Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 41 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2001 Posted: 02:00:28 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh felt both honored and flattered to have Naga feel this grateful to her. She didn't have his power or influence, yet her friendship was more than enough for him.
"Well my dear, there really isn't anything I could ask for you. Seeing Sybil humiliated is more than enough... although... I still look forward to you hunting warblers again and bring me their eggs. You have no idea how much I miss those little hard snacks." Sholeh said, not forcing Naga or anything, but now that he made the offer, she made sure to let him know she was still interested in that idea.
"Oh, before I forget, just so you know, for future reference, Sybil isn't my leader. She just happens to have this insane political power over everybody." Sholeh pointed out, having taken slight offense to that comment, even though she knew Naga didn't mean it.

Sybil was now out of the swamp, but her mind was still as uneasy as ever. What was she suppose to tell everyone? Especially Rose? But more in particular, the warblers? They were going to feel like they brought Naga new prey for nothing. She loathed the idea of having a lifetime spent entertaining the sadistic snake, but what else could she do? What if she had said no? What would he had done? He did them a favor, but Sybil never imagined she would have to spend the rest of her life repaying it. She knew Naga was selfish, but now she has seen how much. What's worse, he has grown, and so has his appetite. Little did she know that it was only the beginning. With the island's amazing properties, he was going to grow more powerful than anyone ever imagines.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2002 Posted: 09:42:04 23/03/2018
"Oh you're going to pay!" Snow then jumped on Hinterland.
---
SC
#2003 Posted: 13:21:19 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Cole continued watching the cubs, letting them play to their heart's content. He then started to think that whatever training he gave to this cubs, he should try making it look more like playtime, but he was so serious and structured it was going to be hard for him. If only Mambo wasn't in his current mood.

Sybil passed nearby and almost went to the den to see the cubs, but she wasn't in the mood to see anybody, especially since she knew her distress was too noticeable and she didn't want anyone to ask her questions. She only wanted to be home, all alone, to get ready for the not so final game with the mighty python. While once a week seemed reasonable enough, it was too much for her. It was a game only Naga enjoyed. Why did he do this to her? She was indeed grateful that he went against the wolves and rescued Snow, but why did she have to repay the favor this way? She was thinking on what could she say to him to make him desist this decision, but she doubted he would see reasons. She has tried so hard to control him, but now she was realizing it was the other way around...
---
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#2004 Posted: 21:41:29 23/03/2018
ooc: i live im so sorry for disappearing like that alot of life going on. ill try to get back into it but if i cant i'll have to drop out anyone mind getting me up to speed?
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#2005 Posted: 22:22:00 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: I PMed you a recap. Not to worry my friend. We understand the circumstances of life can prevent us from doing many things. You can return any time you like smilie

Sybil returned home, pondering Naga's request and still wondering if there was something she could say to make him wish for something else without retaliation of his part. Sybil knew to well that all the python's help and respect in their deal was all due to his free will, nothing else. Despite growing bigger, that hasn't affected his stealth at all as she has just witnessed, and he could still be his silently deadly self if he so desired. So many things Sybil had to do in order to keep him happy and submissive! But clearly, there has to be a way to convince Naga to ask for something else, was there? Sybil knew it was time to put that mind of hers to work or face a lifetime of civet hunting...
---
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#2006 Posted: 23:17:51 23/03/2018
Crocux: *wakes up from a nap and chats with Jack who's keeping him up to date*
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#2007 Posted: 23:45:59 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
While Sybil was still nervous and Sholeh continued spending time with her dear friend, back at Hunted island, another fog was taking place, but that didn't stop Barloc from gathering a meeting.
"Alright! Attention! As you know by now, there is a new threat at the Haven. Wolves this time! Canines! Nobody is to go there! Get ready though, cause knowing Sybil, she'll probably bring somebody else here for protection. I have divided the habitats of our island to accommodate every visitor according to their category!" Barloc announced, readying his flock for new arrivals just in case Sybil did like she did with the cubs. Those were difficult weeks for Barloc, and he found out about his nephew and daughter's close friendship with them and wasn't happy about it. Despite Kali having convinced him not to scold them and also to accept predators if they seek refugee there, Barloc made sure they will be settled in a place far away from the flock AND from Whirlpool.

