Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#51 Posted: 15:43:54 24/05/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: AdamGregory03
considering buying just because of "The Badass Princess"

Same, dude. I know that'll most likely be retconned when Odyssey comes out but I wanna see my favorite princess kicking ass and taking names.

let peach say ****

Not likely when ds doesn't even let us say it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#52 Posted: 16:10:33 24/05/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Bifrost
And once again, SMRPG and SPM never happened.

Yeah but did Peach pack heat in those games?

((Btw I was aware Peach has been playable before outside of the sports games. I'm not taking this too seriously since I doubt the game's going to either.))

Well, she slaps the **** out of people in SMRPG, and in SPM her umbrella is pretty much invincible. She didn't use ranged weapons but with Bowser around in the party there's barely a need.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#53 Posted: 16:11:54 24/05/2017
i probably wont buy this
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#54 Posted: 20:10:31 24/05/2017
Wasn't there an entire solo peach game?

Super Princess Peach was it?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#55 Posted: 20:14:26 24/05/2017
Quote: Bryman04
Wasn't there an entire solo peach game?

Super Princess Peach was it?

Yep, Super Princess Peach

Where peach saves the toads, luigi, and mario.

She also kills a hammer bro general
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#56 Posted: 20:16:19 24/05/2017
Pretty fun game, actually.

It's on DS so you can play it if you have a 3DS.
---
Bruh
#57 Posted: 20:21:42 24/05/2017
Quote: Crash10
Pretty fun game, actually.

It's on DS so you can play it if you have a 3DS.

It also has Petey Pir-.....

PETEY PIRAHNA MUST BE IN THIS GAME
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#58 Posted: 22:17:38 24/05/2017
Sorry for double posting, but just wanted to talk about the characters weapons

Mario has an arm cannon that shoots lasers
Luigi has a poultergust-like weapon, which looks like it might be a pistol
Peach is using a laser, rifle? IDFK what that is
Yoshi is using a bazooke made of barrels and banananas(I spelt that wrong on purpose)
Mario Rabbid is using a Hammer and another version of peach's weapon
Luigi Rabbid is using the Yo-Yo of doom with his psychic powers
Peach Rabbid has an arm cannon as well, but it's end looks like a flamethrower
and Yoshi Rabbid has a laser Machine gun

So, yeah
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#59 Posted: 22:21:57 24/05/2017
The slides say Luigi is a sharpshooter, so I guess his Poltergust-like weapon might be some sort of sniper rifle
#60 Posted: 22:31:06 24/05/2017
Quote: isaac343018s
The slides say Luigi is a sharpshooter, so I guess his Poltergust-like weapon might be some sort of sniper rifle

That's what I thought at first, but it looks more like a pistol
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#61 Posted: 22:44:25 24/05/2017
Well, I hope there's more weapons. One of the images showed some kind of customization menu, and there was what looked like a weapon selection bar.

If the weapons are interesting homages to Mario lore (like the ones we already saw), there might be some Splatoon/Arms-like charm to the gameplay.

I'm trying as much as possible to not praise this game, but I genuinely think it has some good ideas.
It's just the Rabbids that... Eh...
---
Bruh
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#62 Posted: 00:02:36 25/05/2017
Kingdom Battle, the game is calling me... JK.

Anyway it's a dumb crossoverwise but the gameplay is what we need to see.
#63 Posted: 20:21:36 12/06/2017
Game got officially revealed at the Ubisoft conference. THANKFULLY it wasn't as cringy as the powerpoint presentation, but it's still pretty generic and honestly feels like they don't know their audience. It's pretty much XCOM meaning it requires a lot of spatial awareness that a kid won't think much of, but has plenty of slapstick and hijinks that only kids would really enjoy.

Also, the rabbid missed smashing a Toad flat. 1/10.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#64 Posted: 20:24:00 12/06/2017
Grant Kirkhope is the game's composer, by the way.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#65 Posted: 20:24:03 12/06/2017
I NEED IT

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

I WILL BUY IT
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#66 Posted: 20:26:04 12/06/2017
Quote: HIR
Grant Kirkhope is the game's composer, by the way.

