First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
*RUMOR* Lightcore Senseis leak [CLOSED]
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#101 Posted: 07:34:02 08/05/2017
So far we know only 2 new characters so far?
Not counting the lightcores/ series 2
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#102 Posted: 07:59:20 08/05/2017
Quote: Matteomax
I'd love for this to be true.

The only part throwing me off would be the fact that there wasn't a mention of a specific detail: Lightcore Bombs.

It isn't that big of a deal, but still; that was the trademark feature for ALL LightCores.

Giants were technically lightcores and they didn't do the bomb thing. Maybe it's just not something gimmicklanders get.
---
Boop me if you see this.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#103 Posted: 08:33:26 08/05/2017
Please give me lightcore Aurora , I really like her but I won't get her due to her ugly pose.
And lightcore Tidepool would be cool..Her squid guns and eyes would light up.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#104 Posted: 08:34:56 08/05/2017
I am not particularly thrilled by this news. Activision, more than any of the other companies, ran Toys to Life into the ground, like everything they touch, and now they are keeping it on life support. Toys to Life is dying, rapidly, and I would much rather have seen it go out with dignity. Disney Infinity is gone, LEGO Dimensions is most likely done, Amiibo sales decreased from 27 million in 2015 to 9 million in 2016 (that's one third of the previous year sales). I, personally, did not like Cursed Tiki Temple, which leaves me skeptical about Lost Imaginite Mines. On top of that, if we are only getting one more Adventure Pack towards the end of the year, that leaves nothing to play with a bunch of new figures. We know we aren't getting a game this year. So, we get, let's say 5-10 new and Lightcore figures, and then we either meander with them in our completed game, start a new file and replay a game we have already finished, or buy the game again on another system, just to replay a game we have already finished.

If this is what they are doing, then I expect they will be releasing the rest of our Creation Crystals alongside the new figures, and not around the time of Ro-Bow. I prefer being realistic over optimistic, and this just feels like too little, too late. It's a lot of effort for what seems like it will be limited return. Maybe they have something bigger to announce at E3, to make all of this more worthwhile, so I am just going to hope that is the case.
---
Hail Sithis
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#105 Posted: 10:00:19 08/05/2017
The way i see it, it can go either way. Activision have made an unexpected move and i would like to see how it turnd out (offcourse there is still the tiny chunce that this was planned all along).
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#106 Posted: 10:06:54 08/05/2017
These are gonna sell so poorly...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#107 Posted: 10:09:43 08/05/2017
Let's hope they'll have a Wow Pow + Lightcore function...
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#108 Posted: 10:27:08 08/05/2017
I wonder how many new figures will be relesed, i think that mabey one of each except light and dark who will get two.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:27:43 08/05/2017 by omer1698
#109 Posted: 11:04:38 08/05/2017
Quote: Kevin16
These are gonna sell so poorly...

I agree
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#110 Posted: 11:08:53 08/05/2017
Negative Nancy's.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#111 Posted: 11:29:23 08/05/2017
Quote: Luminous35
Negative Nancy's.

It isn't negativity, it's reality, and there's a big difference. First of all, we know, as a community, that Lightcores do not sell as well, and that most people here dislike them, too. Second, part of the reason that LEGO Dimensions might be going down is that they are trying to support an entire game's worth of characters with one or two levels at a time, and that just isn't a good idea. Giving us 5-10, or even more new characters (figures), with maybe a level or two to play them in, in a game we have all otherwise finished, is pretty idiotic. With that said, they also decided that a full game wasn't going to sell well enough to warrant funding or developing one. So, they know they aren't going to generate a lot of sales, and they are just doing this to squeeze the last drops of money out of it that they can. As a fan and collector since the beginning, it is sad to me, not hopeful.
---
Hail Sithis
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#112 Posted: 11:58:55 08/05/2017
Quote: LordElohim
Quote: Luminous35
Negative Nancy's.

It isn't negativity, it's reality, and there's a big difference. First of all, we know, as a community, that Lightcores do not sell as well, and that most people here dislike them, too. Second, part of the reason that LEGO Dimensions might be going down is that they are trying to support an entire game's worth of characters with one or two levels at a time, and that just isn't a good idea. Giving us 5-10, or even more new characters (figures), with maybe a level or two to play them in, in a game we have all otherwise finished, is pretty idiotic. With that said, they also decided that a full game wasn't going to sell well enough to warrant funding or developing one. So, they know they aren't going to generate a lot of sales, and they are just doing this to squeeze the last drops of money out of it that they can. As a fan and collector since the beginning, it is sad to me, not hopeful.

