First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Year 2 Imaginators fan boy dreams
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#51 Posted: 15:21:20 07/09/2017
And nominating yourself on the sole grounds of "I have ideas for the next Skylanders game!" isn't going to garner much faith from the shareholders to vote you in, either. You'd basically need a drawn-out plan to make them richer if you want other people to vote for you. More of what they've already been doing (and making less money per year on) isn't that plan.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#52 Posted: 21:35:42 07/09/2017
To kind of continue my actual fan boy dreams
1. 10-20 new senseis (including something to cover the empty slot that the Light and Dark elements and the Quickshot and Bazooker classes)
2. about 10-20 new villains (these are my hopes at this point)
LIFE
Broccoli Guy (Sorcerer)
Cuckoo Clocker (Sentinel)
WATER
smilie (Sentinel)
Brawl and Chain (Swashbuckler)
AIR
smilie (Ninja)
Krankenstein (Smasher)
DARK
smilie (Brawler)
Fisticuffs (Smasher)
LIGHT
smilie (Knight)
Cross Crow (Bowslinger)
FIRE
smilie (Swashbuckler)
Grinnade (Ninja) [Note: I AM aware that he cannot actualy "talk" but maybe he can get an artifical voice...considering Hood Sickle and Blastertron have different voices than in Trap Team)
UNDEAD
Eye Five (Brawler)
Eye Scream (Bazooker)
MAGIC
Rage Mage (Bowslinger)
Masker Mind (Sorcerer)
EARTH
Mab Lobs (Knight)
Chomp Chest (Quickshot)
TECH
Bomb Shell (Bazooker)
Threatpack (Quickshot)
3. A new sub story mode
4. An ACTUAL Sentinel Doomlander bossfight
5. 9 new Crystal molds [I'm sorry game developers; but I think it is a bit awkward having Life having four different molds while the other nine got three each]
6. New Imaginators Parts
7. smilie as a Sensei
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:08 08/09/2017 by SkylandrPurists
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#53 Posted: 23:40:19 07/09/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
And nominating yourself on the sole grounds of "I have ideas for the next Skylanders game!" isn't going to garner much faith from the shareholders to vote you in, either. You'd basically need a drawn-out plan to make them richer if you want other people to vote for you. More of what they've already been doing (and making less money per year on) isn't that plan.

That's funny. I wasn't suggesting you can just put your hand up and be picked. It takes YEARS of experience to become the type of person who would get elected onto the board of a substantial public company. You would most likely have owned and run your own companies and then been elected onto the board of a number of smaller concerns. You could get yourself elected onto the board of a smaller company that Activision might want to acquire, that could work too.

But you don't need to be a shareholder. Typically receiving shares is part of the remuneration package that board members would be offered. It's a good incentive to ensure that the board members are trying to increase the value of those shares.

So it would take many, many years but hey if some of you younger fans start now, then maybe in 30 years time if Activision is still going you can get on the board and try to persuade the other board members that Skylanders 7 would be a huge winner.

So off you go, get to it ... I don't mind waiting ...
#54 Posted: 17:14:30 08/09/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot
Quote: McMurderpaws

That's funny. I wasn't suggesting you can just put your hand up and be picked. It takes YEARS of experience to become the type of person who would get elected onto the board of a substantial public company. You would most likely have owned and run your own companies and then been elected onto the board of a number of smaller concerns. You could get yourself elected onto the board of a smaller company that Activision might want to acquire, that could work too.

Or, as I initially suggested, just buy enough stock to vote yourself onto the board, which is the quickest and only guaranteed way for someone without a significant amount of business experience to get there. smilie
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#55 Posted: 20:59:43 08/09/2017
Here's an idea: instead of buying a large amount of Activision stock, just buy the rights to the Skylanders franchise and produce a game yourself. This likely would cost less money, especially if they were planning on terminating Skylanders anyway. You might even be able to get VV or TfB to work on it (I can't remember whether or not Activision owns them.)

Also, referencing McMurderpaws' last post, what if there is someone here with a significant amount of business experience?
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:42 08/09/2017 by Xjmmjbn
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#56 Posted: 21:45:32 08/09/2017 | Topic Creator
If a person bought the rights for skylanders does that gives the person the rights to use sky-spyro and sky-crash or are their names tide to their own franchises ?
#57 Posted: 23:04:03 08/09/2017
I can't speak for all publishers, but they're generally pretty loathe to sell of old IPs, even if they don't plan to ever use them again.

I tried to get involved in 2012 when the MMORPG City of Heroes was shut down by its publisher, NCSucks--sorry, Soft--they refused to sell the IP unless someone paid them as much as the game had already earned in 8 continuous years of service. It was complete bull****.

They had multiple offers. GENEROUS offers. Ones that were higher than the property was honestly worth.

Instead, they stuffed the game in a vault for five years and then (badly) adapted two of its original characters, Statesman and Ghost Widow, to their *****y MOBA that recently came out in an effort to try and coax people who started boycotting them over the way the handled the shutdown of CoH and other popular western-developed MMOs (Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault, etc).

Publishers are a necessary evil for game development to be a valid career, but they definitely suck. I honestly believe you could buy your way onto Activision's board for less than you could buy the Skylanders franchise away from them.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#58 Posted: 23:11:36 08/09/2017
IPs can get even more expensive because the company will name whatever price it wants. And Skylanders also has all the Guest Stars legal hurdles, plus buying Spyro which is going to be 'in' and profitable soon. The only chance(still a lot of money) is a company going under like THQ where Nordic just made a shopping spree on the IPs; but the one thing Acti is good at in the long run is keeping itself alive, which is underdtandable since they freed themselves from Vivendi, which is the Yog-Sothoth to their Satan.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:15 08/09/2017 by Bifrost
sunburnninja Yellow Sparx Gems: 1118
#59 Posted: 03:12:32 12/09/2017
Luminous, Nightshade, Pepperjack, Trap Chest (idk why, I just really liked him) as Senseis.

Spyro, Cinder, Sparx, and Malefor.

Online PvP that awards money.

Edit: Chomp Chest, not Trap Chest xD
---
Subscribe to join Team Sun Today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-I9N_yeZJSmhYTDu3lbSyg
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:55 12/09/2017 by sunburnninja
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#60 Posted: 11:10:33 12/09/2017
Quote: ladala
Things I wanted to be in Imaginators in the first place:
  • Quadrupedal/dragon based Imaginators

• If Gulp is any indication, there's no reason we can't get a quadrupedal Bazooker class character, and I'd honestly love to see one.
    First | Page 2 of 2
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me