Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 15 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#701 Posted: 04:22:40 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"We don't know if it's still there! If we stay too long and knows we're spying, what do you think will happen? Just... deal with that thing! I don't care how you do it, just do it! And today... please." Barloc said forcefully, moving his beak as if he had drank poison when he said the word please. Rose was taking her precious time calling an orca, so Barloc flew away and called towards the ocean like crazy so that an orca would arrive sooner to pick Rose and get that ugly predicament over.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#702 Posted: 04:34:47 14/06/2017
"Sayan come on let's get going before he gets even worse." Rose said. "Oh and Barloc if we can deal with the snake I can come with my daughter and son? I really don't want them to have a childhood like I did." Rose said.
---
SC
#703 Posted: 04:45:48 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Barloc didn't answer that question, pretending he didn't hear Rose due to being too distracted calling an orca. He hated to have future predators in his domains, but that was the agreement, so if Rose managed to solve this predicament, he was going to accept it. After just two minutes, he managed to attract an orca. I was Gustave. He was quite a humongous orca, second in size only to Cairo himself.
"Barloc! And... Mr. Sayan and Lady Rose?" he said, not having expected those three so close to each other. Barloc has made quite a reputation of his own.
"Yeah yeah. They're here on business! Give them a ride to Hunted island pronto!" Barloc said hurriedly, not wanting any more wasted time. Gustave was a fierce and easily offended orca, and had every intention of teaching Barloc a lesson, but he acted polite for Rose's sake, and offered her and her mate a ride without any objections.
---
#704 Posted: 04:59:32 14/06/2017
"Easy Barloc. Can you at least say please? They are here to help not serve us." Rose said trying to calm Barloc. "It's only respectful."
---
SC
#705 Posted: 05:18:19 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Ugh! There you go with that respect thing again! You're obsessed with that! You have a job to do tiger, so get on with it! I'll meet you at Hunted island!" Barloc said grumpily, flying ahead to get ready to receive Rose.

Gustave carried the feline pair to Hunted island, and once Barloc was very far away, he felt like he could finally talk.
"Rough that bird. Sheesh, he doesn't have to be that mean! His daughter is nothing like him. She's a little annoying and sometimes bullies her own cousin, but I bet she's going to be a much better leader than him. Once she takes over, I'm gonna eat him." Gustave commented casually, and due to his rough voice, it was hard to tell if he was kidding or if he really meant that.
---
#706 Posted: 05:41:35 14/06/2017
"There will be no eating the residents." Rose said. "I do not want that kind of blood on my paws."
---
SC
#707 Posted: 05:59:41 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Relax Lady Rose! It was only a joke. We orcas are not monsters." Gustave assured, taking a little offense to the comment. He was kidding from the beginning, but he realized that his voice didn't helped him at all.
"Barloc is a jerk, and even though he's asking for a painful lesson, I won't hurt him. Neither of us will. I know about his brother, or at least that something happened. He never elaborates on that. We've tried to talk to him in the few times we've seen him on Hunted island beach, but he always dismisses us." Gustave admitted, finding it depressing how Barloc refused to open up to anybody, especially predators. He was slightly less hostile to orcas, but still wanted nothing to do with them.
---
#708 Posted: 08:59:50 14/06/2017
"It's actually funny he once saved my life once. It was when Shadow first appeared and when we still had the old land bridge." Rose said.
---
SC
#709 Posted: 15:22:20 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Really? Gosh, I never knew about that. You have to tell me the rest sometimes!" Gustave said, now interested in hearing the whole story as soon as Rose and Sayan were done with the situation at the island.
"I guess that proves he really isn't a bad guy, just very bitter. At least he is not a manipulative conspirator like Yodel was. If I had to choose between the two of them, I would choose Barloc any day." the big orca commented, surprisingly finding Barloc much more to tolerable than Yodel himself. One must wonder what happened to his brother, and that if it wasn't for that, he would've probably be a very different cockatoo today.
---
#710 Posted: 20:57:12 14/06/2017
"I agree 100% with you on that." Rose said with a chuckle.
---
SC
#711 Posted: 22:03:57 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Gustave was left with the desire of talking more, but they had reached their destination.
"Well, here's our stop. Watch your step you two, and good luck with the errand. You better go before that cockatoo explodes in fury." Gustave suggested, imagining that Barloc probably had a high blood pressure with that temper. He was going to remain nearby once Rose was done. He didn't want to keep her waiting and receive another hard time with Barloc, so he simply left to avoid distracting her.

