Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 25 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50
The legend of Orion (accepting) [CLOSED]
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1201 Posted: 16:28:52 17/04/2018
Ooc: Still here, but I do not see any good moments to get back in the talk right now. I guess I will wait, but Dex will be in the group just not saying anything for now.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1202 Posted: 03:35:48 18/04/2018 | Topic Creator
When the group left the life tree the branch Shade had touched began to turn black and die. The blackness began to spread through the tree.
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1203 Posted: 06:58:01 18/04/2018
Raclaw made a mental note of the new commands and gave a nod-- indicating that he was ready. He was glad to have had the conversation in private, knowing very much how a certain member of the party would have taken it. Still, he prepared himself for the troll asking questions and how he would respond. He still wanted to make up for his previous 'behavior' even if Angora had ridden him without permission. All she had to do was ask and, given his human-tamed personality, he would've likely obliged. It also wouldn't hurt if Angora would just relax a little bit. He also felt at least partly responsible for the trolls wellbeing and would hate to see her do something she regretted. Now more then ever.

And while he was sure he would adjust to the power shift that had occurred within him, part of him was weary and hoped that he hadn't given too much information to the Guardians. While his overall opinion on humans was unchanged for the most part-- these humans were the ones who had created the collar that was now effectively sealed around his neck albeit by his choice *and* altered his destiny. Only time would tell how they proved themselves-- and if his decisions would ultimately backfire on him.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 12:20:34 18/04/2018 by redwes
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1204 Posted: 15:10:50 18/04/2018
At this moment, after performing an Ascension ritual, Sere was meditating in the garden, deep in thought about various movements of Guardians throughout their main areas of influence. It wasn't until the darkness had spread past the branch that he finally felt something unusual about the garden. As he turned, he witnessed a horrific sight - the Tree of Vitality was beginning to wither and die, seemingly originating from the branch Shade had touched. Unwilling to take any chances, Sere immediately unsheathed Grimbane. Without approaching the tree, he swung - and the tree's own shadow rose up and cut it down as far as the wilting had spread. So... that is what this dragon was after...

Back at the armory, a throng of armed Guardians, weapons at the ready, stormed in, with obviously hostile intentions. Though there were Hunters among them, none suted Latnok - an indication that they we're currently in a combat mindset, as salutes we're not given in combat situations. "What the hell is the problem here?!" demanded Latnok, as confused as everyone else in the situation probably was. "These are allies of the Galaxy Dragon, and are here on orders of Godfather Sere. Put down your weapons."
"By order of Godfather Sere," answered the Executioner in charge of the group, "we are to apprehend the one known as Shade. He is being accused of attempting to destroy the Tree of Vitality. Godfather Sere noted its wilting in the place that he touched it, and had to cut down a significant portion of the tree. Even now, we do not know how it is faring."
"Halt for just a moment, please," requested Latnok, turning towards Orion. "Do you mind explaining why this is happening? Didn't you say we should heal Shade? A very serious accusation is being levied. An attack on the tree is considered an attack on us as a whole." Gods, we haven't even left yet... why couldn't he have waited before doing this?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1205 Posted: 22:17:09 18/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"I did remove the corruption from Shade. It must of followed us somehow." Orion said.

