Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 16 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#751 Posted: 09:07:48 19/06/2017
Aurora grew silent as she felt really bad at what she done. She wished she could apologize in person. "When you see the cub or Rose could you say I'm very sorry what I've done and would like to start over again."
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#752 Posted: 14:46:49 19/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Gustave simply nodded, not sure how Snow would take the apology. She was so young and easily impressed, he wasn't certain the cub would take it. They continued their journey, knowing it was going to be quite a long one.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#753 Posted: 03:07:07 24/06/2017
"Thank you. I really appreciate it." Aurora said.
---
SC
#754 Posted: 05:27:04 24/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Gustave swam quietly into open waters, knowing this was going to be a long and perilous journey, probably boring as well. He was still curious in hearing Rose's story about how Barloc saved her life, but in the meantime, he had a task he intended to complete...

Back at the swamp, a few minutes has passed. Everything was eerily quiet. Naga was out of sight now, and Sybil was alert. She wasn't as nervous as before, but she was still jumpy. Of all the activities Naga could've picked, why did it had to be hunting the one that thrilled him the most? That gave Sybil even more motivation to finding a new source of food for him, for this activity was scarier and possibly even more dangerous than the one with Crocux and the orcas. She was use to it though, and since she wanted to keep the python in a good mood, she knew she had to stop complaining and give him the challenge he needed so much.
---
#755 Posted: 14:49:12 24/06/2017
"Meanwhile with Rose and Sayan. "I hope the snake will be ok. But I'm more worried about Peepers and what the kids are doing to him." Rose said with a chuckle.

"Hey Peepers let's play some tag." snow said. "Hunter you join too!"
---
SC
#756 Posted: 16:53:39 24/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Alright, but I'm not as fast as I used to be." Peepers warned, really feeling the years ahead of him. He wasn't one to play, but who could say no to that cub? He remembered so well when Rose was that age. It made him feel nostalgic.
---
#757 Posted: 18:41:03 24/06/2017
"Alright then Hunters it!" Snow said.
---
SC
#758 Posted: 22:07:30 24/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers made sure to fly very low in order to be within reach. He really wasn't very enthusiastic about the game, but went along with it anyway. His mind was more concentrated on Sybil's whereabouts. Earlier today, he got informed by Mambo that he has been searching for the civet many times today in order to invite her to play and keep her mind off the now absent Crocux. It was probably nothing. She could just be walking somewhere to distract herself, but still, it didn't stopped the aged warbler from worrying about her. He has been with her every since she arrived on the island, so their bond was strong.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#759 Posted: 23:13:26 25/06/2017
Hunter smiled and chased after the others-- eager for the game.

Elsewhere-- Naga watched and prepared. He knew the civet wouldn't fall for the same trap twice, but he had grown to be patient when it came to hunts...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:54 25/06/2017 by redwes
#760 Posted: 23:25:30 25/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers flew away with little eagerness, still not showing much enthusiasm. He wanted to though, believing playing with the cubs not only will make them bond, but it will probably make him feel younger.

Sybil continued walking around, pretending to be just another helpless prey wandering around without a care in the world. She was still very much alert, and without lowering her guard just once. She only hoped nobody was missing her back home, and that if any of the birds had a complain or needed her help, they would go to Rose instead.
---
#761 Posted: 21:58:42 28/06/2017
Hunter ran after Peepers with much enthusiasm-- quickly catching up to the old bird.

Elsewhere-- Naga was following Sybil from above using the over-branching trees and darkness to his advantage.
---
#762 Posted: 22:24:17 28/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers was glad he was caught by Hunter instead of Snow, being him the most gentle of the two. Show was a little too energetic to his taste, so he knew he would have to get use to it. He didn't complained much though, since the Haven was finally starting to be the peaceful, prosperous place it was before Shadow arrived.

At the swamp, despite having nocturnal vision and high senses, Sybil couldn't feel Naga anywhere. He was just so good at camouflage! She felt so bad for the poor warblers who didn't stand a chance against him, but that was all in the past now. Nothing she could do except protect the ones that remained. In the meantime, she continued listening to her surrounding, really wanting to give Naga the thrill he seemed, but his way of hunting was just so different from the method she was use to with Crocux and the orcas. She usually had to either run away or jump out of the way, but this new way was slow, and she had less than a second to react to the attack. It was going to take a while for her to get use to this...
---
#763 Posted: 23:57:02 28/06/2017
"Hehe you're it Peepers!" Snow yelled.
---
SC
#764 Posted: 00:01:10 29/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Heh, I guess I am." Peepers said with a coy smile, sneakingy planning to give Snow the peck of her life. He was finally starting to have fun, to the point where he has completely forgotten about how worried he was about Sybil.
---
#765 Posted: 00:38:36 29/06/2017
Hunter smiled at the comment proceeded to run way-- although slowing down a little for the old Peepers.