Barloc was waiting on the edge of the jungle, pacing. He was bitter and paranoid. Who knows how much damage the anaconda da has caused already. After what happened to the poor warblers back at the Haven, that simply made his view of snakes far more worse than before.
---
#712 Posted: 01:29:58 15/06/2017
"Alright show us where the snake is." Rose said.

Ooc: I'm going to let you do the location.
---
SC
#713 Posted: 02:25:04 15/06/2017 | Topic Creator
A warbler informed Barloc on the anaconda's whereabouts, so the cockatoo leader lead Rose and Sayan to the snake's location without haste. She was resting on a tree not so far away from where she met Snow.
"Alright tiger. There's the beast. I don't care how you deal with that thing, just do a good job. Prove you can take that naïve civet's responsibilities." Barloc whispered, flying away and perching on a branch high up. He didn't want to be near the anaconda once Rose did her job, but at the same time, he didn't want to miss the action. It didn't mattered to Barloc whether the snake was killed or banished, he didn't want the limbless reptile in his home.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#714 Posted: 02:34:09 15/06/2017
"Let's do this right ... best not to give Barloc another race to hate predators.," Sayan said as they followed.

Elsewhere...Quote: Felines
When Sybil realized Naga wasn't going to attack again, she lowered her guard and calmed herself more.
"Whew, well that was quite scary. You have more control than a I expected." Sybil commented, but then she realized Naga may have taken offense to that. "Not that I didn't think you were unable to have control, it's... that it was tense this first time." she corrected, not wanting to be any misunderstandings.
"It's... it's fine. If you want to take a break-- we can resume another time. Or if you wish to continue... I can make myself scarce and perhaps give you a head start.," Naga said as if challenging the civet leader.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#715 Posted: 02:46:57 15/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil wasn't sure if to continue with this thrill seeking pursuit, but now that she knew Naga had enough self control, perhaps this activity wasn't such a bad idea after all.
"Well, this was just a first time, so I really don't know how snakes hunt. It was a little too easy for you. Perhaps the more we do it, the more I can learn and the better the challenge I can give you." Sybil suggested with a smile and an increasing calmness, not showing the fear from earlier. She was still a little nervous around Naga, but that was just natural. Civets were a heavily hunted prey, so her fear was simply an instinctive response. She was so happy that she could help Naga with his very particular problem, and if she managed to befriend him well, perhaps she could learn to forgive the atrocity he caused at the Haven with his previous hunts.
---
#716 Posted: 09:07:42 15/06/2017
Rose nodeed and went up to the snake. "Hey snake come down here. I want to talk to you."

Aurora came down and still looked ashamed.

"I have a deal to make with you. If I send you to Komodo Island will you help the Komodo dragon there called Zera? She has Nero but I think she could use the help."

"What? Y-you're not mad at me?" Aurora said.

"I'm disappointed not mad. So do we have a deal?" Rose said.

"Oh yes yes I will go." Aurora said.

"When you arrive tell them Rose sent them."
---
SC
#717 Posted: 13:32:22 15/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Barloc was a little disappointment with the outcome. He was expecting more action than that, but at least that anaconda wasn't going to be there tonight. He couldn't comprehend why the big snake didn't show any resistance or signs of attacking, but who was he to complain? He was relieved with Rose's decision, for her offer was practically a banishment.
---
#718 Posted: 20:13:01 15/06/2017
Rose then called for an orca.

