Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 31 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1501 Posted: 20:55:20 16/12/2017
AJ: Leaning against the tree, I nod. Pointing my paw further into the depths of the outback, I speak. "Yeah, after they dealt with me, they went, that way. I know, I just thought... I wanted to help them. I couldn't just sit there, while those cowards ran off with my nephew and niece. Still, I guess...." Sighing, I slowly make my way out of the outback and toward my tree. Blood drips onto the ground as I make my way home. Truth be told, I'm lucky to be alive, but, I had to do something.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1502 Posted: 21:05:40 16/12/2017
Soon the wolf lead Sybil deep into the unexplored part of the forest. There were wolves her and there looking and sniffing the air. They soon came to Anue who was sitting on a high rock with a bigger wolf besides her. "Welcome miss Sybil. I assume Night took care of you?" She said with a couple snickers and giggles from the others. Night then pushed Sybil.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1503 Posted: 21:23:52 16/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil almost tripped, but managed to use her own claws to keep her snout off the ground. She then glared at Anue.
"My, what an enigma this has turned out to be. Just yesterday you saved me from being a croc's meal and now you're kidnapping innocent children for an overwhelming ransom." Sybil said with a frown, having eliminated all the positive views she was starting to have of Anue. There she was, surrounded by an entire pack of wolves she didn't even know existed until a while ago, deciding her fate and that of the cubs..l

Quote: Wyrstel
AJ: Leaning against the tree, I nod. Pointing my paw further into the depths of the outback, I speak. "Yeah, after they dealt with me, they went, that way. I know, I just thought... I wanted to help them. I couldn't just sit there, while those cowards ran off with my nephew and niece. Still, I guess...." Sighing, I slowly make my way out of the outback and toward my tree. Blood drips onto the ground as I make my way home. Truth be told, I'm lucky to be alive, but, I had to do something.

Mambo helped AJ go home, wishing him good luch and giving him a large leaf to tend to his wounds before heading his way and lead Rose and Sayan to where Sybil was last seen. Even though he was with the pair right now, he wondered how AJ was managing himself. It was brave but reckless what he tried to do, and could've easily been killed.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1504 Posted: 23:30:09 16/12/2017
"Silence! Respect our leader and my mate!" The bigger wolf next to Anue said with a deep voice.

"Oh it's ok Alpha. She can say what she wishes." Anue said with a smirk. "Tell you what I'll let that slide for now. As for our little demand what is your answer?"
---
SC
#1505 Posted: 23:59:23 16/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil wasn't ready to answer that question, so instead, she needed to know from Anue herself why this cruel ransom.
"I created this Haven so that many of us have a chance in life and live away from one common enemy... humans..." Sybil said with a brief pause, before continuing.
"I made many sacrifices and faced many enemies in order to keep this sanctuary together, and you all come like a bunch of selfish dictators resorting to coward measures to banish all of those who finally had a chance in happiness?!" Sybil lectured furiously, sputtering uncontrollably. She knew the desperate situation she was in, but she really needed to let all that pack know what a bunch of egocentric, bumbling beasts they were. Her anger overcome her fear, and she couldn't believe someone that appeared benevolent like Anue could do such an awful action.
---
#1506 Posted: 01:33:46 17/12/2017
"I do not need your lecture!" She turned to another wolf. "Bring the cubs!"

"Let me go!" Snow said before being dropped to the ground and then a wolf pinned her head down with a paw as well as Hunter.

"Now answer my question before I decide to kill them!" Anue said.
---
SC
#1507 Posted: 12:51:09 17/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil looked at them and realized no amount of words will be enough to convince these wolves to retreat.
"Fine. We'll leave." she answered bluntly, but before waiting for a reply, there was something else she needed to know.
"Just tell me one other thing... does Mr. Naga knows about what you're doing?" Sybil asked, afraid of the answer. If it turned out he was involved, then all of her efforts to entertain and befriend him and trying to make his life as pleasant as possible would've been a waste of time for her...

