turns out it's all very linear and boring. The best part for me was this bit towards the end of the game where you can pretend you're playing Super Mario Galaxy (a much better game). One of the worst parts is the tutorial. In DQIX, you are told what your job is and then get straight into the action (protecting a girl from getting mugged by a cucumber). In DQVII3D, it takes 30-40 minutes to get to do combat. And this is the remake. It was much longer in the original apparently. Also Maribel is pretty annoying.

Sorry if that felt like a rant. You were probably bored by that. Speaking of boring, what game do you find the most boring?
---
Soon.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 23:10:33 19/06/2017
Uh I don't know. The first few hours of Twilight Princess are pretty boring, but the game starts getting the hang of it... Even though I only started getting hooked at Gerudo Desert or so.

Fortune Street bored me too. It was too slow for my tastes.

Also, emeraldzoroark, please don't open that spoiler, but...

The first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon kinda bored me too. I stopped playing after the first dungeon or so because I wasn't really having fun.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:15 19/06/2017 by Crash10
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#3 Posted: 23:19:31 19/06/2017
I'm gonna trigger a bunch of people, but LoS: ANB bored me almost to tears. It's so monotonous with its combat which is never even close to exciting because every enemy you kill heals you, when you die you literally just respawn right beside where you were, and all you do is spam the melee attack or hold down the breath button. Each level is also about AN HOUR LONG which simply feels awful. The story is also about as bland and cliche'd as you can possibly imagine. I swear the devs spent all their money on the voice cast and none of it on actually making a game (or a script).
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#4 Posted: 23:25:13 19/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
Uh I don't know. The first few hours of Twilight Princess are pretty boring, but the game starts getting the hang of it... Even though I only started getting hooked at Gerudo Desert or so.

Fortune Street bored me too. It was too slow for my tastes.

Also, emeraldzoroark, please don't open that spoiler, but...

The first Pokémon Mistery Dungeon kinda bored me too. I stopped playing after the first dungeon or so because I wasn't really having fun.

The spoiler can't be that ba-

HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU, YOU MONSTER! Seriously, mispelling mystery like that. What? The actual game? Eh, I understand that with the Mystery Dungeon series, you either love it or hate it. I fine with that.

Don't worry I'm not actually angry.

I see that edit you made.
---
Soon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:28 19/06/2017 by emeraldzoroark
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 23:40:20 19/06/2017
Shhhhhh you haven't seen anything.
---
Bruh
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#6 Posted: 23:51:29 19/06/2017
Endless Ocean is painfully boring.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#7 Posted: 00:32:28 20/06/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I honestly haven't really played that many games that bore me that badly, so I'm not really sure as to which game is the most boring that I've ever played.

And you probably aren't really going to trigger anyone with that opinion, Kardonis, as most people find TLOS in general pretty boring. Helk, I like the first two and even I find them boring from time to time.

Fair enough. I just know the game certainly does have its fans. But hey, at least the voice work is good.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#8 Posted: 00:40:06 20/06/2017
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

sorry not sorry
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#9 Posted: 00:57:30 20/06/2017
Most boring video game huh? That's easy. One game one answer no ifs no buts none of that ****.

Every ****ing Pokemon game known to existence.

Fight me
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#10 Posted: 01:05:14 20/06/2017
Miners Adventure Ultra, Fur Fun, and Poi
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#11 Posted: 01:15:47 20/06/2017
Skylanders: Superchargers comes to mind. Also Wii Music.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#12 Posted: 01:27:49 20/06/2017
Spyro Orange and Crash Bandicoot Purple, probably. Even when I played them as a kid they weren't really all that interesting but I played through them anyway because I didn't really have anything better to do. Have not replayed them since.

Although that DS Bolt game was pretty bland, too. So much so I traded it in. Didn't get much for it, aside from the satisfaction of not having in my library anymore.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#13 Posted: 03:22:55 20/06/2017
i thought it was common knowledge to not play a game if it bores you?
---
now its time to get funky
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#14 Posted: 05:30:36 20/06/2017
i cant afford to buy boring games
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#15 Posted: 08:18:44 20/06/2017
final fantasy 13
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#16 Posted: 08:43:09 20/06/2017
I thought this was boring games and not Unpopular Opinions?

It was probably because I managed to get lost, but Darksiders 2 is the only one I put down out of boredom. It sucks out all the fun of the Zelda gimmick for find 3 monsters, find 3 keys, find 3 orbs to get with the keys, beat more monsters, etc etc. It always used gimmicks far too much or far too little and the levels just aren't fun enough to spend 4+ hours in each.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:43:35 20/06/2017 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#17 Posted: 08:48:47 20/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Endless Ocean is painfully boring.