Naga, meanwhile, was only getting closer to the civet leader and proceeded to get slightly ahead of Sybil. There-- he would wait for just a moment and strike from above from where the trees had opened up giving him a clear view of his target. As the target got closer and closer... he steadily lowered himself from the branch using his tail to keep hold. And as soon as the civet was in front of him; attempted to grapple Sybil swinging himself from behind and onto his target.
---
#766 Posted: 00:57:52 29/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers didn't care which one of the cubs he caught, but if it turned out to be Snow, he was simply going to peck her slightly more harder than Hunter. He then noticed how Hunter was running slower and saw what he did there, so he accelerated his flight to demonstrate the cub that he finally meant business.

As she walked, Sybil has expected the attack from either behind her or above, not from the front. She was very close to dodging that lightning like attack, but since she attempted to turn around and run instead of trying to jump away (considering that failed the first time), she was still easily captured, and as she was waiting to be coiled, she couldn't help but feel disappointment in failing to dodge Naga again and not giving him the challenge he seeks. No doubt about it. He was a super hunter, and it was no mystery why the pigeons were boring him so much. The real challenge was going to find him something he could hunt for real.
---
#767 Posted: 01:12:18 29/06/2017
"Watch out Hunter! He's fast!" Snow said.
---
SC
#768 Posted: 01:23:55 29/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers continued chasing Hunter, but when it seemed like he was after him in particular, as soon as he went near Snow and while she was distracted, he gave her a quick pinch on the tail.
"Now you're it Snow." he said with a sly smile, really getting into the game this time.
---
#769 Posted: 02:00:37 29/06/2017
"Yow! Oh you're going to get it!" Snow said.
---
SC
#770 Posted: 02:07:58 29/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers quickly flew away, knowing Snow was quite naughty. Despite concentrating on getting away, he couldn't help but to look back and tease her once in a while.
---
#771 Posted: 02:10:37 29/06/2017
Snow then thought of something. She then went after Hunter. "
---
SC
#772 Posted: 02:15:23 29/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers watched as Snow chased Hunter and had a very good idea on what was going on. She was trying to use his own strategy against him, but it wasn't going to work. He watched the two cubs from a considerable distance, keeping an eye on both of them.
---
#773 Posted: 04:47:21 29/06/2017
Snow then stopped. "Oh are we afraid uncle Peepers?"
---
SC
#774 Posted: 05:07:15 29/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Moi afraid?" Peepers said, realizing he was starting to talk like Warren, not that it was a bad thing.
"Cautious you might say." the aged warbler then said, knowing Snow was trying to taunt him into coming. He was patient and wise, and wasn't going to succumb to Snow's innocent teasing.
---
#775 Posted: 09:31:48 29/06/2017
"Come closer." Snow said as she started after Hunter again.
---
SC
#776 Posted: 11:29:27 29/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers simply rolled his eyes, knowing Snow was going to insist on the matter, so he decided to amuse her and come close. He knew what came next though, and was going to try to dodge her as best as his old wings could.
---
#777 Posted: 02:06:30 30/06/2017
Hunter knew what Snow was up to and gave it everything he had-- both pushing and encouraging Peepers into the chase.

Elsewhere...Quote: Felines
As she walked, Sybil has expected the attack from either behind her or above, not from the front. She was very close to dodging that lightning like attack, but since she attempted to turn around and run instead of trying to jump away (considering that failed the first time), she was still easily captured, and as she was waiting to be coiled, she couldn't help but feel disappointment in failing to dodge Naga again and not giving him the challenge he seeks. No doubt about it. He was a super hunter, and it was no mystery why the pigeons were boring him so much. The real challenge was going to find him something he could hunt for real.

