Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Your picks for smash 5
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1 Posted: 12:16:20 01/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Was talking to another user yesterday about when smash 5 gets announced and we were discussing our picks for characters and stages. I wanna know who you want in the next smash, feel free to make a move list for them if you so wish.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:18:20 01/05/2017 by Lunarz
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 12:35:50 01/05/2017
Petey Pirahna is all I want

GIVE HIM TO ME!!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#3 Posted: 13:03:03 01/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I think it'd be cool if they introduced the rest of the dk64 crew: Lanky, Tiny and Chunky, It's not completely impossible considering Mario has like 10 characters, plus their movesets are pretty much already made from 64

also tom nook should be a character but only in coin mode and his only attack makes the other players give him their money

also Prince Fluff, his attacks would be based around yarn, Midna could use her hair, Isaac from Golden Sun using his psynergy
also king boo <3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:06:07 01/05/2017 by Lunarz
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 17:45:20 01/05/2017
Assuming neither of them are going to be in the Smash 4 Switch Port that is so obviously coming that I can't even wait until E3 for them to announce it:

Inkling (Splatoon): Honestly I think they'd be a shoo-win for Smash. Nintendo seems to be really pushing it as one of their new main IPs, with Splatoon 2 and of course the Inklings being in Mario Kart of all things. I mean, if the Inklings can crossover in a racing game then I don't see why not a fighting game.

Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS): Probably not as likely as Inkling, but I can see Nintendo trying to push ARMS enough to the point where they're in Smash. I can imagine them having a really unique moveset since Arms looks to be a really unique fighting game.

Rayman: So what you're just gonna tease me by making a trophy for a third-party character who's not even in the game? NOT COOL NINTENDO.

Shovel Knight/Shantae/Yooka-Laylee: I know the hype for these three has died down (heck, for YL I doubt there was even any Smash hype) but with how Nintendo seems to be fully supporting indies on the Switch, I can see them throwing in an indie character, and these three I feel would fit in with Smash the best.

Hades/Medusa (Kid Icarus): Because Smash 4's roster was kinda lacking in the villains department.

And of course we can't forget Shrek, Goku, and/or Freddy Fazbear, clearly the best choices for any Smash game.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:52 01/05/2017 by AdamGregory03
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#5 Posted: 18:38:26 01/05/2017
goku.
#6 Posted: 18:41:10 01/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
goku.

-----
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:19:04 01/05/2017 by Lunarz
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#7 Posted: 19:10:51 01/05/2017
inklings, chrom, and snake is all id accept
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#8 Posted: 19:44:13 01/05/2017
inkling

spring man

king k rool
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#9 Posted: 20:32:55 01/05/2017
My choices with reasons

Rayman He seemingly is constantly being brought up more by Nintendo with the new updated Legends port on the Switch and more recognition by Nintendo lately.

Bomberman More recognition with Super Bomberman R and more ports of his games going to E Shop. Buggler would also be nice, but that is a stretch I will admit.

Fawful or Waluigi If we get another Mario character I am hoping for another villain and these two are some of my absolute favorite villains in Mario.

Mipha or Lana Since I can't believe there wasn't a new Zelda character. Perhaps Mipha would be an awesome choice and Lana would be the very unique character for the Zelda series in Smash.

Medusa Because I like her more than Hades, but either one of them would do nicely for the series and more villains are extremely welcomed in my book.

I may update with more choices eventually, but these were the best ones I would like to see.

Dimentio was always someone I would love to see in Smash, but is one of the more unlikely guys to get into Smash.

Crow from Nefarious definitely should be considered. If Shovel Knight and Shantae are being demanded, why not Crow from another indie game that seems to be slowly getting more attention lately? There's even plans to port the game to the Wii U.