The flock was ready to obey. They knew the tension that the cubs brought to their leader, and wanted to make sure that didn't repeat itself again. After the meeting was adjourned, many of them felt sorry for the poor Haven residents. Unlike Barloc, they had no predjudge against them, not even the carnivores. They have heard about a Python threatening them, but it was the first time they have heard about the wolves. They felt so sorry for their island neighbors. Even after the Shadow threat was finally over, the poor fellows just couldn't catch a break.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2008 Posted: 00:38:24 01/04/2018
Quote: Felines
Sholeh felt both honored and flattered to have Naga feel this grateful to her. She didn't have his power or influence, yet her friendship was more than enough for him.
"Well my dear, there really isn't anything I could ask for you. Seeing Sybil humiliated is more than enough... although... I still look forward to you hunting warblers again and bring me their eggs. You have no idea how much I miss those little hard snacks." Sholeh said, not forcing Naga or anything, but now that he made the offer, she made sure to let him know she was still interested in that idea.
"Oh, before I forget, just so you know, for future reference, Sybil isn't my leader. She just happens to have this insane political power over everybody." Sholeh pointed out, having taken slight offense to that comment, even though she knew Naga didn't mean it.

"Of course.. of course my dear. You.. you are your own leader, my dear Sholeh, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And if the warblers ever become back at the menu, you will have more eggs than you will ever know what to do with. And I'm sure we're find many more ways to humiliate the poor politically minded wannabe that is Sybil. I'm sure right now that she is dreading the days and weeks of ahead-- and the weeks that will follow. One game after the other.," Naga replied looking Sholeh in the eye and envying the future game(s). He would do almost anything for the Mongoose all well taking pleasure in the little things.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2009 Posted: 01:23:17 01/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh smiled at his remark, convinced of his honesty and friendship with her. Never would she had imagined somebody would prefer her friendship over Sybil's. So many friends the civet took away from her that she was losing all hope in having a genuine companion before meeting Naga.
"I can imagine her now, whiskers trembling and fur standing to an end, possibly trying to find a way out of this favor." Sholeh hypothesized, not realizing how much she actually knew her former arch nemesis.
"Well, looking forward for tomorrow. You'll have to keep my presence a secret though. I don't want to make her nervous and make her an easy target... although I wonder if me watching her would motivate her to avoid you and prevent me from seeing her captured." Sholeh expressed, wondering what scenario would be the most likely. She imagined she had to try both if she wanted to know.

At her tree, Sybil was nervous as ever, and got worse for a while as the time went by, but even though she was worried about her lifelong destiny, she momentarily left her self pity and focused on the cubs. She wanted to help them train, not to mention she owed time to the beloved orcas. So much to do, and now, her time has been even more compromised with the python's dangerous activity being part of her life. It would only be a few hours a week, so it wasn't too bad, was it? After much brainstorming, Sybil doubted she will be able to convince Naga to ask for another reward, so she simply tried to learn to cope with it, no matter how much she hated it.
---
#2010 Posted: 02:29:28 01/04/2018
"Ah yes-- you know you would make an excellent schemer my dear. And don't worry, I won't reveal your presence until you wish it to be. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise after all, although it should be quite a sight regardless.," Naga then said adding to the devious statement. He gave a grim snake-like smirk as he thought about what he had started.

Elsewhere-- the cubs were keeping quite busy as Hunter laughed. "You got me sis, but not for long!," he said running towards a rock and planning an creative counter attack.
---
#2011 Posted: 02:50:27 01/04/2018
Snow playfully growled. She then pounced on him over the rock.
---
SC
#2012 Posted: 02:55:40 01/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Cole continued watching the cubs from a near distance, knowing that this form of roughhousing could also be considered a form of training. Sholeh continued with Naga, even thinking of spending the night there for the first time if he allowed her.
"Well, I just hope once a week is enough for you. Sybil isn't getting any younger and soon enough, she won't have the strength to entertain you." Sholeh said, almost as if giving him a warning. It was simply her trying to prolong the civet's suffering, but in part she was telling the truth. Sybil was actually older than Sholeh, but it always looked the other way around due to the mongoose's past bitterness. Ever since her friendship with Naga, Sholeh has been rejuvenating and was finally starting to appear her real age.

