Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1 Posted: 23:09:29 26/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Welcome to the official, all-purpose Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Topic

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is coming on June 22nd 2018: I will display any news here, and you guys can talk about stuff

Story:Years after the events of Jurassic World, a volcanic eruption threatens the remaining dinosaurs on the island of Isla Nublar, where the animals have freely roamed after the demise of the park. Claire Dearing, the former park manager, has now founded the Dinosaur Protection Group, an organisation dedicated to protecting the dinosaurs. To help with her cause, Claire has recruited Owen Grady, a former dinosaur trainer who worked at the park, to prevent the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Characters:
Owen Grady: Played by Chris Pratt(Previous Appearences: Jurassic World)
Claire Dearing: Played by Bryce Dallas Howard(Previous Appearences: Jurassic World)
Maise Lockwood: Played by Brooke Norbury(Previous Appeareneces: None)
Dr. Ian Malcom: Played by Jeff Goldblum(Previous Appearences: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Jurassic World(Mentioned))
Dr. Henry Wu: Played by B.D Wong(Previous Appearences: Jurassic Park, Jurassic World)
Ken Wheatley:Played by Ted Levine(Previous Appearences: None)
Zia Rodriguez:Played by Daniella Pineda(Previous Appearances: None)
Benjamin Lockwood: Played by James Cromwell(Previous Appearences: None)
Franklin Webb: Played by Justice Smith(Previous Appearences: None)
Eli Mills: Played by Rafe Spall(Previous Appearences: None)
Submarine Pilot: Played by Kevin Lane(Previous Appearences: None)
Gunnar Eversol(I believe that's what it says): Played by Toby Jones(Previous Appearences: None)
Maisie Lockwood:Played by Isabella Sermon(Previous Appearences:None)
Geraldine Chaplin will appear as well but her character is unknown

Confirmed Dinosaurs:
T-Rex
Mosasaurus
Dilophosaurus
Velociraptor
Carnosaur
Indoraptor?
Pteradactyl
Brontosaurus
Compsognathus
Ankylosaurus
Triceratops

Crew:
Directed by: J.A Bayona
Produced by: Belen Atienza, Frank Marshall, and Patrick Crowley
Written by: Colin Trevvorrow and Derek Connolly
Music by: Michael Giacchino
Cinematography by: Óscar Faura

First trailer is coming this Thursday, for now, enjoy the teaser.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 13:35:21 18/04/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2 Posted: 02:19:59 04/12/2017

- - -
---
Cool cool.
#3 Posted: 13:36:55 06/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Reminder that trailer #1 is coming tomarrow
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#4 Posted: 22:19:19 06/12/2017 | Topic Creator

A quick behind the scenes look at the film

Looks pretty creepy, we even get a look at some new characters
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 22:23:07 06/12/2017
Whoa! This actually looks cool.
#6 Posted: 22:48:32 06/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
Whoa! This actually looks cool.

What's also cool is that these are practical effects,so those cgi complainers can shut up
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#7 Posted: 15:56:10 07/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Just realized there is a team of welders called Jurassic Spark in that Behind the scenes trailer

lol
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#8 Posted: 01:58:41 08/12/2017 | Topic Creator
IT'S HERE
IT'S HERE
IT'S AMAZING

---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#9 Posted: 03:00:00 08/12/2017
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

DID YOU SEE BARYONIX!? HE'S NEW!