At the outback, Warren managed to find a pack of dingoes relatively fast. He wasn't very brae and was afraid to question them, but with a few breaths, he landed close to them... or his definition of close. The pack stared at him.
"We have no scraps for you!" one of the dingoes said, because why else would a vulture would go so near them?
"Please, Imm not here for food. I... just need to know... if..." Warren said nervously, before finally asking them about the rumors. They turned out to be partially true, and even though the dingoes were kind to him, they could be of no help. They did clashed with wolves for prey, but the occasions were very rare. They lived in very different habitats, and the dingoes had no idea where this pack lived. As long as they stayed away from them, they didn't care, prompting a disappointed Warren to leave and tell the bad news for the distressed parents.
---
#1508 Posted: 16:07:58 17/12/2017
"Of course he does." Anue said. "He's actually apart of this." She said. "Now we will let these two go as long as everyone leaves. No tricks or spy's or we will kill them!"
---
SC
#1509 Posted: 18:11:06 17/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil gave a glare so disdainful that she only wished she could've been a much bigger animal to take care of all these treacherous beasts. Before leaving however, she asked one last question;
"How will I know you'll keep the end of the bargain once we leave?" she asked, imagining Anue wasn't planning to give the cubs right away or maybe even after they are gathered at the beach to leave...
---
#1510 Posted: 18:32:23 17/12/2017
"Here you may have this one." Anue let Hunter go. "And I mean it! No rescue attempts as well."
---
SC
#1511 Posted: 18:47:45 17/12/2017 | Topic Creator
That was just part of the bargain. But now Sybil knew she had to be very careful about her next moves or they will lose Snow.
"Let's go Hunter." Sybil said, holding him tightly and preventing him from talking or trying to rescue his sister. These next hours will be vital, and she knew it too well. But she wasn't going to let it go just like this. If there was something she was good at, it was formulating plans, so she knew there must be a way to have Snow returned to them while at the same time remain in that place they called home. She wasn't going to let a bunch of selfish wolves leave so many homeless and destroy that which she spent so much time to create.

Warren reached Rose and Sayan by this time, and gave him the bad news.
"I'm really sorry friends. I tried my best. I was lucky the dingoes were polite enough, but it seems like they only have a bit of rivalry with those wolves. They don't know where they came from or where they live." the vulture explained, hitting himself for not being more helpful than that.
---
#1512 Posted: 19:00:15 17/12/2017
"No it's ok Warren. You did your best."
---
SC
#1513 Posted: 19:26:48 17/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil walked with Hunter without looking back, leading him to his parents.
"Don't worry Hunter. We'll get your sister back." she assured, hyoerventilating with anger. However, when she spotted Rose and Sayan, instead of taking them directly to them, she instructed the cub to go to them.
"Now Nunter, go to your mamma and papa... I... have something to do." Sybil said, turning his back to him and running directly to Naga's territory again. She was so furious with the snake, she didn't care that he was bigger and much dangerous. There were too many things she had to say to him...
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1514 Posted: 21:49:29 17/12/2017
Quote: Felines
Cole didn't know how to answer that, but he did have a few theories of his own. Speckles a questions were valid, and he understood his frustration.
"We don't know yet where they come from, but remember that this island is much bigger than it appears. There are some spots that we can't visit. I doubt those wolves came through orca whales..." Cole expressed, knowing the orcas always told Sybil when new residents arrived. Was it possible there were rival orcas? After all, the python came through one as a revenge from Shadow. Could it be that he was also responsible for these wolves? If not...

"Perhaps... if the wolves didn't came through the orcas, maybe... maybe they come from beyond the outback? Remember that it is unexplored territory." Cole hypothesized, not dismissing it as a possibility, but if that was the case, did the wolves cross the whole outback? The place seemed huge and endless from they were standing, so he didn't think it was that likely. Speckles was right. Where did they come from and how come nobody notice them until now?

