Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 10 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#451 Posted: 05:46:02 14/05/2017
"I'm not afraid of anything!" Snow said.

"Just be careful they are easily excited." Rose said. She looked to Sybil and wispered. "I'm glad the game is postponed at the moment."
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#452 Posted: 06:36:16 14/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil nodded, as they finally reached the beach. If Snow was going to meet an orca, it was better to start with someone small like Dagger. Her decision was met with a drastic change of plan, for out of practically nowhere, Cairo's mountainous size created a huge wave that soaked the trio. He was so close to catching a relatively large crab, but he accidentally sabotaged himself when he created that wave that made even the crab get very far. After grumbling his failure, he noticed what he had done.
"Oh, sorry Mistresses. I didn't see you there. I was... hunting a crab." he said blushing, believing it was too embarrassing for an orca to be bored enough to go after a miserable crab. Rose's head was hiding Snow, so he couldn't see that there was a third party in this little group. Even with that, the pair's visit was very welcoming, considering he didn't saw any of them for days due to the annoyingly constant rain.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#453 Posted: 13:58:51 14/05/2017
"Oh hey Cairo I've got a surprise for you." Rose said with a smile.

"Woh! He's so big!" Snow said coming closer to Cairo.

"Hehe meet Snow meet Cairo. He's one of our orca friends." Rose said with a big smile.
---
SC
#454 Posted: 14:48:20 14/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"... Hey." Cairo greeted, not certain in what to make of this particular situation. Just who was this cub? And what was the species anyway? She didn't look too much like any cat species he knew, and he still couldn't make the connection with Rose.

Sybil was surprised to see Snow approach him without even an ounce of fear, but that was good news. Perhaps this was a good idea after all.
---
#455 Posted: 17:48:17 14/05/2017
"This is my child. One of two." Rose said. "Me and Sayans kids."
---
SC
#456 Posted: 19:37:51 14/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Cairo looked at Sybil, befuddled at this revelation. Rose and Sayan were different species despite the similarities. Sybil then assured Cairo.
"Yes Cairo. It can happen. And it happened." Sybil expressed, having been confused herself at the beginning.

The orca didn't want to make a big deal out of this extreme revelation, so he just accepted it with open fins.
"Well then. Welcome to the world. I figure you don't know the ocean. Want to see it?" Cairo asked happily, inviting Snow for a ride and looking at Rose as if asking permission.
---
#457 Posted: 20:51:41 14/05/2017
"Oh! I want to! Mama can I go?" Snow said.

"Of course you can. But if I go with you." Rose said.

"Yay! " Snow said excited.

Rose smiled. "Maybe if Cairo is up to it he could introduce you to the pod and Jet if he is around."
---
SC
#458 Posted: 21:06:09 14/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"You two go. I'll go back to check on Sayan and Hunter." Sybil said, as she turned around and left. Cairo then carried Snow and Rose, feeling a little disappointed that he didn't got some time alone with the cub. He felt as if Rose didn't trust him enough to be with her daughter alone. He didn't expressed his concern though, and simply swam.
"So... why the other cub didn't come?" Cairo asked, creating some conversation while he swam to the pod, and correctly assuming that the one with the name Hunter was the other youth.
---
#459 Posted: 22:09:05 14/05/2017
"He wanted to stay with Sayan. " Rose said. "He's more timid than Snow. Plus they are all my world." Rose said rubbing against Snow with a smile.

"Oh stop it mama." Snow said.
---
SC
#460 Posted: 22:57:03 14/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Cairo wasn't exactly the caring type, except maybe with Sybil, so he didn't particularly cared about the display of affection.
"Most of the pod is hunting right now, and Jet should be around here somewhere." Cairo commented, knowing more or less the places Jet frequented when patrolling.
---
#461 Posted: 23:02:16 14/05/2017
"Well when they come back lets introduce Snow to them. But for now let's take a ride and perhaps visit Hunted Island." Rose said looking at Snow.

"Oh another island?" Snow said excited. "I thought there was only one."
---
SC
#462 Posted: 23:40:09 14/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Oh yeah. There is another island further from gere. The fog makes it almost impossible to see." Cairo explained as they approached Hunted island, which was indeed covered in fog, though not as much as yesterday. Since he couldn't find Jet, then a visit to the other island was a better idea. They could meet with Whirlpool and the cockatoos while the rest of the pod hunted.
---
#463 Posted: 23:50:10 14/05/2017
"Thank you for the ride Cairo!" Snow said with a hug.
---
SC
#464 Posted: 05:02:45 15/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Now now, off you go. You'll see a wombat with a speech impediment here, so I suggest you be patient with him." Cairo warned, as he accepted the hug. He wasn't much to accept hugs, but Snow was so adorable he couldn't shrug her off.