As Sybil practically walked into the attack-- Naga indeed proceeded with a light coil before once again letting the civet leader go. "The thing... the thing about pythons is that we can attack from anywhere. Above, in front, behind, anywhere... as long as there is a branch to hold onto or a bush to hide in. That being said... you were close and merely made a mistake at the last moment.," Naga said commenting on Sybil's performance as if it were some sort of game or tournament. He stayed nearby, but didn't attack-- once again showing off his large teethy grin. "I suppose you have to go now... I'll let you. And thank-you again.," he then said.
---
#778 Posted: 02:39:35 30/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"You're welcome... I think." Sybil replied, that I'll let you phrase worrying her. She assumed it was him just being intimidating as usual, but she wasn't so sure. She was truly disappointed that she was unable to provide much of a challenge, but now that she knew Naga's pattern, the perhaps she could do better the next time. As she prepared to leave, she realized there was one important detail she forgot to ask about Naga's chosen prey.

"Alright, it's getting really dark out, so I really must leave. But before I go, I must know what you really are seeking. Do you want a prey that is hard to catch, or hard to kill?" Sybil asked, almost asking about the size as well, but she didn't want to limit her search too much. She knew from Skaliscin and Voracivenom that snakes usually preferred both methods, but had to know which one Naga favorited.
---
#779 Posted: 01:56:27 01/07/2017
"Mmm... you pose an interesting question, my dear civet. And I think I would prefer... hard to catch. It's what makes the hunt interesting-- or as interesting as it can be at least. I wish you the best of luck and if you need me.. you know where where to find me.," Naga replied answering in his own mysterious way.

Elsewhere-- Hunter continued the chase.
---
#780 Posted: 02:14:24 01/07/2017
Snow soon caught up to Hunter and tagged him. "You're it!"
---
SC
#781 Posted: 02:56:36 01/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Peepers was wondering why Snow has been focusing on him too much when she had her brother right alongside her, when she realized his own method was used, not against him, but Hunter instead. Although he wanted to continue, he realized it was very late.
"Alright you little tykes. Off to bed now. It's getting late. Remember Mater Hunter, that you're it now tomorrow." Peepers reminded, willing to continue the game the next day where it left off.

Quote: redwes
"Mmm... you pose an interesting question, my dear civet. And I think I would prefer... hard to catch. It's what makes the hunt interesting-- or as interesting as it can be at least. I wish you the best of luck and if you need me.. you know where where to find me.," Naga replied answering in his own mysterious way.

Sybil was glad Naga didn't mentioned a specific size. She assumed he was more interested on the challenge than the amount, which gave her more prey options. She had to make sure it was an animal that could reproduce fast and that it wasn't too small or Naga could wipe the species out like he almost did to the poor warblers if it turned out he liked the new food source too much.
"I'll... come tomorrow at the same time if... you want to do this again. I promise I'll try to give you a better challenge." Sybil assured, having noticed that Naga's second coil was slightly harder that second time. Sybil was afraid that if she didn't give the snake the thrill he was looking for, he would become bored and probably unstable.

Looking up, she realized it was getting very late, and not wanting night to catch her in that awful swamp, she started to walk fast to the point of nearly running.
"Ok, see you tomorrow! Bye!" Sybil said quickly as she stormed out of Naga's territory. As she neared her tree, she pondered about today. This new game certainly made her nervous, and Naga's way of hunting was creepy and unpredictable. She realized how increasingly lucky she was that she and her non warblers were never targeted, or they would've been goners long ago. Now more than ever, she had to find him suitable prey, a task she was going to start tomorrow morning. Despite Naga not meaning any harm to her for now, she wasn't going to lower her guard, especially now that Crocux was gone. She meant to keep on the python's good side no matter how hard it was going to be. That was her way to ease up the extreme guilt she felt with so many warbler lives lost.
---
#782 Posted: 03:22:48 01/07/2017
"Aww do we have to?" Snow said.

"So Naga now that she is Gond why don't we visit her other friends? Perhaps that tiger we saw a few days ago?" Ender said.
---
SC
#783 Posted: 03:36:50 01/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"Now now Miss Snow, don't make me get your mother." Peepers said sternly, not wanting the cub to become rebellious at such an early age. He has seen that so man times in his life.