Exasperated, Speckles sighed again. "If they did come from the island, why did they wait until now to bother us? We've been here for years now; why didn't they come sooner? And we obviously didn't know about them, so we couldn't have done them any wrong." He squeezed his arms tight. "Maybe... m-maybe it's just a group of... rogues? Or rowdy teenagers wanting to stir up trouble?" he whimpered, hoping and begging to any higher power that such a thing was the case. It would be better than a whole pack of hostile wolves. He couldn't imagine having to deal with another war, especially with the serpents' and cats' kids around.
#1515 Posted: 22:01:34 17/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Cole was likewise frustrated by the constant obstruction of peace, but there wasn't anything else to do.
"We really don't know anything about these wolves, or why are they acting like this. I suppose we'll find out soon enough, but trust me on this one, if they want trouble, they will pay dearly for it." Cole assured, knowing there were many residents like the elephants, a tiger, a leopard, and the now returning Crocux, that could give those wolves a very hard time. All they wanted was peace. Why was that so hard for many animals to comprehend? It's almost as if Shadow has indeed cursed the island, even after his permanent absence.
---
#1516 Posted: 00:19:24 18/12/2017
AJ: As I see Sybil and Hunter leaving the forest together I manage a small smile. At least one of them was safe, but still Snow was still out there, I had to get her back. As soon as Sybil has vanished into the trees again, I head back in, taking another route toward the wolves's home. I was going to exchange myself for Snow. They would have no reason to worry about me escaping as I am far too injured to do so. In fact they can probably smell the blood from my wounds, as I speak. Following the wolves's tracks, I search for their den. Sybil and others may lecture me when all of this is said and done, but I don't care. All that matters is Snow and Hunter's safety, even at the cost of mine, even at the cost of my own freedom. The pack will most likely find me, before I find them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:40:12 18/12/2017 by Wyrstel
#1517 Posted: 01:33:33 18/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Nobody knows where the wolves live Wyrstel.

While Sybil returned to Naga's territory trying to find the right words to confront him, Sholeh was at her spot in AJ's tree, having seen how Mambo brought the injured margay. Although she was a bit fond of him, she decided to let heal by himself. She has already heard about some wolves kidnapping Rose and Sayan's cubs, and even though she hasn't heard Anue's name yet, she suspected she had something to do with it. She wasn't going to find out though, cause knowing those stupid warblers, they would probably think she had something to do with it all, cause they always find the lamest excuses to blame mongooses for their home's misfortunes and feed their own racism.
---
#1518 Posted: 03:24:20 18/12/2017
OOC: I'm still going to try. I care dearly for Snow and Hunter. If I can ensure Snow's safe return to her parents and my friends, Rose and Sayan, through my imprisonment, I will.
#1519 Posted: 03:31:09 18/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Better.

After wandering around for a while, Sybil tried to remain calm. She really wanted to yell at Naga, but she knew he could do a great deal of harm to her if she came up too rude. He seemed like the proud bunch.
"Naga!? NAGA!" she called, still too angry at his involvement, a.though she wanted to believe it was all a lie. She left the Mr. part of his name out, given she wasn't in the mood to address him with a title.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:07 18/12/2017 by Felines
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1520 Posted: 10:56:45 20/12/2017
OOC: Apologies for the delay. Let's just say I got a little too caught up in Skyrim VR and other cool gifts! smilie smilie

Quote: Felines
Sybil walked with Hunter without looking back, leading him to his parents.
"Don't worry Hunter. We'll get your sister back." she assured, hyoerventilating with anger. However, when she spotted Rose and Sayan, instead of taking them directly to them, she instructed the cub to go to them.
"Now Nunter, go to your mamma and papa... I... have something to do." Sybil said, turning his back to him and running directly to Naga's territory again. She was so furious with the snake, she didn't care that he was bigger and much dangerous. There were too many things she had to say to him...

"Hunter! Wait-- where is your sister?!," Sayan exclaimed excited about their son's return but still very much worried for the still missing Snow. Hunter quickly explained what had had happened and how some sort of 'deal' had been made by Sybil. "I'm sure she had plan and even if.. even if I have to go myself-- we'll get our daughter back. We're get your sister back Hunter. That I swear...," he then said after waiting to hear the whole tale.