After leaving mother and daughter on the island, he prepared to leave them for a while, imagining they had a lot of catching up to do.
"I'll be nearby. And Lady Rose, do be cautious. Remember that stupid warbler Yodel is still here. I don't want you to be offended, or even less your daughter. You know how rude he can be. And you should be careful with Mr. Barloc. I speak to those naughty cockatoo cousins from time to time, and they believe that old geezer still hold some resentment towards predators." Cairo suggested, not wanting Rose to go through the hard time of being kicked out of the island by the cockatoo for no apparent reason. He wasn't like Yodel in terms of intentions and heart, but he was still bitter and stubborn.
---
#465 Posted: 09:15:40 15/05/2017
"I will make sure that old warbler doesn't insult my daughter." Rose said. She turned to Snow. Well ready to meet a great friend?"

"You know I am mama!" Snow said.
---
SC
#466 Posted: 14:22:11 15/05/2017 | Topic Creator
The island was foggy, but now to the point where you couldn't see. The cockatoos were home, most of them waiting for the playground to dry up. Whirlpool was, as usual, at his burrow, but instead of acting like a slave for the ungrateful Yodel, he invented headgears for him and Sunflame that would mellow down Yodel's voice and everyone else's. The warbler was driving them crazy, so they had the headgears and left Yodel locked up to have some urgent free time.
---
#467 Posted: 21:35:12 15/05/2017
Rose soon arrived with the young Snow besides her. She called down to his den. "Whirlpool! Whirlpool I have a surprise to show you!"
---
SC
#468 Posted: 22:50:29 15/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Whirlpool didn't heard, and continued doing chores he left behind days ago for succumbing into Yodel's spoiled demands. Rose's voice didn't go unnoticed however, and was greeted by a not too pleasant voice.
"You! Where do you think you're going!? You can't come here uninvited you predator!" Barloc's too familiar voice echoed from the fog, being perched on a nearby branch. The bitter cockatoo didn't even acknowledged Snow's presence, being Rose his biggest source of predjudge.
---
#469 Posted: 23:31:29 15/05/2017
Rose and Snow both jumped. "Oh you scared us." Rose said. "I didn't see you perched there. I came to show my daughter around your island and to meet Whirlpool." She said reveling Snow.

"Hiya birdy!" Snow said not knowing who she was talking to.

"No Snow we don't address Barloc. We ether call him sir or Barloc." Rose said sternly.

"Sorry mr Barloc." Snow said.
---
SC
#470 Posted: 00:58:20 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Unlike the others, Barloc wasn't the least bit surprised to see that Snow was Rose's daughters. He's heard from a few sources in his lifetime that animals that were very similar in species could produce a hybrid, although it was very rare, in the wild at least. Nevertheless, given how close Rose and Sayan were, he suspected that it was only a matter of time before they had children of their own.
"Whatever. Rose! You know the rules! You CAN'T come here without an invitation! Predators aren't welcomed here unless they got MY permission. Do you think I want you to just wander around my home knowing how a predator can snap!? How about what you almost did to poor Sybil a few months ago during the drought?" Barloc accused, having heard that event from the gossiping warblers that lived there now. A few of the birds witnessed how Sybil was attacked by Rose when hunger took over her, and unfortunately, the news reached Barloc when he overheard a conversation between the smaller birds. He lost his brother to a predator and Sybil almost suffered the same fate, making him more wary than ever.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#471 Posted: 01:22:17 16/05/2017
OOC: I've had a terrible terrible headache for two or three days now. smilie Go away please, headache!

Back at the den-- Hunter was bugging Sayan not wanting to go with the others. At least not yet. "Father! Can you show me how to hunt? Or maybe where you always seem to find those amazing fish?," he begged seeming more adventuresome and outgoing in the presence of Sayan. "Fine fine... I'm not sure what your mother would think but come along. I can least show you a thing or two and maybe even give you a head start over that troublesome sister of yours.," Sayan replied with smirk motioning for Hunter to follow. He would show Hunter to one of his nearby fishing spots-- something not too far off. He wondered where peepers was just now and more importantly... where the now too-close-for-comfort Naga was.

And speaking of which...Quote: Felines
Speaking of the python, he was going to visit another visit soon. Sholeh was still in the wetland waiting for her new friend, feeling very happy to have someone like him to talk to. They were both very much alike despite being so different in species, and that's what was keeping the mongoose in high spirit lately.
As Sholeh waited, a certain python would soon make an appearance having coming back from a quick morning hunt before planning anything else for the day. "Hello again... my dear Sholeh.," he said approaching his home but in a more neutral stance not trying to sneak up on the mongoose.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#472 Posted: 01:50:51 16/05/2017
"I'm sorry Barloc. I was just a little excited to show Snow I just forgot to ask you." Rose said. "May I at least introduce her to Whirlpool? It's the least I can do after all he has done. Especially dealing with Yoldel."