With the cubs playing, Sybil trying to sleep and Barloc giving rules to his flock, everything seemed to be getting calmer now. The orcas resumed the lives they once had long before the game ever began. Even though it had been very hard on them to break the routine they come to love so much, many of them were slowly adapting once more to the way things use to be. Some bear no ill will towards Sybil or any of the Haven residents, understanding their predicament, while others were still upset about the activity's cancelation. A selected few could care less on what happened to the Haven residents next. But among the varied pod, leader Jet had a constant companion. Dagger, who was now a teenager, has been spending more time with him than with his mother. He wanted to know everything about being leader, and he always watched with fascination how he kept everything under control. Despite his admiration, Dagger still wishes he could challenge Jet to a duel and win the orca crown. It was still his dream to lead the pod one day.
---
#2013 Posted: 20:41:15 01/04/2018
"You have a point my dear and I would say I'm surprised-- but I know you better than that. You wish to prolong her essence and ensure that she remains stuck in her fate as long as possible. And rest assured my dear Sholeh, I shall do all I can to not overtax her. For.. for the sake of the game and your entertainment of course.," Naga replied actually slightly pleased that Sholeh approved of his slight restraint on the matter. Deep inside, he hoped that once a week was just enough to satisfy the the cruel appetite of of his beloved Sholeh while maintaining some degree of mercy for the civet leader. And for now, he felt was successful. They had yet to see how well Sybil took to the continuous games though...
---
#2014 Posted: 21:01:09 01/04/2018
"I got you hunter!" Snow said as she jumped over the rock.
---
SC
#2015 Posted: 21:37:54 01/04/2018 | Topic Creator
At the ocean, Jet was patrolling as usual, and the tag-along Dagger following closely behind. Anybody could confuse them for master and apprentice.
"Mr. Jet, sir? I was wondering... you know, back when you first arrived here, you really seemed to hate Mr. Cairo. Now you are quite good friends. How could you learn to trust somebody you disliked before? Or mostly yet, how did you two ended up enemies in the first place?" Dagger asked, knowing the latter must've happened long before he was born. By the sound of his careful, monotonous tone, it sounded as if Dagger rehearsed that question many times before.

Quote: redwes
"You have a point my dear and I would say I'm surprised-- but I know you better than that. You wish to prolong her essence and ensure that she remains stuck in her fate as long as possible. And rest assured my dear Sholeh, I shall do all I can to not overtax her. For.. for the sake of the game and your entertainment of course.," Naga replied actually slightly pleased that Sholeh approved of his slight restraint on the matter. Deep inside, he hoped that once a week was just enough to satisfy the the cruel appetite of of his beloved Sholeh while maintaining some degree of mercy for the civet leader. And for now, he felt was successful. They had yet to see how well Sybil took to the continuous games though...

Sholeh had nothing but a nod to add to that comment, respecting and accepting Naga's decision to keep it at just once a week. That was quite noble of his part, particularly considering he had the freedom to do nearly anything he wanted, whether Sybil approved it or not.
"Well, I suppose it's settled then. I would go to Sybil's tree and see how she's handling thing, but I don't want her to be suspicious. I would ask to play another game, but it's getting late... mind if I... stay here tonight? You know, it'll be like a sleepover." Sholeh asked, this being the first time she asked to stay there until morning. If there was something she shared with Sybil, it was not liking this habitat. It was creepy and too damp for her taste, but this was her friend's home, and she believed that the key to a great friendship was understanding the other's way of life, including staying in their habitat.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:36 01/04/2018 by Felines
#2016 Posted: 21:46:28 01/04/2018
Ooc: mr. Dagger?

