Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
The legend of Orion (accepting) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2201 Posted: 20:52:34 09/07/2018
Latnok, rather uncharacteristically, was silent for a while, as if processing what he was told, and thinking of what to say. When he next spoke, his voice, rather than hateful, was calm and thoughtful. "This world we live in isn't black and white," he said. "As long as people have free will, there will always be disagreements. But where do we draw the line? We have simply drawn the line on protecting humanity, and allies of humanity. As much as I wish everyone could get along, that is a pipe dream.
"So what do we do? We protect our own. Even that is a gargantuan task - much like many sapient races, there is constant infighting among humans, that the Ardent Guardians can only powerlessly watch except in the most dire of circumstances." He stopped to look back at Sere, but Sere was still obviously distracted, so he continued.
"And that is where Godfather Sere and his rather... 'revolutionary' ideas come into play," he said, evidently not quite satisfied with them despite his compliance. "He believes that there is too much fighting, that we may eventually be able to bring it to an end, or at least drastically reduce it. Me? I don't believe that for a second. Evil will never die. Even if it somehow did, there would always be that gray area. But he has been alive for a lot longer than I have, and has much more experience, so I trust he has some reason to think that.
"I wish there were some fairy tale solution. But there isn't, as long as we have free will. And that may be a hard bark to chew on, but it is the truth. Unless you have any better ideas that work for everyone involved?" he asked, not expecting Angora to answer.

OOC: Veris character sheet coming when I get off work (so I'll start making it in about 40 minutes.)
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2202 Posted: 21:17:15 09/07/2018
Angora paced around, not very convinced by his lecture. Latnok only further confirmed that it was humanity and himself the ones he cared for the most.
"I rest my case. You don't care about other creatures, just you and your own kind. I know you're right when you say there will always be evil and that there will be always disagreements, but that doesn't mean you have to be so callous and cruel to those who are so different from you. Look at me, a troll with a ridiculous condition, but probably the first one you meet that isn't a murderous beast like you claim. And yet, you still insist on belittling and insulting me every chance you get as if I am just a puny monster or one of your disgraceful human children. Even that one time I tried to make peace with you, you simply continued being the insufferable jerk you've always been, cause you think you're superior to me and everyone else. There's no such thing as an equal creature to you, is there? Those who are not humans are either slaves or plagues, aren't they?" Angora said with eerie calmness, giving a lecture herself. She already had a very negative view of humanity thanks to Latnok and Sere, and she doubted anything could make her change her opinion.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2203 Posted: 21:44:12 09/07/2018
"You want to be treated as an equal? Very well, then," Latnok said. "I will treat you just like I would any untested trainee, and tell you the exact same thing I tell every single one of them before I put them through the wringer.
"You will have my respect when you earn it by proving yourself physically and mentally capable of meeting the challenges ahead, and not a moment before. I will offer you my assistance as needed, but I cannot put my faith in you until you prove yourself to be a reliable and trustworthy ally, one I would be glad to have - both on and off the battlefield."
Latnok paused for effect after finishing it. "Do you think you're capable of meeting the same criteria for respect as any Guardian?" It wasn't perfectly fair - unlike Angora, the dragons in the group naturally had some of Latnok's respect, as they did for most Guardians. Star was an outlier, being a creature that Latnok had grown to like, not as an ally, but as a... friend? Maybe not quite yet, but he was something close. That only left Angora and Dex.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2204 Posted: 22:30:43 09/07/2018
OOC: Since Veris is a full-fledged character, figured he deserved a sheet.

Name: Veris
Species: Wyvern
Good or evil: Good (if incidentally)
Appearance: Veris is a relatively large wyvern, with long fangs, wide, thick wings, and a mix of dark blue and black scales. His color is a result of directed breeding, as it makes him much harder to see when flying at night. At the end of his tail is a thick calcification, which allows him to strike at targets with blunt force.
Personality: Bred for aggression, Veris is hostile to most other species, especially mountain dwellers - his aggression towards humans was rooted out via rigorous discipline. Though wary of strangers, Veris can identify those who have been kind to him, and responds accordingly. He is highly gluttonous, a vestige of his wyvern nature, when wyverns weren't sure when they would have the next opportunity to feed. He can understand most things said to him, even if he does not know how to respond appropriately. Generally, he is happy as long as he has food and water, and the opportunity to expend pent-up energy.