Shade backed away in fear. "N-no."
---
SC
#1206 Posted: 23:33:26 18/04/2018
"Shade...," Raclaw said soon noticing the presence of the corruption and the dragonoid himself. "If this corruption is anything like the one I've briefly experienced on the way here-- it can and will assume other living beings. And while I was able to somewhat resist it... it was able to follow the telepathic link I share with the artifact. And from there, it was able use its functions to further re-enforce its will. If this tree and your Guardians share any such connections, then you are all in grave danger if the corruption spreads. Furthermore, anything or anyone that shares any such connections to you are in equal danger.," he then warned recalling his own experience with the corruption and hoping that the Guardians hadn't formed some sort of permanent connection to his collar-- and thus himself. As he spoke, he inferred to it in a way that didn't directly make the connection obvious.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:37 18/04/2018 by redwes
#1207 Posted: 23:36:00 18/04/2018
"There must be some misunderstanding," Latnok said. "Anyway, you can't harm him in any way. He is a mission-critical asset, for a mission that's probably more important than anything you're currently assigned." The Hunters all still had spears and bows at the ready, the bows being aimed at Shade.
"You think I'm going to let someone who just got back tell me what to do?" replied the other Executioner. This struck a nerve with Latnok - he was once again glad that his helmet hid any emotion.
"Do YOU think I'm going to let someone who just got promoted two weeks ago tell ME what has to be done?" Latnok answered, almost indignantly. "Even with my time out of the Guardians, I still have much, much more time and experience as an Executioner than you." It was typically faux pas to denigrate someone in front of their subordinates, but Latnok decided to make an exception for this situation. "Think you just pick up rank and own the damn place, don't you?"
"I am following orders of Godfather Sere-"
"As am I." Latnok turned his head to address one of the hunters. "Hey you there, Hunter. When there's a conflict in orders given, between two Guardians of the same rank, who do you follow?" Vellune had already left to attend to his other forge duties, leaving Latnok the most senior Guardian in the area.
The Hunter, despite his helmet, had his emotions betrayed by his body language - shifting around, obviously nervous. "The... more senior one, Executioner."
"Good. Now. PUT. DOWN. YOUR WEAPONS."
The rest of the Hunters looked around, apparently a bit confused, before doing so.
"Why do you even care about this thing? Didn't think you for the caring type," the Executioner said sarcastically. "Almost destroying the Tree. Should just be killed, if you ask me."
"Like I said, he is mission-critical. He will stay alive until he poses a clear and definite threat to us. Now let me reach out to Godfather Sere and see if we can get this whole mess sorted out." With that, Latnok crossed his arms and brought his head down, eyes closed in focus.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1208 Posted: 00:31:46 19/04/2018
Angora was keeping her distance, looking as if ready to draw her sword and attack. The tree's corruption hasn't gone unnoticed by her.
"Why are we letting him come? Have you forgotten what he has done?" Angora asked, demonstrating she hasn't entirely forgiven all of Shade's dark deeds and his near conquer of the world.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1209 Posted: 01:04:40 19/04/2018
As Latnok finished reaching out to Sere, he recalled what Raclaw was saying in the meantime. "There is no ingrained connection between us and the tree - the tree, however, is a valuable asset to our base here, keeping us healthy and giving us a large amount of power to draw from. We will have to see how severe the damage is."
At that moment, an illusion of Sere formed. The Guardians saluted appropriately, and he returned the salute. "Friends, I believe we all know what this is about." The illusion faded away temporary, being replaced by an image of the tree - significant portion of it having been cut or burned off. Where there once were many vibrant branches, there were now none. The great trunk was now only barely taller than a human, having been cut or burned in several places. The image persisted for a while, long enough to hopefully allow everyone to take in the gravity of the situation. The illusion of Sere now returned.
"This is what we have had to do in order to limit the spread of corruption to the Tree of Vitality, which had spread from the branch Shade has touched. If we are lucky, the tree will be restored to its full glory in a few weeks... IF we're lucky. Unfortunately, as a result of the engagement everyone has had with Shade, I do not see him as particularly trustworthy, and all indication, considering he snuck into the base, points towards malicious intent. We must find a way to... address the situation." The illusion turned towards Orion, indicating a desire for an answer. "What do you think would be an appropriate response, Galaxy Dragon? We have helped Shade, but he has attempted to destroy what we hold dear. His very existence leaves the threat of him spreading his corruption."
Latnok instinctively grabbed the handle of the axe in his belt - though he had vouched for keeping Shade alive for the moment, he would be forced to act should a command to kill him be given.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1210 Posted: 02:47:00 19/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Humm....do you perhaps have something to keep him under control?" Orion said. "Something to keep him in line."