Crash Bandicoot seems like a ridiculous idea, but with Imaginators being on the Switch and Wii U and the possibility of being a Switch port for the N Sane Trilogy, he would make for a super interesting fighter. Imagine if his final smash was his jetpack move and shooting Wumpa Fruit similar to Diddy Kong's final smash or even him wearing Aku Aku for temporary invincibility that could have a similar or less duration like in the games. Plus his moves are actually quite self explanatory like Rayman as he pratically has all the assets for a fit fighter in this game.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:25 11/06/2017 by GhostRoaster617
#10 Posted: 21:09:36 01/05/2017
Ok, let's see

Chandelure-He was in Pokken Tournament, and he is my favorite pokemon
Petey Pirhana-I NEED THIS
Ridley-I ALSO NEED THIS
Motley Boss Blob-Best boss in Mario 3D World
Shy Guy-CAUSE WHY NOT
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#11 Posted: 22:17:13 01/05/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Ok, let's see

Ridley-I ALSO NEED THIS
Shy Guy-CAUSE WHY NOT

ridley is too big tho
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#12 Posted: 23:08:52 01/05/2017
wonder red
pyroar
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:25 01/05/2017 by somePerson
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#13 Posted: 23:11:30 01/05/2017
Ethan/Kris with Chikorita, Quilava, & Feraligatr. Gen 2 revival of Pokemon Trainer.
AiAi
Tails
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#14 Posted: 23:37:39 01/05/2017
Quote: Seiki
Ethan/Kris with Chikorita, Quilava, & Feraligatr. Gen 2 revival of Pokemon Trainer.
AiAi
Tails

sonic has too many reps already
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#15 Posted: 23:55:31 01/05/2017
*looks at screen*
*looks at username*
*duh*
---
Soon.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#16 Posted: 00:00:45 02/05/2017
Ridley is too big, but we do need another metroid rep. If the theories are correct and Sylux is the villain in the next main game, then I think he'd make a good fit.

Other than that, uh, idk, snake and ice climbers back, and shovel knight would be great.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#17 Posted: 02:08:05 02/05/2017
I'd like Fawful, Ivysaur, Inkling, Shovel Knight, Midna (<3), and all veterans back
that is, if i could have as many as possible lol
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#18 Posted: 11:46:31 02/05/2017
Dora, fawful, dimentio or some other paper Mario rep, inklings, SORAAAAAA, petey pirhanna
---
My life is complete.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#19 Posted: 21:11:36 02/05/2017
Wolf Link and Midna

Yooka-Laylee - I heard Banjo-Kazooie were gonna be in Melee, but now that they're owned by Microsoft, Yooka-Laylee is now a better choice.

Decidueye - It's my favourite Pokemon in Sun/Moon and I think it would fit in the game pretty well. I can imagine its final smash would be its Z move.

Quilava - Another favourite Pokemon bias. Being my favourite, I just always imagined what moves it would have. I don't actually expect it to ever be a fighter though unless they use Seiki's Ethan/Kris idea.

Roxas from Kingdom Hearts - I don't actually expect this one to happen, I just once had a dream where he was a fighter in SSB4 for some reason. This was actually before a certain other blond haired Square Enix character was announced as DLC. Although, if they were to include any KH representation in Smash, then I think Roxas would be a good choice since his own game was on the Nintendo DS.

Cecil from FFIV, Bartz from FFV or Terra from FFVI - Sakurai said he wanted to put Terra or Bartz in SSB4, but he didn't think many people would know who they were which is why Cloud was included instead. I would like to see more FF characters in a future SSB game, especially those from the SNES games.

Inklings - Splatoon has become a popular enough Nintendo franchise, so I don't see why they wouldn't include them.

BotW Link - Not as a separate character, but just as an alternative outfit for Link. Same for BotW Zelda.
#20 Posted: 23:30:20 02/05/2017
Got a couple of more characters.

Decidueye (Pokemon) - Especially if the rumors of Stars turns out to be true (which I'm not saying they are), then I think Decidueye would be a safe bet. We always get a Pokemon from the latest generation in the newest Smash game, and on top of we already have a Fire and Water starter in the forms of Charizard and Greninja, so why not Grass?

