Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Mario topic V2!
Page 1 of 1
The All Purpose Mario topic V2! [CLOSED]
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1 Posted: 04:35:42 01/06/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Welcome to the All Purpose Mario topic! Here's the place to play and discuss gaming's most beloved and well known franchise.

---

[User Posted Image]

---

Mario is the starring character of the suitably named "Super Mario" series of games, Nintendo's premier mascot, and one of the most iconic video game characters of all time. He has been in over 250 games and sold over 240 Million copies over the past 30 years. Mario himself is a portly Italian plumber sporting a red cap and shirt, blue overalls, a nice pair of white gloves and a big mustache. He is often found saving the Mushroom Kingdom and his lover Princess Peach from the evil Koopa King, Bowser. He uses a wide array of items ranging from Flowers to Mushrooms to give him unique powers and abilities. He also has a taller brother named Luigi, who dons a contrasting green suit and tends to be the scaredy cat to Mario's courageous personality.

---
[User Posted Image]
--

Coming very soon.

---

Official Mario website

Feel free to suggest any changes or updates you'd think would make this OP better and I'll try my best to add it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:31:30 02/07/2017 by LunarDistortion
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 11:49:43 01/06/2017
I'm extremely hyped for Super Mario Odyssey

[User Posted Image]
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 17:11:21 13/06/2017
Super Mario Odyssey
A new 3D Mario game coming for the Nintendo Switch on October 27th 2017

Story
Mario, and his new friend Cappy, must go on an adventure to save Princess Peach from being married to Bowser. It's that simple

Mario now has a hat, AND HE CAN FREAKIN USE IT
Mario can now use his hat in a variety of ways, using it to defeat enemies, crossing gaps he can't normally cross, and more to be shown.

But he can also possess objects now.
He can possess Goombas, Taxis, Cheep Cheeps, EVEN A FREAKIN T-Rex

Confirmed characters:
Mario(The Main Character)
Cappy(The hat Ghost the repairs and possesses Mario's Hat)
Peach(The classic Damsel in Distress)
Pauline(Wha, where'd she come from)
A T-Rex(Can be possessed by Mario)
Bowser(Including a Fancy outfit, the Koopa King is up to his usual buisness)
The Broodals(A group of rabbit minions who work for Bowser, they act as some Bosses in the game)

Worlds:
Metro Kingdom(New Donk City)
Sand Kingdom(Tosterena)
Wooded Kingdom(Steam Gardens)
Luncheon Kingdom(Mt. Volbano)
Cascade Kingdom(Fossil Falls)
Cap Kingdom(Bonneton)
(It is only known that the Cap Kingdom will be the first Kingdom mario visits)

Enemies:
Goomba-Have Hard Hats in Metro Kingdom,sombreros in Sand Kingdom, and Chef Hats in Wooded Kingdom
Goomba Towers
Pirahna Plants
Spinies
Bullet Bills/Bill Blasters-Wear Visors in New Donk City
Hammer Bros with Chef hats
Uproots
Chincos
Sherms
Sentry Beam/Ring Burner-like Robots
Chain Chomps
Cheep Cheeps
Micro Goombas

Bosses:
The Broodals(Appear in all kingdoms)
Mechawiggler(New Donk City)
A Giant Ancient head(Tostarena)
A Wingo-like Chef(Mt. Volbano)(Not 100% sure about this one though)

VOiCE YOUR OPINIONS HERE
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:45:23 02/07/2017 by King-Pen Krazy
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 17:19:24 13/06/2017
We already have a Mario thread, keeps everything tidy in once place.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 20:16:06 13/06/2017

But in all seriousness OCTOBER CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH FOR ME TO PLAY THIS GAME
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 23:14:00 13/06/2017
So, uh, is Nintendo downplaying Miyamoto's involvement in this or have the finally yanked the creative reigns away from him? Because he's not the producer or director this time around. He's a developer legend, but if he is taking a backseat with this game, I ain't complaining. I'm still salty over his "decisions" with Paper Mario, M&L Paper Jam, minimizing story in Galaxy 2, etc. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#7 Posted: 23:50:51 13/06/2017
He might just be finally letting newer devs work on it. Heard at r/games that he wasn't the only one at fault at Sticker Star's decisions(forgot the other guy), and he's not as unnegotiable as that story made him look.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 01:10:15 14/06/2017
Right, but considering the younger gen is coming out with a game that's beating out Super Mario Sunshine in the wackiness department (I thought the lack of "typical Mario" stuff was great), they've got my attention. ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 02:27:23 14/06/2017
*religiously chants "odyssey"*
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10 Posted: 21:05:10 15/06/2017
Where's Luigi, though? Did he not get an invitation?