Shade backed away from them afraid of what they might do to him.
---
SC
#1211 Posted: 02:57:41 19/04/2018
"Funny you mention that..." Latnok responded. "We have just the thing right here." He grabbed the collar he had previously received from Vellune to subdue Darkheart. "As long as this is in place, I will be able to stop him from doing anything rash, or kill him if need be. He will effectively be our prisoner."
"Sounds like a plan," said Sere. "Keeping him alive may allow us to better understand the darkness, anyhow. Guardians, make it so." With that, the illusion raised Grimbane up in the air - a wall of light immediately appeared in Shade's path, and Shade's own shadow, as if a living creature, reached out to suppress him. At the same time, Latnok and the other Guardians moved in on Shade. "Don't make this any harder than it has to be," urged Latnok, "or I won't stop the others from doing whatever they want with you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1212 Posted: 03:01:44 19/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"No! Get away from me!" Shade was shaking in fear. He tryed to get away but he felt he was being held there. "L-let me go!"

"Do not touch him physically. The corruptive power still lies on him. His mind may be free from dark matter but his body still holds the power." Orion said.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:03:55 19/04/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1213 Posted: 06:41:16 19/04/2018
Raclaw watched closely as they attempted to collar the dark dragonoid. "Relax Shade... It's for your good. You'll get used to it and.. and you'll feel better about yourself. Trust me.," he said trying to calm Shade and get him to relax. He projected images of calm scenery into Shade's mind-- attempting to show an image of a slow stream followed by a meadow, followed by Shade himself surrounded by other dragons, and finally those same dragons welcoming him and forgiving him. 'Just relax... Calm yourself...,' he repeated alongside the projections.
---
#1214 Posted: 07:51:44 19/04/2018
Heeding Orion's warning, Latnok, once he was close enough, thrust out his arm and launched the collar telekinetically. The two ends wrapped around to the back of his neck, meeting in place and snapping shut as it tightened.
"You're probably going to feel very lethargic," Latnok said. "At least until you stop resisting. You WILL do what we say, and you WILL play nice, or I will end you with just a word." Wish we didn't have to bother with this creature, but if Sere and Orion want it...
Though he dispelled the light wall, Sere maintained the shadow grip on Shade, to monitor the effects of the collar.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1215 Posted: 07:54:48 19/04/2018
Quote: Felines
Angora was keeping her distance, looking as if ready to draw her sword and attack. The tree's corruption hasn't gone unnoticed by her.
"Why are we letting him come? Have you forgotten what he has done?" Angora asked, demonstrating she hasn't entirely forgiven all of Shade's dark deeds and his near conquer of the world.

Dex walked closer to Angora "Well I am also still here, so I guess this group just can not let go." He said with a frustrated voice to Angora. After seeing the situation with Shade Dex continued " Collars? I am not sure are you trying to save the world or make a pet farm for these humans"
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1216 Posted: 09:46:18 19/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"No! Get this thing off me!" Without realizing it a blue aura started to form around him but as it flared up he felt sharp pain from the collar. "GAH! It hurts!" Shades aura went away and he was struggling to get away.

"Latnok, Raclaw calm the dragolet." Orion said.
---
SC
#1217 Posted: 10:18:42 19/04/2018
OOC: I keep reading this RP as "Legend of Onion" and thinking of an giant talking onion. smilie

Raclaw nodded and focused more of his telepathic energy directly onto Shade's mind. 'Shade-- listen to me. I know you're in pain and I know you don't want this, but this is for your own safety. This is the only way to control the corruption and I promise you... it will get better. All you have to do is bear through this and stop resisting. Please-- let them them help you. Let us help you. We want to help you, but you have to let us. It's for your own sake-- you have to stop resisting., Raclaw spoke directly into the dragolet's mind taking inspiration from their previous attempt with Darkheart. He had hoped to brute force his spirit and get to the real Shade. He then returned to the idea of projecting beauty and trying to ease the journey.