AND CARNOTAURUS!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#10 Posted: 11:47:10 08/12/2017
I'm looking forward to it!
#11 Posted: 14:38:34 08/12/2017
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAȂ̴̴̗̟͈̫̭̩͈̬̀ͦ͂́̚͡͝A̶͍̗̭̲̖̬̖͚̗̿ͮ̒̋͗̽ͫ̀̅ͭͯ̍̃̚͢ͅͅAͮͭ̈́̾̽̑̀ͥ͋̓͊̐҉̶͇̙̠̼̫͙̘̦̝̯̙̣̙͔͖̮͘ͅA̶̵͎͔̖͕͍ͮ̓͐̓͜Â̵̸̡͕͍̦̯̰͚͓͇̜̞̫̗̰̠̞͍͇̦͑ͦ̍̐ͮͪͥͪͮ̃̄͂͢͡ͅA̵̤̪͕̟͕͓̺̫͓̳̺̞̞͐̇̍ͨ̆̔͒̽̔̋͒͒Ã̵̧̱̩̜̖͓̗̖̥̹̻͖̳̭̝͒̾̂͜Ä̢̛̩̣̩̰̦̹̘̭͖̞͈̠̳͈́͋̑͊̆͛͡Ą̸̯̟̭̮̹̫̪̩͖̲̥͚̘̝̠̖̥ͥͭ̌͌͐͌̏ͥ͌̓͑͗̅ͥ́͝Å̦̖̻̟̪̞̹̥̙̖̙̼̞̠ͣ͆̈́̄̏ͧ̃ͫ̀͜͝Ą̵̥͖͔̭̙̘̞̲̲̑ͦ̆͋̋̊̈̔͋̒͌̿̕A̘̣͓͈̫̳̯̼̮̟̞ͤͤ̌̂ͮ̕Ḁ͉̭͉̜̝͕͓̲̠͉̬͎̞̰͒ͮ̈͌́͠A̴̩̝͎̜̮̮̎̊ͤ̑̎̑̅̌̚͜͡͞A̡̙̯̘͍̩̰̳̰̯͖͙͍͉̿ͬ́̔ͮͪ̓ͧ͗͆͡Ą̵̨̯͍̬͎́ͣ̍͐ͣ̈ͮ͌͊͒̂͛ͤ͞A͗̈́̆̀ͫͦ̅̽̆ͩ͊̓ͥͧ̇̊҉̲̘̦̞͔͖̭͟A̎̈̐̄̌̀͏̤̙̹̹͚̗̩͡͠A̖̟͓̥̰̬ͭͧͮ̋͌̀̏́A̢̘̣̼̬̅̊́̒̇̂͛̒ͣ̏ͩ̆͊͐̚̚A̧̗̭̖̥̥̗̻̜͉̩͕ͪ̎ͩ͊̏̎ͬ̍͂̆̂̚͜͢͝

...im excited
---
Cool cool.
#12 Posted: 15:48:45 08/12/2017 | Topic Creator
To the people complaining about this showing the whole movie

Colin confirmed this is only part of the first 57 minutes
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#13 Posted: 16:06:41 08/12/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
To the people complaining about this showing the whole movie

Colin confirmed this is only part of the first 57 minutes

That's a relief.

Also, I'm glad Colin isn't directing this time. JW was VERY VERY fun, but writing wise it was poor.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#14 Posted: 14:36:12 12/01/2018 | Topic Creator
J.A has confirmed that Claire won't be running from hybridinos in high heels
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 07:53:34 21/01/2018
J.A has confirmed that Claire won't be running from hybridinos in high heels

and we needed confirmation on this because...?
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#16 Posted: 09:01:50 21/01/2018
kind of annoyed that the trailer gives away the entire movie, and the carnotaurus dying
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#17 Posted: 15:25:12 21/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz
kind of annoyed that the trailer gives away the entire movie, and the carnotaurus dying

It's been confirmed that this is part of the first 57 minutes

You weren't spoiled the entire movie
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#18 Posted: 19:16:19 21/01/2018
Quote: Lunarz

It's been confirmed that this is part of the first 57 minutes

You weren't spoiled the entire movie

THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING
---
#19 Posted: 20:20:45 21/01/2018
ah well either way, it still feels like the trailer gave away way too much imo
---
#20 Posted: 16:16:05 03/02/2018 | Topic Creator
There is a posability there will be a new trailer during the super bowl

Along with Cloverfield 2 and Solo

So keep your eyes, ears, and doors open
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#21 Posted: 17:43:27 03/02/2018
https://www.funko.com/blog/art...k-pop-rides-pop

------
---
#22 Posted: 17:54:00 03/02/2018
OH MY GOD, DINOSAURS ARE COOL, BUT WOUNDED MALCOLM IS GONNA BE THE STAR OF THE FUNKO POP LINE!

