Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Official E3 2017 PREDICTIONS Topic
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Official E3 2017 PREDICTIONS Topic
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1 Posted: 22:16:48 26/04/2017 | Topic Creator
This is the official E3 PREDICTIONS Topic, not the Official E3 2017 Topic, I'm pretty sure someone else will make that. This is where you can post any hopes and dreams, what you want to see, and predictions for E3 2017(However, you can still post stuff here)

XBOX:
Looking forward to
-Project Scorpion
-Call of Duty WW2
-Cuphead

Nintendo
-Splatoon 2
-Super Mario Odyssey
I really hope we get a new Metroid game
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 22:20:54 26/04/2017
It gets cancelled.
---
Bruh
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 23:11:21 26/04/2017
From Nintendo:
-Super Mario Odyssey with a playable demo
-First look at Breath of the Wild's DLC story
-Virtual Console (if it doesn't come out before E3, that is)
-New Metroid slated for 2018 (since Retro did that whole prime ribs tease)
-Announcement of Pokemon Stars
-Announcement of Super Smash Bros. port

From Activision:
-Expecting nothing related to Skylanders, but remaining optimistic

From Capcom:
-More info on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

And those are all of my predictions/hopes.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#4 Posted: 23:43:00 26/04/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
From Nintendo:

From Activision:

From Capcom:

I for the most agree and look forward to the above as well, especially for Super Mario Odyssey. I want to see if classic Spyro making a comeback is real.
#5 Posted: 00:45:01 27/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75

lol no

...Any reason why not? I mean I'm not saying they will announce it, just a prediction.
---
Check this out! Please?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 02:18:00 27/04/2017

lol no

...Any reason why not? I mean I'm not saying they will announce it, just a prediction.

And I counter your prediction with my Trap Card: "Mythical Piano of Summoning Sinnoh Remakes!"

oh wait wrong franchise lol
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#7 Posted: 02:53:11 27/04/2017
From Nintendo:

From Activision:

From Capcom:

with nintendo, we're for sure getting stuff about splatoon 2, and probably some stuff about mario but i doubt itll have a playable demo for odyssey
we're also probably gonna get a lot about fire emblem warriors since we have so few details about it, and it comes out only a few months later, same goes for the first zelda dlc

as for the rest, i honestly dont see any of that happening
MAYBE virtual console (definitely not gamecube lol) and MAYBE something metroid but i dont see pokemon stars or a smash port happening at all
what reason do they have to even make pokemon stars? we literally JUST got sun and moon in november and theyre still doing stuff for that
i also dont think we'll be getting smash on the switch, i feel like theyll be keeping it for Wii U and 3DS
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 03:38:25 27/04/2017
I expect to see Crash Warped gameplay for N-Sane Trilogy at least.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#9 Posted: 10:11:19 27/04/2017
PLEASE SQUARE FF7 REMAKE AND KH3 NEWS URGGGGGHHHHHH

oh yeah and odyssey should be there along with other Nintendo things
---
My life is complete.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#10 Posted: 10:28:18 27/04/2017
the bomb i placed at e3 will explode

i mean

it wont explode.....yes....*shifty eyes*
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#11 Posted: 10:28:28 27/04/2017
Quote: MagicFizz

Square-Enix will release... screenshots and maybe extended footage of the previous trailers but they'll probably show Prompto and Ignis DLC for FFXV.

As for my personal idea of what could be at E3:

• First in-game footage of the Resident Evil 2 remake.
  • DLC characters for Street Fighter V season 2.
  • A MegaMan X Collection to salt pour salt in Inafune's self-inflicted wound.
  • Another game in vein of Dark Souls made by FromSoftware (Dark Souls III was announced shortly after Bloodborne came out).
  • Bandai-Namco will announce a new character for Tekken 7.
  • Far Cry 5 and a new Assassins' Creed because of course they'll exist.
  • More info on God of War (4), Last of Us Part II, Detroit: Become Human and that biker game from Sony.
  • Hopefully the return of Nintendo Direct.
  • A new Beyond Good & Evil for the Switch.
  • Maybe even a SoulCalibur reboot for the Switch.
  • Halo 6 because it's that time again.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2.
  • EA's own stage show will show off new Star Wars titles, a 10-minute talk about the new FIFA, whatever pseudo-indie game by a shy Scandinavian developer with soothing piano music before the next opens with loud music and maybe a couple of games you might actually care about.