"That story is a long one. Well back then I was his rival. I knew I would never beat him but I think he was jealous of me and Sybil getting close so he gave me the position willingly without the traditional orca ways of earning it." Jet said. "He still doesn't like me but he respects me for what I've done for the haven."
---
SC
#2017 Posted: 21:56:13 01/04/2018
"Of course-- of course my dear. You know you are always welcome and-- and I wouldn't mind the company. You are free to stay here any time you like-- day or night. And you could never wish for a safer place to lay your head.," Naga responded to the request seeming more then willing to accommodate the mongoose. He started to circle Sholeh as he often did, but stopped halfway once again looking the mongoose in the eyes as if to reassure her. He was sure that Sybil wouldn't be entirely pleased with ever increasing presence of Sholeh, but she had already approved and her approval mattered naught anyway.\

Elsewhere-- Hunter gave a smirk and glanced at a distant rock. "Fair enough sis-- but want to see who is faster?," he asked.
---
#2018 Posted: 22:08:07 01/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Well, that's terrific. Just tell me where to sleep and it'll be all settled. Oh, but before I do, just let me go hunting, I like to sleep with a full stomach. And tomorrow, I'll help you with your own hunting. You just have to say what you want to eat and I'll help you get it." Sholeh said, Naga being the first and only being she would hunt for. Naga ate a lot, particularly since his menu consisted of very small creatures. She knew he needed all the help he could get so that he wouldn't have to spend too much energy hunting creatures that didn't provided him with too many nutrients in the end. She waited for his coils to stop surrounding her so that she could hunt a few lizards for herself. Sholeh felt quite safe around him, but she never had the heart to tell him she sometimes got a little nervous when he did that, especially since he was getting bigger every week and more intimidating.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Ooc: mr. Dagger?

"That story is a long one. Well back then I was his rival. I knew I would never beat him but I think he was jealous of me and Sybil getting close so he gave me the position willingly without the traditional orca ways of earning it." Jet said. "He still doesn't like me but he respects me for what I've done for the haven."

OOC: Yikes! Me and my mistakes smilie

Dagger wasn't sure if Cairo was really that cold to Jet, but if it was, he hasn't noticed. If it was the case, Cairo did well hiding it.
"Well, the reason we all listened to Sybil was because those were his orders. With time, she won over almost everyone, including my mom. She sure is kind, but can be a little bossy." Dagger explained, not liking to talk bad about her, but he felt enough freedom around Jet to express something like that.
---
#2019 Posted: 22:26:15 01/04/2018
"Well she allowed us to play with the residents and stay in the Haven warters and we agreed to protect and give rides to those in need."
---
SC
#2020 Posted: 22:41:14 01/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Well, yeah, of course, but the orca games didn't start only after you became the boss. And also, we didn't need her permission to stay in these waters. We just stayed here because we wanted to, not because she said so." Dagger explained, trying not to sound arrogant. Despite not disliking Sybil, he wasn't fond of the fact that so many orcas were so obedient to her, with his idol Jet being no exception. Orcas were the most powerful creatures at sea, even more so than sharks, so he found it humiliating on how they had to respond to a tiny little civet.
---
#2021 Posted: 23:14:18 01/04/2018
"Well we help because we want to." Jet said. "We are hunted as well and we want others to have a safe home.
---
SC
#2022 Posted: 23:38:53 01/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Hmm... yeah, I guess that's a good reason." Dagger said, wanting to desist this line of questioning. It was pretty obvious he had too much respect for the civet.
"It must've been hard for you doing... you know... eating her. I don't think I would've been able to pull something like that off. Lucky there was that grass. I can't believe you guys were smart enough to think of that ahead." Dagger said with admiration, having learned all the details about that vital day. Even more lucky that Jet was already friends with Sybil when that happened, given how loyal he was to Shadow once.
---
#2023 Posted: 00:10:45 02/04/2018
"Yes it was hard that day." Jet said. "I had to convince Shadow I was still on his side even though I wasn't."
---
SC
#2024 Posted: 00:18:14 02/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"I... suppose. Still, it was very smart." Dagger declared, finding it awesome how intelligent the plan was. He felt good talking things like these to Jet, although he wasn't ready to tell him he planned on challenging him for leadership one day. Dagger was quite an ambitious lad, and it was his dream to have a pod of his own, that answered only to him.
---
#2025 Posted: 01:27:16 02/04/2018
Jet smiled and looked at the pod. "Look at our pod they are happy even though the game has yet to resume."
---
SC
#2026 Posted: 01:39:34 02/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"... If it ever resumes." Dagger said in a low voice, doubting Sybil would want to continue that activity with everything that was happening. Even though the pod seemed mostly happy, he knew they some missed the game like him. Sybil shouldn't have ever brought such addicting activity to light in the first place.
---
#2027 Posted: 02:13:07 02/04/2018
"I'm sure it will. Plus miss Rose kids seemed eager to ply it especially Snow."
---
SC
#2028 Posted: 02:56:20 02/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Oh right, forgot about the fluffy cubs. Lady Rose was once that small, but I was very little so I barely remember." Dagger explained, being younger than a toddler when Rose first arrived at the Haven. So many things have happened since then.
---
#2029 Posted: 09:25:49 02/04/2018
"I can't wait for them to join in. But be gentle on their first time."
---
SC
#2030 Posted: 18:24:34 02/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Dagger nodded, willing to try. He was a teenager now and his strength was greater, and he didn't want to be scolded like his friend group.