Uh, do you know the definition of negativity?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#113 Posted: 12:11:37 08/05/2017
I'm what happened to "Superchargers' bad reception reflected on Imaginators" and the whole actual reasoning we're in this situation on the first place?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#114 Posted: 12:32:41 08/05/2017
I think you are indeed being realistic, but I'm also convinced it's way to early to talk about this new wave of content.

You are assuming that we are only talking about one new level, but what if the Q4 Adventure Pack will actually unlock 5 or 6, instead?
Also, what if there were less focus on the Lightcores (which I agree on saying they don't interest me at all) and much more on brand new Skylanders?

We are pretty much in a situation where we have never been before (unless you want to compare this to a new game-type of thing), so let's see how it unfolds.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#115 Posted: 12:33:15 08/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
I'm what happened to "Superchargers' bad reception reflected on Imaginators" and the whole actual reasoning we're in this situation on the first place?

If I am understanding what you are trying to say, no, it isn't a fair assessment. What is happening to Skylanders is happening to all of the Toys to Life genre. Superchargers did not cause the downfall of Disney Infinity or LEGO Dimensions, nor is it responsible for the downfall of Skylanders. It just happened to be the game that game out when the downturn started. It is probably coincidence. Toys to Life, from a marketing and retail perspective, was never a sustainable long term business.
---
Hail Sithis
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#116 Posted: 13:02:56 08/05/2017
Alright everyone lets not call eachother negative or names and whatnot. I can understand that some of you may be sceptical but let's just wait for E3 maybe there's more to year 2 then we know instead of just lightcores and new characters.
#117 Posted: 13:07:46 08/05/2017
lets tolk about the new characters. how you guys think that krakatoa and void will look like? i know that krakatoa is suppossed to be a volcanic cthulhu but i try to see at at my head and i dont like the results, and void i imagine somthing like a xenomorph only with eyes and two laser pistols.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:08:15 08/05/2017 by omer1698
#118 Posted: 13:12:59 08/05/2017
I see Void as the Alien from Alien
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#119 Posted: 13:32:30 08/05/2017
The two new ones sound great but series 2 senseis already? That's tacky. They're still making the same mistakes they did with Lightcores in the first place as well by releasing them with a basic figure already out and picking terrible nonsensical choices for them.

Just release Heartbreaker and call it a day
#120 Posted: 13:39:30 08/05/2017
Quote: LordElohim

If I am understanding what you are trying to say, no, it isn't a fair assessment. What is happening to Skylanders is happening to all of the Toys to Life genre. Superchargers did not cause the downfall of Disney Infinity or LEGO Dimensions, nor is it responsible for the downfall of Skylanders. It just happened to be the game that game out when the downturn started. It is probably coincidence. Toys to Life, from a marketing and retail perspective, was never a sustainable long term business.

The genre isn't an amalgamation, every game had its downfall. All caused by unsustanable releases, yes, but DI was tied to Disney's general distrust of vidya, LD to whatever's up with them I didn't look it up, and Skylanders to using a gimmick that alienated part of their already dwindling fanbase. The genre won't last, but they sped up the process their own way rather than a problem with the figures.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#121 Posted: 13:45:04 08/05/2017
TBH, the constant rereleasing of figures contributed to the downfall as well. It's frustrating to hunt down a figure only to have it rereleased the very next game with additional powers. That's an easy way to achieve fatigue.
#122 Posted: 14:55:32 08/05/2017
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
TBH, the constant rereleasing of figures contributed to the downfall as well. It's frustrating to hunt down a figure only to have it rereleased the very next game with additional powers. That's an easy way to achieve fatigue.