With that trailer music it seems they don't really know his fame.
---
#67 Posted: 21:17:14 12/06/2017
Wow, I thought it looked nice but holy cow I need this now
#68 Posted: 21:31:02 12/06/2017
Seems interesting. Keeping my eye on it.

Also Special Edition:

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
#69 Posted: 21:43:25 12/06/2017
I thought that was an Amiibo for a split second and I almost cried
#70 Posted: 21:44:45 12/06/2017
The DK Rabbids is called Rabbid Kong Apparently

Did I mention I need this in my life?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#71 Posted: 22:10:11 12/06/2017
They better make a figurine of Shotgun Peach because even if I don't get this game I need that.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#72 Posted: 22:24:21 12/06/2017
I was wrong, it looks good. I would love to play it.
#73 Posted: 23:52:41 12/06/2017
Also, there was a Day One Edition leaked on Walmart before the press conference. It seems to have been taken offline, but it's a thing. <.>
---
#74 Posted: 22:43:21 18/07/2017
The story of Davide and Kirkhope with the game.
---
Bruh
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#75 Posted: 07:20:07 19/07/2017
Time to air my thoughts on this I guess: I'm strangely intrigued, and I don't think the Rabbids will actively take away from the game but just do what they always do: exist. Their joke never worked out of the trailers (the joke being a rabbid does a thing, fails to do the thing, pause for comedic timing and AAAAAARGH!), and to be fair it was very well executed in said trailers, but they're just pockets of air in costumes. As someone else rightly said here, they're minions with ears. A punchline or execution to someone else's joke, and the most plain personification of adversity.

So that's why I'm not bothered about the Rabbids being in what I'd consider to be more a Mario game. When I buy and review the game I'll probably bring up the fact they didn't use any other characters that could probably bring far more to the table (Wario as a tank? Yes please. Waluigi as a rogue? Yos. Why not just have DK instead of RK?), but until then I'll reserve my harshest judgement.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#76 Posted: 15:19:57 26/07/2017
Anyone else turned off by Rabbid Kong's pink belly being so low on his body?

Quote: Johnbonne
they're minions with ears.

Eh, weren't Rabbids created first?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:21:50 26/07/2017 by MugoUrth
#77 Posted: 15:23:06 26/07/2017
Quote: MugoUrth

Quick get out of here

Mugo's gonna yell about mario shooting evil rabbits
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#78 Posted: 15:28:04 26/07/2017
Rabbids came first and I orobably sqid it on this thread or elsewhere, but they were presented as dangerous annoying rather than "omg they're so cute and goofy" annoying. Their debut was pretty much putting Rayman through torture and iirc a lot of press material was about invading the real world to cause chaos; none of the faux-evil that Minions have.
---
#79 Posted: 17:56:20 26/07/2017

Indeed they were, but I was just making a comparison. I guess I could've said Minions are "Rabbids without ears" and my point would remain. smilie

Rabbids came first and I orobably sqid it on this thread or elsewhere, but they were presented as dangerous annoying rather than "omg they're so cute and goofy" annoying. Their debut was pretty much putting Rayman through torture and iirc a lot of press material was about invading the real world to cause chaos; none of the faux-evil that Minions have.

That's also a good character analysis and there's little I can argue other than "I find that more appealing on paper". I still think both Minions and Rabbids require someone to play off if the humour from the carefully produced trailers isn't present in the movie or game. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:35 26/07/2017 by Johnbonne
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#80 Posted: 12:44:59 27/07/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Quick get out of here

Mugo's gonna yell about mario shooting evil rabbits

Pretty sure there are good rabbids, too.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#81 Posted: 04:43:11 30/07/2017
I think the rabbids are "good" or "evil" based on whatever Mario character or enemy they happen to fuse/merge with. Although calling them good and evil is kind of inaccurate since they are basically just mindless.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:44:04 30/07/2017 by Muffin Man
#82 Posted: 19:26:20 01/08/2017
New trailer focused on combat:

A musical boss? I liked it.