Finally, night was beginning to show. After much restless turning, Sybil managed to get a shut eye. Cole was ever vigilant of the cubs, wishing he could stay with them, but his boss was in a delicate state and didn't want to leave him alone for too long.
"Mr. Sayan, Lady Rose. It's time for me to leave. The boss is still very depressed and I don't trust my sister to take care of him." Cole expressed, asking their permission to leave and return to his normal duties.
"I suggest the cubs sleep early this night. I want to start the training first thing in the morning." he added, taking very seriously his jobs, whether old or new.
---
#2031 Posted: 21:00:48 02/04/2018
"You may. I want the old Mambo back." Rose said showing how she missed his playful spirit.
---
SC
#2032 Posted: 21:39:49 02/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Cole left, wanting to help as best as he could tomorrow. Mambo was depressed and Sybil was stressful, meaning there was much work ahead for him.

In less than an hour, the sun has disappeared behind a mountain. The pod rested, the warbler's slept and the keas kept watch. Sybil slept for almost an hour, but then returned to just dozing off, too worried about what has befallen her. She felt guilty for worrying too much about Naga, when the real threat at the moment were the wolves. But still, she couldn't help it, not especially after the lifetime of repayment he demanded. Naga has grown since the last time she saw him, maybe not by much, but the change was big enough to be noticeable. And finding that shed skin made matters worse. If a snake did that it meant that they were growing, and that was a process Naga was going through constantly. The Haven is small, with limited prey, and Sybil couldn't help but wonder for how long this island could sustain both him and the rest of the carnivorous Haven residents if he continued to grow the way he was, not to mention that with his overwhelming size, he was going to cause much pain to her every time he hunted her...
---
#2033 Posted: 08:04:56 04/04/2018
"Well, that's terrific. Just tell me where to sleep and it'll be all settled. Oh, but before I do, just let me go hunting, I like to sleep with a full stomach. And tomorrow, I'll help you with your own hunting. You just have to say what you want to eat and I'll help you get it." Sholeh said, Naga being the first and only being she would hunt for. Naga ate a lot, particularly since his menu consisted of very small creatures. She knew he needed all the help he could get so that he wouldn't have to spend too much energy hunting creatures that didn't provided him with too many nutrients in the end. She waited for his coils to stop surrounding her so that she could hunt a few lizards for herself. Sholeh felt quite safe around him, but she never had the heart to tell him she sometimes got a little nervous when he did that, especially since he was getting bigger every week and more intimidating.

Naga gave a nod and stopped coiling, giving the mongoose a chance to 'escape' to go hunting as requested. And by the time Sholeh returned, he knew what to do about the sleeping arrangements. He soon found a large empty log perfectly big enough for a mongoose queen and, using his large body, dragged the log underneath a large cracked tree-- and once his favorite spots to rest. The tree had large split roots towards the bottom, leaving a perfect spot for a nice large log. And up above, the tree itself split open leaving amble room for a growing python to slumber while staying away from the ground itself. At some point, lighting had probably struck the tree and the tree itself had long been dead.