I personally loved it, and Blue World as well, but I can absolutely see your point.
It's definitely not your usual gaming experience, I find it hard to even qualify it as a game at times.

Quote: SkyFan91
Most boring video game huh? That's easy. One game one answer no ifs no buts none of that ****.

Every ****ing Pokemon game known to existence.

Fight me

I'm going to trigger so much people by saying this but... I can't stand any game with turn based combat.
The story might be engaging, the characters interesting, the world full of secrets and exploration... But that part of the gameplay absolutely turns me off.

I'm not a very strategic type of player, even if I can stand a couple calm and reflexive parts (that's why I really like puzzle games) but the more the fighting happens in real time, the better.

That's why I'm cut out from classic series like Pokémon and a good chunk of the Final Fantasy games.
Not sure if "boring" is the right word, my eyes simply roll instantly when I find out a game has that kind of gameplay.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:49:21 20/06/2017 by Drek95
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#18 Posted: 09:38:45 20/06/2017
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, Justice Monster V, Bejeweled Stars, Mobius: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts [X] Chi Unchained.

Most of these games are from Square-Enix. Their mobile games carry the worst elements of console games: Long loading times, giant installations after you start the game (making you sit through a loading screen before playing) and long tutorials that treat you like an idiot.

At least console games have widescreen, pretty graphics and the ability to use a controller with real buttons and consoles have big enough hard-drives. Squeenix mobile games don't even have any of those.

Mobile is not the future.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#19 Posted: 11:15:24 20/06/2017
Final Fantasy 7

Fight Me
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#20 Posted: 13:18:14 20/06/2017
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

Not all of us know a game will bore us until after we play it.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#21 Posted: 15:00:40 20/06/2017
Final Fantasy XV
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#22 Posted: 15:01:58 20/06/2017
Quote: kardonis
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

Not all of us know a game will bore us until after we play it.

Understandable, usually I'm able to figure that out midway
---
now its time to get funky
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#23 Posted: 15:46:58 20/06/2017
i hate to say it

but the game that bored me

was breath of the wild
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#24 Posted: 16:28:26 20/06/2017
Probably Spyro Orange. Looking back on it, that was a really bland game. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#25 Posted: 16:47:24 20/06/2017
Quote: Duke Spike
i hate to say it

was breath of the wild

I give your opinion a 7/10.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#26 Posted: 17:00:20 20/06/2017
Have to admit it kinda bored me as well: what worked for Crash probably didn't for his pal.
Would have preferred it if it had an isometric view like the other Game Boy games.

I came to the conclusion that the whole Zelda series is more debatable than it may seem, at least in terms of engagement.
Ocarina of Time is still my favorite title, yet one of my friends found it incredibly boring and dispersive and highly prefers Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess to it.

With Breath of the Wild being even more open and explorable than Ocarina of Time, I simply cannot wait to play it!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#27 Posted: 18:29:20 20/06/2017
i hate to say it

was breath of the wild

It is understandable, it being wilderness apocalyptic ruins makes or breaks the game in terms of engagement (alone excluding some of the mechanics) surely the game would be more engaging if it were set 100 years before being a bustling kingdom?
#28 Posted: 20:09:16 20/06/2017 | Topic Creator
I beat DQ7 today, I already stated my opinions above.
---
Soon.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#29 Posted: 08:28:37 22/06/2017
Sunset, a 2015 "walking simulator" by Tale of Tales. It's easy to pick on Sunset for being a walking simulator and nothing else, but what's even easier is to get bored because it could've been more than a walking simulator. Essentially you're a cleaner for someone during a revolution in the 70s (and it's not the disco revolution either), except you don't clean anything. You're told you're cleaning, but you click on something, the screen fades and returns to show the thing being clean. Visceral Cleanup Detail has a similar premise but its story is told entirely visually, and it's made even funnier and effective as you're cleaning up messages in blood, burning evidence and generally going around being all jolly. But there's nothing visceral about Sunset.

