Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Any Tips for a player trying to recollect everything?
Page 1 of 1
Any Tips for a player trying to recollect everything?
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#1 Posted: 21:17:50 16/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Title.

Note: I am willing to get used figures for almost everything. [The exception being the variant villain traps.]

I got rid of most my collection, which was a big mistake. I am now trying to get everything back. (No Chase Variants, don't want to deal with that.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:04 16/04/2017 by SoulfulWolf
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 22:19:38 16/04/2017
One hint I can give is to search every single place you can. Don't think a store won't have anything because it's small. If it has any chance of selling something, go check it out. You may never know what you may find.

Also, be patient but cautious. Some figures loose value with time, others get more expensive. Make sure you know which ones you can wait, and which ones you need to grab as soon as possible.
---
Bruh
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#3 Posted: 15:28:13 17/04/2017
What all are you looking for?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 16:00:33 17/04/2017
Gamestop and Toys R Us for used figures. Go by drug stores like Walgreens and check in their toy sections. $5 Below (and similar stores) has had lots of them over time. Stock up at TRU when they have sales on old stock.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 16:09:16 17/04/2017
Gamestop stores stopped carrying used figures. They clearance them out around Thanksgiving, so it'll be pretty hard to find any.

Your best bet is buying a large collection off ebay and you'll instantly fill your collection in no time. Probably can get most for around $1 a pop these days. Traps probably will end up being the most expensive though as they seem to be in high demand and rarely can be found cheap.
---
Stay Cool!
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#6 Posted: 16:10:02 17/04/2017
If you live in Europe... CeX, trust me.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#7 Posted: 17:16:01 17/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: GinjaNinja
What all are you looking for?

Most anything that isn't a S1 figure, though I've almost completely caught up on Super Charpers and Imaginators.

Looking at my list:

SSA: I'm missing all 5 variant characters.

SG: Basically everything is missing. (Aside from 3 LC characters and S2 Cynder) And I need the Golden Cannon. (Do not need the Platinum Chest)

SSF: I'm missing most of Swap Force too. About 4/5th? I also need the UFO Hat Card.

STT: Missing everything but S2 Shroomboom, Winterfest Lobstar, Nitro HeadRush, and Legendary Deja Vu. Including 5/6th of the traps, needing all 6 villain variant traps, and all 3 Legendary Traps. (I'm not sure about the Yawn Traps)

SSC: Missing Power Blue Trigger Happy, Legendary BB Roller Brawler, Golden Hot Streak, and possibly E3 Hot Streak (I'm not sure about that one).

SI: From what's released; I'm missing a Dark Starter Pack, Candy Coated Chopscotch, and a mold of the Dark Creation Crystal. (The one with a round Crystal, not the Pyramid or the Cube.)

Otherwise, I'm crossing my fingers HeartBreaker Buckshot come out. And a side Note of living in the USA.
#8 Posted: 01:21:15 23/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Okay, so in doing this I'm trying to figure out exact numbers. I want to know what my final toy collection number will be by the time I re-get everything, and I was hoping someone could double check my math (according to the Wii U version [with no 'Special' Tags outside of Alt. Decos.]).

For SSA, we have; 32 Characters + 5 variants + 4 Level Pieces + 8 Magic Items + the Volcanic Vault = 50 Toys.

(Sidekicks not counted as they will be replaced by the Minis.)

For SG, we have; 48 Characters + 14 variants + 2 Battle Items + the Golden Cannon = 65 Toys (115 Total).

(Sidekicks not counted as they will be replaced by the Minis./Platinum Chest not counted as it has the same chip as Hidden Chest.)

For SSF, we have; 56 Characters + 19 variants + 2 Level Pieces + 6 Magic Items + the UFO Card? = 84 Toys (199 Total).

[Which leads me to a question. What does the UFO Hat Card do in Imaginators?]

For STT, we have; 57 Characters + 15 variants + 8 Eon's Elite + 55 Traps + 4 variant traps + 4 level pieces + 4 Magic Items + the legendary Hand of Fate = 148 Toys (347 Total).

(Easter Trap not counted as it's a chase variant./Variant Villains counted at the same time as their respective trap mold.)

For SSC, we have; 20 Characters + 14 variants + 6 Eon's Elite + 20 vehicles + 12 variant vehicles + 4 trophies = 76 Toys (423 Total).