'Yes... yes this will work. You can have sweet sweet dreams my dear Sholeh. All while I keep a watchful eye above.,' he thought to himself suspecting that his beloved Sholeh wouldn't be quite as comfortable up above. This arrangement ensured that his dear friend wouldn't be far from his 'grasp' while keeping the mongoose more 'comfortable' in the process. And if any wolves or other intruders wished to interrupt their night, it would only take a moment for his long camouflaged body to get between them and and his frequent guest.

MEANWHILE...
Finally, night was beginning to show. After much restless turning, Sybil managed to get a shut eye. Cole was ever vigilant of the cubs, wishing he could stay with them, but his boss was in a delicate state and didn't want to leave him alone for too long.
"Mr. Sayan, Lady Rose. It's time for me to leave. The boss is still very depressed and I don't trust my sister to take care of him." Cole expressed, asking their permission to leave and return to his normal duties.
"I suggest the cubs sleep early this night. I want to start the training first thing in the morning." he added, taking very seriously his jobs, whether old or new.

"Farewell Cole and thank-you for watching over the cubs.," Sayan said with a nod relieving Cole of his duty. As he watched the kids race, he knew that it was time to call it. "kids! I'm afraid we'll have to call it a night-- finish up your game and get some sleep. Your training starts tomorrow.," he called out.

"Aw... must we? Well-- at least I'll prove that I'm faster first. Right sis?," Hunter said with a smirk as the two took off.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 10:58:30 04/04/2018 by redwes
#2034 Posted: 09:47:16 04/04/2018
"I bet I'm faster than you Hunter!" Snow said.
---
SC
#2035 Posted: 10:53:17 04/04/2018
"Only one way to find out-- ready sis? Three.. two... One...," Hunter exclaimed preparing to take off...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:59:42 04/04/2018 by redwes
#2036 Posted: 13:49:05 04/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh looked a little awed by the strange arrangement Naga made for her. He really appreciated her if he went after that much trouble. She was used to sleeping above the ground, but there was no way he would rebuff this nice gesture. Sholeh had managed to hunt a really large lizard, and with a full belly and the warm darkness of the log, she managed to catch sleep very easily. She was glad that Naga thought ahead and slept at a distance above her, for as fond as she was of him, she wasn't going to sleep near him and risk the python accidentally smothering her.