Weapons: His main weapons are his claws, fangs, and tail, though whoever is riding him typically supplements that with their own weaponry or magic.
Elements: None
History: Veris is considered a highly successful case of a perfectly bred wyvern. He possesses very desirable qualities in spades - size, physical strength, stamina, coloration, intelligence, trainability. It is for this reason that he was selected to be the Godfather's mount.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:31:37 09/07/2018 by A Guy
#2205 Posted: 22:45:23 09/07/2018
Angora coldly refused his offer, getting increasingly annoyed. She should've expected an answer like that from him.
"A trustworthy ally? Are you serious? If I was the untrustworthy, murderous monster you think I am, I would've stood as low as trying to kill you in your sleep. But not in a single moment have I even tried to battle you or even kill you! It is always you who wants to make the first step. This stupid fight won't be a trust excercise! This is a simple battle, cause you've wanted to fight me ever since you met me... for the mere fact of being a troll! Everything is violence to you! Even after knowing I have a chance in saving the world, you were always out to get me!" Angora rebuffed, sick and tired of having Latnok always trying to find an excuse to do battle with her.

"If that's what it takes to earn your respect, then I want no part of it! Who needs your respect anyway when you've made it clear you're never going to change your biased ideals? Besides, I'm already have Orion for training. I need no one else, especially not you." Angora finished, unwilling to allow Latnok have his way. She wasn't afraid of losing to him or even killing him, since he has demonstrated he could do that by himself. She simply found it absurd to prove herself trough violence.
---
#2206 Posted: 22:53:27 09/07/2018
"Just like any of my trainees, I do not ask you to fight me," Latnok said. "I simply ask that you prove yourself capable, which you have not done sufficiently anyway. Why must you always assume the worst? You hate me for being biased, and treating you based on how you act, yet you want a license to do the same?
"The fact is, you cannot complain about me not respecting you if you have given me every single reason not to. Until you do, that is how it will remain. My respect is earned, not given freely."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:46 09/07/2018 by A Guy
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2207 Posted: 22:54:58 09/07/2018
Dex was again annoyed be the conversation again, but this time it was enough to make him stand up and join in " So you are what you are saying is that you respect only those that are meeting your standars? Thats Why I think the consept of respect is useless. To you somebody dying a heroes death is a great and noble, to me they are just about the biggest idiots. Who is right? Your answer is clear because of your principels. To me the answer is dead one is dead, he did something wrong. I have done two mistakes here and I should be dead. What I am saying here is that if you do not understand other ways, you will miss something. That might even get you killed. My way is to understand others and when I do I can use it. There is so many that value something more then their self and all those are easy targets. Out of all those Why would your way of thinking be superior, Why would your standards be those who judge?" Dex said to Latnok suprising himself too, Why did he even care?
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2208 Posted: 23:02:04 09/07/2018
"Simple enough," Latnok replied. "Because my respect is mine to give, so I give it to those who I feel deserve it. I will not respect those who have shown to be unreliable, untrustworthy, or insufferable. To insist that I do otherwise would be pretty unfair to me, especially if it is not being reciprocated."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2209 Posted: 23:07:20 09/07/2018
Angora was about to reply to Latnok when Dex stepped forward and spoke first. She was glad that somebody finally understood at least part of the reasons why she was so indifferent to Latnok. The fact of him not giving her a chance to make peace back then was what angered her the most, and of course, the fact that he seemed to want to do everything through a battle. Latnok is claiming that she merely had to prove herself, but how? He already stated that the only way was through a fight, and Angora refused.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:10 09/07/2018 by Felines
#2210 Posted: 23:16:50 09/07/2018
"I'll tell you what," Latnok said. "You perform one action that makes me glad to have you - and you specifically, not just 'the chosen one' - as an ally, and I will give you my respect for as long as it's reciprocated. Simple enough, yes?" He highly doubted that Angora would be capable of doing any such a thing, hence why he didn't even care about what he essentially put on the line. "But I won't give you my respect any more quickly than I would any other Guardian, especially considering that you seem to want to give me reasons not to. It can all start with not constantly trying to turn the group against me when we're all in this together," he said, referring to the latest talk with Shade.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2211 Posted: 23:31:12 09/07/2018
Angora didn't want to play whatever game Latnok was planning, but she was quite bored, and looking at Star, he seemed way too focused on the device anyway, so she accepted.