Also a video about co-op multiplayer:

---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:19 01/08/2017 by Crash10
#83 Posted: 20:09:10 01/08/2017
The also the Abomidable Snowrabbid in the trailer

Honestly, this makes me want to buy the game even more, but showing us a boss that late into the game?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#84 Posted: 14:24:14 02/08/2017
Srry for double posting, but I have found some information on the game

-That boss that's singing in the trailer is named Phantom of the Bwahpera
-The enemies with springs on their feet and wear helmets are called Hoppers
-There is a new kind of enemy, I don't know what it's called, but it lobs grenades at you, and it can heal other rabbids
-Another enemy is a giant rabbid with a shotgun and a shield
-We already know the wrestler enemy, with the giant block, but we now know there is an Ice varient
-Another enemy who wears knight Armor, when they team jump, they damage in a large area, they also have a machine gun
-Boos appear in the third world, and can teleport you to different areas.
-The game gets really, really hard later on
-There is another boss in the trailer, but it's hard to see, if you pause at the right time, you can see it's a giant beefy rabbid made of snow
-We know all the worlds names, they are Ancient Gardens, Sherbet Desert, Spooky Trail, and Lava Pits in that order
-The order you unlock the heroes in is, Mario, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Luigi, Luigi, Rabbid Mario, Peach, Rabbid Yoshi, and Yoshi
-We know you get Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Luigi at the beginning, you get Luigi after beating the Pirabbid Plant Mid-Boss, In a earlier trailer, we can see Rabbid Mario is frozen in Ice, meaning you have to melt it, Peach is probably gotten after Sherbet Desert is finished, as we see a cutscene of her, defending herself in the first trailer, Rabbid Yoshi appears attempting to shoot something in a well in Spooky Trails, from an earlier trailer. Which means we don't know where Yoshi comes from, although he probably appears in Spooky trails too
-Did I mention I need this in my life

Also poster, with spoilers

[User Posted Image]
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#85 Posted: 19:52:50 23/08/2017
The game's getting a Season Pass, which will include new weapons, multiplayer arenas, single player challenges and story content. Some weapons will be available at release only for Season Pass buyers.
---
Bruh
#86 Posted: 16:50:54 28/08/2017
Sorry for the double post, but here's the game's Metacritic link.
---
Bruh
#87 Posted: 16:52:44 28/08/2017
I do hope the game sells well and convinces Ubisoft that the Switch is worth their time and energy. I do not think it will sell, however, because of the Rabbids. They are the Minions of video games and have a very active hatedom, from what I've seen. <.<
---
#88 Posted: 17:01:47 28/08/2017
Seems like reviews are all good! Then again, apparently it's XCOM with less bull**** RNG, the lack of challenge must be more than a tradeoff to some fans after missing enough 99% chance attacks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:13 28/08/2017 by Bifrost
#89 Posted: 17:19:40 28/08/2017
Quote: HIR
I do hope the game sells well and convinces Ubisoft that the Switch is worth their time and energy. I do not think it will sell, however, because of the Rabbids. They are the Minions of video games and have a very active hatedom, from what I've seen. <.<

I don't know, I think people already got over it for the sake of enjoying it as a Mario game. It seems like the hate for the characters really lowered down after the game showed it's qualities.

On another note, here's a bunch of new artwork and full details on the Amiibo unlockables.
---
Bruh
#90 Posted: 18:01:28 28/08/2017
Show me good sales numbers, then, whenever sales numbers are available. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my belief on this one.
---
#91 Posted: 00:31:42 29/08/2017
Finally Wario and Waluigi get some love, even if it is just their Rabbid Counterparts

Spoilers for late game
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#92 Posted: 01:40:47 29/08/2017
So when I first saw this game, I thought it was going to be a silly crossover that I'd have no intention of buying.