Aurora just sat there waiting. "I am sorry to cause all of this.
---
SC
#719 Posted: 20:39:15 15/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Gustave was nearby as he promised, and was the one who responded the call.
"Here I am La.... what!?! Lady Rose? You have... a big snake behind you." Gustave pointed out, ready to attack the slithering reptile if it turned out to be hostile. Snake's reputation just turned for the worse when the orcas found out about what happened to many of their friend warblers.
---
#720 Posted: 23:32:40 15/06/2017
"Easy. This one is going away to Komodo island. May I request an orca to transport her safely?" Rose said.
---
SC
#721 Posted: 00:40:21 16/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Gustave wasn't sure on how to treat the news, but he trusted Rose's judge of character, so he made it his mission to ensure the snake's safe travel.
"Alright. But it will have to be somebody big." he commented, ready to give Rose, Sayan and the anaconda a ride. He didn't want to leave the big snake all alone there at Hunted island shore. He and Cairo were the biggest orcas, so he imagined one of them would have to volunteer for the long journey.
---
#722 Posted: 02:20:27 16/06/2017
"Sense you're here why not you?" Rose said.
---
SC
#723 Posted: 03:39:25 16/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Gustave wasn't sure if to carry such a heavy snake such a long way. Cairo seemed more suitable for the job, and now that he wasn't leader anymore, it could be the distraction he needed. Then again, he couldn't stand being too far away from Sybil for so long. His crush was gone, but his fondness wasn't.
"Alright now. If you think it's for the best." Gustave obliged, carrying Sayan, Rose and the anaconda to the Haven to leave the couple and then bring the snake to Komodo island.
---
#724 Posted: 04:51:25 16/06/2017
"Mr. Orca why do they dislike me?" Aurora said.
---
SC
#725 Posted: 05:53:48 16/06/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Was that question during the ride or after Sayan and Rose were left at the Haven?

Gustave felt embarrassed how the anaconda would bring that up.
"Well, let's just say big snakes aren't exactly in the popularity poll right now." was all Gustave answered, not wanting to go into detail. It was painful to touch the subject of the tragedy that befell the Haven, now more than ever knowing that Sybil was trying to keep the deal she made with the snake, but nobody knew how far she went to keep the deadly predator happy.
---
#726 Posted: 09:19:06 16/06/2017
Ooc: during the ride.

"Why?" She asked.
---
SC
#727 Posted: 02:34:22 17/06/2017
"Because-- because we have another big snake on the other island... the Haven.," Sayan began to explain pausing before continuing with his response. "He's a Python, but he's not like you. He... he chose to prey on some of the local Warbler population and news quickly spread to the others on the both islands.," he explained trying to choose his words carefully and hoping not to offend the new snake.

Elsewhere...Quote: Felines
Sybil wasn't sure if to continue with this thrill seeking pursuit, but now that she knew Naga had enough self control, perhaps this activity wasn't such a bad idea after all.
"Well, this was just a first time, so I really don't know how snakes hunt. It was a little too easy for you. Perhaps the more we do it, the more I can learn and the better the challenge I can give you." Sybil suggested with a smile and an increasing calmness, not showing the fear from earlier. She was still a little nervous around Naga, but that was just natural. Civets were a heavily hunted prey, so her fear was simply an instinctive response. She was so happy that she could help Naga with his very particular problem, and if she managed to befriend him well, perhaps she could learn to forgive the atrocity he caused at the Haven with his previous hunts.

"Perhaps... and perhaps it can help you as well. Just in case you ever encounter another of my kind.," Naga said speaking theoretically and unaware of the current activities involving Aurora. Part of him was satisfied with the activities-- or at least the initial test run of it. Another part wished for something a tad more genuine, but cooler heads seemed to prevail at least for the time being.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:55 17/06/2017 by redwes
#728 Posted: 03:18:12 17/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: redwes
Because-- because we have another big snake on the other island... the Haven.," Sayan began to explain pausing before continuing with his response. "He's a Python, but he's not like you. He... he chose to prey on some of the local Warbler population and news quickly spread to the others on the both islands.," he explained trying to choose his words carefully and hoping not to offend the new snake.

Gustave was relieved he didn't have to answer that question, for he didn't know where to answer. If there was one thing that Sybil taught them is to never judge an entire species by the bad actions of a few, a practice that was hard to put into motion when such tragedy strikes so unpredictably.