they should just relese the new characters, we dont need more reposed characters or lightcores, new characters is debatable but its batter then get the same character with different poses.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#123 Posted: 15:18:49 08/05/2017
I would totally buy a S2 Pain-Yatta, but that's just me
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#124 Posted: 15:38:05 08/05/2017
Can't wait to see Void. He may be my favourite of the new roster
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#125 Posted: 15:40:49 08/05/2017
Void sounds like his attacks may be focus with black holes or super novas something space related attacks
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#126 Posted: 15:41:47 08/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute
I would totally buy a S2 Pain-Yatta, but that's just me

yes please
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#127 Posted: 15:55:39 08/05/2017
I really just prefer when the characters just light up without it being their whole thing. Look at the Giants, they were cool. But my opinions on the others are:
Pop Fizz: Okay I guess. Double trouble might have pulled it off better.
Prism Break: I kind of predicted the future when I got normal Prism Break, I thought he would light up. LC PB did not disappoint.
Chill: I mean, the base looks cool...?
Eruptor: Actually a pretty cool one.
Drobot: Bland.
Hex: It might have been better with purple or something? I don't know, not that great in the dark.
Jet-Vac: Another cool one.
Shroomboom: I love it when the eye lights up.

Star Strike: Only the eyes light up and they're tiny. Meh.
Flashwing: Actually pretty good I guess.
Wham Shell: Trying WAY too hard to be a Lightcore
Smolderdash: I prefer this pose over her other one and the light-up is cool too.
Countdown: Meh.
Grim Creeper: It's alright.
Warnado: That glow is really good.
Bumble Blast: It only does the honey of the gun? Okay.
---
Soon.
#128 Posted: 16:07:51 08/05/2017
They're going to add a few characters and they're going to damage themself with stupid lightcore reposes. Typical Activision.
All I want is them, pls.
[User Posted Image]
---
#129 Posted: 16:08:09 08/05/2017 | Topic Creator
oh yes-

Pop Fizz- yeah it works
Prism Break- yeah this one works really well
Eruptor- yep this is a good one
Drobot- eughhh this one sucked
Hex- looks like shes on her period lmao
Chill- nice i guess
Jet Vac- this one was cool
Shroomboom- nice

Star Strike- ehhhhhh
Flashwing- glad this happened
Wham Shell- you could've just made a S2 wham shell you guys
Smolderdash- dat ass
Countdown- could've been great
Grim Creeper- eh
Warnado- alright
Bumble Blast- SF god tier
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#130 Posted: 16:21:46 08/05/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
oh yes-

Pop Fizz- yeah it works
Prism Break- yeah this one works really well
Eruptor- yep this is a good one
Drobot- eughhh this one sucked
Hex- looks like shes on her period lmao
Chill- nice i guess
Jet Vac- this one was cool
Shroomboom- nice

Star Strike- ehhhhhh
Flashwing- glad this happened
Wham Shell- you could've just made a S2 wham shell you guys
Smolderdash- dat ass
Countdown- could've been great
Grim Creeper- eh
Warnado- alright
Bumble Blast- SF god tier

If Skylanders had periods

It would be a weird game
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#131 Posted: 16:23:50 08/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Buuzer
They're going to add a few characters and they're going to damage themself with stupid lightcore reposes. Typical Activision.
All I want is them, pls.
[User Posted Image]

bring back our fabulous boy
#132 Posted: 16:26:26 08/05/2017
You guys are 4 years late to that joke, but as usual, kids' game forum.

The Giants and Flashwing are the only ones that look good, again because A ) It's not their only gimmick in the former and B ) multiple glowing spots. However, the guy does say it's an S2 Lightcore,so if they combined it with Wow Pow it might be a good deal for those characters that have uneven paths such as Pit Boss or Starcast.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#133 Posted: 16:40:37 08/05/2017
I'm more surprised that this is the first game we get any kind of repose to a character in the same game and the first time a gimmicklander ever got reposed. The skies the limit from here on out theoretically.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#134 Posted: 16:52:06 08/05/2017

The Giants and Flashwing are the only ones that look good, again because A ) It's not their only gimmick in the former and B ) multiple glowing spots. However, the guy does say it's an S2 Lightcore,so if they combined it with Wow Pow it might be a good deal for those characters that have uneven paths such as Pit Boss or Starcast.