"Fine then. What silly little action I wonder. Fire away..." she said, glaring at him indignantly. It was never her intention to bring the group against Latnok. She was merely expressing herself, but if that's the way it seemed, Latnok really had trouble reading intentions. She looked at Dex with a small smile in gratitude, even though she didn't completely agree with what he said earlier.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2212 Posted: 23:39:19 09/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"Godfather....come forward please. I must know....did you ever acquire any of my kind in the past? Any information would greatly help." Shade said.
---
SC
#2213 Posted: 23:40:11 09/07/2018
"That's the thing. I don't have anything in particular planned," Latnok said. "I don't have any dumb games to play with you - those are reserved for my trainees. Just prove it like any of the others here by working with me and making me glad to have you along." He fully expected Angora to be dumbfounded in confusion. He took a quick look around, then noting Veris, had inspiration. "For example, you can find some food for Veris tomorrow and feed him," he said, completely unaware of Angora's feeding of Veris up until then and expecting her to balk at the proposal.

"I'm afraid... that is not something I may reveal too many details about right now," Sere said. "Perhaps when this is all said and done, it might be more appropriate. Not now, though."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:22 09/07/2018 by A Guy
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2214 Posted: 23:42:33 09/07/2018
Dex Simply went back to his place. Latnoks answer was totally missing the point he was making, but he did not want to get any more involved
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2215 Posted: 00:01:43 10/07/2018
Quote: A Guy
"That's the thing. I don't have anything in particular planned," Latnok said. "I don't have any dumb games to play with you - those are reserved for my trainees. Just prove it like any of the others here by working with me and making me glad to have you along." He fully expected Angora to be dumbfounded in confusion. He took a quick look around, then noting Veris, had inspiration. "For example, you can find some food for Veris tomorrow and feed him," he said, completely unaware of Angora's feeding of Veris up until then and expecting her to balk at the proposal.

The little troll scratched her head, perplexed by his offer. She rolled her eyes in amusement, smirking at his last statement. Poor guy didn't know she already fed the wyvern... twice in fact, and had already earned his trust and respect. Did he really believed she would refuse for fear of the wyvern? This turn of events promised to be quite fun.
"Is that all? That is too easy! Alright then, I won't get in your way or annoy you any longer, as long as you promise you will stop with the hypocrisy and bigotry! I'll even feed the pet if necessary." Angora said, almost making fun of him with the last comment, but nevertheless accepting his proposition. She won't do it to make him proud or worthy of trust, she just wanted to surprise him and make him realize how much he has underestimated her.
---
#2216 Posted: 00:06:50 10/07/2018
"Just... be careful. He gets into a feeding frenzy sometimes, and you're just the size of a lot of his prey," Latnok said, completely unaware of the impotence of his words. "But a deal is a deal. With others as my witness here, if you uphold your end, I will be accountable to hold up my end." Veris looked up at the mention of food, but identified that it was a more incidental topic and continued his pacing.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2217 Posted: 00:14:24 10/07/2018
Angora looked at Veris with another smirk, correctly deducing that he already knew what the word food meant. Latnok's warning did disturb her a little though, but she didn't want to believe it.