Snow got a little scared of Barloc and hid behind her front leg. "He's scary mama."

"You're ok Snow. He may be a bitter bird but he means well." Rose wispered as she rubbed against her head. She looked back at Barloc. "But in the future may I or Sayan bring my son here just so he can have the same experience?"
---
SC
#473 Posted: 02:09:49 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Barloc shook his head in response.
"No you may not come here as you please. And if you want to see Whirlpool, tough break. He has these things on his ears that kill away the sound, and you woudn't want to navigate that forsaken labirynth of his without him." Barloc warned, knowing how difficult it was to get around that burrow. He has known Whirlpool for years and he still got lost inside even today.

"And for the future, I suggest you send a warbler or another bird here to tell us of your arrival. Now leave! You don't want to scare somebody half to death trough this fog." Barloc said as he prepared to leave having his day ruined by Rose's presence. It was too bad that his wife wasn't nearby to straightned him out, cause only she could knock some sense into him.

Quote: redwes
OOC: I've had a terrible terrible headache for two or three days now. smilie Go away please, headache!And speaking of which...Quote: Felines
Speaking of the python, he was going to visit another visit soon. Sholeh was still in the wetland waiting for her new friend, feeling very happy to have someone like him to talk to. They were both very much alike despite being so different in species, and that's what was keeping the mongoose in high spirit lately.
As Sholeh waited, a certain python would soon make an appearance having coming back from a quick morning hunt before planning anything else for the day. "Hello again... my dear Sholeh.," he said approaching his home but in a more neutral stance not trying to sneak up on the mongoose.

OOC: Your body can hate you smilie
I hope you get better. Get plenty of sleep and try not to use too many pills.

Sholeh was expecting the python from the front, so she was a little startled when he came out of seemingly nowhere.
"Naga! Don't do that. My kind can be... quite jumpy." she said, trying not to sound like a scold. Naga tried not to be sneaky, but was unsuccessful. But that aside, now that the python was there, Sholeh couldn't wait to give him his surprise.
"Oh oh, look. I've been waiting for you. Check this out." Sholeh said as she dismissed the top of the container and showed Naga the gooey liquid.
"This is a special gravy I learned from... before Sybil arrived. Anyway, haven't lost my touch. This is made from smashed lizards and some other ingredients. I know this will be very useful to you. You pour this onto your food and not only will it taste better, it will make it go down much easier." Sholeh exitedly explained, very proud of her achievement. She has seen how dificcult it is for him as a snake to swallow prey whole, so she believed this was the perfect gift for him.
---
#474 Posted: 02:21:46 16/05/2017
"Barloc please let us stay for a little. I don't want Snow to be disappointed of not at least seeing Whirlpool. We will even stay here if you allow us to stay for a few." Rose said. "Please just this once."

Snow stayed quiet and scared of Barloc. She didn't like him.
---
SC
#475 Posted: 03:54:19 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Barloc didn't want Rose to his home, and was starting to see her desire to stay as a lack of respect for his wishes and authority.
"Didn't you hear me the first time? Whirlpool can't hear you! And who knows for how long he will have that thing on his ears. You're wasting time... and you're wasting mine!" Barloc expressed irritated, wanting mother and daughter to leave immediately. Only a single warbler was witnessing this, but she, like Snow, was intimidated by Barloc. She didn't like how Rose was being treated though, so she flew away to accuse him with Kali, wanting the ugly discussion over...
---
#476 Posted: 04:26:26 16/05/2017
OOC: Thanks. I'll try.

Quote: Felines
Sholeh was expecting the python from the front, so she was a little startled when he came out of seemingly nowhere.
"Naga! Don't do that. My kind can be... quite jumpy." she said, trying not to sound like a scold. Naga tried not to be sneaky, but was unsuccessful. But that aside, now that the python was there, Sholeh couldn't wait to give him his surprise.
"Oh oh, look. I've been waiting for you. Check this out." Sholeh said as she dismissed the top of the container and showed Naga the gooey liquid.
"This is a special gravy I learned from... before Sybil arrived. Anyway, haven't lost my touch. This is made from smashed lizards and some other ingredients. I know this will be very useful to you. You pour this onto your food and not only will it taste better, it will make it go down much easier." Sholeh excitedly explained, very proud of her achievement. She has seen how difficult it is for him as a snake to swallow prey whole, so she believed this was the perfect gift for him.