It's time to make a S2/Lightcore Chompy Mage with glowing puppet + THE DAMNED CHOMPY MONSTER FORM AS A WOW POW, DAMN WHY DIDN'T THEY ADD THIS FORM IN THE GAME?
---
#135 Posted: 16:55:04 08/05/2017

It's time to make a S2/Lightcore Chompy Mage with glowing puppet + THE DAMNED CHOMPY MONSTER FORM AS A WOW POW, DAMN WHY DIDN'T THEY ADD THIS FORM IN THE GAME?

I KNOW, RIGHT!? THATS HIS SIGNATURE MOVE FOR EON SAKE!!!
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#136 Posted: 17:28:59 08/05/2017
I literally can't stop thinking about Void! Aaaaahh
#137 Posted: 17:29:35 08/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: omer1698

I KNOW, RIGHT!? THATS HIS SIGNATURE MOVE FOR EON SAKE!!!

make chompy mage great again
#138 Posted: 17:33:01 08/05/2017
Pop Fizz- an ok choice .
Prism Break- Fits him perfectly .
Eruptor- If he had his series 3 pose with the light he could of have looked better , but he's ok.
Drobot- He sucked !!!
Hex- I actually like her !! The red is giving me goth vampire vibes.
Chill- Zap would of have been better tbh.
Jet Vac- He's ok.
Shroomboom- I don't like him as a charcter ,but his eye was cool.

Star Strike- I liked her I just wish that they would of have added more light effects.
Flashwing- Perfect lightcore !!!
Wham Shell- Punk shock would of have been a better choice TBH.
Smolderdash- she looked great.
Countdown- I hate him .
Grim Creeper- he's ok...it's just that his eyes bug me.
Warnado- he's ok
Bumble Blast- he's alright...just not that cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:34:34 08/05/2017 by KingMed
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#139 Posted: 18:27:46 08/05/2017
Since everyone seems to be doing this now;

Shroomboom - Looks nice but nothing too special.
Jet-Vac - Not a big fan, never spoke to me.
Hex - I'm Hex trash and as little sense as it makes, I praise it with all of my very being.
Pop Fizz - Since it's just his weapon it's not that impressive.
Drobot - Barely a difference.
Chill - Same problem as with Pop Fizz but I prefer her.
Eruptor - Also kinda cool, but nah for me.
Prism Break - One of the better ones for sure.

Bumble Blast - Same as with Pop Fizz/Chill.
Warnado - Loved the figure but it could've been brighter in-game.
Grim Creeper - Also could've been brighter in-game.
Star Strike - Really nice idea.
Countdown - Same as with Drobot.
Wham-Shell - I actually liked this one.
Smolderdash - Loved her. Both figure and in-game.
Flashwing - Great idea only the figure could've been done better.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:48 08/05/2017 by Deja Vu
#140 Posted: 23:00:52 08/05/2017
Do any of you think we will get another leak this month?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#141 Posted: 23:15:30 08/05/2017
I think we'll get a pretty big leak next month

It'll be called "E3"
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#142 Posted: 23:38:58 08/05/2017
There's something I'd like to point out about the image. I remember seeing a video of the PR reveal of Imaginators when Yroc,Coinoptv and TAGG went to and that table and wall look strikingly familiar to the leaked image. I can't find the video but I do have photo memory (or whatever it's called) so yeah
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:34 08/05/2017 by SkyFan91
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#143 Posted: 00:17:18 09/05/2017
So I keep getting error when I try and post a comment. So this will be a test one, if it works I'll edit it.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#144 Posted: 00:24:16 09/05/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
There's something I'd like to point out about the image. I remember seeing a video of the PR reveal of Imaginators when Yroc,Coinoptv and TAGG went to and that table and wall look strikingly familiar to the leaked image. I can't find the video but I do have photo memory (or whatever it's called) so yeah

Think I understood which table you are talking about, even though I only remember it in photos.
Was probably the same one used to showcase Wallop, Wildfire and Chopper back in 2014.

Quote: SilverWolf2308
So I keep getting error when I try and post a comment. So this will be a test one, if it works I'll edit it.

Had the same problem yesterday, but only with this topic.

Activision found out about the leak and is using its supreme powers to stop us!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#145 Posted: 00:26:08 09/05/2017
I'm not buying it. The reason they removed Lightcores and revamps in general from Imaginators (I believe at least) is because they were more money than they were worth. People didn't buy them enough, so they decided to just do all new characters. The franchise is clearly going down a steeper and steeper declining hill, so why would they all of a sudden decide to bring these resource-wasters back especially when the game was already majorly delayed or potentially canceled due to budget limitations? Just doesn't make sense to me.