Meanwhile, Naga's territory remained ever so quiet-- even more so than usual. For once in his life, the usually proud Naga was actually quite unsure of his actions or lack therefore of-- even more so than before. Back when he had first met the wolves and they agreed upon the series of long-term events that were just now catching up to the Haven, he was very much in-between places and hadn't yet (intentionally or unintentionally) established new 'friendships', relations, and connections that he was growing to become very fond of. He was still unsure of much of his discussions and while there some that he didn't regret in the slightest, the whole situation with the cubs and Sybil had grown inside him like a virus or some otherwise unwanted infection. He knew to had to eventually come out and that if he wanted certain things to remind the same-- that he may soon have to turn on the so-called plan that initually ruled much of his 'early' decisions.

"Shh... I'm here. I know you have been waiting and I suspect-- I suspect that we have much to discuss. I trust you have heard about the cubs by now and the wolf's so-called plan to rid the Haven of so-called 'outsiders?," a familiar voice soon said as the same familiar shadow soon emerged in the usual slow fashion the large serpent seemed quite fond of. Although, perhaps intentionally, Naga remained but a shadow obscuring much of his details unlike many of their previous encountered. 'The wolves' time has come and gone-- and there shall be a new victor in this game of pawns. It has been coming and it is time. It is time for action.,' he thought to himself and to ender. Or perhaps he was simply rehearsing a possible comeback or some other proud-sounding comment. Atlas, he waited for a response.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1521 Posted: 14:14:58 20/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Don't worry my friend. We waited. I imagine you also had fun in your weekend parties? smilie

Sybil seemed frustrated by not being to see Naga and not getting a direct response, but based on what he just said, it meant that he at least knew about this cowardly plan. She was wise enough to know not to be too disrespectful to Naga and tempt her luck, so after regaining her composure, she replied;
"I managed to recover one of the cubs, but now only one remains. She will kill her if I don't leave the Haven along with everybody else I invited. Just when I was starting to like her..." Sybil added scornfully before continuing...
"She wants all of us to leave and let only you be here. This place that we call home and spent so much time keeping together. Please... if... if you're not part of this... please... help me recover Snow..." Sybil begged, finding it so hard to use those words. She highly suspected him of being part of the plan given how he knew about the cub's kidnapping and because Anue would make an exception with him, but even with that, she tried in this moment of vulnerability to appeal to his soft side and dared to beg for his help.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:46:56 20/12/2017 by Felines
#1522 Posted: 22:29:42 20/12/2017
"perhaps this is a turning point? We should help get that cub back." Ender said.

Rose hugged Hunter tightly and started to cry. She was still worried about Snow. She looked to Sayan. We must get her back."
---
SC
#1523 Posted: 23:10:46 20/12/2017
OOC: Yes-- my sister came down and that is always fun. smilie

"Agreed. She is our daughter and we will not let them get away with this.," Sayan said briefly looking off into the distance.

As Sybil desperately begged for help, Naga remained silent if only for a brief moment. 'Yes... perhaps we should. And perhaps it is time for a new plan, a different plan, and one of my own creation.,' Naga thought to himself and to Naga. He soon turned his attention back towards the desperate civet leader even revealing a little bit of himself as he spoke. "Yes-- I shall help you. And regardless of what may or may not have happened-- the wolf's plans... Anue's plans must come to a end. The cub's safety must be ensured and your residents are very much... very much welcome to remain on this so-called Haven. As long-- as long as we can continue to accommodate each other, I see no reason for that change. Not now and certainly not because of one wolf.," he then said seemingly making up his mind and dedicating himself to the new cause. Or so it seemed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:41 20/12/2017 by redwes
#1524 Posted: 00:23:58 21/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil got a bit startled, not because of what he said. It was the tone of voice. Even with a help offer, Naga sounded sinister, especially when he said accommodating. What did he meant by that? Sybil feared he would demand some sort of reward for his help later, and she cringed to think what could it be. That was of no priority for now. She was glad she was able to convince him to help, even if it would cost her afterwards, but Snow's rescue was too priority right now. Sybil would worry about the rest later. For now, it was time for a rescue operation.
"Alright... so... it's settled. I kinda remember where they live, but I suppose you do too. You are the best when it comes to stealth and camouflage. Maybe you can retrieve Snow without having to fight the wolves. I doubt they would expect you to go against them. So, you enter their den and I'll try to distract the guards from a distance." Sybil explained, having no idea how to pull that off, but she would think of it along the way...
---
#1525 Posted: 02:35:55 21/12/2017
"Yes-- yes I remember and I also recall that Anue has quite the pack behind her. By now, they most definitely would've had the opportunity to expand their numbers and.. and it'll take more than just you or me to take them. Now-- now are you right when it comes my own particular talents as you have very much experienced for yourself. That being said, you alone serving as a distraction may only serve to get yourself captured in the process and she will most certainly hold you for ransom so as to get the others to abide by her demands-- or worse. And that, my dear Sybil, would be an absolute shame and certainly not the ideal outcome.," Naga said seeming to what to ensure the Civet's continued survival for better or worse.