Honestly though, I don't think E3 is gonna be big this year. Even the big companies are losing interest but I'm gonna live-tweet anyway.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#12 Posted: 10:39:25 27/04/2017
gta 6 please
spiderman ps4
new classic spyro jk yea right
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:44:12 27/04/2017 by Lunarz
#13 Posted: 12:33:55 27/04/2017

Pretty sure I saw a tweet or something from a Square investor presentation that had KH3 listed as (2018 and beyond) as far as releasing it goes.

basically kh3 is the new versus xiii... i mean ffxv
---
#14 Posted: 13:03:00 27/04/2017
smash 5 I NEED SMASH 5, AND I NEEEEEED LANKY AND THE REST OF THE KONGS
speaking of which, a return a donkey kong 64 kind of game would be amazing

also animal crossing please <3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:44:05 27/04/2017 by Lunarz
#15 Posted: 13:49:03 27/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Nintendo Hopes:
Super Mario Odyssey Trailer+Demo
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC
Pokemon Stars Trailer+Demo Pokemon fights
Metroid game for Switch
Hey Pikmin Trailer
Splatoon 2 Trailer+Demo
Rabbid+Mario Crossover RPG Trailer
Luigi's Mansion Switch game Trailer+Demo
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#16 Posted: 13:51:50 27/04/2017
Luigi's mansion switch would be really cool, if it's in the vein of the original and not Dark Buffoon

also a true TTYD sequel would be great, i really wish nintendo would listen to their fans on this one and drop the whole "Mario and Luigi is our new rpg now" dudes, ttyd is a masterpiece, go back to your roots ffs, make a true sequel for us fans
---
#17 Posted: 14:27:26 27/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz
Luigi's mansion switch would be really cool, if it's in the vein of the original and not Dark Buffoon

also a true TTYD sequel would be great, i really wish nintendo would listen to their fans on this one and drop the whole "Mario and Luigi is our new rpg now" dudes, ttyd is a masterpiece, go back to your roots ffs, make a true sequel for us fans

I thought Dark Moon was an amazing game

Also, it's pretty unlikely they will go back to Paper Mario TTYD style of RPG, maybe one day. But it definantly ain't today
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#18 Posted: 15:03:08 27/04/2017
Quote: StriderSwag
with nintendo, we're for sure getting stuff about splatoon 2, and probably some stuff about mario but i doubt itll have a playable demo for odyssey

But Nintendo already confirmed that Odyssey is pretty much done and it'll be the main focus of this E3, kinda like Zelda last year. So yeah...
---
Bruh
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#19 Posted: 17:18:35 27/04/2017
Quote: Crash10

But Nintendo already confirmed that Odyssey is pretty much done and it'll be the main focus of this E3, kinda like Zelda last year. So yeah...

if they dont show fire emblem warriors it's a wasted opportunity
#20 Posted: 18:09:11 27/04/2017

We never got Grey, Z, or Delta Emerald for one. Don't see why they'd change that now, especially since I recall them saying that they want to stay away from director's cuts.

Well, I guess there's understandable. At the same time, there was that GameStop leak, and I think it's also been confirmed that Game Freak is working on a title for the Switch. So... I dunno about you but I'm personally gonna lean more toward it being plausible. But again, just a prediction.
---
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#21 Posted: 18:29:55 27/04/2017
It could also be a big spinoff like Battle Revolution 2 or something. Hopeful me wants it to be the third Alola game or another Colosseum/smilie-type game, but not getting my hopes up with GF.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#22 Posted: 18:46:38 27/04/2017
Quote: HIR

Pretty sure I saw a tweet or something from a Square investor presentation that had KH3 listed as (2018 and beyond) as far as releasing it goes.

That just basically means it doesn't have a release window yet. Square have actually removed that from their public site because of this very misinterpretation.

Nomura has already stated that KH3 promotion will be stepped up later this year. Square also aim for a "one KH game per year" cycle, and we already got KH 2.8 and KH 1.5+2.5 this year (as well as the huge Union Cross update for the formerly named Unchained Chi). So this year is already covered in terms of KH content (and this is before getting into the World Tour concert and the fact they've upped their merchandise game for the 15th Anniversary). I think we'll definitely be seeing KH3 at E3 this year, as well as other events throughout the year (IIRC there's a D23 this year or at the very start of 2018, and KH3 has made an appearance at every one of those since it's announcement). And I do have faith that it will be a 2018 game too, since they need something for that year.

