darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The series is still alive, are you happy about it?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The series is still alive, are you happy about it?
portal_agent98 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#1 Posted: 05:10:46 13/06/2017 | Topic Creator
I definitely am smilie
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#2 Posted: 05:12:31 13/06/2017
Not sure if serious thread or troll thread... smilie
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#3 Posted: 05:14:07 13/06/2017
I guess i am happy, but i still wonder about year 2.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#4 Posted: 05:31:33 13/06/2017
Of course
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#5 Posted: 05:56:47 13/06/2017
Pretty much indifferent. My only reaction whether we are getting new content, only the mobile game and Academy seasons or the series is totally cancelled is: "Ok"
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:33:59 13/06/2017 by newkill
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#6 Posted: 12:52:14 13/06/2017
We just want equal worldwide release of the remaining Crystals, Ro-Bow and HeartBreaker BuckShot, you know, basically the content that's already coded in the game.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7 Posted: 12:54:57 13/06/2017
as long as the series continues somehow I'm happy
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#8 Posted: 12:58:36 13/06/2017
I was disappointed with Academy season 1 and am therefore not counting on the show to carry the franchise. Likewise, I don't really care about a mobile game, since I don't own a tablet and phones are too small to really enjoy anything but the most casual gaming on, and I'd rather play something with a decent story and gameplay than a casual game 99% of the time.

If we don't get more content added to Imaginators or a decent Skylanders 7 console game in the future, then I simply have no interest in anything they do with Skylanders in the future.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#9 Posted: 14:01:24 13/06/2017
Excited for Academy. Looking forward to the RPG game. Not counting on anything else.
---
Bruh
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#10 Posted: 15:53:38 13/06/2017
Quote: Crash10
Excited for Academy. Looking forward to the RPG game. Not counting on anything else.

What about the pins, the plushes and the stickers?
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#11 Posted: 16:11:33 13/06/2017
I Really want a pop fizz and spyro plushes...Funko figures would be cool too !!
#12 Posted: 18:11:14 13/06/2017
Quote: Halvmorke

Not into this kind of merchandise but it's a good thing for people who like it.
---
Bruh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 18:35:59 13/06/2017
no its not
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#14 Posted: 18:40:57 13/06/2017
I'd say the franchise is alive.

The series...?
Maybe, I still believe in future games, but things aren't looking good for it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:54 13/06/2017 by Drek95
#15 Posted: 18:58:33 13/06/2017
I might of have said this about a million times , but I still believe that one day they will start making skylanders console games that aren't TTL.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#16 Posted: 19:36:17 13/06/2017
I believe that the main games are dead for sure, but Academy and other stuff might keep going. But no new toys or any of that.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#17 Posted: 19:58:16 13/06/2017
Eh. I hold hope for Skylanders console games through next year's E3. But if we don't hear anything by then, yeah, dead and in the dirt.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#18 Posted: 20:05:02 13/06/2017
The only way we will know for sure is Febuary 2018 when they confirm their 2018 line up
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#19 Posted: 20:05:55 13/06/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
The only way we will know for sure is Febuary 2018 when they confirm their 2018 line up

You mean the report or whatever, right?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#20 Posted: 20:08:29 13/06/2017
I'll probably lose my hope a bit earlier.
I believe no Skylanders' console game has been announced at E3 before, even though they might want the spotlight after a year of pause.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#21 Posted: 20:50:29 13/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Quote: SkyFan91

You mean the report or whatever, right?

Yeah that
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#22 Posted: 20:52:25 13/06/2017
.....Yes!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#23 Posted: 23:00:59 13/06/2017
Quote: Drawdler
I'm not sure if I missed something or this is just about that one tweet, but I think that Tweet was just about Academy and a little merch,

Which Tweet?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#24 Posted: 23:03:34 13/06/2017
Quote: Halvmorke

Did I miss some announcement or are you talking about the old merchandise?
---
#all Spyros are valid
#25 Posted: 23:03:59 13/06/2017
Quote: spot
Quote: Drawdler
I'm not sure if I missed something or this is just about that one tweet, but I think that Tweet was just about Academy and a little merch,

Which Tweet?

