Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Castlevania Netflix Trailer
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#1 Posted: 09:14:56 25/05/2017 | Topic Creator

I'm a person that grew up with the other side of Metroidvanias(not Metroid, I mean games that tried to be those two), but god damn I'll have to renew my Netflix account a little sooner than October. Apparently being produced by the same studio as Avatar: TLA is also preeetty dope.

Thoughts?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:35:00 25/05/2017 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 09:49:43 25/05/2017
I personally like that classic feel of Castlevania more than the Metroidvania style games, but I still think this looks awesome REGARDLESS!
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3 Posted: 10:05:11 25/05/2017
This is probably the best thing to happen to Castlevania since Order of Ecclesia. I hope Konami is off-hands with this one because they would somehow ruin it for everyone.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#4 Posted: 10:31:34 25/05/2017
HYPE HYPE HYPE

I've been waiting for something new for the classic series for YEARS! Lords of Shadow was ok in its own right but it wasn't the same.

Excellent that they are starting with CV3. I actually almost cheered during that trailer. ;v;
I hope that this goes over well success wise too, it would be amazing if they would give this same treatment to the other classic series games.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 12:38:17 25/05/2017
Huzzah!

(Please make a reference to the MANLY BELMONT STRUT, animators. That would make my day.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 17:01:08 25/05/2017
Not a man of Castelvania, but since it's animation, I might see it.
---
Bruh
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#7 Posted: 19:08:44 25/05/2017
Didren't they say this Animated Castlevania would be super violent?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 19:13:21 25/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Still R-Rated, 4 episodes. They didn't show anything in the trailer tho, just a bit of blood.

Really hoping it's not too detailed on the gore, I can take action damage but not something slow and unnerving. Totes fine with monsters, but uh let's keep the Forgotten One out of this
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#9 Posted: 00:10:40 26/05/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey

Probably? I mean there's not really a way to make a game of Dracula ruling the world with a bunch of demons and 1 person/group of people trying to end that not be violent. So kids get ready for some blood and guts.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#10 Posted: 00:33:36 26/05/2017
Quote: Trix Master 100

Probably? I mean there's not really a way to make a game of Dracula ruling the world with a bunch of demons and 1 person/group of people trying to end that not be violent. So kids get ready for some blood and guts.

It's a mature animated show, you can expect blood and more violence well there's a limit of course of what you can show.
#11 Posted: 00:57:45 26/05/2017
Quote: Trix Master 100

It's a mature animated show, you can expect blood and more violence well there's a limit of course of what you can show.

A large limit on TV, but on Netflix it has a lot more of the free reign, so the show can be as violent as it can be.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#12 Posted: 02:00:31 26/05/2017
If only TV would be more ok with violence and mature themes TV would be still be relevent.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13 Posted: 02:02:31 26/05/2017
If only TV would be more ok with violence and mature themes TV would be still be relevent.

It's more about the structure than the content it allows.
---
Bruh
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#14 Posted: 02:07:36 26/05/2017

do you watch tv? theres a lot of tv shows outside of cartoon network and disney.
#15 Posted: 04:26:11 26/05/2017
Quote: somePerson

do you watch tv? theres a lot of tv shows outside of cartoon network and disney.

Like i mean non-cable tv. And i don't care for non cartoon shows i just want to see violent shows outside of the internet and cable.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:21 26/05/2017 by KeybasHedKey
#16 Posted: 04:48:49 26/05/2017

I am gonna say you barely watched anything on Adult Swim. Actually TV still gets away with mature themes, especially with adult cartoons (I mean like good Adult Cartoons. Not **** like King Star King). With kid shows there's still dark subject matter, like horror experiments, the fear of losing control, etc. As for violence, we have a lot more of that now than there was in the 70's where no one was allowed to be any form of violent thanks to parent groups. Back in the 70's there was a Tom and Jerry Show with 0 slapstick. Slapstick being technically a form of violence. I wouldn't complain about shows not having violence or mature themes that much, I'd complain more about the usage of memes (takes about 9 months for 1 episode to be made in animation. So the meme would be really irrelevant then) and treating the audience really dumb (Family Guy and TTG/PowerPuff Girls 2016).

If you didn't mean Cartoons, then you're missing out on a lot of shows then. Some of them do some pretty dark/mature things.

Like yeah TV is being a little more obscure thanks to ridiculous censorship on cartoons (not of blood, but more of just dumb things that everyone knows), but it's still pretty relevant no less.
---
icon from Empoh
#17 Posted: 05:27:26 26/05/2017
Like adult cartoons can get the way with everything, but kid cartoons can't because wah it's bad for kids, like chill people it's just a cartoon i want more darker and edgy stuff in kids cartoons.
#18 Posted: 15:32:34 26/05/2017
Like adult cartoons can get the way with everything, but kid cartoons can't because wah it's bad for kids, like chill people it's just a cartoon i want more darker and edgy stuff in kids cartoons.

Wrong. They can get away with some shocking stuff, yes. But they can't really get away with all the sexual stuff considering the network hosting it wants to be really tasteful to the audience.

Also did you not exactly hear what I said? There's more dark stuff now it's just not all the time.
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me