Quote: redwes
"Perhaps... and perhaps it can help you as well. Just in case you ever encounter another of my kind." Naga said speaking theoretically and unaware of the current activities involving Aurora. Part of him was satisfied with the activities-- or at least the initial test run of it. Another part wished for something a tad more genuine, but cooler heads seemed to prevail at least for the time being.

"You make a good point. Someone like... someone like me is bound to encounter a predator with not so kind intentions." Sybil recognized, aware that somebody as small as her could be viewed as food. She had many predatory friends, and likewise, she could meet enemies like Shadow, so she had to be prepared.

As Sybil prepared herself to run away, she noticed something was... off. Naga seemed down, and she suspected the reason.
"Is something wrong? I know this isn't the thrill you were seeking, but I'm doing my best. I hope I can get better for you, and I wish I could do more... but... well, you seem too strong." Sybil expressed, wishing she could give Naga less limitations in his hunt, but she knew those coils were no joke. She was perfectly aware that Naga could devour her in an instant if he really wanted to, so she was grateful he was being able to control himself, even if hunting was the thing he really thrived for.
---
#729 Posted: 05:00:30 17/06/2017
"Another snake?" Aurora said.
---
SC
#730 Posted: 05:10:00 17/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Yes..." Gustave answered, hoping the anaconda would understand the cautiousness of everybody.
"He... he committed the most awful crime..." the orca them explained, not wanting to go into detail. The information should've been enough for Aurora, if not, Gustave was going to leave the explanation to Sayan and Rose. He really was fond of the warblers, and knowing that they were almost driven to extinction was a subject Guastave absolutely hated to touch.
---
#731 Posted: 05:15:34 17/06/2017
"Oh.....I'm sorry to hear that. Really I am." Aurora said.
---
SC
#732 Posted: 15:40:57 17/06/2017 | Topic Creator
The group arrived at the Haven, and Gustave left Rose and Sayan to the shore while he prepared himself to take the anaconda to Komodo island. It was going to take a while, but at least it was going to be a distraction. He hoped that once he returns, Shadow has been taken care of.
---
#733 Posted: 21:13:56 17/06/2017
Quote: Felines
As Sybil prepared herself to run away, she noticed something was... off. Naga seemed down, and she suspected the reason.
"Is something wrong? I know this isn't the thrill you were seeking, but I'm doing my best. I hope I can get better for you, and I wish I could do more... but... well, you seem too strong." Sybil expressed, wishing she could give Naga less limitations in his hunt, but she knew those coils were no joke. She was perfectly aware that Naga could devour her in an instant if he really wanted to, so she was grateful he was being able to control himself, even if hunting was the thing he really thrived for.

"As I said... it... it will do. And overtime-- we will both get used to it and adjust to the new routine for as long as you will have me. I understand that this only an alternative until.. until a better source can be found and.. and I am willing to wait it out, my dear civet. I trust that you mean well and that you will do all you can to find an satisfactory solution. And while this doesn't cover all the bases-- it does cover some and that.. that can be enough.," Naga replied speaking from heart and his own desires. At the very least-- he seemed understanding of the situation and difficulty of it all. And a touch grateful.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:21:58 17/06/2017 by redwes
#734 Posted: 21:26:55 17/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil nodded, knowing she had her paws tied now. She knew Naga understood that the activity was going to be over, but what if she couldn't find another food source for him? That was something she didn't want to ponder about, so taking one thought at a time, she proceeded to climb down and prepare herself for another pursuit, but looking at the sky, she realized it was going to be night in an hour approximately.
"Alright Mr. Naga, we have time for one last hunt. After that, I have to leave. So remember the rules." Sybil commented as she left, much calmer than with the first hunt but still nervous about it. She wondered if the others were worried about her whereabouts. She wanted to keep this favor a secret, for she knew the panic it was going to create if everybody knew she was letting herself be hunted by the very snake that endangered the warbler's lives before.
---
#735 Posted: 04:24:32 18/06/2017
"How long will it be to get to the island?" Aurora said.
---
SC
#736 Posted: 05:15:01 18/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"It depends on the weather and the water. If we don't encounter any trouble, we should arrive in less than three weeks." Gustave explained, heading to Komodo island immediately. He didn't want to worry his fellow orcas, nor make Aurora uncomfortable, so he left without saying a word, taking a different route so that he wouldn't be seen by the pod.

