Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 18 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#851 Posted: 01:10:47 11/07/2017
Naga glanced up at what little of the sky shown through the trees-- remembering his appointment with Sybil. However, a small but growing part of him didn't want to disappoint the finally happy Sholeh. "Ah yes... the pigeons and their evergrowing stupidity. Yes-- let's show them just much their stupidity costs them.," he finally said willing to take a little break and spend a little quality time on their sake.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#852 Posted: 01:38:29 11/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Sholeh was eager to leave towards the wetland, but even in all that darkness, she could see through Naga's movements that something was different about him today.
"Naga dear, is something the matter? You look... kinda jumpy today." Sholeh exclaimed, concerned for her friend. Before he could reply however, she had drawn her own conclusion.
"Oh wait, I get it. You would like to be alone today, don't you? It's alright Mr. Naga, you can tell me anything. I understand. You are so used to being alone that my company all of the sudden is making you uncomfortable. It's alright my friend. If you want me to leave, just say so. I know what it's like to want your own space once in a while." Sholeh commented in a mellow voice, willing to respect Naga's space if that's what he desired. She wanted to demonstrate how good of a friend she wanted to be.

At the Haven, Sybil left the cat family and headed to the kea's tree. She wished to encounter Peepers along the way being the bird she trusted the most, but no such luck this time. She arrived at the tree, and the warbler Lumos was playing a game with Cheryl. Sybil climbed the tree and requested a reunion with him alone... explaining everything to him, from her activity with the python to her need of help in finding better prey for him.
"Mistress, are you out of your freaking mind? The orca game is one thing, but letting yourself be hunted by that... by that... murderer?" Lumos scolded, feeling extremely nervous.
"Calm down Lumos! I already told you. I played with the python yesterday and he has enough self control. Look at me! I'm unharmed! Now please, are you going to help me or not? Whether we like it or not, the python is here to stay, and he needs a better prey than those dumb pigeons!" Sybil expressed begrudgingly, looking at the sun and realizing she only had minutes until noon. Unfortunately, she would have to postpone her playtime with Snow today. She didn't want the python to believe she couldn't keep her promises.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#853 Posted: 02:04:09 11/07/2017
"Hey where did Sybil go? I wanted to play with her." Snow said.

"It's ok Snow she'll turn up again. She will play with you eventually. I will make sure she does." Rose said.

"Thanks mama!" Snow said.
---
SC
#854 Posted: 02:17:45 11/07/2017 | Topic Creator
After thinking for a while, Lumos decided it was better to help the Mistress. He understood the urgency of the situation, and he didn't want the poor civet to engage into that awful activity. The sooner suitable prey was found, the faster Sybil would eliminate that obligation.
"Lumos. Please inform Peepers about this. He'll know what to do. Please, I need this. I don't like this activity any more than you do, but I need to do it. The python needs to be distracted to avoid him from backing off on our deal. Besides, I've seen how big he is. He needs food, and plenty of it, and the pigeons aren't enough. The more challenging the prey is to capture, then better." Sybil urged, knowing that if Naga nearly brought the warblers to extinction, no doubt he could do the same to the pigeons. Even though they were bigger, they were far less in number than the warblers, and Sybil was fearful that Naga might be consuming the dumb birds faster than they were able to reproduce.
---
#855 Posted: 02:50:12 16/07/2017
Quote: Felines
Sholeh was eager to leave towards the wetland, but even in all that darkness, she could see through Naga's movements that something was different about him today.
"Naga dear, is something the matter? You look... kinda jumpy today." Sholeh exclaimed, concerned for her friend. Before he could reply however, she had drawn her own conclusion.
"Oh wait, I get it. You would like to be alone today, don't you? It's alright Mr. Naga, you can tell me anything. I understand. You are so used to being alone that my company all of the sudden is making you uncomfortable. It's alright my friend. If you want me to leave, just say so. I know what it's like to want your own space once in a while." Sholeh commented in a mellow voice, willing to respect Naga's space if that's what he desired. She wanted to demonstrate how good of a friend she wanted to be.
"Yes-- that... that is it.," Naga said seemingly confirming Sholeh's thoughts. "I.. I didn't want to disappoint you but perhaps tomorrow. Then.. then we can talk some more.," he then said pleasantly surprised by the close break. Of course-- he was perfectly willing to spend time with Sholeh but he also knew that the fearful-but-confidant Sybil had likely ensured that she had made time for him. And he was growing eager for another game...
---
#856 Posted: 04:07:32 16/07/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Been busy my friend? I haven't seen you in a while smilie

Sholeh was indeed a little disappointed, but she did a nice job hiding it. She knew what it was like to want your own space, particularly considering a clingy, annoying roommate like AJ.
"I understand. Story of my life every day, so I feel ya. Another time then." Sholeh said, as she turned around and left, not wanting to invade the snake's territory if all he wanted was to be alone. She was friends with the python, but she was still a little cautious of him. She still didn't suspect a thing about his special, secret activity, so she left without any objections.