Ice Climbers - Sakurai (or someone on the team, I don't fully remember) said he wanted to bring them back, but couldn't due to technical limitations of the 3DS. Well, that's no longer an issue on the Switch, and they're fan favorites, so... why not? (Imagine 8-Player Smash with all Ice Climbers)

Wolf (Star Fox) - I have no reason for this other than he was my favorite of the three in Brawl and I want him back.

A fourth Kirby rep - I don't wanna say Bandanna Dee because that'd be too obvious, but I can't think of anyone else who'd be all that likely. But regardless, I love me some Kirby and want a fourth character dangit.
---
Check this out! Please?
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#21 Posted: 23:43:57 02/05/2017
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Ok, let's see

Ridley-I ALSO NEED THIS
Shy Guy-CAUSE WHY NOT

ridley is too big tho

Smash Brothers 3 announced: Ridley's perfectly viable.
After Smash Brothers 3: Ridley's too big.

Even if shrinking him looks a bit weird, I could see them being able to make it work.

Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Seiki
AiAi
Tails

sonic has too many reps already

One rep is just right. Seriously.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:00 02/05/2017 by MugoUrth
#22 Posted: 00:01:07 03/05/2017
^ Pretty sure Strider's posts are jokes.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:33 03/05/2017 by Seiki
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#23 Posted: 00:58:41 03/05/2017
Wonder Red, Rayman, King K Rool and Ridley. Everyone else either doesn't feel right or is far too unlikely.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#24 Posted: 02:40:38 03/05/2017
Dimentio pls <3333
---
Gay 4 GARcher
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#25 Posted: 03:09:22 03/05/2017
Quote: DragonCamo
Dimentio pls <3333

i'd be ok with this
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#26 Posted: 03:47:56 03/05/2017
Midna, Sylux, and Snake. :(
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#27 Posted: 23:57:38 07/05/2017
Tethu from Ever Oasis.

'cause Sora is imposible.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:43:52 08/05/2017 by KeybasHedKey
#28 Posted: 01:22:04 08/05/2017
Okay, here is the literal one

Petey Piranha
Rayman
King Boo
Funky Kong
Inkling
Spring Man
Master Mummy
Ribbon Girl
Helix
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#29 Posted: 01:48:25 08/05/2017
Well, let's see...

Newcomers

I have no doubt the Inklings will be in the game. There's no reason why not. Arms may get something too. Fire Emblem may get something new, maybe from the new Switch game, maybe from Echoes, I would go as far as say Camilla has a chance, considering her popularity. Maybe not a character itself, just a Trophy. Pokémon may get someone, but who exactly really depends if there's a new generation in the works until the next Smash gets to be made. I also think its about time Zelda gets someone else. Not counting Toon Link, there's nothing new from the series since Melee. Donkey Kong may also get someone, but I think it depends on the relevancy of the specific characters. That's why I think Dixie has more of a chance than K. Rool. Metroid may get something too, wasn't there a Switch game on the works?

As for third party characters, I would say Bomber Man has quite a chance. Maybe Rayman too, depending on the results of the Switch port of Legends. I also think a indie character has a chance of getting in. Maybe Shovel Knight, Shantae or Yooka-Laylee.

Veterans

I think the Ice Climbers have a pretty big chance of coming back, since they only aren't in 4 thanks to the 3DS' hardware. Wolf may also get back due to popular demand.

Maybe some of the Zelda characters will get some drastic changes from design/gameplay thanks to Breath of the Wild. I also think clones will have a smaller chance of getting in, mainly Dr. Mario (because why the heck he's here in the first place) and Lucas (because lets be honest, Mother's not relevant).

I see some characters not coming back due to being third party, but I can't say who's still in and who's out (well, aside from Sonic, he's probably in). I can't see Snake in again, though.