"Here's.. here's what I propose. We proceed with the first part as planned-- I retrieve the cub using my stealth and if necessary violence. While it is unlikely that I will fail, we will have the initial surprise and should have the advantage. Meanwhile, you proceed as planned but this time you won't be alone. Thank of it more as a coo and less of a distraction. You'll bring a few resilient residents, enough to hold a fight at least, and demand that release the cub or else. Assuming you can hold your own and you put up enough of a fight, this should leave an opening for me to slip in and retrieve the cub. Assuming all goes well, I'll present a signal or perhaps one of the more intelligent birds can let something else. You hear the signal and you act like you're retreating. Hopefully by the point, the cub is in safe hands and Anue knows that we refuse to back down or simply step aside while she takes over.," he then said altering the civet's plan to more of a direct threat to Anue and the wolves. It would certainly be a bold move and would definitely change the whole dynamic of the situation.
---
#1526 Posted: 02:51:36 21/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil was somewhat relieved to hear that Naga seemed concerned for her safety, even if it was just out of interest. She like to think it was because he was finally growing fond of her though. He has made a good point, and she knew that the two of them alone wouldn't be enough, and she didn't even wanted to think what Anue would do to her or Snow if she saw her returning.
"You're right. I'm not taking any chances of my own... I didn't want to involve anyone else, but I see your point. A wolf may be no match for you, but a few of them could... possibly overpower you." Sybil said, adding the possible after remembering how proud Naga was of his own strength.

After thinking about it for a while, she realized Rose and Sayan would have to help to make the rescue more believable.
"Alright then. Let's be on it. I'll go back to the Haven and recruit a few of the residents to help us. And you... well, maybe you can spy on the pack and see what they're doing. Study the guard's pattern or something." Sybil explained as she turned around to get the much needed help. She was super nervous with this plan, not only for trusting Naga with something so big, but also because just one wrong move, and Anue might give the drastic order in the blink of an eye...
---
#1527 Posted: 02:18:36 22/12/2017
Naga simply nodded and disappeared into the foliage. He would soon proceed to make his way towards the wolf's camp-- remaining hidden and scouting ahead as according to the plan.

Elsewhere-- Sayan comforted Rose and Hunter.
---
#1528 Posted: 02:51:59 22/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil was heading to Sayan and Rose's home when she found them along the way.
"Oh good. I found you. Listen, we must make no haste. Rose, Sayan, I need you two for a plan." Sybil said, saying everything she discussed with Naga.
"He will help us get Snow back, but I need you two. And we will need a bird too to give us the signal once Naga has gotten Snow out of her prison." Sybil explained carefully, fully aware of the terrible risks at hand. Not only could the plan fail, but she knew there was always the possibility of Naga betraying them. But Sybil didn't have any other choice but to trust him. In a place like the wolve's hideout, his excellent camouflage made him the least likely out of all the Haven residents to be detected. For now, the plan was about to be put into motion, but one question remained; which bird would be perfect for the job? It couldn't be a warbler. It would be too obvious. A kea too. And Sybil couldn't be sure if the wolves knew of her alliance with the marine birds. It had to be someone tht was neither...
---
#1529 Posted: 03:49:19 22/12/2017
Rose looked to Warren. "Warren can you help us with this task? The wolves don't know you are with us yet. Can I trust you with this?" She said her hope was very high. "But what about Hunter I need him to get to safety. Our home is no longer safe for him."
---
SC
#1530 Posted: 04:17:54 22/12/2017 | Topic Creator
"Warren? I didn't see you there." Sybil said with some embarrassment, having been too focused on Rose and Sayan to notice the vulture perched just above them.
"Hmm, you know? I think he will be perfect for the job. I was thinking about Royal or Jaerl due to their eyesight, but they aren't native, so that would create high suspicions. Warren on the other hand, is from here. And if there is any indication of a war, then it would become obvious that a vulture will be interested in the outcome. How is your eyesight Warren? You have to pay attention to when Snow is taken out of there. You probably won't see Naga getting out, but Snow is, well she's very white and noticeable. Can you give us the signal so we can retreat?" Sybil asked, having high faith in him.