After Lumos left, Sybil did the same, climbing down the kea's trees. Before doing so, she took one look at the sun, and could see she was approximately ten minutes late.
"Oh man! Seriously? Sleeping with Rose and the others was a bad idea!" Sybil complained to herself, knowing that having slept so warm in the family's home made her oversleep, thus losing precious time. As she headed to the swamp, Sybil made sure to use the brushes and leaves as hiding places, wanting to make sure nobody spotted her, especially Snow. She knew the cub would be so disappointed with her missing their play session, but it was better having a cub angry at her than a gigantic python. As Sybil went to meet Naga, she only hoped that the snake wasn't too mystical about punctuality...
---
#857 Posted: 06:54:07 16/07/2017
Unfortunately for Sybil Snow did indeed see Sybil. She snuck away from her family to see where she was going. But she got lost following her. "Oh man I'm so lost." Snow said.

"Are we a little lost?" A white wolf came up to the young Snow said.

"Y-yes. Can you help me?" Snow said.

"Yes I can little one. Come....follow me I will take you to a safe place so your parents won't get worried." The white wolf said.
---
SC
#858 Posted: 07:28:44 16/07/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Remember to elaborate later on how the wolves got there.

Sybil heard rustling and immediately hid. She waited a while until the coast was clear, unaware that Shadow and the python weren't the only real danger at the Haven right now. The civet was so concentrated on keeping the huge python entertained, she didn't give room in her mind to the possibility of new dangers.

After much struggling through the unpredictable terrain, Sybil managed to reach the meeting spot. Despite growing familiar of the route, she still hated traveling through it. Sholeh almost encountered her, but luckily, she took a different road. Once there, Sybil knew Naga had to be around there somewhere.
"Mr. Naga!? I'm here! Sorry I'm a little late! Something came up." Sybil called, under the false impression that Naga felt neutral about the activity considering the lack of challenge she provided yesterday...
---
#859 Posted: 08:00:39 16/07/2017
Before Sybil could move from her hiding spot Snow and the wolf passed by. Snow thought she heard something and stopped to listen.

"Come on little one let's keep moving." The wolf said in a calm voice.
---
SC
#860 Posted: 15:12:45 16/07/2017 | Topic Creator
As Sybil waited for Naga to make to his overwhelming entrance, she wondered what was all that rustling earlier. It sounded too loud to be a lizard or an insect. She wasn't sure if it was wise to worry too much about that detail...

Back at the kea's tree, the parrot that noticed the wolf that night gave his reports to Mambo. The kea leader wasn't one to worry that much, but his subject really looked concern.
"Alright. If it will make ya feel better, I'll talk to the mistresses." Mambo said, already addressing Sybil AND Rose as such. He didn't think it was was cause of concern, but still, he wanted to give the report just to set his friend's mind at ease...
---
#861 Posted: 15:46:30 16/07/2017
"Sayan where is Snow?" Rose said looking around.
---
SC
#862 Posted: 17:32:37 16/07/2017 | Topic Creator
About a minute later, Mambo came in, and as always, perched on a small rock near the pair.
"Good afternoon lovebirds. Sorry for distressing your probably busy schedule right now..." Mambo said respectfully, imagining those two had a tight schedule having cubs.
"... but there is a little friend of mine that saw two white figures yesterday and is very concerned. Poor lad was so worried, he genuinely believes they were ghosts." Mambo informed, thinking it was probably nothing serious, but being truthful to the report anyway even if it turned out to be nothing.
---
#863 Posted: 18:19:55 16/07/2017
"I'm sorry Mambo but I have greater concerns. It's Snow she wondered off somewhere and I can't find her." Rose said.

"So what is your name miss wolf?" Snow said.

"Oh my name is Anue." She said. "What might you be?"

"Oh my name is Snow. I have a brother somewhere but I can't find my family." Snow said.