I'm starting to think he might be like Mayor Pauline, and have a role as in NPC in one of the "Kingdoms."
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#11 Posted: 22:42:07 15/06/2017
Theory - Cappy is actually an evil interdimensional parasite controlling Mario's body, and intends use it to carry out it's plan gain control over mortal being in the universe. He is the true villain of Odyssey. Mario's not wearing the hat. The hat is wearing him.

Just kidding Nintendo isn't that dark.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#12 Posted: 22:50:19 15/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Theory - Cappy is actually an evil interdimensional parasite controlling Mario's body, and intends use it to carry out it's plan gain control over mortal being in the universe. He is the true villain of Odyssey. Mario's not wearing the hat. The hat is wearing him.

Just kidding Nintendo isn't that dark.

No, Cappy and Mario are gay. So is Bowser, except he is in the closet and marrying Peach to look straight.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#13 Posted: 23:01:30 15/06/2017
Bowser is a submissive bottom BTW.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14 Posted: 23:06:07 15/06/2017
I think it'll look funny if you put Peach's Amiibo between Mario (on the left) and Bowser (on the right). It would be like booth are trying to get her attention and she's just like "oh they like me".

I'm probably crazy.
---
Bruh
#15 Posted: 23:11:02 15/06/2017
Yeah I just tought about it by my own context.

Thought I do wonder if Bowser and Mario were gay and they decided to switch bodies.
---
Bruh
#16 Posted: 23:13:59 15/06/2017
They wouldn't look at each other naked. They want to wait for their honey moon.
---
#17 Posted: 23:20:38 15/06/2017
The real question is what would Cappy think about all of this.
---
Bruh
#18 Posted: 23:23:03 15/06/2017
Cappy is gay. This is a polygamy marriage.
---
#19 Posted: 23:25:52 15/06/2017
As someone mentioned it elsewhere(was it in DS? Can't remember), Peach and Bowser marrying is such a hateful union that it creates a Chaos Heart, so there are actual stakes in preventing the wedding.

If the games ever acknowledge SPM existed, of course, but they might use the idea for another evil McGuffin. Even lower odds is someone bringing up that Booster beat Bowser to that idea, but then Nintendo *can't* actually bring up SMRPG only characters without getting into infringe territory.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:29 15/06/2017 by Bifrost
#20 Posted: 23:31:45 15/06/2017
Quote: Bifrost
As someone mentioned it elsewhere(was it in DS? Can't remember), Peach and Bowser marrying is such a hateful union that it creates a Chaos Heart, so there are actual stakes in preventing the wedding.

If the games ever acknowledge SPM existed, of course, but they might use the idea for another evil McGuffin. Even lower odds is someone bringing up that Booster beat Bowser to that idea, but then Nintendo *can't* actually bring up SMRPG only characters without getting into infringe territory.

Well, the Paper Mario games are books, in the canon of Mario. So, it's likely not gonna come up, even as a little reference.
---
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#21 Posted: 23:36:41 15/06/2017
tbh wario and waluigi better be at the wedding as bowser's best men or smthng i wanna see those boys
#22 Posted: 23:43:00 15/06/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Well, the Paper Mario games are books, in the canon of Mario. So, it's likely not gonna come up, even as a little reference.

SPM isn't ever mentioned to be just a fairytale like the others though. There are the Dark and Light Prognosticus but they are prophecies that become true in the story.
---
#23 Posted: 23:48:44 15/06/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

SPM isn't ever mentioned to be just a fairytale like the others though. There are the Dark and Light Prognosticus but they are prophecies that become true in the story.

Oh, well......Looks like Nintendo is lazy....WORST GAME EVER
---
#24 Posted: 23:52:17 15/06/2017
With that artstyle it could still be a Flash animated series on the main Mario canon though. People are using laptops in New Donk City and everything.

deepest lore
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:52:42 15/06/2017 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#25 Posted: 02:19:20 16/06/2017
Well... The Paper Mario games still are a separate canon to the main games, so, while it doesn't rule out them making a reference to them, I doubt the Chaos Heart will be a plot point in Odyssey.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me