The night went smoothly for nearly everyone at the Haven, with a little drizzle now and then. Despite not liking that place, Sholeh slept surprisingly well, without interruptions. Sybil also managed to sleep pleasantly for many hours, but afterwards, she started to dream. She was old and frail, barely able to move, and yet she was still there at Naga's territory, the snake awaiting eagerly for her to entertain him. But his demeanor changed when he saw how weak she was, and knowing that she won't provide a challenge anymore, he backed his head to strike... for real this time. Before he could capture her, Sybil opened her eyes, a little disturbed by the unpleasant dream, but glad that she woke up before it could really turn nightmarish. It was still a couple of hours before dawn, and having nothing to do, she tried to empty her mind and massage herself to help her sleep again.
"Oh Trico. If only you could come. I really need someone to talk to..." Sybil whispered as she lied down to sleep again, needing to get her new situation off her chest. She didn't want to tell anyone in the Haven about her lifelong task, not Rose, not even the trustworthy Peepers, wanting to keep it a secret for as long as she could to avoid causing worry for her and disdain towards the python for putting her through this.
---
#2037 Posted: 20:18:35 04/04/2018
"I'm always here with you Sybil." Trico said.
---
SC
#2038 Posted: 00:26:23 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Well... since you're always with me, I suppose you know..." Sybil said, knowing that Trico could see at least most of her outside life.
"What am I going to do? What can I say? I don't want to spend the rest of my life entertaining that snake. I know I said I will reward him, but I never though his request would be this much. It's all my fault for suggesting that infernal game in the first place. Why do I have to be such a goody goody?" Sybil ventilated, despising how her attempts to be benevolent to everybody usually resulted in a painful outcome.
---
#2039 Posted: 01:08:58 05/04/2018
"Because your desire to help others in need." Trico said.
---
SC
#2040 Posted: 01:17:37 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"I know... but Naga... well, he wasn't exactly needed. I was just doing him a favor..." Sybil pointed out, upset how Naga was abusing her good nature. Although if she was honest to herself, she knew deep inside she initially did it to keep him happy and bound to his promise of not hunting warblers. She was facing the bitter reality that it was being him the one who was in control.
---
#2041 Posted: 01:22:36 05/04/2018
"Well he did save the Cubs. But I understand maybe if you convince him to give you a break at least once or twice a week." Trico said.
---
SC
#2042 Posted: 01:29:13 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Well, the game is just once a week, which I know it's somewhat reasonable... but I just hate it so much! Naga's teeth are quite sharp. He doesn't impale, but it still hurts a little. Not only that, instead of a simple catch and release, he'll squeeze as well, sometimes harder than usual. He enjoys that part. You have seen how big he has become! And... I just know he'll upkeep growing and every catch will hurt me more." Sybil complained, that being another concern she couldn't take off her mind. Snakes grew all their life, and Naga was growing at an alarming rate, with no indication of stopping...
---
#2043 Posted: 01:36:38 05/04/2018
"Well perhaps we can Change how he plays it? Instead of using his tenth and coils he could just try to tag you with his nose?"
---
SC
#2044 Posted: 01:44:09 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil didn't think it was a bad idea, but it was probably an irrational one.
"Eh... I don't think he'll agree to that. Let's just say he's a little... sadistic. He needs to motivate his hunting skills, which is why he uses me as practice. Similar to how it was done with the orcas, you know? Mr. Naga says he also does it to help me, but I have my doubts. Couldn't hurt to try I guess." Sybil commented, perplexed at her situation and on how much she was letting it get to her. She didn't like bringing Trico into this, but he was the only one she could talk to and share secrets with.
---
#2045 Posted: 01:49:41 05/04/2018
"I'm sure he'll agree. But if he doesn't maybe some kind of protection?"
---
SC
#2046 Posted: 03:52:09 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Protection..." Sybil repeated, finding that the better idea, but wondered what could she possibly use for that. She had morning and new to think about it.

Talking with Trico made Sybil feel much better. However, even though she was worried about herself, she was also worried about Naga's unstoppable growth.
"Perhaps I'll do that. I wonder though, if I'm doing the right thing with Mr. Naga. Sure, he saves the cubs and he's very polite, plus he left the wolf to ally with us, but even with limited prey, he's growing so fast..." Sybil expressed with concern, wondering if the sudden growth meant he had hunted a few wolves in the two weeks she hasn't seen him. With size came appetite, which was the civet's biggest worry.
---
#2047 Posted: 20:04:18 05/04/2018
"Yes that will be of consern. But for now let's just be happy he's on our side."
---
SC
#2048 Posted: 20:25:29 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Yeah, I guess. Still, I hope he doesn't get a big head about it." Sybil said with a mix of joke and seriousness, knowing that she has let Naga room for growth. Not only was she keeping him happy, she was expanding his diet, and now that the wolves were included, the faster he was going to grow and become more powerful, perhaps even more so than animals like Sozen and Crocux themselves.
---
#2049 Posted: 05:15:13 08/04/2018
"I hope so too. Especially with Ender with him." Trico said.
---
SC
#2050 Posted: 13:42:09 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
"Yeah... wait, what do you mean Ender? His guardian? What does he have to do with anything?" Sybil asked startled, Trico making it sound like Ender was cause of worry. But wasn't he the one protecting him and somewhat keeping him at bay? Sybil started to fade away, indication that she was going to wake up soon, so she expected an answer quickly...

Still an hour left before morning, yet things were still calm. The only ones waking up were some of the keas, whom being nocturnal, loved to take advantage of some of the darkness. The ones keeping watch however, were starting to fall asleep. The warblers never woke up in the middle of the night, being terrified of the dark and not wanting to navigate it. Sholeh was still sleeping in the log Naga so kindly placed for her, but she was tossing and turning constantly, this place being too different from the little tree spot she called home. A little fog formed in the swamp, courtesy of the drizzle that fell a few hours ago, but it was nothing to be concerned about.
---
First | Previous | Page 41 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me