But oh my God this looks freaking incredible
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#93 Posted: 12:17:06 29/08/2017
The Barrel Blaster has returned! (R. Peach's Amiibo weapon!)
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#94 Posted: 12:33:00 29/08/2017
Currentyly watching someone else play the game

why?

Because of lack of switch until christmas probably
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#95 Posted: 13:09:05 29/08/2017
Oh man, the game doesn't allow you to use just Mario or just Rabbids characters, I can see this turning off some people.
---
#96 Posted: 13:19:27 29/08/2017
Oh man, the game doesn't allow you to use just Mario or just Rabbids characters, I can see this turning off some people.

Balance reasons

Mario+Luigi+Peach would probs make the game too easy
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#97 Posted: 07:08:49 30/08/2017
I've tried to keep my post spoiler free but I'm not sure what is and isn't considered spoilers, so I've just put it in a box below. Read it at your own risk, but it's just my thoughts on the gameplay so far. smilie

Sorry I've been away for a while, but I've come back briefly to say the game is tremendous. Really glad to see the more mischevious side of the Rabbids rather than the ho-hum loudness I've come to expect of them, and I would hope their interactions with their "non-cosplay" counterparts is more frequent. I've just finished the first world's midboss, so I've a long way to go before I begin to doubt Ubisoft just forgetting how to write character interactions.

As for the gameplay, I hate to reduce it down to "X-Com without the BS RNG" but its a tactics game and not much more. What it does well though is the mobility - dashing and "team jumping" are really useful moves, and creating combos with those and pipes makes for a really rewarding experience. On the other hand, the mobility is so crucial that it's easy to flank and be flanked by opponents, to the point where cover doesn't matter a lot of the time.
In between all that though is the exploration. Think SM3D World/NSMBU hub exploration, but amplified in its fun and design by a billion. Lots of collectables and coins to be found, as well as just appreciating how much effort the art team has put into caking the walls with stuff. The puzzle-platforming is simple and effective, and breaks up the tactical gameplay nicely while still keeping you on your toes.

This is an easy recommendation to make for turn-based tactics players, especially those who don't have the patience for luck or stat breakdowns. I wouldn't recommend it purely for Mario though - like Rayman in Raving Rabbids, he's just a vehicle to carry the Rabbids' antics but a necessary character to hold the game and its setting together. I can't see this game working without him. But would it be as spectacular if it was just Mario characters? Replacing Rabbid Luigi/Peach/Yoshi with Wario, Waluigi and DK? It'd be fun, certainly, especially with the characters' conflicting with one another but I doubt it would bring the same bombastic over-the-top feel that the Rabbids do. Where Mario characters are quiet and cheeky at best, the Rabbids are loud and proud and that works quite well.

I look forward to doing a review! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:09:58 30/08/2017 by Johnbonne
#98 Posted: 12:32:31 30/08/2017
Soundtrack is also short but sooo good. Not sure what was up with YK, but it wasn't as good as Kirkhope's usual, in here it seems like he went back to Nuts and Bolts' majestic style.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#99 Posted: 14:18:36 30/08/2017
wait this is actually good?
#100 Posted: 14:38:45 30/08/2017
Soundtrack is also short but sooo good. Not sure what was up with YK, but it wasn't as good as Kirkhope's usual, in here it seems like he went back to Nuts and Bolts' majestic style.

Indeed. I found this to be the case with Yooka-Laylee, in that it was more Nuts 'n' Bolts and he seems to be stuck in that way of making music. Still, I do love the Super Mario 64 nostalgia hit one gets from the lobby, even if I'm not a fan of that game itself. smilie

wait this is actually good?

My experience with turn-based tactics games is limited so I'm not the most qualified to say, but I will say on its own merits the game is *very* fun. I had no doubts that the gameplay itself would be neat, just the idea of Mario and Rabbids crossing over.... for some reason.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:40:36 30/08/2017 by Johnbonne
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me