"Size? Then it's no wonder he's so constantly hungry if his ideal prey is something my small size." Angora said, almost taking it as a joke. She then wondered if Latnok was telling her that just to scare her and have a little fun. If Latnok had expected her to be afraid of the humongous wyvern and refusing to feed him, he had another thing coming.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2218 Posted: 00:37:04 10/07/2018
OOC: Thank-you for posting the ref on Veris. I have now updated his image in the Oriondéx (Get it?) to be more of a blueish-black rather just greyscale. smilie

"Sere... Godfather...," Raclaw started to say having absorbed the information given to him but waiting to see how he handled Shade. "You have entrusted me with the truth and have kept me updated. And for that, I am very grateful. I know Shade isn't the most stable and that his situation isn't quite the same of that of my own, but doesn't he deserve that same chance? If you know or have seen anything, it will have gone a great way towards helping his own cause. And his cause is a noble one. He simply wishes to find another of his kind and know that he is not alone in this world. And if you are worried about him growing more unstable upon learning the truth, then I am sure that he will understand. He simply wishes to find some sign that he is not alone in the universe.," Raclaw then said delaying his thoughts on the telepathed information to add to the conversation.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:48:15 10/07/2018 by redwes
#2219 Posted: 00:48:06 10/07/2018
OOC: Please marry me, redwes.

"Okay, then," Latnok said. "I wish you the best of luck in the morning." With that, he went back to work on carving the shaft of a bolt for the ballista.

Sere stood still for a few moments, seemingly lost in thought. Finally, he sat down. "Very well," he said, resignedly. "I will give you the abridged version. In short, we were looking for dragolets for a while. We found no evidence of them being alive. However, there we also several that we knew the existence of, but could not account for. That is, we had no way of knowing they were dead. That is much as I will say on the matter," Sere said, insistently. Just that revelation obviously made him uncomfortable.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:36 10/07/2018 by A Guy
#2220 Posted: 01:01:03 10/07/2018
OOC: Well now, this has gotten more interesting smilie But yeah, thank you for that description. A blue and black wyvern is a really cool combination. They're almost always displayed as green.

With the conversation finally over, Angora sat besides Star again, hoping he had been too distracted to realize she had been arguing with Latnok again and now paying attention to what he was doing in that lapse of time. She looked at Sere, still as distracted as ever, and didn't even bothered asking if he had heard the conversation. Veris was his and not Latnok's after all, and he probably didn't know either that she had been feeding him behind his back, so she wasn't certain how he would react to the fact of somebody else feeding his mount.
---
#2221 Posted: 02:34:54 10/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"What? T-there are more? Can you tell me more?" Shades eyes had the spark of hope in them in turn made the mental links between all of them much easier to contain especially his corruption. "Please I must know.
---
SC
#2222 Posted: 02:57:38 10/07/2018
Angora shook her head in pity, feeling so sorry for Shade in wanting to grasp faith in the humans. But she had nothing else to say, so she left the dragolet to find out by himself the mistake of believing in them. She knew they, or at least Sere, had to know something about dragolet, but she was going to let Shade find out all by himself. She had her own predicament now. She wasn't worried about Veris, it was what she was going to hunt for him. This was an unknown terrain, full of very dangerous creatures that she knew almost nothing about. How could she hunt in those conditions? Although it would be great practice for her, it was still foolish to venture around that without knowing what to expect.

Not wanting this brainstorm to overcome her thinking before the genuine moment, Angora decided to take it easy for now. Star still seemed way too distracted to pay any attention to her, and it seemed like his instructions to her turned into a task for himself. Believing he had nothing else to show her, she finally focused her attention to the restless Veris.
"Hey you beast. You're making me nervous with all that pacing. Bored?" she asked, wanting to talk to the wyvern even if she knew he couldn't understand her.
---
#2223 Posted: 10:47:53 10/07/2018
Latnok felt a great burden on his mind grow lighter, almost enough to make him fall asleep all on his own. He left any furthrr commentary to Sere, however.
"I have told you what I currently know about them," Sere said, remaining somewhat ambiguous. "There are a few that we currently cannot account for. They may be alive. They may be dead. Either way, they would be very, very far from any sort of civilization. Any further attempts to search for them would essentially be a wild goose chase. Unlike Raclaw's situation, I would not even have so much as a shred of information to use as a lead." Sere was content to give only the information he needed to, seeing no need for any more.

Veris let out a loud growl, flaring his wings and motioning his head as if to indicate the entire area around them. He finished the whole display with a snap of his maw.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2224 Posted: 14:54:22 10/07/2018
Since Star still looked too awfully distracted with the device to pay any attention to her, Angora left his side and went closer to the wyvern, trying to make sense of his restless charade game.
