Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Is there a way to access CAD files Activision uses to 3D print imaginators?
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to access CAD files Activision uses to 3D print imaginators?
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#1 Posted: 17:58:41 31/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I have access at work to an infrequently operated 3D printer that needs to be given a random print job every few weeks or so, to keep it working correctly when it IS used. The boss said he doesn't care what's printed on these "maintenance runs," and encouraged me to be creative in order to get familiar with the software, etc. The last guy printed out fun stuff like gear cubes, etc.

So, as long as I've got free reign of a 3D printer, is there any possible way to get the CAD file of a designed imaginator? I read in a previous thread that some of you contacted the company Activision contacted to do their 3D printing, so they clearly had a way to generate the files from their code.

Ideas? Google is of little help because there were so blasted many articles and posts that hit the interwebs last fall gushing over the privilege of paying 50 bucks for one that Activision would make for you, that any useful information is nowhere to be found.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#2 Posted: 21:34:26 31/05/2017
I'd imagine those aren't public, and if they are Acti likely won't sit well with you doing that. Either way the figures are limited edition, and won't last long on the website. But who knows, I'll keep an eye out for you.
But maybe try getting the character models onto your pc, printing them, and assembling them with cement glue? I'm not very tech savvy, just a possibility. Good luck with your search.
Enderking90 Red Sparx Gems: 89
#3 Posted: 07:20:18 03/06/2017
well, maybe you could rip the models from the phone app, but I'm not 100% sure
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 12:25:06 03/06/2017
Battlecast models can be ripped, not sure about Creator.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me