'Relax Shade...... Be at peace...... Calm yourself..... Think beautiful thoughts and let the process happen...... You are at peace...... You are drifting into a better world...... You are flying above a majestic lake...... You are smelling the roses...... Oh look, you are being welcomed..... Join us...... All you have to do is let it happen...... Let it happen and all this can be yours...... You can be yourself...... You can have friends...... You can rejoin society...... All you have to do is let it happen...... All you have to let it go...... Join us...... Let yourself go...... You know you want it...... You know you want the corruption gone..... This...... This is how you do it...... Just let it go......,' Raclaw then spoke while projecting various peaceful images directly into Shade's head. First there was a gently flowing river, then a peaceful koi pond, then a majestic lake, then a field full of spring flowers, then a group of dragonlets calling out, then an orb of darkness turning into light, then a dragonlet falling asleep, then a field of sheep, and so on so forth. He kept his focus on Shade and focused all of his natural energy onto the dragonlet trying not to rely too much on the nearly endless surplus that was the collar.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:43:59 19/04/2018 by redwes
#1218 Posted: 10:43:50 19/04/2018
OOC: I have to say that I'm a huge fan of the plot twist with the Tree of Vitality.

Latnok was not much for calming anyone down, let alone something that was trying to kill him earlier, but nevertheless, he would give it his best attempt. Walking towards the dragolet, weapon put away, he said, in a low voice, "I just need you to calm down. I promise, we won't hurt you if you don't hurt us." Latnok turned towards the other Guardians. "Back off. Lower your weapons." The men did as Latnok commanded.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1219 Posted: 10:55:22 19/04/2018
Quote: cyndego
Quote: Felines

Dex walked closer to Angora "Well I am also still here, so I guess this group just can not let go." He said with a frustrated voice to Angora. After seeing the situation with Shade Dex continued " Collars? I am not sure are you trying to save the world or make a pet farm for these humans"