[And another question. Do Jolly Bumble Blast, Springtime Trigger Happy, Kick-Off Countdown, and the UFO Hat still unlock through their figures in SSC? Or do you need to get them through other means? Does the UFO Hat do anything in SSC if that is the case?]

And finally, in SI, before year 2, we have; 31 sensei + 14 variants + 2 level pieces + 3 instant vehicles = 50 "Toys" (473 Total).

(Not including Creation Crystals, as they have their own separate collection menu./This is assuming HeartBreaker Buckshot will be released SOMEWHERE, EVENTUALLY, or at least end up online at some point like some Employee specific chase variants.)

The Creation Crystals should be at either 34 (including 3 Legendary Crystals), or 35 (if I get my hands on a Sir Hoodington, or a Sir Hoodington Card. I'm not sure how custom imaginator cards show up on the collection screen).

Total Including Creation Crystals (Pre-Year 2); 508 Possible "Toys". (505 Physical)

Edit: I forgot about the Imaginite Chest. They weren't counted either as they don't show up in the collection screen. Assuming you only have 1 of each (2 Blue because for some reason both CTT and LIM come with blue chest that store different parts [That still bothers me]), you can add 5 to that total of Physical Toys.

510 Physical Toys Possible. (Pre-Year 2)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:35 23/04/2017 by SoulfulWolf
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#9 Posted: 22:19:37 23/04/2017
Your fastest and easiest way is to do www.shopgoodwill.com
I got the whole spyro adventure collection of all 32 figures and play sets for 11.47 and 9.25 shipping
The only things I didnt get were regular warnado and sparx but it had Glow in the dark warnado score for 20.00 and change for all of it. Check it out and build your collection quick. Good luck and happy hunting or should I say bidding.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#10 Posted: 02:21:16 24/04/2017
Cool, I never new. Thanks for the tip, Trixster.

I just checked it out. Item ID # 39025131 has volcanic vault!
---
Any last wishes?
#11 Posted: 08:42:53 24/04/2017
Anytime. It is a great way to get a collection built fast and some times it is even way cheap to affordable without them big Ebay prices. This my haul from a month ago. 20 some bucks it was all series 1 spyros adventure and play sets with GITD Warnado and only missing sparx and regular warnado. Plus it had volcanic vault as well. Good luck This is what 4.5 lbs of skylanders looks like.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:48:15 24/04/2017 by trixster68
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#12 Posted: 15:28:04 25/04/2017
It's been my experiences that www.shopgoodwill.com ending prices are higher than Ebay at most times. I cannot ever find a bargain there. But then again the stuff I like is always rare and collectable toys, video games and comics. The same stuff other obsessed nerds want and pay though the nose for.
---
Stay Cool!
#13 Posted: 08:40:41 27/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I think I'll stick to ebay.

Update:

I did some scanning in on stuff I've re-gotten. My toy count is now 333 of the 473 goal. However, I noticed while scanning in, the S2 Flameslinger I got was partially broken. His ponytail, and possibly part of his blindfold were missing. His base is rather scuffed up too, with a bunch of white plastic scratches on the orange part below the flame. So, I'm mildly annoyed.

This is why I used to refused getting used skylanders when I did my original collection. But re-collecting everything, this isn't exactly an option when it comes to funds right now... I regret getting rid of my original collection so much. (Especially recalling that I CUT UP, and threw away the Target UFO Hat card...)

Should probably lower my collection goal to 470. Don't know if I'll ever get those Yawn Traps.

(Side Note: Creation Crystals are at 24/34.)

Edit:

I forgot to post this; I hate/am interested in these little oddities with the health bar portrait that I ran into while scanning the rebought 'labders in. Like Dark Sure Shot Stealth Elf showing Dark Ninja Stealth Elf's portrait. Or Birthday Bash Big Bubble Pop Fizz using his beta artwork, with the clown make up. (His get's especially weird, even reaching to the toy collection screen). Or Hoot Loop showing Enchanted Hoot Loop...

Edit 2: I went back to where I got the S2 Flameslinger. They had another one in much better condition, and in 1 piece. They let me do an exchange, and everything's good now.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:22:31 28/04/2017 by SoulfulWolf
#14 Posted: 10:59:01 27/04/2017
What ever works the best for you and good luck getting everything back. I hope that all of the toys you need come on back together so your sets will be complete. Happy hunting.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me