"What? You want to play a game?" she asked, and when he snapped his jaws, she was somewhat getting the picture.
"Food? Can't be food. You already ate way too much." she then said, having expected his previous meal to have lasted him until tomorrow. He couldn't be that greedy, could he? Angora was already tasked with feeding him the next day, so he had to be patient. She could see Latnok already fell asleep, so she wanted to leave the surprise for until he was awake. Even though she still had two pieces of meat, those were for her, but maybe one for the wyvern in case she couldn't hunt anything tomorrow. Still, one piece was going to be for her alone, and she wasn't going to starve herself just to feed one gluttonous beast.
---
#2225 Posted: 15:04:40 10/07/2018
Veris shook his head horizontally - a rather unnatural gesture, one he was clearly trained for in order to relay information. Shortly after, upon the next faint shriek of some creature or another in the distance, Veris lunged his head and snapped his maw at the general direction of the sound, violently flapping his wings as if in frustration.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2226 Posted: 15:21:00 10/07/2018
Angora wasn't familiar with the wyvern's gestures, but hearing a sound similar to the creature that attacked Shade earlier, she wondered why Veris would want to venture into danger like that and not wait for the creature to either go away or enter the cave where it could be ambushed by the group. Was Veris trying to protect them?
"What do you want to do you crazy beast? What... do you want me to do?" Angora asked in desperation, having no idea how to calm Veris down. Even though the thought of Veris having strong hunting instincts crossed her mind, she didn't want to believe he would risk himself that much. What could she do? Veris wasn't hers and she didn't know how to command him. Latnok was asleep and Sere still seemed too distracted with his inner thoughts. She didn't know if the rest of the group heard the same sound, but Veris was growing dangerously restless...
---
#2227 Posted: 17:37:03 10/07/2018
Veris didn't respond to Angora directly - rather, he moved toward the entrance of the cave. His gaze stayed fixated on the outside, and he lowered his body, like he would while waiting in ambush for something, the whole time letting out a constant, low growl. He seemed somewhat more relaxed in his movements now - more for the purpose of hunting, though, than for any lessened worry.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2228 Posted: 17:50:18 10/07/2018
Angora hold on to his tail, being very careful in not to be impaled by his spikes. She was rather nervous about climbing him up, but since everyone else was either sleep or distracted with something else, she believed she was the only one paying attention to the uneasy Veris.
"Alright you crazy monster. You're going to tell me now what you waaaaant...." Angora said as she walked on his back to reach his head... when she noticed the position the wyvern assumed. She has travelled far enough and has seen enough animals to know what this position meant. Too many of them used this movement when they were stalking something. Angora finally comprehended what was going on.
"Oh no. No no no. You idiot! Don't endanger us! You don't know what it's out there." Angora begged, pulling his neck, even if it did nothing. She knew the wyvern couldn't understand worlds, but perhaps he could sense her tension and desist this foolish attempt...
---
#2229 Posted: 19:58:37 10/07/2018
Despite Angora's pleading, Veris stood steadfast, not budging or making a sound. Whatever it was, he was determined to get the jump on it. As a faint shadow passed, still Veris remained in place, waiting for whatever enemy may cross the entrance threshold.

"They disappeared without so much as a trace," Sere said. "One lost track? Nothing too big, it happens. We are only human, after all. Every track being lost on the same day? Something we do not know about happened. Whatever the cause, we are clueless," he finished, seemingly frustrated.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2230 Posted: 20:53:11 10/07/2018
Angora was almost tempted to bite him to make him come to his senses, but fearing a hostile reaction, she desisted. She then heard Sere talking. She got off Veris' neck and went to the guardian.
"You there! Sorry for interrupting... whatever the heck you're talking about, but pay attention to your pet! Some owner you are." Angora scolded, knowing Veris wasn't going to listen to her. The wyvern was Sere's responsability, not hers, and it was frustrating the way the two legged dragon was ignoring her.
---
#2231 Posted: 21:10:41 10/07/2018
Sere snapped out of the focus he had on the subject matter at hand, and gave Angora his attention. "Are you saying... that I was wrong to have faith in your ability to keep track of Veris while we addressed an important topic, one that was sparked by your own interest?"
