darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > SKYLANDERS MASTER THEORY (*Spoilers!*)
Page 1 of 1
SKYLANDERS MASTER THEORY (*Spoilers!*)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 00:35:53 22/05/2017 | Topic Creator
This is it, guys. My ultimate theory. As you know, I have been making them for a while, but after watching the LIM gameplay, I've made my best one yet. Here it is:

WARNING: Below theory packs a lot of spoilers regarding Lost Imaginite Mines.

Blobbers is a bad guy and was going to back stab the Skylanders, but got foiled by the defense systems and covered it up afterwards
Think about it, Blobbers has been through a lot in the past, being abandoned by his friends, forgotten and neglected by just about everyone. Is it really that far fetched to believe that this could have made him turn to the side of evil? It's happened many times in just about everything - hurting souls becoming corrupted due to an unfortunate life. Take Micheal Myers from Halloween for an example. And when Blobbers goes on that rant about how he is going to change Skylands, he honestly looks and sounds evil, with that menacing or at least mischievous grin. And think about the course of the level. It honestly seems to be a plan formed by Blobbers in order to get the crystal - he used the Skylanders to get past the defense systems because he knew he couldn't do it himself. No one would really expect him to be evil because he's Blobbers - bumbling and innocent, or at least he acts like it. And consider what happened after he was rejected by the defense mechanisms - he seemed all embarrassed and then acted all innocent again. I believe that because his plan failed, he went back to his friendly act to cover it up as nothing more than a minor incident of him "getting to carried away." And the fact that Blobbers had knowledge of the mines and wanted to go there is more startling. He researched it to learn more about it and then decided to go there in order to carry out his scheme to get his revenge. And since when was Blobbers around? I think he appeared once in the actually Imaginators story, and he only said one or two sentences before running away. Besides that, he up and appears out of nowhere, suddenly seemingly desperate to get into the mines. Doesn't that seem odd to anyone? And this part may sound stupid, but think about those ambush sequences in the MAP. He's randomly there to congratulate you once you win. I mean, where did he come from? Could he have been watching the Skylanders, seeing if they were capable of helping him get into the mines? I personally believe so. Additionally, consider how when he's guiding you through the mines, he knows how things work, such as the magnets and such. It seems like he understands it all and has seen it before. Maybe he'd tried to break into the mines before by himself, so that's why he seems to know what to do in a situation that should be completely alien to him? It's a possibility.

Based on this info, I believe Blobbers is more than just a silly mabu - he's a secret villain plotting for the right time to reveal his true intentions.

I'll probably add more to this if I get more evidence.

So what do you think of this theory? Yes, no? Let me know. It's really important for me to get some feedback and I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Added some new evidence.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:13:55 23/05/2017 by Chompy-King257
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 00:43:08 22/05/2017
The devs implied Mab Lobs is Blobbers,
so I might say that's deconfirmed before it even starts, as you can't be a villain in both sides of the Mirror of Mystery unless you're traveling between them.

Clobbers in CTT also says Blobbers is just plain prone to screwing up, as have all the books and whatnot.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:35 22/05/2017 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3 Posted: 00:48:28 22/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
The devs implied Mab Lobs is Blobbers,
so I might say that's deconfirmed before it even starts, as you can't be a villain in both sides of the Mirror of Mystery unless you're traveling between them.

Clobbers in CTT also says Blobbers is just plain prone to screwing up, as have all the books and whatnot.

But that second point is part of the theory - he puts on an act. He may appear to be kind and friendly, but that's just how he pretends to be and how he acts around others. And another part of the theory is that he was corrupted due to everything that happened to him. He could have been nice beforehand, but then became evil later.

As for the Mab Lobs, it's not confirmed, just implied. Also, even if that is the case, Blobbers supposedly acts nice but is supposedly evil. So the opposite would be that he acts evil but is low key not a bad guy. And if you trap him and reform him, that's easily believable.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#4 Posted: 00:25:44 23/05/2017
You either live long enough to become the villain or die a hero. But in Blobbers case we'll say die a bumbling idiot.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 00:46:34 23/05/2017
I was joking on the general discussion thread, but here's another proposal - what if Rift into Overdrive's events screwed him up?

Because the Skylanders are in such a rush, on his perspective, as soon as he takes them to the Stone Heads, they die. As soon as he arrives in the Academy, it's getting attacked and everyone on the ship he's in is kidnapped iirc, including him. He FINALLY gets rescued along with the other Mabu in Rift to Skylands, and the world is already in an apocalyptic state.
Unless someone actually went to him to explain everything, his bad decisions almost killed everyone. He might be babbling nonsense because he MUST make up for all of these things even if they were never his fault.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:22 23/05/2017 by Bifrost
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#6 Posted: 01:08:35 23/05/2017
Wait, If Mab Lobs is blobbers,

Then he would be good in the Mirror of Mystery

Although that theory might be what Mab Lobs means when he says "You don't want me you want the other guy." When being captured
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 01:38:47 23/05/2017
oh man i could do something like this

but 10/10
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me