Angora had been enjoying the spectacle from a distance, though ready to react with violence if Shade attacked anybody. She was rather surprised to see him act as a scared child rather than a cornered wild animal. The scene was soon interrupted when Dex talked to her.
"You?" she said, remembering that he tried to betray them earlier when Shade was still evil.
"That's a joke. I'm not helping this bozo, or any human at all. I'm saving the world so that I can still roam in it and kill whoever wants to make my life miserable." she said with a glare, showing how unforgiving she actually was. She left behind that she was also doing this cause Eo continued Lester her to do so, and since he was stuck in her armor, which was stuck on her body, she felt as if she didn't have a choice.
---
#1220 Posted: 21:26:32 19/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"G-get out of my head!" He shook his head trying hard to resist but eventually submitted to the images Raclaw was sending him. He started to calm down and eventually collapsed to the ground mentally and physically exhausted.
---
SC
#1221 Posted: 22:26:49 19/04/2018
"I'm sorry-- it had to be done.," Raclaw said easing and then ceasing his telepathic projections. If it wasn't for his own collar, it would've taken everything he had. And now, for better or worse, Shade's fate was sealed as now two members of their disjointed party were now collared by the Guardians. He briefly looked down, realizing that he had played a big part in that. Still, it had to be done and at least now the corruption could be contained.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:39 19/04/2018 by redwes
#1222 Posted: 22:31:05 19/04/2018
Latnok, stepping right in front of the subdued dragolet, squatted down to meet him at eye level. "Okay, now," he said, as non-threateningly as possible. "You'll be fine. We just need your cooperation." There are some ground rules we will have to lay, though...
In a slightly more assertive tone, he warned, "If you try to attack any of us, I will have the collar paralyze you until I free you. If you stray too far from me, the collar will paralyze you until I let you go. In the event of my premature death, the collar will kill you, and that is a stipulation which will remain until you earn more of our trust. So just stay put and don't try to hurt us, and you will be fine, understand? If you need to fight, I will remove the power drain on the collar temporarily. So take it easy."
"So then I take it that you will be in charge of the dragolet?" Sere asked.
"In charge? Not quite sure you can call it that, but I'll at the very least ensure he doesn't kill us in our sleep," Latnok said to Sere.
"Very well. We will begin the process of restoring the Tree of Vitality. It will probably take a few weeks to regrow, but the Adjudicators and I will try to keep things running smoothly. Complete the mission, and make sure to bring back as many of the group as possible."
"Very well then, Godfather. Will do." Latnok wasn't sure how feasible that would be, and wasn't particularly concerned with the well-being of some of them - though he was taking just a bit of a liking to Raclaw and Star - but he could understand why Sere didn't want any more Guardians involved, and figured that they would need all the help they could get.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1223 Posted: 23:18:49 19/04/2018
"That's all the collar does? That's a little sadistic, don't you think? But of course, what else could be expected from a human?" Angora said, breaking the little silence she went through. She really seemed to enjoy badmouthing Latnok every chance she got.
---
#1224 Posted: 23:32:13 19/04/2018
"The collar does do quite a bit more than that," answered Latnok. "However, until Shade proves himself trustworthy, the restraining functions will be the only thing of our concern." Slowly, he came up, then turned to Angora. "You have quite a bit of disdain for our kind, but you should be using that hate to train rather than just be annoying. Your swordplay, for example. A big creature like a dragolet? Sure, you might hit that. I doubt you could hit me if you even tried, however. Too telegraphed. I can see everything you plan to do." Latnok grabbed his axe, extended his arm to his side, and dropped it. "Why don't you give it a try? You hate me so much - see if you can so much as land one strike on me."
Sere simply gave a hearty laugh. "This should be fun to see!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:10 19/04/2018 by A Guy
#1225 Posted: 23:53:14 19/04/2018
Angora looked at Latnok, and simply looked bored. Was she doing it to tease him, or was she really feeling that way?
"I'm not here to amuse you! You can see everything I plan to do? Now you'r pretending to be a clairvoyant? Heh, wow, just when I thought I had seen and heard everything. I'm not here to fight you. I'm not here to fight anyone. I think we've done enough of that already. I'm just here to complete a silly mission, so that I won't have to see your disgusting, murderous, racist face again." Angora said in a surprisingly calm voice, refusing the axe and giving his back to him to prove her point.
---
#1226 Posted: 00:01:17 20/04/2018
Latnok answered calmly, "Clairvoyant? Hahaha... Make sure you remember what you're here for. You would be wise to not underestimate any opponent - like you underestimate me - and keep a good dose of fear." He didn't feel it necessary to mention that he was a clairvoyant - at least for a second or so into the future. "You, who talk about racism, yet have done nothing but spew nonsense about how much hate you have for humans, rather than show any desire to cooperate with us in the face of a greater danger. We will finish this mission, so I can get back to doing other important things and you can crawl back to whatever hole you came out of, never to show your face again." With that, he gently took his axe back. "You better keep up your training, and be able to put your money where your mouth is - you dying would be a waste of my time."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1227 Posted: 00:18:21 20/04/2018
Angora kept her composure, refusing to let Latnok's harsh words get to her.
"A waste of your time? Sure, cause you're the one wanting to do the kill, am I right? That's all you ever do." Angora said calmly, believing Latnok was simply waiting for this madness to be over to continue slaughtering creatures like her and the rest of the group.
"You know, at first, I only felt indifferent to humans. But meeting you made my view much worse. This is not racism, this is justified hatred. I must say you do know your species. You immediately knew I was a troll, and not just a goblin with a skin anomaly like many confuse me with. Here I am, barely reaching the height of your knee, yet all you want to do is to fight this silly, tiny creature just cause you can't stand all the truth she's throwing at you." Angora added in almost a singsongy voice, still partially turning her back to Latnok. She wanted to let him know beyond a shadow of a doubt just how low she thought of him.
---
#1228 Posted: 00:25:43 20/04/2018
Latnok simply responded, "A troll's words are pretty meaningless - they're not particularly smart creatures. Don't say anything really meaningful - unless they're begging for their lives. Make sure you're prepared - I know all too well what a dying troll sounds like. Not particularly pretty. You don't want to end up like that. Actions are what speak." He figured that, perhaps by goading her, he could get her to take things just a little more seriously than she had been.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1229 Posted: 00:34:18 20/04/2018
Angora raised her ears, now really irritated. Even so, she still managed to bottle up her frustration, knowing now that she made a point.
"There now, you all heard him! You are all my witnesses. This... man, he just said it. Trolls say nothing meaningful, and he just admitted to my face that he has slaughters my kind. Is that not racism, I sure as heck don't know what is! You even refuse to acknowledge that here you are, in the presence of a troll that is polite enough to tolerate your presence." Angora lectured, still angry about what Latnok just said, but at the same time glad that everybody there heard him so that they could have an idea the kind of killer they were dealing with.
---
#1230 Posted: 00:42:36 20/04/2018
"Tolerate? Hardly," Latnok said. "You can't go two minutes without bringing up your hate, despite my best efforts to put our differences aside. Sure, I've killed trolls. Trolls have killed humans. It's what each does to survive. This is the chance we have to cooperate, and you sure as hell won't do it without being dragged kicking and screaming, as if you think the status quo of us killing each other is any better than working with humans for just a bit, until this whole ess is over. Full of yourself, think you're better than us, think you have the moral high ground, but won't even stick your neck out for anyone else except when that armor you're wearing forces you to. Selfish creature. We dedicate our lives to our fellow man - you won't even dedicate a weekend to anything other than your cave or rock or hole or whatever given the chance." As much as Latnok disliked working with the troll, he was willing to do it if Sere believed it was for the better good - a feeling which he felt wasn't being reciprocated. "How about you just shut up and bite the willow instead of complaining? It won't make me go away. If you really hate me so much, train like you want to kill me. Be less talk, more action. Unless, of course, you're fine talking with absolutely nothing to back it up. Then go right on ahead."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1231 Posted: 00:59:28 20/04/2018
Angora simply paced, seemingly pondering everything Latnok has just said. Finally, when it seemed that she would go stone silent again, she spoke.