[User Posted Image]
---
#23 Posted: 23:31:20 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Just saw the Super Bowl Ad

This is gonna be the best Jurassic Park ever
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#24 Posted: 23:36:15 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Speaking of which

Here's the trailer for everyone to binge for the next 4 months and 20 days
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:55 05/02/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#25 Posted: 00:57:00 05/02/2018
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
---
Cool cool.
#26 Posted: 02:38:30 05/02/2018
BARYONIX GUYS!!
---
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#27 Posted: 00:59:53 12/02/2018
I'm seeing this movie and I am especially getting that Dr. Malcolm Pop. smilie Who could resist THAT?
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#28 Posted: 00:56:44 14/02/2018
With that first scene, Jurassic World went from suspense to horror. Really, if you showed that scene alone without telling that person what it's from, it could be confusing smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#29 Posted: 01:15:13 14/02/2018
Quote: Felines
With that first scene, Jurassic World went from suspense to horror. Really, if you showed that scene alone without telling that person what it's from, it could be confusing :O

J. A. Bayona is actually a spanish horror movie director, and I believe he did say that he was going for a more "horror movie" feel for this movie. I hope he doesn't go too far, though... you know, jump scares and pointlessly running up the stairs and stuff... :-(
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#30 Posted: 03:45:53 14/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
With that first scene, Jurassic World went from suspense to horror. Really, if you showed that scene alone without telling that person what it's from, it could be confusing smilie

J. A. Bayona is actually a spanish horror movie director, and I believe he did say that he was going for a more "horror movie" feel for this movie. I hope he doesn't go too far, though... you know, jump scares and pointlessly running up the stairs and stuff... :-(

Many movies have that vibe. I've grown so use to it. And you're right. I forgot J. A. Bayona directed movies like The Orphanage. One of the only reasons I'm seeing this new Jurassic World is because I have much higher hopes for that one. The first one had poor writing and pace, even if the storyline had potential. The only thing I found enjoyable was that last battle. Fallen Kingdom however, seems like it could be much better, especially with a director like him. He directed The Impossible, one incredibly fantastic movie. Probably my most favorite movie based on a true story. Just one of the reasons why I'm seeing this one smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:47:16 14/02/2018 by Felines
#31 Posted: 03:54:31 14/02/2018
With that first scene, Jurassic World went from suspense to horror. Really, if you showed that scene alone without telling that person what it's from, it could be confusing :O

Many movies have that vibe. I've grown so use to it. And you're right. I forgot J. A. Bayona directed movies like The Orphanage. One of the only reasons I'm seeing this new Jurassic World is because I have much higher hopes for that one. The first one had poor writing and pace, even if the storyline had potential. The only thing I found enjoyable was that last battle. Fallen Kingdom however, seems like it could be much better, especially with a director like him. He directed The Impossible, one incredibly fantastic movie. Probably my most favorite movie based on a true story. Just one of the reasons why I'm seeing this one :D

Yeah, I think that's why they were excited to have him on board? They thought his experience in the horror genre would give him a leg up on the movie, and I think it was the general direction they wanted.

I agree to your points on the first movie, tbh, yeah. I am legitimately wanting badly to see Jeff Goldblums scene/scenes in this movie. I was always a fan of him, and I'm very happy that he'll be in the film. There's rumors we might get surprise scenes from Sam Neil and Laura Dern, too. :-)

It's not long now, before everyone gets Jurassic Park/World fever, again. XD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#32 Posted: 04:04:33 14/02/2018
Yeah. Jurassic World started the vibe in a very weak way, but Fallen Kingdom looks like it will return the original hype, for both old and new fans. And if the original Jurassic Park cast are going to return, even if it's just for a little while, the more reason to watch it. I just hope not many people decide not to give this one a chance due to the disappointment of the first. I've seen it happen a few times smilie
---
#33 Posted: 04:15:09 14/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I loved Jurassic World. ;;

We're not saying it's bad, just that it could've been much better smilie
---
#34 Posted: 04:20:22 14/02/2018
Yeah. Jurassic World started the vibe in a very weak way, but Fallen Kingdom looks like it will return the original hype, for both old and new fans. And if the original Jurassic Park cast are going to return, even if it's just for a little while, the more reason to watch it. I just hope not many people decide not to give this one a chance due to the disappointment of the first. I've seen it happen a few times :(

I think people (even the haters) will give into the hype when everyone starts talking about it, saying they loved it, or just that they saw it. It will make other people want to see it. More or less it will be the talk of the town, so I think it will be in pretty great shape when it hits theaters. :-)

I loved Jurassic World. ;;

What felines said, yeah, and don't worry, you could probably make fun of me pretty hard yourself, as I absolutely love all three of the original movies, and lots of people would not agree with that, lol. XD
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:02 14/02/2018 by LindseyWednesdy
#35 Posted: 04:42:20 14/02/2018
What felines said, yeah, and don't worry, you could probably make fun of me pretty hard yourself, as I absolutely love all three of the original movies, and lots of people would not agree with that, lol. XD

Okay, I love all three of the originals as well. I particularly love 3 for some strange reason.