To anyone only believing this because it 'looks real', this is easy to emulate. There's plenty of people who can modify these toys, it'd be so easy to make a fake. If you go onto YouTube you can find people making artificial Lightcores. Plus, why would a) the stone be the material to light up when her body is made of crystal, and b) light up blue of all colors, arguable the least fitting color? Reposing is easy too, iirc there's a user on DeviantArt named Jin-Saotome who did a bunch of reposed Skylanders.

Also 'Krakatoa' and 'Void' are such barebones blank names that it'd take no effort to come up with at all. So easy to fake, especially with the fanbase being so god damn easy to fool.

(Just to clarify there's 3 pages of this so I haven't read all the posts, sorry if something to this effect was already stated.)
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:15 09/05/2017 by 84skylanderdude
#146 Posted: 00:29:51 09/05/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I'm not buying it. The reason they removed Lightcores and revamps in general from Imaginators (I believe at least) is because they were more money than they were worth. People didn't buy them enough, so they decided to just do all new characters. The franchise is clearly going down a steeper and steeper declining hill, so why would they all of a sudden decide to bring these resource-wasters back especially when the game was already majorly delayed or potentially canceled due to budget limitations? Just doesn't make sense to me.

To anyone only believing this because it 'looks real', this is easy to emulate. There's plenty of people who can modify these toys, it'd be so easy to make a fake. If you go onto YouTube you can find people making artificial Lightcores. Plus, why would a) the stone be the material to light up when her body is made of crystal, and b) light up blue of all colors, arguable the least fitting color? Reposing is easy too, iirc there's a user on DeviantArt named Jin-Saotome who did a bunch of reposed Skylanders.

Also 'Krakatoa' and 'Void' are such barebones blank names that it'd take no effort to come up with at all. So easy to fake, especially with the fanbase being so god damn easy to fool.

(Just to clarify there's 3 pages of this so I haven't read all the posts, sorry if something to this effect was already stated.)

If you compare the Barbella we have now to this it's impossible. Just the entire sculpt of Barbella can't be redone like this as a custom especially the legs
#147 Posted: 00:34:01 09/05/2017
I admit I'm not too convinced about these S2 Lightcores either, but I cannot deny the legitimacy of that specific figure.

One thing is modifying the pose of a figure by re-arranging the limbs, another is having a figure which has two specular arms and legs when the regular one isn't symmetrical.
Not to mention there are other different details, such as the eyes and the golden belt.
The barbell also looks slightly different, but I guess that would be rather easy to adjust.

Whether it is a prototype or a repose, I think the fact it is authentic is out of question.

EDIT:
Basically what SkyFan said, but longer. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:23 09/05/2017 by Drek95
#148 Posted: 00:38:38 09/05/2017
Quote: Drek95
I admit I'm not too convinced about these S2 Lightcores either, but I cannot deny the legitimacy of that specific figure.

One thing is modifying the pose of a figure by re-arranging the limbs, another is having a figure which has two specular arms and legs when the regular one isn't symmetrical.
Not to mention there are other different details, such as the eyes and the golden belt.
The barbell also looks slightly different, but I guess that would be rather easy to adjust.

Whether it is a prototype or a repose, I think the fact it is authentic is out of question.

EDIT:
Basically what SkyFan said, but longer. smilie

Pretty much smilie
#149 Posted: 00:50:56 09/05/2017
It IS still possible that it's a custom figure, but unlike Chopper S2(which was painted black to emulate SC) this is a helluva lot more effort since they did everything down to her texture. So if this isn't real, it'd be more likely that it's an actual prototype somewhere in TFB offices that someone freaked out over.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#150 Posted: 00:55:19 09/05/2017
It IS still possible that it's a custom figure, but unlike Chopper S2(which was painted black to emulate SC) this is a helluva lot more effort since they did everything down to her texture. So if this isn't real, it'd be more likely that it's an actual prototype somewhere in TFB offices that someone freaked out over.

Well I'm still pretty sure the fake Chopper was a prototype for the original figures, just with a photoshopped base.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me