If I have more to say I'll post.
---
Bruh
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#30 Posted: 10:22:16 08/05/2017
young link pls
#31 Posted: 16:15:22 08/05/2017
Pichu is the best one.
---
Soon.
#32 Posted: 18:00:51 08/05/2017
I honestly want AiAi the most.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#33 Posted: 00:26:59 09/05/2017
Too soon because Smash Bros. for Switch will be a Switch version of Smash Bros. for Wii U with better graphics and more stuff.

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Tom Nook

Jade if the rumoured Beyond Good & Evil Odyssey reboot is real

Sora from Kingdom Hearts (like Solid Snake when MGS4 was coming out the same year as Brawl)

Not Goku because he's not a video game character. He's in loads of Dragonball games and other Shounen games.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#34 Posted: 00:49:54 09/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: StevemacQ
Too soon because Smash Bros. for Switch will be a Switch version of Smash Bros. for Wii U with better graphics and more stuff.

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Tom Nook

Sora from Kingdom Hearts (like Solid Snake when MGS4 was coming out the same year as Brawl)

Not Goku because he's not a video game character. He's in loads of Dragonball games and other Shounen games.

Oh I didn't know you worked at nintendo and could see the future
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#35 Posted: 02:15:04 09/05/2017
Lightning McQueen
Guy Fieri
The Boss Baby
A YouTube comment section
Nickelback

I actually really want to see Toad, an Inkling, and I don't know, maybe someone else from Animal Crossing or Zelda
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#36 Posted: 02:20:15 09/05/2017
Anyone from Golden Sun. Isaac, Felix, Matthew, any of the other characters, just someone from this series.

The series has been around for nearly 16 years now, and has been almost completely ignored in every SSB game. It's honestly just sad that even the Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog were higher priority characters. There wasn't even a Mii costume.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#37 Posted: 04:40:56 09/05/2017
Pete and Claire from Harvest Moon.

Rune Factory Protagonists Frey and Lest

and Geno i think he's an assist character in Smash 4 though. i don't remember..
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:22:49 07/06/2017 by parisruelz12
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#38 Posted: 10:37:25 09/05/2017
Quote: Lunarz

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Tom Nook

It's just observation. They ported the Wii U game Mario Kart 8 to the Switch and it was still successful. Porting SSB4 would be easier for Masahiro Sakurai than to suddenly build a new game from scratch. If you're not familiar with Sakurai's constant stress with making these games, what's wrong with you?

Plus there's this http://letsplayvideogames.com/...h-port-arrives/ so yeah.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#39 Posted: 11:11:18 09/05/2017
Yeah, a port of the Wii U version with some extra bells and whistles seems to be the most likely (not that I'm complaining), especially since making Smash 4 was such a pain for Sakurai. To me it'd be easier to just give Smash the Mario Kart 8 treatment on Switch. I'm sure Sakurai's got other projects he'd want to work on anyway.
---
Check this out! Please?
#40 Posted: 15:14:42 09/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Tom Nook

It's just observation. They ported the Wii U game Mario Kart 8 to the Switch and it was still successful. Porting SSB4 would be easier for Masahiro Sakurai than to suddenly build a new game from scratch. If you're not familiar with Sakurai's constant stress with making these games, what's wrong with you?

Plus there's this http://letsplayvideogames.com/...h-port-arrives/ so yeah.

sorry for being a jerk, dunno why i was

but iunno, the time between smashes keeps getting shorter, I feel it's more likely they announce a new game this year or next rather than just make a port with tons of dlc
---
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#41 Posted: 22:39:04 16/05/2017
Late first-post reply is late. But here's my list as per Nintendo titles and Nintendo games outside of Nintendo IP's. They can be either fighters or assist trophies, etc.

- Inkling
- Shovel Knight
- Shantae
- Breath of the Wild Link
- Karate Joe (From Rhythm Heaven)
- Steve? (Bad bad bad idea)
- Sans (Please stop)
- Freddy Fazbear (Kill me)

Okay those lower ideas were a joke. I never played Smash 4 tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#42 Posted: 23:59:49 16/05/2017
Inklings, Rayman, and maybe Shantae are the only ones I see particularly viable from franchises that aren't already repped. Aiai would be nice if his franchise wasn't dead.