My other choice was Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric because it was more exhausting than infuriating or Submerged, but Submerged was fun to explore.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#30 Posted: 08:35:28 22/06/2017
I would say mybe lbp3 it was extremely short for me lbp1 other hand was longer enjoyable
As lbp3 eh too short

In lbp1 each story had at least 10 missions to play including mini games
Lbp3 was each chapter with 4 missions I'm a lbp fan but enjoyed 1st one best
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#31 Posted: 19:36:08 22/06/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
Sunset, a 2015 "walking simulator" by Tale of Tales. It's easy to pick on Sunset for being a walking simulator and nothing else, but what's even easier is to get bored because it could've been more than a walking simulator. Essentially you're a cleaner for someone during a revolution in the 70s (and it's not the disco revolution either), except you don't clean anything. You're told you're cleaning, but you click on something, the screen fades and returns to show the thing being clean. Visceral Cleanup Detail has a similar premise but its story is told entirely visually, and it's made even funnier and effective as you're cleaning up messages in blood, burning evidence and generally going around being all jolly. But there's nothing visceral about Sunset.

My other choice was Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric because it was more exhausting than infuriating or Submerged, but Submerged was fun to explore.

the best bit about sunset was the creator's meltdown on twitter

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...ut-of-industry/
BlueThunderfan Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#32 Posted: 21:02:23 23/06/2017
I would say Digimon World 2 for me. It was overly complicated, and the dungeon crawling and battles are horribly slow and monotonous. It felt like a real slog, and it was enough to make me put it down after only an hour, and I haven't played it since.
---
Sleeping is Dumb!
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#33 Posted: 17:02:39 26/06/2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the double items thing made the game become Power up Spam: The Game. Wii U Mario Kart 8 is better
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#34 Posted: 05:55:21 30/06/2017
Hand of Fate's deckbuilder gameplay mixed with Arkham Asylum style combat seemed like it might have been interesting but it relied far too heavily on the combat and made it so as long as you pressed the "block" and "roll" at the right time the only thing you needed to worry about was how much food you had.
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#35 Posted: 13:56:47 30/06/2017
i hate to say it

was breath of the wild

I agree. It was fun for the first several hours, but after completing the main quest, there's nothing interesting to do.

Quote: Bryman04
It is understandable, it being wilderness apocalyptic ruins makes or breaks the game in terms of engagement (alone excluding some of the mechanics) surely the game would be more engaging if it were set 100 years before being a bustling kingdom?

Fallout is set in a large, desolate world, yet I find it far more engaging and atmospheric than BoTW. At least Fallout has an interesting story/lore, well written characters and massively customizable mechanics (the first two and New Vegas IMO.)

I love the Zelda series too, but BoTW felt "empty" in terms of engagement. Just my two cents.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#36 Posted: 08:09:11 01/07/2017
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning - The levels are too linear and all you do is beat up enemies. Not to mention the story is very Lord of the Rings-esque.

Spyro Orange and Crash Purple - I did enjoy them when I first played them at age 11-12 even if I was a bit disappointed with the gameplay. But if I were to replay them now, I probably wouldn't even be bothered to unlock Tech Park in Spyro Orange.

Pokemon Rumble World - It wasn't much different to the other Rumble games and the fact you can't always choose which level you play (as they're decided by a roulette) makes it more repetitive.

Skylanders Giants on the 3DS - It's been a while since I last played this, but I remember that replaying the levels to find anything I missed felt like such a chore.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#37 Posted: 19:37:14 05/07/2017
^same
---
My life is complete.
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#38 Posted: 20:31:27 08/07/2017
Hate me but all of the Fire Emblem Fates but Conquest.
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
#39 Posted: 21:00:32 13/07/2017
i recently got horizon zero dawn and its a stereotypical open world copy in disguise, SAD!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:11 13/07/2017 by Blackholes_Wolf
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#40 Posted: 19:31:21 14/07/2017
night in the woods dear god
#41 Posted: 19:48:02 14/07/2017
Quote: Carmelita Fox

UGGGGGHHHHHH
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#42 Posted: 20:56:58 14/07/2017
Quote: Carmelita Fox

is it boring? ive been wanting to play it but i dont really know how the gameplay works
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#43 Posted: 21:13:10 14/07/2017
From what I've seen, it's a glorified visual novel. Still worth looking at, but don't go in thinking you'll get any worthwhile gameplay other than the odd section, it's all about going around the place exhausting dialogue.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:43 14/07/2017 by Bifrost
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#44 Posted: 04:32:22 16/07/2017
*looks through some old games I played when I was a kid*

Uh... probably stuff like MySims Kingdom or World of Zoo. To think I could have actually liked those back then...? They're honestly really boring.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#45 Posted: 05:05:24 16/07/2017
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. I usually don't care for mission based games and the mansions felt horribly repetitive.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#46 Posted: 16:23:33 16/07/2017
Those fake mobile mmos with autoplay that all look the same and most tab targeted mmos.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me