"Oh me and my friends will help you find your family. Don't worry you're safe with me." Anue said.
---
SC
#864 Posted: 19:59:47 16/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"Oh. Well I'll just help. I'm bored anyway, and eyes in the sky are always useful." Mambo commented, offering himself to look for the cub. He believed she was missing due to something innocent, like probably playing hide and seek with her brother. Mambo had flown away before Rose could reply, wanting the newbie mother to remain calm...
---
#865 Posted: 20:05:53 16/07/2017
"Sayan I hope she didn't go into the snake territory by accident." Rose said.
---
SC
#866 Posted: 20:34:19 16/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Mambo was scanning the area from a high branch, but was within enough reach to hear what Rose just said.
"Oh no Lady Rose. I don't think your daughter would venture into that awful place, and even if she did, I doubt the snake would hurt her. He seems keen on hunting birds only." Mambo assured, not wanting dear Rose to be alarmed. The kea leader didn't think the snake would be that evil, an unpopular opinion among his fellow birds.
---
#867 Posted: 23:19:11 16/07/2017
OOC: Yeah... just some real life stuff. smilie But I'm here now.

"I hope she's alright.," Sayan said looking towards the distance.

Elsewhere... a unseen but very familiar entity made its presence known to the Civet leader. "It's-- it's alright my dear civet. You are here and now and thus.. thus we can begin.," the familiar voice said echoing off the trees and seemingly coming from everywhere. If Sybil had come just a few minutes before, it might have causes unforeseen consequences. Still-- he had to eventually tell Sholeh, although that could certainly wait for a bit...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:43 16/07/2017 by redwes
#868 Posted: 23:26:05 16/07/2017
Soon the white wolf was near Nagasaki territory. "Oh Naga my good friend I've brought another friend for you to meet." Anue said.

"Another friend?" Snow said.
---
SC
#869 Posted: 01:26:22 17/07/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: I figured. No matter redwes. Whenever you're this inactive, I don't question you anymore. Real life comes first smilie

Sybil was concerned by Naga's tone of voice. He sounded... eager. She had come to believe the game bored him, but it looked like he was anxious to begin. Did he really grew fond of it this soon? This worried the civet a little, and her only hope was for her bird friends to be fast on the prey task at hand, otherwise she would be stuck with this unpleasant activity for a long time. Her biggest worry was the possibility of Naga growing too wild during the activity, since the same thing happened to the orcas. They began soft and calm, but slowly grew rougher the more motivated they became.

But as Sybil prepared to be stalked, she heard a voice unfamiliar to her. A voice clearly addressing to Naga, so she quickly hid in a thick brush, hoping that whoever was the owner of that voice didn't noticed her in all that thick and dark terrain. Why was Naga receiving company? And whom did that voice belonged to?
---
#870 Posted: 01:55:51 17/07/2017
Soon Anue and Snow showed themselves. "Naga are you here?"

"Anue can we go? This place gives me the creeps." Snow said.

"Of course but I want you to meet mr Naga. He's so kind." Anue said.
---
SC
#871 Posted: 02:13:43 17/07/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Hmm, did you two agreed on something? smilie

Sybil remained hidden, relieved that the strangers didn't noticed her presence. White figures they were. However, not all of them were unfamiliar.
"Snow?" She whispered, to herself alone, that small white figure being unmistakable. But who was with her? Dingoes weren't white, so upon close inspection, Sybil could see it was a wolf. What was a wolf doing at the Haven? Sybil didn't remembered giving passage to wolves. The better question was, why were they visiting Naga? And why was Snow there?
---
#872 Posted: 09:45:12 18/07/2017
"Ummm....I guess he's not here right now. Shall we go meet my friends?" Anue said.

"Sure!" Snow said.
---
SC
#873 Posted: 01:27:47 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
As Sybil continued witnessing Snow with the wolf, she just couldn't stand seeing the cub with a stranger. She looked around and couldn't see Naga anywhere. No doubt that he was a master on camouflage. Although Sybil didn't know whether Naga was avoiding the wolf or still hunting her, she couldn't continue hiding there without doing nothing. Before the wolf could leave with Snow, she came out of her hiding place and demanded answers.
"Hold it right there! Who are you? Snow, who is this?" she demanded to know, never having seen that white wolf in her life...
---
#874 Posted: 03:15:27 19/07/2017
"Sybil? Sybil!" Snow said as she ran to her and hugged her. "I was wondering where you went. I got lost following you and then Anue found me. She was helping me fing my mama." Snow said.

"Curses! That rat had to delay our plans." she thought to herself. "Oh is this one of your friends?" She said walking up to them.

"Yes she is. She's a friend of my mama." Snow said.