"So noble... believing that killing creatures as myself for a greater good. But I've seen your kind kill each other for silly things, sometimes for trinket as small as a piece of gold. If your kind can't respect each other's lives, so what hope do the rest of us have? I haven't killed a human in my life, and as you can see, I'm not the mindless monster you believe my species is... and yet... you somewhat desire to see me dead, whether it's by your own hand or not. Just because I'm expressing myself about you and your dastard deeds. Or worse, because I'm a troll. One thing you're right about though... I only care about myself, but have you asked yourself why? I'm in this journey because I'm forced to, yes, not because I believe your life to be worth anything. I care only about myself... because nobody else does. Nobody, not even my own kind, has ever shown any care for me, all because of this infernal genetic anomaly. But of course, why should it matter to you. Nobody has ever showed me any kind of genuine love, so why should I do the same? Why show something that is forbidden to me?" Angora expressed serenely but with a broken voice. Even though she was trying very hard, one careful look and anyone could see she was holding up the tears. She has always been hardcore and cold, so she didn't want to show anything that was deemed weak.
---
#1232 Posted: 01:22:30 20/04/2018
Latnok wanted to say something, but had to pause for a moment. Though he wasn't the best at identifying emotion, the troll's story sounded very similar to his own - outcast by their own kind. Rather than pacing as Angora had, he just stood still for a moment.
"Yes... humans kill each other. But so have others. Dragons have killed each others, trolls have killed each other, griffins have killed each other, whether it be for food, territory, or money. We aren't perfect. I'm not perfect. I was nothing close to perfect when I was born, when I grew up. Rejected. But I didn't blame humanity. People were fine with each other - just not me. So it was obvious that I was the issue. So what did I do? Changed myself. Became something useful to people, someone to protect them. Figured that if I was going to be shunned anyway, might as well make something of it. And what we do? While we're not perfect, we ensure that humans will always have a chance in this world, against other creatures who would seek to use their superior strength or magic against us. We have overcome many things. We have made great strides with magic, despite not innately having magic running through our veins like others such as dragons or elves. We have built great monuments. We have made unlivable areas livable. We have found cures to horrible diseases. Each generation, we pave the way for future generations to be successful. And that is what we are here to ensure. That no matter what struggles we face, we will persevere.
"Now you? You have an opportunity to do something meaningful. To MAKE others respect you. Do you not think that other trolls won't be groveling at your feet once you can claim the title of Great Savior of the Universe? Instead of just letting your hate for everyone and everything sidetrack you, instead of fighting with me, or even the Galaxy Dragon or Neo every step of the way, you should actually try to make a difference." Latnok felt absolutely disgusted having to give this speech to a troll of all things - but, like it or not, she was mission-critical, and her taking the mission seriously - caring about it - was something he felt was essential. He had two goals - complete the mission, and bring everyone back. Everything else was secondary.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1233 Posted: 01:37:47 20/04/2018
Angora once again fell silent, but this one didn't lasted as long as the previous one.
"Do something great in order to have others respect you? Maybe for you, but I won't stop being myself just to get a little recognition." she said in a low but clear voice, stopping right there, seeing no need to enter another speech. One sentence should be enough. If she was about to do something good, it was because she was forced to, not because she wanted to or was looking for recognition or somebody to like her. Whatever Neo saw in her, he was either forcing himself to see it or Angora's virtues were so ridiculously buried within her that it was near impossible for somebody other than him to notice.
---
#1234 Posted: 01:50:15 20/04/2018
"Angora... its not true that no-one cares about you. We all care about you and we want you to succeed. I want you to succeed-- not only for the good of humanity but for yourself. I can tell that you've had a hard life and I know you believe that there is no compassion in the world, but that is not true. And you don't have to stop being yourself for others to see you for what you truly are. You are tough and yet at the same time-- you merely wish to be accepted. And that's a noble goal. For what it's worth, you already have mine and I only wish the best for you.," Raclaw then said walking up to the troll and showing his support. "And.. and you can even ride me if you want.," he then said in a quieter tone giving a nod as if to show his approval.
---
#1235 Posted: 01:56:22 20/04/2018
"Oh don't sermon me you fluffy freak! Stop lying to me, and stop lying to yourself! I think you made it pretty clear that you don't like to be ridden. But of course, who wants an ugly little troll riding them?" Angora rebuffed, showing additionally her extremely low self esteem.
"I tire of this discussion. And don't try to make me feel better. You barely know me." the troll added to Raclaw, declining his offer and preferring to continue this perilous journey on foot.
---
#1236 Posted: 02:18:37 20/04/2018
"You're not ugly and that was never the reason. Honestly-- I've never had anyone ride me and I wasn't used to it, but there is a first time for everything. I may not know you as well as I would want to, but just know that the option is there. All you have to do is ask and you shall receive.," Raclaw replied explaining his reasoning to the troll. If it helped Angora's confidence and it helped the group, then he was willing to do it for as long as he needed to.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:21:29 20/04/2018 by redwes
#1237 Posted: 02:35:31 20/04/2018
Angora looked at him with half closed eyes, and shook her head.
"I'd still rather use my own two feet thank you." Angora said, dropping her rudeness but still denying his offer. Like with Latnok, she simply turned her back to him to avoid eye contact, still unable to forgive him even if his actions back then were somewhat justified. She didn't forgive easily.
---
#1238 Posted: 02:39:45 20/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"We should rest for the night. We aren't going anywhere with the Dragolet in the condition he is in now." Icestorm said.