Warren, who was beating himself earlier for not being more helpful, was going to be part of one heroic plan, and he couldn't be more glad for it.
"If I can? That's what a vulture is good for. We have good eyesight! Just leave it to me! I won't mess it up!" Warren said ecstatic, so happy that he was going to be useful, or better yet, a hero. He knew now important this was, but he couldn't contain his emotion. After showing Sybil a few signals and her choosing one for the moment, he grabbed Hunter and took him to Crocux's cave so that he and Jck could babysit him while the rest went to the rescue. The group then made their move to meet with Naga and finally put this vital plan into motion. These next minutes were going to be crucial...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:24:01 22/12/2017 by Felines
#1531 Posted: 06:20:47 22/12/2017
AJ: The scent of blood fills the air as I continue to search for the wolves' den. Blood drips onto the ground as I make my way deeper and deeper into the outback. Stopping only to eat and drink, I make good time, in the journey. Still not knowing where and what to look for I am at a disadvantage. Most likely they will find me first, as I am severely injured and bleeding profusely from my wounds, spreading the scent of blood, wherever I go. The leaf for my wounds is soaked crimson red and can no longer contain the blood. Even in my weakened state and with the blood loss slowly making me lose consciousness, I will not give up on my quest. I come to an oasis and start to drink deeply from the spring.
#1532 Posted: 10:14:31 22/12/2017
Rose followed Sybil into Naga territory. She was intensely concentrated on getting Snow back.
---
SC
#1533 Posted: 11:29:53 22/12/2017 | Topic Creator
After arriving to the place that Sybil most remembered about the route she took when escorted, she reviewed the plan once more, and ordered Warren to fly as high as he could. It didn't really mattered if the wolves spotted him, but if he could avoid detection, then better. Although they passed near where AJ has been, unfortunately, the damp air of the swamp masked his current odor.

Finally with all of them there, it was all a matter of waiting for Naga to give his report so that they could make their move. No doubt about it, Sybil was extremely nervous, but what surprised get the most was that neither Rose or Sayan questioned her decision to involve Naga in the rescue. They really were that desperate to get their daughter back...
---
#1534 Posted: 21:36:16 22/12/2017
"Let's do this!" Rose said.
---
SC
#1535 Posted: 22:51:04 22/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil ordered everyone to remain hidden in the grass until Naga gave the signal. After telling him more or less where the pack's home was located, Warren flew ahead, as high as he could. He could see almost nothing with that thick foliage, and almost became lost until he spotted a single wolf in a small, treeless opening. Maybe that's where Snow was being captive? If not, then at least he knew the approximate location of the wolves. As Sybil told him, he avoided being spotted, and thanks to the clouds being lower than usual due to the fog earlier, he used that to his advantage to remain hidden from view without needing to go too high. He had a good view on some of the place, and he knew that as soon as he spotted Snow being carried off by Naga, his signal was going to be the most important part of the mission...
---
#1536 Posted: 23:29:47 22/12/2017
AJ: After drinking enough water, I replace my bandages and continue on. Any minute now, wolves are going to find me, drawn by the smell of blood. The bandages fall to the ground, covered in blood, leaving the wounds uncovered, but for now, I have stopped the bleeding, save a nasty neck slash, which continues to drip blood. I will not fight them when they take me, as I know it is futile, rather I will exchange myself for Snow, ensureing her safety, with my imprisonment.

Meanwhile Royal and Jaerl, are perched in the highest tree, overlooking Haven. The two have no idea about the current situation, as the have just returned from fishing, given by the pair of large fish in their talons. The pair munch at their catch as the warily watch over Haven. The elephant brothers, return to their patrolling.