As Sybil finally returned to her cozy tree, she couldn't help but to hug the mossy floor.
"Oh tree, I missed you." she commented, feeling lonely now. She has slept so many times in Crocux's cave that she was starting to miss the big lug. She really wished he would return soon, even if it's just for eating her up like he usually did. But even in all her depression, she knew the present and future were much more important now. As scary as Naga was, he was one of the Haven residents now, and despite the horrors he did to her warbler friends, Sybil was still willing to make the python feel welcomed and happy. After all, he did stopped pursuing the warblers as soon as she asked, and has respected their agreement so far. She knew she had to be grateful that Naga didn't turned out to be the revenge weapon Shadow wanted him to be. Sybil even gave a little grin trying to imagine how disappointed Shadow must really be with Naga not being the monster he expected.
---
#784 Posted: 03:52:13 01/07/2017
"Fine." Snow reluctantly went into the den. "Come on Hunter."

Shortly after Rose and Sayan arrived. "Hey Peepers. How were the kids?"
---
SC
#785 Posted: 04:04:29 01/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"It was rewarding. It's good to bond at that age. Besides, those two will really help me out getting these old, brittle bones in shape." Peepers explained, really treasuring his time with the cubs. He really wasn't that old, but with so many responsibilities he has at the Haven, he looked much older than he really was.

But at that very moment, two familiar birds were approaching Haven territory. The pelicans with the precious flowers were finally arriving to their destination.
"Look dude. Land ahoy! Home sweet home! Guess I won the bet." one of the pelicans said to his companion, much to his chagrin. They each had twenty different species of flowers that were found near volcanoes, and they were eager to show them to Sybil. Clearly, one of those flowers had to be the one Crystal was looking for. They just had to get rid of Shadow once and for all, and the two birds hoped that their poor Haven friends haven't been bothered by that dead reptile these days. They've all suffered enough as it was.
---
#786 Posted: 05:32:05 01/07/2017
"Well sounds like they like having you around to play." Rose said.
---
SC
#787 Posted: 11:59:38 01/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"It seems, yeah." Peepers replied, knowing the cubs would want to repeat that eventually, and frankly, he did too.
"It's time for me to leave now. Good night." Peepers said as he was about to fly away home, but his flight was interrupted by the sudden arrival of a young female kea.

"Good evening Lady Rose. And ooh, Mr. Peepers is here too? Great! Sorry to bother you at this late hour, but two of the traveling pelicans just arrived here. They say they have great news." The kea explained, having been on her usual patrol when those two arrived. They requested either Rose or Sybil, but since the tiger and her mate's den was closer to the beach, she went for her.
---
#788 Posted: 15:10:13 01/07/2017
"Then show the way!" Rose looked at peepers. "Hehe looks like you've got yo watch them again. I promise I will make it up to you."
---
SC
#789 Posted: 23:00:24 01/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"I'll lead them to the den." Peepers said, not enthusiastic about watching the cubs all alone. Maybe Sayan could help him.

While he watched the cubs, the kea lead Rose to the beach, the pelicans not telling her what the good news were all about, but it was too obvious.
"So Lady Rose, how is it to be more in charge every day? Mistress Sybil seems to be leaving plenty of things to you lately." the kea commented, believing that Sybil's brief disappearances were for her to moan the fact that Crocux has left. She usually didn't let things like that get her, but she seemed to be more loose on her emotions now that Rose was helping her.
---
#790 Posted: 23:15:20 01/07/2017
Sayan went along with Peepers-- as to help settle the cubs down better then the old bird could.
The cubs, disappointed in the game ending, reluctantly followed.

'Perhaps later. I will give them time away from me-- for now.,' Naga thought not wanting to cause any trouble for the time being. Perhaps he was actually thinking of someone other then himself for once or perhaps... perhaps not. Only time could tell.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:53 01/07/2017 by redwes
#791 Posted: 06:11:30 02/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Before settling down to sleep, Sybil began thinking about Naga after having thought about Crocux for a while. That snake was always intimidating, and in almost all of their conversations he made it clear that he only allowed her to be alive because he wanted it that way. Was that just to keep his intimidating image intact, or did he really meant it? Naga was so hard to understand, Sybil didn't know what to believe. At least he has demonstrated he was capable of controlling his predatory instincts when hunting her, so that was a good thing. One thing was certain; Sybil already made the promise of keeping Naga entertained until she could find him suitable prey, a promise she couldn't back down from. She was starting to regret making it, and what terrified her the most was being unable to give enough challenge for Naga. What would be the consequences of that? The python was dangerous, and Sybil couldn't get rid of him. There was no one strong enough to face him (except maybe Crocux and he was gone), and Sybil doubted Naga would leave the island if she asked. Finally, the combination of deep thoughts and tirelessness made Sybil fall into a deep sleep at last, knowing that she had to wake up very early to have a heavy breakfast, solve Naga's prey problem and then go to his territory yet again.
---
#792 Posted: 06:40:16 02/07/2017
"Yah. Maybe I should visit her tomorrow to see if she is ok." Rose said.
---
SC
#793 Posted: 06:52:55 02/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"Good luck finding her. She takes long strolls somewhere around the island and most of us barely even see her now. She doesn't go to the beach anymore like she usually did, she's rarely at her tree and she doesn't want to go anywhere near Mr. Crocux's cave. Too much pain you know." the female kea explained, those three places being the ones Sybil frequented the most. The kea wasn't as concerned for Sybil as Peepers and a few others were. Nobody knew what Sybil did for most of the day, and neither of them dared to ask. Sybil has went to so much stress so many times, nobody wanted to bother her. They could only guess what she was doing.