Looming at the wyvern, Sere saw what Veris was up to - guarding the entrance against potential intruders. "I can't fault him, though perhaps we may need a little more nuance in dealing with potential intruders," Sere said. "Veris, at ease," he commanded firmly. Veris immediately dropped his ambush pose and returned to the rest of the group.
"Pet... such a gauche term, don't you think?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2232 Posted: 21:24:33 10/07/2018
The troll pouted and remained silent for a little while before replying.
"Keep track? Me? He's your responsibility!" Angora rebuffed, honestly not remembering when she ever agreed to take care of him. Did she really said that? Or did Sere came to that conclusion after seeing her interest in the wyvern? Or...
"Oh I know. You heard Latnok's proposition, didn't you?" she asked, wondering if Sere misunderstood. She agreed to feed him in the morning. That was it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:27 10/07/2018 by Felines
#2233 Posted: 22:01:41 10/07/2018
"Latnok's proposition? Not too many details," Sere admitted. "What he did tell me telepathically was that he intended to run a little team-buileing exercise, and needed to borrow Veris - he also promised that Veris would be fed as necessary.
"Rather, I assumed that, having been interacting with him at the time, that it would not be too much trouble for you. But do not worry - I probably should have communicated that with you beforehand. I am much more used to working with people who think like I do."
Veris patiently looked on at the two as they talked. "Veris, go to sleep," Sere commanded. As ordered, Veris found a corner of the room, rolled up, and soon dozed off, making a soft rumbling sound.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2234 Posted: 22:21:25 10/07/2018
Angora extended her arms, unable to believe what she was hearing. A simple feeling task became a whole petsitting experience? Did Latnok and Sere set her a trap?
"Hold it! I only agreed to feed Veris once tomorrow! Not take care of him! He only listens to you!" Angora protested, Sere proving her point right now, and unwilling to take care of somebody's pet. As fond and fascinating as she was of Veris, she refused to watch over him when he wasn't her responsibility. She was rather jealous of how easily Sere could command the wyvern, but at the same time she found it disgraceful how such a mighty animal was ordered around so humiliatingly.
---
#2235 Posted: 22:34:51 10/07/2018
Sere nodded in acknowledgement. "Say no more," he said. "Speaking of which, now is a good time to perform his daily inspection."
Sere walked over to the sleeping Veris. With a gaze sweeping from right to left to maximize his attention to detail, he painstakingly went through the wyvern's scales, checking for any abnormalities. He found a bug or parasite or two here and there. Taking care not to disturb Veris, he used a splinter to separate the vermin from him, incinerating each one with a quick flash of light before moving on to the next.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2236 Posted: 23:10:31 10/07/2018
The tiny troll simply stayed on the sidelines, inspecting what Sere was doing. It was both fascinating and disgusting how he even had to remove vermins from the wyvern's scales, as if satisfying his greedy appetite wasn't hard enough.

After a while of just looking, what Sere said earlier was really bothering her.
"So let me get this straight; you expect me to track and take care of Veris when you're too busy?" she asked, having been annoyed when Sere said he had faith in her abilities, and was beginning to think Sere noticed those brief moments where she was paying extra attention to the wyvern.
---
#2237 Posted: 23:31:01 10/07/2018
"Not... you in particular," Sere responded, his distraction being evident in his actions and speech. "You were... simply the one there at the moment. I would ask the same... of the others." A few more moments of searching, and another incinerated bug, qnd Sere gave Angora his full attention once again.
"Sorry, I was just a little busy. Wyvern caretaking can be quite demanding - the pen hands usually handle them back at the base, but riders must also be well-versed in how to meat the wyvern's every need. It certainly doesn't help that this place seems to have quite a few more vermin than usual. Anyway, back to the point. Much like how I would expect that you wouldn't let my ferret drown if I looked away for a few minutes when you were taking a look at it... nevermind. Nothing major, think nothing of it." Sere's voice was calm and sincere - the same statement coming from Latnok would probably reek of sarcasm.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2238 Posted: 23:55:06 10/07/2018
Sere was more easy to talk to than Latnok, but Angora couldn't understand most of what he talked about. Him stammering at the beginning made her suspect he wanted her specifically to take care of the wyvern. Making sure Latnok was asleep, she spoke.