At Hunted Sunflame is out gathering supplies for their medicinal collection. Setting down a wicker basket with a few items in it, he uses his claws to cut and harvest the ingredients around them. His amber eyes glisten as he works.
#1537 Posted: 00:51:24 24/12/2017
Rose hid in the tall grass as she awaited the signal.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:16:44 24/12/2017 by Spyroconvexity
#1538 Posted: 08:05:18 27/12/2017
Sayan eagerly waited the signal and the report, although a small part of him hoped that they could trust the large Naga.

Meanwhile-- Naga had made his way over to the location of the wolves' camp. Once there-- he remained hidden in the nearby fog and foliage counting the pack's updated numbers and the possible location of Snow as he carefully scouted around the camp. As he had suspected, their numbers had indeed grown with both larger and smaller wolves scattered throughout though focused on certain prime areas. One such area was a wide opening in the perimeter where the trees became more scarce and a well-placed 'greeting party' had been placed. Another area, and one of more particular interest, was the sound of a cub crying out surrounding by the sounds of larger wolves telling the voice to shut up. As he slowly approached in the foliage while still keeping a smart distance, it was evident that some sort of makeshift cage had been crafted and the snow-white appropriately named 'Snow' was being kept there.

As he accurately kept track of the numbers and positions-- he knew that he would need the coo/distraction and that his fellow 'party members' would need the accurate report or else possibly vastly underestimate exactly what he had gotten them into. Part of him thought of what other possible actions he could take, such as turning on them and reporting their presence to the Anue, but he was certain he was doing the right thing for once and for the right reasons. He was partly out for himself after all and he knew that after all was said and done-- the civet leader would owe him a considerable deal. He silently made his back as to the group as to give his report as planned.

A slight shadow soon approached the group followed by a similar ominous presence. "I.. I am here and I have been to the so-called 'camp' of Anue. I'm afraid-- I'm afraid my suspicions were right and their numbers had grown vastly. But as we had also suspected, the cub... your presence Snow is indeed being held.," he said first appeared by shadow only but soon showing his physical presence in front of Sybil and the so-called 'help.' He shouldn't have been too surprised when the feline family had volunteered to go themselves after all. He soon explained his findings detailing the overall 'layout' of the camp, the numbers/positions, a possible ideal entry point for the party to get the most attention from the needed guards, and the possible entry points that he would use to retrieve the cub. He eyed the feline pair as if to gauge exactly what was going though their heads as he, the large the 'feared' Naga, laid out the plan and actually seemingly helping those he had once aimed to destroy.
---
#1539 Posted: 10:54:45 27/12/2017
"So we must distract them to lure them away from Snow so you can rescue her?" Rose said.
---
SC
#1540 Posted: 13:08:00 27/12/2017 | Topic Creator
"A distraction is the better option. I was thinking of you and Sayan accompanying me, but I think it's better if I go alone." Sybil said to Rose as she draw a map in the soil to tell the plan.
"So then, if Warren is in position, he should be able to see Snow once she is being moved by Naga. It should be easy. She's a vast white color and that makes her easier to see and afterwards, he'll give the signal." Sybil explained, knowing that if wasn't able to see Naga from a distance, he would certainly see Snow.
"Now then, I will be able to distract the pack by telling them I got lost and ended up there again. Whether they believe me or not is uncertain, but if I'm able to provoke them enough, they will follow after me. Don't you worry about me. You and Sayan will remain hidden in the trees to make sure nobody approaches Snow's prison while she's being rescued. I will distract the pack, but you two will have to distract the guards somehow just in case there is a risk of them seeing Snow being freed. Use any distraction you can, and if possible, avoid being spotted." Sybil said, getting ready to follow Naga to the wolf camp and be prepared for this crazily dangerous plan.
---
#1541 Posted: 18:11:31 27/12/2017
Sunflame continues to harvest herbs and other ingredients for his friend and housemate, Whirlpool. He has no idea about what is going on at Haven, yet, you can never be too prepared. He pauses a minute to raise his head and look around at his and Whirlpool's home island. It is a rather peaceful and tranquil place, full of good people. He amber eyes glisten in the light from the sun, as he works away, unaware of the ill that has come to Haven.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:01 27/12/2017 by Wyrstel
#1542 Posted: 18:48:27 27/12/2017 | Topic Creator
AJ's voice only sounded like a faint sound in the distance, masked by the remaining fog, the echo of the trees, the blowing wind and the vastness of the swamp. It was a gloomy place, easily bound for someone to get lost, so the wolves had a den really well conceived. Sybil only heard a howl she thought was from one of the wolves or the wind through the trees, so she tried not to think too much of it. She already had a carefully planned strategy for this heist, so any setback could jeopardize the rescue. She didn't think any other one of the Haven residents would be reckless enough to put themselves in danger and make things worse than they already is, so it was lucky that AJ was still quite far away and not at risk of being captured at least. Another capture would simply put the Haven at even more risk than it already was.