As for the ballpark range, that depends on when Union Cross' story wraps up - since Nomura has said it's a necessary part of his set-up for KH3, that means KH3 isn't coming out until the mobile game finishes it's story.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#23 Posted: 19:17:57 27/04/2017
Quote: Crash10

if they dont show fire emblem warriors it's a wasted opportunity

I'm pretty sure they'll show it. I mean, why wouldn't they?
---
Bruh
#24 Posted: 20:59:51 27/04/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: HIR

That just basically means it doesn't have a release window yet. Square have actually removed that from their public site because of this very misinterpretation.

Nomura has already stated that KH3 promotion will be stepped up later this year. Square also aim for a "one KH game per year" cycle, and we already got KH 2.8 and KH 1.5+2.5 this year (as well as the huge Union Cross update for the formerly named Unchained Chi). So this year is already covered in terms of KH content (and this is before getting into the World Tour concert and the fact they've upped their merchandise game for the 15th Anniversary). I think we'll definitely be seeing KH3 at E3 this year, as well as other events throughout the year (IIRC there's a D23 this year or at the very start of 2018, and KH3 has made an appearance at every one of those since it's announcement). And I do have faith that it will be a 2018 game too, since they need something for that year.

As for the ballpark range, that depends on when Union Cross' story wraps up - since Nomura has said it's a necessary part of his set-up for KH3, that means KH3 isn't coming out until the mobile game finishes it's story.

I like how they said they were ramping up KH news that year and gave us those hype announcements about "KH3 news in winter" or something but we're in the middle of June now, and I'm still thirsty for those KH news.
---
My life is complete.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#25 Posted: 21:37:21 27/04/2017
I honestly don't understand why anyone would want a third Alola game, it seems kind of pointless to me. Plus, I know there's a lot of people that would pretty much quit Pokémon if they release the main series on the Switch, so...

Adding the tons of cut content and implementing the pokémon animations in some way since they don't seem very interested in updates to the 3DS versions :I Other than that, expand some very obvious holes in the plot that are probably also cut content, like everything to do with Gladion.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#26 Posted: 22:14:14 27/04/2017
I honestly don't understand why anyone would want a third Alola game, it seems kind of pointless to me. Plus, I know there's a lot of people that would pretty much quit Pokémon if they release the main series on the Switch, so...

You mean just from what you've seen? 'Cause I've also seen a lot of people who would totally be all for a main Pokemon adventure in HD.

- - -

Anyway, other predictions, I guess.

I'll add Splatoon 2 to my Nintendo predictions since I originally thought it was coming out in June. Maybe a story mode trailer or something. And regardless if it's Stars or not, I'm expecting something Pokemon-related coming to the Switch.

As for non-Nintendo stuff, Capcom's definitely gonna show off MvC Infinite, calling that now. Maybe just a second story trailer and a couple more characters... And hopefully something for the hardcore fans of the series since they don't seem cool with them focusing more on newbies.

Microsoft will probably show off the Scorpio, and, that's now officially all I got.
---
Check this out! Please?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#27 Posted: 22:34:45 27/04/2017
Where was it stated Nintendo is making a 3DS successor? TBH I think the best idea is to just have the Switch as both a successor for Wii U and 3DS.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#28 Posted: 22:38:05 27/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Here's something for you Splatooners

https://pvplive.net/c/splatoon...ournament-comin
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#29 Posted: 00:09:02 28/04/2017
I agree with Sess here. It would be stupid to put main series Pokemon on a console. Even if the Switch is more portable. The Switch still isn't something you can put in your pocket and take with you everywhere and anywhere. Younger kids that Pokemon is mainly the target audience for especially may not be allowed to take their Switch with them when they leave the house very often. Main series Pokemon is portable because it has always encouraged the idea of going out and battling/trading with friends in real life, even after online features were added, the idea was still there to go out and meet people to play with. All of the core multiplayer features for Pokemon will be almost entirely locked to an internet feature. Which isn't Nintendo charging now to do online stuff? Yeah it's a small fee, but a fee to essentially do anything multiplayer for Pokemon, one of the biggest features for Pokemon, would do more to hurt sales. There's also the issue of cross compatability. Would Switch owners be able to trade/battle with 3DS owners online? If not, then Switch owners are screwed out of any non-Alola native Pokemon and every Event Pokemon until Nintendo decides to re-release them. Which we all know means that anyone outside Japan will miss about 75% anyway.