We've run into a wall where because Nintendo went so long without making new IPs or even expanding on some of their older ones that we're running on empty for characters to use that make sense in context.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#43 Posted: 00:33:52 17/05/2017
I'm under the assumption the next Smash game will be a sort of "Smash 4.5". I think it will be a port, but it will have more new, and more meaningful content than MK8 Deluxe.

I think Zelda could always use a new character. Sure, they already have the main ones, but other Zelda characters do exist and are popular. Midna in particular is pretty iconic and has a lot of easy moveset potential.

I personally think Captain Toad from the Super Mario franchise would be a cool addition, as again, it's a character with a lot of potential. Plus, it's technically a form of Toad, and a lot of people wanted Toad in the game before Bowser. Jr and especially Rosalina was revealed (a lot of Toad fans kinda gave up on being vocal after that though).

Ice Climbers were basically finished for the Wii U version but were cut due to the 3DS's technical limitations. So I think they're a guarantee for a new version of the game.

Inklings are also a lock at this point. Splatoon isn't anywhere near being iconic, but it's a current, trending franchise with an established fanbase and the Inklings have unique abilities that could work well in Smash.

Spring Man from ARMS seems like a very easy candidate. He's very much like Corrin was at the time of Smash DLC, in that he's a new character Nintendo would want to promote, but at the same time, has a lot of obvious moveset potential. Rubber Girl is the other alternative but Spring Man seems to be the default mascot of the game.

As far as third parties go, I think Bomberman has the best chance of getting in, simply because Nintendo actually commissioned Konami to make Super Bomberman R for the Switch, IIRC. Rayman already has his foot in the door with the three trophies in Smash Wii U...but I regret to say that there is also a possibility of the Rabbids getting in over him due to that Mario X Rabbids crossover game that is looking more and more likely. Shovel Knight has the best chance of getting in out of all the indies since they have worked so closely with Nintendo and they have the amiibo and all that jazz.

That's it for characters I can rationalise as having a chance, but I'd love to see Wolf and Snake come back, and I'd also love to see Professor Layton and Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I'd also really like to see Henry Fleming from Codename S.T.E.A.M.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#44 Posted: 12:14:13 05/06/2017
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

And of course Player character
[User Posted Image]

and
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#45 Posted: 02:56:20 07/06/2017
One Big cheese for Xbox mentioned he would think having banjo kazooie in smash would be a great idea. Whether or not possible it's nice to fantasize, that's how mankind thrives.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#46 Posted: 16:02:52 09/06/2017
Honestly even an assist trophy for sora or dimentio will ease my soul
---
My life is complete.
#47 Posted: 00:12:11 10/06/2017
Inkling moveset concept:
A attacks, air attacks, etc. would be similar to a Mii Gunner, with some variations. For example, Inkbrush for that whole combo thing
Standard B: Splat Charger (charged shot like Samus, but faster and weaker)
Side B: Splat Roller (dash, has a chance to bury enemies)
Up B: Super Jump (duh)
Down B: Possible reloading ink mechanic? If not just have like a bomb or something

Final Smash: Inkstrike or Killer Wail
---
Soon.
#48 Posted: 00:32:55 10/06/2017
Quote: Kyubey
Tracer
yeah yeah i know its a longshot and just my bias speaking, but bayonetta and snake proved gun characters can work, and if blizzard was chill with it, tracer would be absolutely perfect in smash

My only argument against Tracer isn't about her being with guns but that so far every fighter has appeared on a Nintendo system in some way. Even Cloud was in KH: Chain of Memories on the GBA & KH: Coded on the DS. It isn't out of the question for her, but it's certainly a trend that could be a conscious choice on Nintendo's part.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:33:36 10/06/2017 by Seiki
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me