"Well still, you should've consulted me first. I know nothing about wyverns. And just to give you a head start about my little agreement with Latnok, all we talked about is that I should get Veris some breakfast tomorrow, so that just maybe, he can start respecting me, even if it's just a little. I thought he asked your permission first, given that thing is yours. Heh, I bet he expects me to be afraid so he can make fun of me." Angora explained, wanting Sere to understand what his little apprentice was up to.
---
#2239 Posted: 00:12:43 11/07/2018
Sere shook his head, more disappointed than anything else. "That's... that's it?" he said, with a small chuckle afterwards. "Maybe all that mental strain he's under has made him go soft. Or maybe he has absolutely no faith in you. Either way, I'd recommend you take advantage of the opportunity, provided you're not afraid to present food to Veris." Sere then stopped, his own thoughts interrupting him, as he rested his chin on his fist.
"The main concern, however, would be finding appropriate game. As we know by now, this place is home to some pretty nasty creatures, with unpredictable weather patterns. However - not everything can be an apex predator. There has to be at least one herbivore creature here in plentiful enough numbers for the carnivores to feed on. What that would be in this sort of place? I'm not quite sure. But, failing that, I don't think Veris will be too picky if you win a fight with a carnivore."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2240 Posted: 00:26:59 11/07/2018
With what Sere said, it was enough to struck a nerve on the young troll. She had been expecting him to scold Latnok for sticking Veris' on her when the wyvern wasn't even his, but instead, Sere suggested that she should be stuck with even more tasks, supposedly to impress Latnok. But now she was beginning to think they both tricked her to hand Veris' care to her. She said nothing about it for now though, and went to the current subject.
"Why hunt now? I have a few pieces of meat in my bag that I can give him, but what's the point? Latnok's asleep right now. He won't see I'm not afraid of the silly wyvern." Angora said, wanting to show off in front of him in particular. She wasn't even wearing her armor to further prove she was willing to do it, even after Latnok warned her that for her size, she could get caught in the wyvern's feeding frenzy. Most likely lies to make her even more afraid. She already fed Veris twice and got dangerously close to him when he was eating the flying monster's corpse, without suffering any harm, so she was convinced the human simply said that to force fear into her.
---
#2241 Posted: 00:50:19 11/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"Sere I'm sorry to interrupt but regarding my kind. Would you help me find more of my kind? I must truly find them not just by rumors and whispers." Shade said.
---
SC
#2242 Posted: 00:51:53 11/07/2018
"Is that so? Then perhaps... well, it could get Veris fed the next morning, at least, but we will have to throw more food at him eventually." Sere took a quick glance at the sleeping Latnok, who didn't even get into a typical resting position, instead falling asleep haphazardly lying against a wall. "Not quite sure how much Latnok would care for that, though.
"Listen here. Me? As long as you aren't actively trying to sabotage us, I'm not too worried. Maybe you might be a little naive, but we all have flaws. Latnok and I are at different stations, though. I lead the Ardent Guardians. Latnok was - and will be again, when this is all done - a training supervisor. I give orders, and I am naturally obeyed and respected. What he sees from you, however? Not only are you a troll - a sapient species we have never had pleasant dealings with - but you are also, to him, an untested ally that he has to rely on - much more frustrating than any trainee, because at least with them, you will not be in a position where you have to rely on them until they are properly trained.
"He - from first-hand experience, no less - knows the consequences of a lack of discipline, and his experiences with you have said to him that he cannot rely on you. Will he work with you? As long as I'm telling him to and he knows the importance of the job, yes. But if you ever want him to change the way he addresses you, you have to show him that you are willing to act to be deserving of his respect.
"Whether or not you choose to do so is not my concern, and I won't hold it against you - you have every reason to think of us as despicable abominations, as our ideals contradict what you stand for. But keep that in mind."