Shade moved away from the group and curled around himself trying to calm down and rest. He kept a watchful eye on everyone still very scared of them.
---
SC
#1239 Posted: 09:17:20 20/04/2018
Dex decided not to get involveld in the conversation anymore. " Is the other Shade still there? Was he just controlled or is there something more to this?" Dex thought...... "Why do I even care" He again thought

" Well I guess you all are going to have it rough. The group dynamic seems even worse then before, but i am pretty sure that me being here does not help at all." Dex said Walking closer to Latnok, then he turned his face towards Latnok " So If you could tell me how i can go out, I will leave. After that you have one less thing to worry about" Dex said finally looking like his self-confident self again.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1240 Posted: 10:30:59 20/04/2018
Latnok, feeling satisfied with his interaction with the troll, noted the interaction between her and Raclaw. Deciding not to interfere, he instead answered Dex, without even turning to face him, looking at Orion instead. "To get out, you will have to leave the cave network through the very same path you came through. Don't get lost on the way. As for resting, the he same applies to us - we will have to get out of the cave network before we find a suitable resting place for everyone. Shade can't move too far from me, and the heat here means that this won't be a good resting place for many of us."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1241 Posted: 12:36:51 20/04/2018
Angora didn't like the idea of Icestorm being those giving orders, but she was insanely tired and didn't argue. She went to a corner, at a considerable distance from the group, wanting to be alone. She still hated Latnok, and Raclaw dared to speak to her and he pathetic by pretending to want to make her feel better even after the way he had treated her. She said nothing while Dex and Latnok had their little talk, and all she wanted was to get a good night sleep, although she doubted she would be able to do so with a bunch of creatures she didn't trust at all.
---
#1242 Posted: 02:26:25 21/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Orion noded. "Come Shade."