"Well nice to meet you friend of Snow. My name is Anue." She said with a bow of her head.
---
SC
#875 Posted: 03:45:30 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"Hello. My name is Sybil. I ran the Haven established here." Sbil greeted in her usual cordial way, but since she has never seen this wolf in her life, she didn't like the circumstances of this meeting.

"Forgive me, but, how did you get here? Every animal that arrives on the island seeking sanctuary must report to me or Rose once they're here. How come I've never seen you?" Sybil asked, expecting convincing answers. Every time an animal arrived at the Haven without permission, it usually meant they weren't arriving peacefully, as Shadow proved years ago.
---
#876 Posted: 09:25:57 19/07/2017
"We arrived by orca many years before you did." Anue said.
---
SC
#877 Posted: 14:35:22 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"What!?!" Sybil exclaimed, finding that impossible.
"But the orcas... they didn't start giving rides until... I arrived!" the civet said, believing that the orcas started with the riding business only after she saved Cairo's life. She believed the wolf was lying, if not, the big marine mammals had much explaining to do...
---
#878 Posted: 20:03:52 19/07/2017
"We made friends with them and we wanted a better life." Anue said.
---
SC
#879 Posted: 20:36:42 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil wasn't sure what to believe. She had thought that orcas bringing animals to the island was something that she herself initiated, but based on what this wolf was saying, it looked like it was an operation that started long before her arrival. She knew she wouldn't be able to get any more responses unless she talked to the orcas themselves, so let that matter slide for now, and instead focus on the other pressing matter.
"Fine, alright then. And what about Mr. Naga? How do you know him?" Sybil asked, wondering if the python even knew the wolf. They were wasting precious game time at the moment, something Sybil was concerned for. She was just ignoring Naga for the sake of talking to this mysterious wolf...
---
#880 Posted: 20:46:33 19/07/2017
"We are friends of him." Anue said. "And for your orcas there is no need to talk to them. The ones that brought us here lived off our old home cost."
---
SC
#881 Posted: 20:55:36 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Now Sybil was more confused than ever. Did the orcas as a species helped others like that? She didn't buy it. It was too much coincidence that, out of all the places the wolf could've been left on, it turned out to be on her beloved Haven. Putting her thoughts aside, she continued treating the Naga matter.
"And for how long had you known Mr. Naga? He hasn't been here for too long." Sybil explained, knowing that if the wolf has been there for as long as she claimed, meeting Naga was an interesting move. She didn't know if the python was listening, but she hoped so. The civet kept later just in case the big snake was still hunting her and dared to strike when she was this distracted.
---
#882 Posted: 20:58:30 19/07/2017
"We were friends sense the big lizard brought him here."
---
SC
#883 Posted: 21:54:19 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil nodded at every response, still not convinced about the wolf's purpose for being at the island. She has learned to be suspicious of every non native animal that was on the island.
"Uh huh. And... why did you brought Snow here to meet him? She isn't allowed here yet." Sybil asked, continuing the interrogation. Now she was beginning to feel fortunate to have started that activity with the python, otherwise who knows how long it would've taken her to find out there was a strange wolf here, or what was worse, maybe an entire pack, since they usually weren't alone...
---
#884 Posted: 23:30:47 19/07/2017
"Oh she was going to introduce me to him." Snow said.
---
SC
#885 Posted: 00:12:36 20/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"Really? Any particular reason?" Sybil asked, addressing to the wolf specifically. She didn't want Snow to be this trusting of strangers.
---
#886 Posted: 00:43:46 20/07/2017
"No not really. I just wanted her to meet him but it seems he's not around so miss Snow let's go find your mother." Anue said.
---
SC
#887 Posted: 00:59:28 20/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil was at a loss on what to do. For one, she didn't want to leave Snow with that strange wolf. Who was to say that the wolf did intended to lead Snow to her family? If Naga was around, he was certainly taking his time to show up.
"No! I'll lead Snow home." Sybil yelled, not trusting the wolf at all.
---
#888 Posted: 01:34:37 20/07/2017
"Very well. Then I'll take my leave. Please let her mother know I found her." Anue said.
---
SC
#889 Posted: 01:45:11 20/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil was relieved the wolf didn't object, but she also knew it was probably because Naga was somewhere nearby. That snake wasn't one to mess with. Now that she was alone with Snow, she didn't know whether to keep Snow with her until the game was over and swearing her to secrecy or if interrupting the game in order to bring the cub home.
"Listen Snow. You shouldn't have followed me. There is a very big python living around here, and he doesn't like it when someone enters his territory uninvited." Sybil scolded, nervously looking around and having her ears alert. She didn't know whether Naga was far preparing his strategy or if he heard the whole thing. She was worried that the python wouldn't take the new guest lightly...
---
#890 Posted: 03:17:39 20/07/2017
"I'm sorry Sybil I was curious where you keep sneaking off to." Snow said.
---
SC
#891 Posted: 22:14:23 21/07/2017
OOC: Sorry for the absence. Life takes its toll sometimes but I try not to stay away too long. smilie