Interrupted by Shade's request, Sere turned to address him, remaining somewhat calm despite his frustration on the matter. "I wish that we even had so much as rumors. However, the most I could point you to is the very general area the last ones were seen in. It is by pure dumb luck that you were even found, and it might have something to do with the corruptive factor in you, though I can't say for sure."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:06 11/07/2018 by A Guy
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#2243 Posted: 01:25:41 11/07/2018
OOC: Oh dear Arceus. SUMMARY! STAT!
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#2244 Posted: 01:33:00 11/07/2018
OOC: As far as plot-important details, after Shade notes that he couldn't find any more of his kind and believed he was the last one, Sere noted that the Guardians were tracking some, but all of the tracks simultaneously went cold and they have absolutely no idea what happened to the ones they were tracking. The knowledge gave Shade a lot of hope, which significantly reduced the influence the corruption was having on those connected to him. The relief from the mental strain was enough to quickly cause Latnok to fall asleep. Besides that, Latnok challenged Angora to feed Veris the next morning, and Angora and Sere are discussing both the reasoning and the means.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2245 Posted: 01:36:52 11/07/2018
OOC: Okay. Sounds like Star and Darkheart have a bit less dark to deal with. Star, however, finds ideals unrealistic, while Darkheart is just moody and dark. Star is expecting things to go south any moment now, since peaceful comfort never lasts long for him. He's such a pessimistic moody kid.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2246 Posted: 01:41:41 11/07/2018
OOC: I'll post soon, but Felines/Angora is waiting on a response related to the Pokédex. smilie
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:16 11/07/2018 by redwes
#2247 Posted: 01:49:47 11/07/2018
OOC: Oh, right. Look, it's been what, five days since I've been on a computer, okay?
Star glanced through the functions, ran a few final tests then handed it to Angora, looking a bit moodier than before. Here. It's complete. Digi's finished, the other stuff is done."
Digi tried to scan Shade. In a somewhat frustrated tone, his somewhat mechanical voice noted "Unknown species. Cannot identify." Star facepawed.
Darkheart looked mildly amused by the Zorua's reaction. "Of course it has no info on Dragolets! Shade's the first one you've met, isn't he?"
Star grumbled incomprehensibly. Digi intoned "Checking history of habits -BZZZTTTT! ERROR! NO CONSISTENT BEHAVIOR KNOWN! RESETTING DATA AND RECORDING." While it wasn't loud, it was even more mechanical.
---
#2248 Posted: 01:56:19 11/07/2018
OOC: Since you were taking long, I assumed Star was paying more attention in fixing the device than teaching her, so she found conversation with Latnok and Sere.

Realizing that she interrupted Shade's delicate conversation with Sere, Angora stepped aside to let him speak, but after Sere was done replying to the dragolet, she spoke again.
"With apologies to Shade for interrupting, are you saying that I should do something extraordinary to convince Latnok? It's not like it's my fault being born a troll. Clearly being chosen for this deadly mission wasn't enough for him. But... if facing and taking care of such deadly animal is enough to somewhat convince him, then so be it. I'll take care of your beast for a while if that's what it takes. But just so you know, he put me to this task to make me look like a fool. He thinks I won't be bold enough to do this." Angora expressed, wanting to prove Latnok wrong. She already established a little friendship with Veris, so she was certain she could do this.
---
#2249 Posted: 02:01:04 11/07/2018
OOC: Did Angora hear Digi?
Darkheart grinned at Angora. "THAT'S the spirit."
Star rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well, I really need to get some of the Skymetals so I can... OH!" He remembered the rock he found in the forest. Taking it out, he examined the perfectly spherical stone, before displaying his usual wicked grin.
---
#2250 Posted: 02:03:36 11/07/2018
"The choice is yours," Sere said. "Like I said, I won't hold it against you if you choose not to. It's not a requirement for the mission. However, if you intend for him to treat you any differently, then it would probably be the best option. Whether it's worth it is up to you; after all, he, Veris, and I will go back home, while you go back to doing... whatever you were doing before, I'd presume."
The odd device in Star's possession did not escape Sere's notice; however, it was not his main concern at the moment. Sere subconsciously reached for Grimbane. Unlike previously, however, in this land it only oscillated colors when he was gripping it and it was drawing directly on him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me