I'm all for an HD console based Pokemon, but not a main series title or Alola based port. Something akin to Colosseum/XD would be much better.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:33:02 28/04/2017 by Seiki
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#30 Posted: 00:20:14 28/04/2017
I don't see why they can't do a port, especially if it isn't a Director's Cut version and is just a straight port.

Kids have it on the 3DS, so porting it to Switch would male a wider audience, plus Pokemon slaves would double dip.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#31 Posted: 02:14:58 28/04/2017
The problem is that Game Freak has reached their limit with the 3DS. They can't really expand on SuMo if they're handicapped by limited hardware. So unless we are getting a new handheld system from Nintendo, they need to make the jump to the Switch eventually. An insane amount of stuff had to be cut from SuMo to accommodate the limited hardware.

I mean even now I'm wondering if GF would even be capable of creating Gen IV remakes on the Gen VII engine and fitting all the content those games had (or adding something new like a Giratina/Arceus story akin to the Delta Episode... or better yet just remake Platinum it was way better than Diamond/Pearl anyway).
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#32 Posted: 03:25:16 28/04/2017
Metroid for switch.

That is all I require
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#33 Posted: 11:35:10 28/04/2017 | Topic Creator
We've got some news from nintendo

---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#34 Posted: 11:43:15 28/04/2017
Sounds like they'll be doing another E3 Direct, which they've done for the last couple years so no surprise there for me.

Speaking of Nintendo, another thing I want to add. I actually don't think we'll see a new trailer for Splatoon 2 and instead they'll just have a demo for it there, since it comes out a month after E3.

Also I'm still saying Pokemon is coming to the Switch, whether or not it's Stars. If it is, then actually I'm gonna say we won't see it at E3 and they'll reveal it later. If it's just a spin-off title coming out this year then it'll probably be shown.
---
Check this out! Please?
#35 Posted: 11:48:14 28/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Sounds like they'll be doing another E3 Direct, which they've done for the last couple years so no surprise there for me.

Speaking of Nintendo, another thing I want to add. I actually don't think we'll see a new trailer for Splatoon 2 and instead they'll just have a demo for it there, since it comes out a month after E3.

Also I'm still saying Pokemon is coming to the Switch, whether or not it's Stars. If it is, then actually I'm gonna say we won't see it at E3 and they'll reveal it later. If it's just a spin-off title coming out this year then it'll probably be shown.

They did say that Nintendo will have a Splatoon demo

If they had a trailer, I would assume it would be for story mode, because it is confirmed it will return
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#36 Posted: 15:16:31 28/04/2017
The Directs for E3 kills the hype for me. :/
---
My life is complete.
#37 Posted: 16:13:42 28/04/2017
Also I'm still saying Pokemon is coming to the Switch, whether or not it's Stars.

You keep repeating this as if we're saying that Pokémon isn't ever coming to the Switch, when we've known for a long time now that the series, in some shape or form, is coming to it at some point.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come across that way.
---
Check this out! Please?
#38 Posted: 16:38:49 29/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Some new nintendo news

There will be 3ds games announced at E3

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-...cement-e3-2017/
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#39 Posted: 02:30:47 30/04/2017
Fire Emblem 2018 news.
KHIII gets a new trailer and a more solid release date probably in Spring 2018. FFVII remake gets nothing.
Sequel to Alien Isolation probably.
Valve still has nothing, disappointing me greatly.
Insomniac Spider-Man footage. Hopefully a release date.
Sony probably has some big surprise up its sleeve. Otherwise gameplay footage for God of War, Last of Us 2, and Detroit.
Teaser trailer for Halo 6?

Quote: Lunarz
gta 6 please

Rockstar never shows up to E3 and even then they'd sooner release a trailer for RDR2 since that's actually coming this fall.
#40 Posted: 03:05:01 30/04/2017
Is it safe to say Valve will never develop the games we want because Steam never stops printing them money? I think that's a reasonable bet. Besides, wouldn't most of the core dev team for Half-Life and Portal have moved on by now? <.<;
---
#41 Posted: 19:50:01 01/05/2017
I forgot Valve even made games tbh.
---
Check this out! Please?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me