About an hour away, the pelican pair flying to the Haven with a cargo of volcanic flowers, were happy that they were making excellent time. The wind was ideal, and it appeared that one of them was going to win the bet of arriving tonight. They truly hoped they had the correct flower among that flora of flowers, for the rest of the traveling birds were growing tired and desperate.
---
#737 Posted: 05:42:51 18/06/2017
"Three weeks? Wow the island is far." Aurora said.
---
SC
#738 Posted: 06:02:32 18/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Well the Haven and Hunted islands are quite solitary islands. Komodo island is one of the closest ones we got actually." Gustave explained, calmly, not mentioning that he could actually arrive two weeks approximately, but since he had Aurora, the weight plus the avoidance of her falling to sea decreased the velocity in which he could swim.
---
#739 Posted: 13:23:20 18/06/2017
Aurora gently wrapped around his dorsal fin. "This is actually my first time traveling by sea." She said. "I'm kind of nervous.
---
SC
#740 Posted: 14:45:50 18/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"It's no big deal. But tell me, have you been living on Hunted island the entire time? It's strange how the cockatoos never noticed you before. Their leader absolutely despises predators." Gustave commented, wondering for how long Aurora was living there. She clearly didn't feed on cockatoos if those birds didn't noticed her until now.
---
#741 Posted: 16:12:09 18/06/2017
"I've been there sense I hatched." Aurora said.
---
SC
#742 Posted: 16:17:07 18/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"What did you eat?" Gustave then asked, wondering why she never payed attention to the cockatoos. The big orca's greatest worry was that the anaconda let herself known shortly after the warblers moved there. It was too much coincidence. The poor little birds have suffered enough.
---
#743 Posted: 16:38:40 18/06/2017
"Well I ate fish." Aurora said.
---
SC
#744 Posted: 17:25:50 18/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"Fish!?!" Gustave said surprisingly, stopping in his tracks.
"Snakes your size don't eat fish! Don't you have to survive on pure meat?" he asked, too surprised. He was under the impression that anacondas and pythons needed meat alone, like birds or mammals, with only a few exceptions on smaller snakes like their friends Skaliscin and Voracivenom, who ate insects.
---
#745 Posted: 17:39:33 18/06/2017
"Fish was the only thing I could find easy. Plus some small rodents." Aurora said.
---
SC
#746 Posted: 03:12:12 19/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Now Gustave understood why Aurora was that size. Of course, she was big, but for an anaconda, she was rather small.
"So... what made you come out into the open like that?" Gustave wondered, clearly curious on why the snake wasn't discovered until now.
---
#747 Posted: 03:47:40 19/06/2017
"Well i wanted to make friends and her daughter seemed nice. But I just got a little excited." Aurora said.
---
SC
#748 Posted: 03:52:56 19/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Gustave said nothing's suspecting what that little excitement meant. Non venomous snakes kill by coils, and he knew they were almost pure muscle. Snow seems like a delicate cub, so he didn't even want to imagine the tragedy that would've caused if her mother Rose wasn't nearby.
---
#749 Posted: 04:19:03 19/06/2017
"I wasn't hurting her. All I did was just give her a hug."
---
SC
#750 Posted: 05:09:05 19/06/2017 | Topic Creator
"A hug?" Gustave replied sarcastically, imagining a hug and a coil were the same thing for a constrictor snake.
"You could've just offered a tail and paw shake, or maybe a nod. I may not know much about snakes, but I do know about constrictors from the warblers, and it almost never ends good." the big orca said, almost as if scolding her. Due to the bad fame Naga currently had, it was hard to like constrictor snakes like Aurora, and the majority of Sybil's allies didn't agreed with her when she said she was going to try to befriend him and try to make him part of the Haven family.
---
First | Previous | Page 15 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me