As Sybil, the wolf, and Snow had their encounter-- Naga was indeed nearby and was in fact listening to the whole ordeal. 'Anoe... its been awhile my dear old friend. And... is that Snow?,' he thought to himself as he watched from somewhere in the shadows. He hadn't told any of his 'friends' about the others thus far and had been hoping to avoid any such interactions/complications. However, it would appear that fate itself had made that decision for him and it was about time for him to make an appearance.

"Sybil... Snow... is that you? I've heard so much about you my dear young cub-- you're the offspring of Rose and so-called Sayan aren't you? And don't worry about Anoe-- she's an old acquaintance and one I wasn't even sure was still around.," the mysterious but familiar voice said echoing but everything but seemingly coming from nowhere. Fortunately or unfortunately... the large seemingly hidden Naga seemed more interested then irritated from the new presence.
---
#892 Posted: 22:47:38 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: No doubt about life.

"You like to be sneaky, aren't you?" Sybil asked, feeling annoyed by the fact that Naga didn't let his presence known by the wolf, and instead chose to be a spectator. Despite Sybil not knowing Naga very well, she was almost sure the snake did that on purpose to see how Sybil would handle the situation with the wolf. She also suspected the wolf left her unharmed because she knew Naga was around somewhere. She didn't want the python to spot Snow, but it was too late for that.

"Snow, this is Naga. He is... the python I mentioned you." Sybil introduced, almost saying something else, but desisted in fear of offending the big reptile. She knew that if Naga was to be an official member of the Haven, he had to know the residents sooner or later, though the civet hated the circumstances in which the snake and the cub met.
---
#893 Posted: 23:00:25 21/07/2017
"Y-you're a s-snake?" Snow said backing away remembering the previous situation that occurred on Hunted island.
---
SC
#894 Posted: 23:19:10 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil understood the cub's fear, and thought nothing was going on beyond the natural fear, so she tried to comfort her young friend.
"It's alright Snow. He means no harm." Sybil assured, trying to believe herself that Naga had no ill intentions with the cub. He hasn't hurt Sybil herself so far, so why it should be any different with Snow?
---
#895 Posted: 23:28:50 21/07/2017
"I uh um...." Snow was choking on her words.
---
SC
#896 Posted: 23:37:02 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"Snow, I can get you home if you want to. But Mr. Naga, he is another Haven resident. He is big and intimidating, but he means well." Sybil assured, trying very hard to make Naga feel like another one of her guests. She tried to make Snow feel comfortable around him, but it seemed that her fear was more overwhelming than Sybil expected. If Snow was feeling too uncomfortable, the civet intended to bring her back to her family... if Naga lets her. It would mean putting their game on hold, and Sybil definitely didn't want Snow to know what she was doing there. Children couldn't keep secrets.
---
#897 Posted: 23:59:41 21/07/2017
"Yes I want to go home now! Mamma is probably looking for me." Snow said wanting to be away from Naga.
---
SC
#898 Posted: 02:34:11 22/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil wasn't sure whether Naga was going to let them go, so she simply tried to convince Snow to stay for a while, or at least until Naga gave them permission to leave.
"Now now Snow, we're guests now, but if you want to leave, I think you should ask Mr. Naga himself if we should leave." Sybil suggested, not wanting to risk leaving and discovering Naga didn't allow it. After all, they were still under playtime, and for some reason, the python seemed too interested in meeting the cub. Sybil's biggest worry was why the wolf wanted Naga to meet Snow in the first place. What was the purpose of that?
---
#899 Posted: 03:58:08 22/07/2017
"Please Sybil. I'm not comfortable." Snow said.
---
SC
#900 Posted: 02:24:30 24/07/2017
"You.. you can go if you wish. There is plenty of time for introductions-- and I suspect the young cub wants the comfort of her father. And-- her mother.," Naga said seemingly giving his consent for the duo to leave. Although he was now very much interested in properly meeting the family of felines...
---
First | Previous | Page 18 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me