Unlike the Haven, Hunted island was quiet and peaceful right now. It was only now that fog was beginning to form, almost as if the one from the Have was moving there. Such phenomenon was so common there, every animal took it as just another routinely activity. Everyone was peaceful and getting food, but Barloc couldn't help but to give a look of hateful disdain every time Sunflame passed though his presence. Even after all this time, he still hasn't learned to accept him, and even his visits to Whirlpool became rare. He only visited the wombat whenever Sunflame was out. Despite his wife's constant insistence of letting go of the hatred, Barloc couldn't change his opinion on predators.
---
#1543 Posted: 19:41:36 27/12/2017
Rose noded. Before she left she looked at Naga. "Please free her. I am putting her life in your coils." She said.

Meanwhile a pare of wolves were near AJ. "Oh and why would she do that?"
---
SC
#1544 Posted: 19:53:08 27/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil looked sorrowful how Rose was of willing to put her beloved daughter's life in the scaly being that brought so much misery to the Haven. That's just how desperate she was, but saving Snow's life was top priority. There was no guarantee that Anue would keep her promise if they left the Haven, and even if she did, where would they all go? It was back to the deadly world created by men, so failure was not an option.

Moving an ear like a sign, Sybil indicated where Sayan and Rose should position themselves and be ready for anything that could go wrong. Then, taking a deep breath, Sybil approached some of the wolves, from a different direction from where she and Anue left earlier.
"Oh you have to be kidding me! All that walking just to end up in the same place!" Sybil said, pretending to be talking to herself and feigning that she got lost while trying to find a way back to the forest...
---
#1545 Posted: 20:17:58 27/12/2017
"Oi! We told you to leave!" A guard said.
---
SC
#1546 Posted: 20:23:26 27/12/2017
AJ: As the wolves ask me why Anue would do this, I take a deep breath, before I speak. "She will do it, because she does not like scaring the cub, Snow and she knows that I will be much easier to handle. She still has a heart, I know it. If you would bring her here, I will prove to you that I can get her to accept my offer. Snow is scared and I need to get her back to her mother and father, where she belongs. Please I swear to you and every member of the pack, that I am true to my word."
#1547 Posted: 21:08:19 27/12/2017
"She does not care if she scares the welp or not! She only wants the residents including you off this island! And what grander way of doing it is using the cub as leverage."
---
SC
#1548 Posted: 21:26:50 27/12/2017
AJ: Trying to be brave, I do not give up. Looking at both of the wolves I speak again, I must succeed. They will not evict us from the island that has been our sanctuary.
"Just take me to her. I will see and hear for myself what she has to say. As for us leaving our home, that is not possible. I have no life outside of this one. My family were slaughtered by humans and I nearly was too. Don't you see, we need this place. You can live here as well, you just can't... Take me to Anue, I will speak to her, myself. I speak for myself, not the group. All that I am doing is my own."
#1549 Posted: 21:33:43 27/12/2017
"She will not listen to you welp! Now get out of our sight!"
---
SC
#1550 Posted: 22:08:43 27/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Wyrstel, you should've waited for Spyroconvexity to type about the wolves finding you, not assume immediately they did. SC, to whom did you write post #1545?
---
First | Previous | Page 31 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me