Are you serious? Or is this you picking on me like I suggested? XD

If not, seriously, no joke, then high five! Someone who gets it! XD
---
#36 Posted: 04:52:13 14/02/2018
Nah, I'm not joking. I actually like all of the Jurassic Park movies. *high fives*

Yes, I was hoping for that! Soooo happy. X3

So, one of the big things have been the attempt to make this movie "darker." What do you think "darker" is going to mean, and how far do you think they might take it/how far do you want them to take it?
---
#37 Posted: 04:55:23 14/02/2018
I actually love the original trilogy too, well, more like one and three. I do like the second one, but for some reason, not as much as the other two smilie
---
#38 Posted: 05:10:02 14/02/2018
I actually love the original trilogy too, well, more like one and three. I do like the second one, but for some reason, not as much as the other two :\

Wooooow, really? I have such a hard time finding people who like any movies other than the first one. Yet, I find two people right here, yay! X3

Give me a high five, Felines!
---
#39 Posted: 05:29:25 14/02/2018
A high five, and a head bump. I like to do things roughly smilie
---
#40 Posted: 05:31:57 14/02/2018
A high five, and a head bump. I like to do things roughly XD

Alright, awesome! :-) I'm going to just put some ice on that, and we'll be good to go! XD

Any dinosaurs that you're looking forward to seeing in the movie?
---
#41 Posted: 05:49:01 14/02/2018
I heard there is a Baryonyx. Those are awesome. Looking forward to seeing it. Also, I would like to see a Brachiosaurus again. Those things are huge, but I think my favorite is the Diplodocus. I think that was the longest neck of all. And let's not forget the Mosasaurus. Apparently, it's in the ocean now. Wondering how it will work out. Imagine you traveling on a yacht or a submarine and one of those things appear all of the sudden smilie

Speaking of the dinosaurs, did you hear Fallen Kingdom will rely more on animatronics than CGI? The first Jurassic World relied too much on it, which is one of the reasons some of the scenes didn't look realistic enough. CGI is good and all, but it's not wise to depend on it too much. Part of the reason the Jurassic Park trilogy succeeded so much is because they used more puppets and animatronics rather than computer, making the dinosaurs more realistic. Another reason to watch Fallen Kingdom smilie
---
#42 Posted: 06:06:20 14/02/2018
I heard there is a Baryonyx. Those are awesome. Looking forward to seeing it. Also, I would like to see a Brachiosaurus again. Those things are huge, but I think my favorite is the Diplodocus. I think that was the longest neck of all. And let's not forget the Mosasaurus. Apparently, it's in the ocean now. Wondering how it will work out. Imagine you traveling on a yacht or a submarine and one of those things appear all of the sudden O_o

Speaking of the dinosaurs, did you hear Fallen Kingdom will rely more on animatronics than CGI? The first Jurassic World relied too much on it, which is one of the reasons some of the scenes didn't look realistic enough. CGI is good and all, but it's not wise to depend on it too much. Part of the reason the Jurassic Park trilogy succeeded so much is because they used more puppets and animatronics rather than computer, making the dinosaurs more realistic. Another reason to watch Fallen Kingdom :D

I hope there's a baryonyx. looks like my sweetie pie, Spinosaurus a bit. :-)

With that thing in the ocean, I would be terrified. Giant sea creatures are bad enough in current times, but that thing would make me afraid of the beach. Not sure it would come so close to the shore, but I think you know what I mean! XD

I agree so much with your second paragraph. I did hear about the animatronics, and I'm super happy about that. The animatronics made a whole lot of a difference, and I think that really came across more than ever with Jurassic World lacking enough of them being featured. I'll be %100 satisfied if it is true, and they use way more animatronics. :-)
---
#43 Posted: 06:45:56 14/02/2018
They even used costumed people in the original, and even that turns out working smilie
---
#44 Posted: 06:51:18 14/02/2018
I know, right? Remember the raptor costumes? They looked insanely silly...

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

But you never would've guessed that they were costumes instead of the animatronics! :-)
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me