This one:

https://twitter.com/jasoninqui...387040619593729

Not sure why it weren't posted before, since it's basically what this whole topic is about.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#26 Posted: 02:50:56 14/06/2017
Is the series still alive? Sounds pretty dead to me. That interview sounded like 'We're not coming out and saying it, but we're moving away from Skylanders at a pretty rapid rate".
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#27 Posted: 08:46:44 14/06/2017
I hope it is. It's always been a fun series for me.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#28 Posted: 08:55:36 14/06/2017
The series. Can still be alive but my opinion their are running out of ideas just saying
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#29 Posted: 15:07:30 14/06/2017
Not happy at all, these games get worse and worse :l its just time for Skylanders to end, it had a good run.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#30 Posted: 02:45:34 15/06/2017
Yes, as long as the next few games aren't "new gimmick skylanders and our levels require these new skylanders for this and that blah blah blah and here have old features that you've gotten bored of hahahaha and a new hub and crap but that's it ok"
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#31 Posted: 04:55:29 15/06/2017
Is it, though? IS IT?

With nothing at E3, and space at retailers shrinking to merely nothing, and but one get FOUR free sale, it looks like the franchise is on life support.

maybe we will get LIM? I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get the last crystal molds.

I just don't get why the Netflix series. Seems like it's a few years too late. That may be the only spark of hope for the franchise.

Would they really put out a game with no toys? It's not toys to life without toys. I give it maybe a 20% chance we will see another game, or even any Imaginators year 2.

I hate to sound disparaging, but this is where the signs are pointing. No E3 announcement and the Krakatoa debunking just left me without hope.

It's been a good run. But, no, the series is dead and I am not happy about it.
---
Any last wishes?
#32 Posted: 05:59:20 15/06/2017
Quote: ChopChopz
Yes, as long as the next few games aren't "new gimmick skylanders and our levels require these new skylanders for this and that blah blah blah and here have old features that you've gotten bored of hahahaha and a new hub and crap but that's it ok"

So what you want is an entirely different game???
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#33 Posted: 01:23:10 16/06/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot

I want the same game with more MOBA elements, less puzzles, and skippable dialogue. Gimmicklanders aren't needed, they can just add in more cores.
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#34 Posted: 01:43:40 16/06/2017
That's how you get the series killed even faster. MOBA is not a genre you can squeeze any game in.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#35 Posted: 02:37:50 16/06/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot

I want the same game with more MOBA elements, less puzzles, and skippable dialogue. Gimmicklanders aren't needed, they can just add in more cores.

I'm not a fan of the gimmicks either, but for me I was mostly hoping we would get some form of open world. Being able to explore and find hidden things was one of the things I loved in this game. The odd unexpected ambush would have been great too. Taking the Imaginators 'create your own' theme further and being able to create new worlds Minecraft style would have been sensational. But I'm pretty sure the series is dead now, so I don't see us getting any of those things unfortunately.
#36 Posted: 05:48:55 16/06/2017
One thing mostly all. Skylanders in imaginators were senseis there were no core skylanders unless you count ur imaginite a core since mostly all the series had half and half exept SA and SI

In giants half were core and Giants
Swap force half core and half swappers
Trap team core and trap masters

Dint play super chargers so don't know if there rosters were one or half Aswell

Then we got this one with all senseis and no cores
---
#37 Posted: 06:17:39 16/06/2017
Quote: sky-dragon
One thing mostly all. Skylanders in imaginators were senseis there were no core skylanders unless you count ur imaginite a core since mostly all the series had half and half exept SA and SI

Remember Trap Team had Minis too, which I guess aren't Core.

Clarifying it to you, SuperChargers didn't have any Cores. Only SuperChargers and Vehicles.
---
Bruh
#38 Posted: 07:27:24 16/06/2017
Quote: sky-dragon

Remember Trap Team had Minis too, which I guess aren't Core.

Clarifying it to you, SuperChargers didn't have any Cores. Only SuperChargers and Vehicles.

Thx for clarifying me since I've never played that game only fav character was fiesta
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#39 Posted: 10:34:16 16/06/2017
I'm with Portal_Master. if it continues, fine. if not, my wallet can find other means to be satisfied.
I just wish the gap for AU/EU release for LIM wasn't so far ahead of the US release. I'm trying to avoid buying it on EBay unless it's a last resort. that and the remaining crystals
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#40 Posted: 15:37:22 16/06/2017
I'm starting feel like this DI all over again. they've got stuff planned for release, then suddenly the plug is pulled. everything on EBay will probably skyrocket in prices, or drastically drop just to get rid...depending on the item.
---
"
#41 Posted: 04:18:11 17/06/2017
LIM might go up in value and things like regular Chompy Mage might be ridiculously priced for a while, but I don't think it will last. Now that the console games appear to be over I'm already seeing the prices plummet on early Skylanders and lots of people trying to offload their whole collections.