Shade shook his head. "N-no you will only end up hurting me like this collar did."
---
SC
#1243 Posted: 13:12:42 21/04/2018
"Very well then," said Latnok. "Feel free to stay there. The collar will eventually paralyze you when there is too much distance between us, though I'm sure the Guardians here would be glad to keep you company." What is it with everyone here being completely irrational?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1244 Posted: 13:59:57 21/04/2018
Angora lied down in her corner, dozing off instead of sleeping, but her ears were alert. Even though she didn't like how Latnok seemingly felt in complete power having Shade subdued like that, she knew it was better that way. Shade has been after all the one who enslaved her for a while and even tried to kill her many times, not to mention he tortured her through her dreams. That was something she wasn't going to forgive, even if he wasn't himself back then. Nevertheless, she wasn't going to let him be killed just like that, especially by Latnok. It still infuriated her and discussed her how he appeared with the group out of nowhere and wanted to forcefully be the one who had the honor of killing Shade and be daring enough to say to everyone that he would collect the body parts.
---
#1245 Posted: 15:09:24 21/04/2018
During all of this, Latnok continued to maintain constant awareness of his surroundings, and of all of the group members. Noting Angora apparently... sleeping, he telepathed to her "Wake up. We're not sleeping in the armory. We can sleep once we leave the cave network. A lot more hospitable and more space for us, which is something I'm sure you would appreciate, not trusting us and all." Though generally impolite to wake people up via telepathy when avoidable, he wasn't sure how Angora would respond to being woken up physically - not to mention that being polite to someone who already hated him and wouldn't stop having him wasn't something he really cared about.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1246 Posted: 16:22:14 21/04/2018
Angora looked really annoyed at being interrupted in her alone time.
"I'm not sleeping you fool! I was resting! And stop using that stupid mind reader! What's the point of having a throat if you're not going to use your own voice?" Angora said irritant, really hating telepathy. She felt like it was an invasion of privacy.
---
#1247 Posted: 17:40:18 21/04/2018
"Not sleeping... famous last words of every Apprentice on watch," Latnok said. "Just wanted to make sure I was heard. I can't read minds... well, not quite, anyway. You'll get used to telepathy. Now stay up and make sure you're paying attention to our plans, because I don't want to have to explain things to you three times." Latnok would've said "twice", but this was a troll he was dealing with, after all, and a pretty stubborn one at that who didn't seem to care about what others had to say.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1248 Posted: 19:23:50 21/04/2018
Angora got up, but not because she was ordered to, only cause she wanted to say something to his face... or at least his knees. It didn't stop her from looking directly at his eyes though.
"Don't you get tired of being so annoyingly bossy? My eyes may be closed, but my ears aren't! And stop with that idiotic telepathy! You're not mute!" Angora said angrily, having believed she finally had a moment at peace in that corner, and typically, it had to be Latnok who ruined it.
---
#1249 Posted: 20:01:58 21/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade looked around at the other hunters and quickly went over to Rayclaw. He didn't trust anyone yet but he was starting to trust Rayclaw. He tryed to hid behind him.
---
SC
#1250 Posted: 21:56:21 21/04/2018
Latnok, watching the troll waddle up to him to confront him, found the situation to be quite droll, though he didn't give much, if any indication. "You'll have to try a lot harder than that to be intimidating," he said to Angora dismissively, as he began to walk away, more as an indication of his lack of respect for her than of any actual need. "The mission takes priority. Anything short of your own life, including your feelings and personal comfort, is secondary. Self-discipline is something I could train you on, if need be." Using telepathy to make a point, he telepathed "I will speak to you in whatever way I feel accomplishes the mission best. Listen when I speak and I won't have to use telepathy to point things out to you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 25 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me