darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Why we didn't get a new Skylanders game this year
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Why we didn't get a new Skylanders game this year
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#101 Posted: 01:34:00 03/06/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: Drek95
Outside of the fact I still think calling both the TTL genre and Skylanders "dead" is beyond ridiculous, it was really interesting reading all those facts.

Just dropped by to express a personal opinion.
If Trap Team's terrible management of Elemental Gates and lack of Battle Mode (let's also include bad traps distribution) certainly didn't help, then SuperChargers was not only the final nail on the coffin, but also the wreath and the funeral.

We are talking about a game which forced you to constantly have a specific type of toy on the Portal, along with your Skylander, to simply play it, which forced you to frequently use one out of roughly 20 figures which made the choice of your character completely useless, and also consequently reduced the areas where you could actually play as your collection.
A game which also basically ditched the previous gimmick because reasons, which introduced the first (and thank Eon only, so far) console-exclusive figures, thus alienating a lot of customers who wanted to get them all, and had the marvelous idea of making half of the roster out of older reimagined characters.

It certainly wasn't the only reason why the franchise is where it is today, and most of that wasn't the developers' fault, but I think it hurted the series much more than Trap Team.
Nuts and Bolts probably didn't taught anything, after all.

To add to the console exclusive thing...
People who want every figure: I guess I had better buy the same game for a console I don't have twice.
Activision: Lets wait a few months, then announce a separate pack with these characters
Everyone: UGH
Nintendo owners: Hey where is Spitfire
Activision: Screw you

Yep.
Should have also mentioned the whole horrible marketing and figure's management: I still cannot get over the fact many figures got their variants a lot of time before the actual regular version.

And the whole Altmageddon... Don't even make me think about that again.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#102 Posted: 02:48:58 03/06/2017

[User Posted Image].....
---
bye
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#103 Posted: 03:25:51 03/06/2017
Yeah, well, at least they did something right.
There were other brilliant decisions, such as sticking Stealth Elf in every single type of Starter Pack, but I'm not sure they are worth a post.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:46:11 03/06/2017 by Drek95
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#104 Posted: 03:58:02 03/06/2017
The thing that sucks about variants that they aren't that special in game or diffrent...like it would be cool if the changed something or added something.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#105 Posted: 05:49:52 03/06/2017
In previous games, they did. For instance, Target's "Nitro" variants had a higher speed stat than the standard version. If memory serves correctly, it was 10 points higher.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#106 Posted: 08:00:26 03/06/2017
^Also, Dark Spyro's attack stat is higher than normal Spyro's and he has a different moveset in the 3DS version.
But nowadays, I think variants are pointless and I don't really see the appeal of palette swapped characters that don't do anything different in the game. I would only buy a variant if I think it looks better than the normal version, which is rarely.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#107 Posted: 10:24:20 03/06/2017
Yeah speaking of variant, I don't know why Steel-Plated Hood Sickle exists, he is a mistake. The colors on the character art, the toy render, the pack shot, the actual toy and the character texture in game are all inconsistent between each other, it's a mess.
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:27:06 03/06/2017 by newkill
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#108 Posted: 10:27:20 03/06/2017
Quote: newkill

[User Posted Image].....

Sorry, let me rephrase that.
EU Nintendo owners: Hey where is Spitfire
---
Soon.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#109 Posted: 11:59:38 03/06/2017
Quote: newkill

[User Posted Image].....

Sorry, let me rephrase that.
EU Nintendo owners: Hey where is Spitfire

Well, you can always use Instant Spitfie in Superchargers...
But Activision loves to unrelease characters in EU (YEAH, I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU, MY DEAR S2 DROBOT OR YOU TOO, LIGHTCORE BUMBLE BLAST)
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#110 Posted: 12:43:42 03/06/2017
In Spain there was no problem with S2 Drobot or LC Bumble Bast, there were/still are easy to find, and cheap : /

But yes, Spitfire's single pack didn't exist here.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#111 Posted: 13:19:37 03/06/2017
The thing that sucks about variants that they aren't that special in game or diffrent...like it would be cool if the changed something or added something.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#112 Posted: 13:46:36 03/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Canadians: hey where is our Nitro's? Australia has em and they don't have target.
Activision: they're at Walmart!
Canadians: that's bull****
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#113 Posted: 19:22:24 03/06/2017
Legendary Skylanders have Attack +10 and Defense/Speed + 10 in Imaginators regarding their regular counterparts. I didn't check the rest of variants from "Legacy Skylanders".
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:35 03/06/2017 by Halvmorke
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#114 Posted: 22:43:15 03/06/2017
I know for sure the majority of variants had slightly increased stats in previous games.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me