Made sense to hold onto toys from earlier games in the hope of using them in future games, but now that that looks unlikely I expect the toys to be worth next to nothing.
#42 Posted: 08:02:50 17/06/2017
Yeah some of the super chargers like terrafin , smash hit and stealth elf were sold for 2 bucks on Amazon and now they are sold for 10...and rare ones like trigger happy are sold for 30 !!!
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#43 Posted: 16:10:29 17/06/2017
I think I've finally had enough of this crap. This is the first time i don't care if i get a complete collection.
---
Any last wishes?
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#44 Posted: 00:06:49 18/06/2017
I havent gotten everything since trap team, i missed yawn and thrillpede (thou i can order him still for cheap on ebay) as for imaginators i havent gotten every crystal but ive kept up with most skyalnders, thou i find myself missing steel hood sickle and regular aurora.
#45 Posted: 03:34:55 19/06/2017
Quote: KingMed
Yeah some of the super chargers like terrafin , smash hit and stealth elf were sold for 2 bucks on Amazon and now they are sold for 10...and rare ones like trigger happy are sold for 30 !!!

Trigger Happy is a good example actually. The Super Chargers Land Racing packs were selling for $50+ a few months ago and yet in the past few weeks I've seen 2 advertised for $15. Prices on a handful of Skylanders will stay high for a while and could even go up a bit once people realise there's little chance of them getting a full release, but in time they will drop and standard Skylanders will be nothing but landfill.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#46 Posted: 05:15:32 19/06/2017
The series is over, I don't care what Eric said. That's not to say it won't come back in the future, but this is going where Spyro was before this series started....the dust bin.

As a collector nut (which is the extreme minority as far as they're concerned), they killed it for me by making items hard to find / not available. Secondarily, the game get technically more polished yet offered less than the first several games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:16:12 19/06/2017 by TakeYourLemons
#47 Posted: 12:24:18 19/06/2017
I'm starting to hate the long delays.
NA still hasn't heard anything in regards of receiving LIM, Imaginators year 2 seems like it's in limbo and God knows if they do a game #7.
I've seen new stuff for Dimensions, yet many stores can't get rid of Skylanders pre-Imaginators or even Infinity.
I guess Activision's covering the next COD and Destiny at E3 because the demand is probably higher. I'm not a big fan of either title
---
"
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#48 Posted: 12:58:48 19/06/2017
Imaginators Year 2 is imaginary, not in "limbo". It is nothing more than something the fans cooked up based on some hoax images and conclusions based upon creative conclusions from reading a chart that was never published or confirmed by Activision themselves.

Lost Imaginite Mines is the only thing that has been acknowledged, and they haven't put out any press releases concerning it actually coming out here. Unfortunately demand appears to have dampened their desire to put it out.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#49 Posted: 07:12:35 22/06/2017
To answer the title question, yes I am happy it's alive.... but I could be happier with it. I believe the series needs to be retired for a short while, definitely after the next game. I believe the next title should focus on what you get straight out of the box, encouraging you to buy old figures (which you can still get brand new for fair prices, so the devs/publisher would still be getting a lot of money coming in). Failing that, I honestly believe they need to go with the Imaginators route of having more than one gimmick/marketing ploy - this game had both Senseis and Imaginators, the former being pushed less than the idea of creating your own character. I've not really committed to a Skylanders game since Spyro's Adventure; when Giants came out I just saw it as "big Skylanders with bigger prices", and with Swap Force I burnt myself out worrying about how little content I'd get without giving it a chance. With Trap Team and Superchargers I've had this mindset of not what I'm getting with a Starter Pack, but what I'm not getting. It's become more and more apparent to me how costly these yearly/2-yearly releases were becoming, and quite frankly I didn't find enough joy out of playing the same content with different characters. The first Adventure Pack I'd bought hadn't helped either - Pirate Seas was 20 minutes of Pairs and woefully easy combat. It's a shame given how awesome Terrafin is, and he quickly became one of my favourite Skylanders of the franchise.

Having said all this, I'm an adult. I don't know how the original child fans of Spyro's Adventure feel about the series now, or how newcomers feel. I'd love to see some surveys or stats showing the opinions from such people, because I know a lot of adults will share the same criticisms as myself or have enough money to be in it for collecting rather than gameplay.

In all, I want Skylanders to continue but I think the business practices need to change. By all means continue making TV shows, comics, books, lunchboxes and so fourth, but the games and the toys in my opinion are what need to be reworked to survive in my opinion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:17:54 22/06/2017 by Johnbonne
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me