At Sayan's den, now that the cubs were under their father's custody, Peepers quickly left, heading towards Sybil's tree. He wasn't good at navigating through the dark, but he knew the place very well. He was so relieved to see Sybil there, slumbering so peacefully. He knew that he was probably worrying too much, but he cared for her so much he worried too much. Some of his worries in the past have even be irrational. He really was like family for the overworked civet.
---
#794 Posted: 07:05:24 02/07/2017
"So what is the news?" Rose said.
---
SC
#795 Posted: 11:48:40 02/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"I think it's better if they explained." the kea said, just arriving at the beach and pointing at the two pelican, which received Rose with a bow.
"Oh, good evening Lady Rose. We got terrific news for you." the pelican that won the bet said, he and his companion opening their beaks to show Rose the loot.
"We're not sure if the correct flower is among them, but we each carry twenty. One of them is bound to be the one the caracal needs, doesn't it?" the pelican innocently explained, having travelled far and wide and not in the mood to know if their journey was in vain.
---
#796 Posted: 15:58:47 02/07/2017
"Well we should let Sybil and Crystal know right away." Rose said with a big smile. She turned to the kea. "Do you mind if you get Sybil and I'll go get Crystal."
---
SC
#797 Posted: 16:34:01 02/07/2017 | Topic Creator
"Ugh, sure, but I don't know where the caracal is living. I can get the Mistress instead... if she's there." the kea replied, flying away to get Sybil. If she was there, then perhaps she knew where Crystal was staying at the Haven and she could get both of them at the same time.

As Sybil slept peacefully, she was hoping she could meet Trico and talk about Crocux and her day today, but instead, she started to have many dreams, among them a nightmare about Naga. Poor Sybil was trying desperately to really feel Naga welcomed, but combined with what he was and what he has done, it was being almost impossible for her...
---
#798 Posted: 02:14:47 03/07/2017
"I'll go get Crystal." Rose said. "You two stay here we will be back. I'm sure everyone would be glad."
---
SC
#799 Posted: 02:43:20 03/07/2017 | Topic Creator
The pelican obeyed and stayed put, covering themselves with sand to staw warm. The female kea was a fast flye, so while Rose fetched Crystal, the female kea went to Sybil's tree, taking a pick inside. She saw her sleeping there and was glad that she was there after all. She didn't want to wake the poor, slumbering civet, but these news were just too important to be left by tomorrow, so after much hesitation, she shook Sybil awake.
"Mmmmeh. Hey, hello there. I don't think I know your name. Is anything wrong miss?" Sybil asked respectfully after mumbling a bit, feeling a little ashamed when she forgot or didn't know a name.

"It's Edith Mistress Sybil. Don't worry about that. Listen, your presence is requested at the beach. Come along." Edith instructed, leading Sybil. It would've been faster by flying, but Edith wasn't strong enough to carry her, even if she was small. Sybil followed, glad to have been woken up. She didn't like the fact that she was probably going to wake up sleepy the next morning, but Edith just saved her from a horrid nightmare she was having about Naga.
---
#800 Posted: 03:02:06 03/07/2017
Soon Rose reached Crystals place. "Miss Crystal, miss Crystal! Are you home?"

"I'm home. What is it?" Crystal said coming out of her home.

"The birds arrived with the flower you requested. They are at the beach."

"Oh this is great news! Come, come lets go!" She said as she went to the beach.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 16 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me