Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Concepts you want to see in future games?
Page 1 of 1
Concepts you want to see in future games?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 20:13:14 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Are there any concepts that you think could work in a future Skylanders game/level? If so, please share.

For me, I'd love to see the concept of alternate realities of Skylands. It was touched upon with the Mini Dimension (where the minis come from), as well as the Mirror of Mystery. I'd like to see more, at least some more exploration and lore for the two I mentioned previously. Maybe one of Kaos' evil schemes could involve him creating a Council of Kaos (Kaoses? Kaosi?), featuring all different version of him from different realities, such as Mini Kaos from the Mini Dimension and some new ones like Pirate Kaos, Skeleton Kaos and others. It's an idea.

So now you guys go ahead.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:20 17/05/2017 by Chompy-King257
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#2 Posted: 22:50:41 17/05/2017
Some type of special orb you can attach to the Skylander to give it buffs, elements, etc.

As for levels, switch back and forth between future and past is pretty cool. I don't believe it's done before, unless you count the Spell Punk Library.
---
Soon.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 23:04:19 17/05/2017
1:Skyanders and can make their own armies to fight hoards of enemies
2:Skylanders that can travel outside the game and protect the portal of power
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 00:50:02 18/05/2017
  • Bigger upgrade system. An actual full upgrade tree, maybe.
  • Bigger level cap.
  • Toys become optional, giving something special or being used for a additional mode, like Amiibo.
---
Bruh
Jedi_Kunle Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#5 Posted: 23:22:10 19/05/2017
A bank that Skylanders can deposit extra money so other figures can withdraw and use to upgrade.
#6 Posted: 23:48:02 19/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jedi_Kunle
A bank that Skylanders can deposit extra money so other figures can withdraw and use to upgrade.

YES
PLEASE
---
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#7 Posted: 17:36:05 20/05/2017
make the worlds open world and the fact that you can move the camera

sell adventure pieces separately

release chompy mage already

new characters and mechs

make the platforming and fighting really really good

and malefor

oh, and sonic the hedgehog
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#8 Posted: 05:29:43 30/05/2017
Dungeon creation. It doesn't have to be super robust, it would be nice for something new after the game is done.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#9 Posted: 09:37:37 30/05/2017
Stat currency. Earn points too boost thestat of your choice. No silly hats, no heroic challenge grinds. Plus 20 points for completion missions, challenges. Make them more rounded, or put it all in armor, etc.
---
Any last wishes?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#10 Posted: 01:22:05 31/05/2017
Playable Emojis
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#11 Posted: 23:45:10 19/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Giving this a minor bump to add more ideas.

* Kaos' Dad (and brothers).
* More of those evil Skylander clones from SA and SG.
* Aliens invaders from outside of Skylands.
* More characters that can transform into beasts like Pop Fizz and Hammer Slam Bowser.
* Bring back Trap Team villains as bosses in future games.
* Malefor.
* Zombies.
* Bank for Skylanders to deposit excess gold and so it can be used for other Skylanders that actually need it.
* Things like Swap Zones, but pertaining to a certain type of Skylander. For example, flying zones for dragon Skylanders.
* More exploration. Open-world or even just really large levels would be ideal.

May add more later.
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#12 Posted: 12:26:30 29/06/2017
Is there, or has there ever been a transmogrification mechanic in game? I'd like it for Imaginators where stats and gear are tied together, a design choice I'm not overly pleased with. There's some really cool sets and armour pieces in this game but in order to wear them I'd have to dramatically reduce/change my character's stats in many instances. What I would like to see is the option to change the appearance of wearable items (hats and Imaginator getup), while keeping the stats of the original item I'm actually wearing. You would of course have to own the item you want to turn it into so that you've got something else to play for, and it would make use of the excess gold you'll inevitably accumulate. That would also support the idea of a game-wide bank rather than a character-bound one, something other users have suggested here.

Another thing I'd like to see is the elements being more, well, like elements. I've just been playing SSA to record it for a review and found out how useful Gill Grunt is as a Starter Pack character. Not just because he himself is awesome but being of the Water element, he can swim. This isn't just a minor convenience, it's a big part of the gameplay to get several story scrolls, treasures and soul gems.... and it's the best minor feature in the game! What I'd suggest then is having Earth Skylanders be able to burrow under thick walls and come out the other side (ooh Matron); Fire Skylanders could burn down barriers or walk through fiery surfaces; Life Skylanders could swing on vines or breathe in toxic fumes that would damage others, and so on. Currently the element means very little other than a bonus or which elemental gate you can go through, but swimming added so much more freedom that it puts the other elements to shame.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:59:17 02/07/2017 by Johnbonne
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#13 Posted: 08:39:36 03/07/2017
Quote: Drawdler
^ Fire could walk on lava in SA too. But it was only used for some gates IIRC.

I've not yet got a Fire element Skylanders for SA so I wouldn't know, but so long as *only* fire can walk on it that'd be great. Or only undead Skylanders can walk through spoop without having skellingtons grab them and slow them down.

Another suggestion I'd make is to give characters with flight abilities something to do - there were many times I thought if I could press that button as Spyro or Cynder, I'd be able to hover over a small chasm but alas, I couldn't. Unless I'm wrong about that too, which I certainly hope I am.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me