Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How in the world is something like this donated to Goodwill???
Page 1 of 1
How in the world is something like this donated to Goodwill???
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#1 Posted: 02:41:27 20/05/2017 | Topic Creator
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/a...t-39791556.html

I mean, you could put it up on freaking Craigslist if you were too scared of ebay, and still get a hundred bucks, maybe two hundred. On ebay it'd go even higher. Now, Goodwill is going to make that hundred or two. I mean, good on them (though, I'm a lot less impressed with them after finding out it's completely for-profit, and the dude who owns it is rolling in the dough off of almost zero overhead. Somebody's gotta get rich off of providing special needs people an opportunity to take part in society and only having to pay minimum wage to do it, though, right? But I digress), I just wish I'd been there five seconds after it was donated, and offered the person 20 bucks before anybody in the know noticed what it was.

Still, I'm going to watch it tomorrow evening. It'll GUARANTEED get up to WAY more than I'd be willing to pay, because I won't have the patience to move all of them individually, which I'd have to do to recoup what the final bid will be, but I just want to get the popcorn out for how high it'll go. smilie

(As an aside, anybody here have any leads on a light and dark trap for under $40 apiece?)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#2 Posted: 02:52:22 20/05/2017
Jackpot!

I think I see a dark bunny in there.

Gotta look at that again. Was that an auction or something? A thrift store ebay?
---
Any last wishes?
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#3 Posted: 02:53:38 20/05/2017
Goodwill auction. Let the games begin.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#4 Posted: 03:04:32 20/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: trixster68
Goodwill auction. Let the games begin.

Admittedly, this is one of the reasons I posted it here (I hope it's not against the rules. I can't imagine it would be, since I'm not the one selling it, and I'm definitely not affiliated with Goodwill). I figure anybody on darkspyro is actually an enthusiast, and not JUST an ebay scalper. I'd much rather the lot go to someone who's both, and not just the latter. smilie I can already guarantee it'd go much higher than I'd be willing to pay whether or not I posted this here, so if any of you guys want to make a few dollars reselling the ones you don't need, I'm happy for you.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#5 Posted: 03:15:13 20/05/2017
I say it will go for 97.50
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#6 Posted: 03:21:49 20/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: trixster68
I say it will go for 97.50

If it were that low, I WOULD upbid it. I could keep one dark and one light, and recoup that much just on the rest of the dark and lights, and everything else would be profit. I'm betting it'll be closer to 200 than 100. I hope you're right and I'm wrong, though.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 11:09:28 20/05/2017
Goodwill prices tends to be a bit insane, higher than ebay. I wouldn't doubt $300 to $400 or even $500.
---
Stay Cool!
#8 Posted: 02:49:24 22/05/2017 | Topic Creator
162.01 was the final bid. Interestingly, there were only two bids right at the last second, and the one that lost was the one that made the big jump up from 120, then lost by a dollar. Goodwill internet lurkers were apparently out clubbin'. smilie Hope it was one of you guys that won!
Newguy333 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3244
#9 Posted: 06:35:46 22/05/2017
I was actually bidding on it and I stopped at $120 because I knew that would be too much for my bank, hope that basement dweller gets his package lost and it ends up at my doorstep
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
My Deviantart where I Draw Skylanders Real or My Own, http://joltiklover.deviantart.com/
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 22:12:26 22/05/2017
That seems unnecessarily cruel and judgy for absolutly no reason.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#11 Posted: 22:57:23 22/05/2017
Crazy. I had thought that Gamestop would eventually have sold magic items and we would get them for like a dollar a piece.

I expect to never complete my collection because I'm missing a few traps. ...or maybe I could sell my first born child.
---
Any last wishes?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#12 Posted: 23:21:12 22/05/2017
Quote: Newguy333
I was actually bidding on it and I stopped at $120 because I knew that would be too much for my bank, hope that basement dweller gets his package lost and it ends up at my doorstep

Yeah, how dare someone have the audacity to *gasp* spend more money then you. Surely they are a horrible person and don't deserve the items they paid for, you should get it instead.
---
Dead
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#13 Posted: 17:57:20 23/05/2017
LOL, actually I am the quite horrible person who doesn't deserve anything I buy. But I was the second bidder whom lost and didn't get it.

I should have bid sooner to the end as it would have had me as the winner. My PC was freezing up with the constant refreshing to check the time, so I had panicked and placed a bid at around 20 seconds which was very stupid to do. I should have been around 6 seconds. So the other guy came in soon after me, bid $150 which still had me winning at $151. Then he somehow within two seconds placed a much higher bid over my limit of $161.01. Even if I did have time for another bid, I wouldn't as that was my max limit. Honestly I didn't feel like I had a chance of winning even at $161.01 but I didn't want to not try and then get pissed that I could have had it for $120ish, which would have been such a steal.

It would be nice if they second offer it to me if the other guy turns out to be flake though. I cannot tell if the other bidder is legit or not as there is no feedback system or anything to show payment. I still suspect that a lot of people bid but never pay on these things. It's why I never do auctions myself as there are just too many deadbeats.
---
Stay Cool!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#14 Posted: 05:34:49 24/05/2017
I bid just a little over $50. ;)

I don't need it and didn't really want it, but if it went that cheap, I would have kicked myself. ;)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me