As Sholeh revealed the gift-- Naga looked upon it first with surprise followed by intrigue. He appeared to study the gravy-like substance and even took a ever-so-slight lick before responding. "This is rather... innovating and not something I would have thought of. I.. I could find use of this. Thank.. thank-you for this. This.. this gift will certainly.. will certainly ease certain aspects of my life here. This will make the hunt just a little more satisfying and... and I appreciate the thought and effort involved.," Naga replied certainly not expecting a gift of any sort. He was certainly given things before, but this gift merely supplemented his effort and the hunt would be a little more worthwhile. He also realized that he was making quite the impression of Sholeh-- something else he had also not expected. And perhaps... perhaps it was good to have friends.

Elsewhere, Sayan was showing Hunter the basics on fishing-- or at least a taste of it until he could properly teach both the cubs. "You'll find that this Haven is full of various watering holes both big and small-- each providing their own variety and challenge. Some are well known, such as this one. Others... others are more hidden. The more common... the more common the fish, but also the less effort involved. Come.. look...," he said looking down at the water. He would start Hunter off easy...
---
#477 Posted: 04:44:23 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Glad to have you back again redwes. Visiting even despite how you feel. We really missed you here smilie

Sholeh didn't know Naga has already eaten, so she assumed he was going to hunt a pigeon right now to prove the gravy.
"Well, I'm glad you like it. You deserve that and more." Sholeh said kindly, as she turned around ready to leave.
"I'll leave you to hunt then. I gather you don't like to be seen hunting given how distracting it is. I'll be around here for a while in case you want to talk a little more after eating. In the meantime, I think I'll go bother these dumb pigeons for a while. Maybe I'll throw a few of them into the lake. Let's see how they fly all wet." Sholeh said with a rather malicious grin, freely demonstrating most of her sadistic nature to the python. She prepared to leave, but not to avoid distracting Naga, it was that she couldn't stand the way he ate. It was quite a disgusting scene for Sholeh, but at the same time fascinating due to the way snakes could use a prey's entire body for nutrients.
---
#478 Posted: 05:05:45 16/05/2017
OOC: Glad to be here as well. smilie

"Wait... you can stay if you want. I've.. I've already had my fill for now.," Naga said hoping the mongoose wouldn't take offence by the comment. "Those pigeons.. those pigeons can be entertaining at times even if in their own dumb ways.," he then added taking an slight interest in the idea of messing with the pathetic excuse of "prey" he had available to him. 'Perhaps they would start to fight back more.,' he thought to himself.

Meanwhile, Sayan was continuing his mini fishing lesson with his son. "And that... is a fish. Albeit an common one but it can suffice.," he said quickly catching an fish as an example and showing off his knowledge of the subject. He would be very proud one day when Hunter lived up to his name, but he was currently proud regardless. The cubs were growing up just fine... albeit a little troublesome but he expected that knowing how he was in his younger days.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:15:53 17/05/2017 by redwes
#479 Posted: 05:26:01 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Sholeh was indeed disappointed by this revelation, having hoped Naga still didn't have any breakfast since she wanted to know what he would think of the gravy. She didn't show it though, especially since he would try it later on anyway.
"You ate already? You must've woken up very early today." Sholeh expressed, though wondering why Naga returned to the wetland if he already had his meal. She was under the impression that he ate pigeons alone and that he only visited the wetland for them. Why would he return? She thought nothing of it and continued talking.
"These dumb birds are an excellent source of food, but it must feel pretty monotonous to have only them as food. Haven't you considered another food source? Something bigger perhaps?" Sholeh asked as she set her eyes on a pigeon drinking water, getting ready to push it but keeping her ears alert to hear Naga's response...

And at the forest, Peepers was searching for the new family, when he heard Sayan's voice saying something about a fish. After quietly flying by, he could see that it was just him lecturing his son about the arts of fishing. It was such a cozy picture, but since he didn't want to be a bother, he quietly flew away, very happy to see the Haven at peace for once. He wanted to make sure to keep the image in his mind, since those moments of calmness have become so rare lately.
---
#480 Posted: 09:08:44 16/05/2017
"Come on Barloc. I never harmed anyone. I would never hurt anyone." Rose said.
---
SC
#481 Posted: 16:31:33 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Maybe not on purpose, but given the right circumstances and you'll do anything!" Barloc pointed out, getting very angry. He felt so disrespected by Rose insistence on staying.
"Now Rose, last call, leave now! I allowed the civet to use my island as a second Haven as long as my wishes and authority were respected. And you... you are NOT doing that. Am I suppose to continue doing that when you... the successor, doesn't even listens to me?" Barloc said in a very calm and patient voice, almost singsongy, but it was obvious by his raising crest that he was getting very furious.

Right then, the warbler witness was unable to find Kali, but managed to find her daughter, who was planning on a prank. It was one of the very rare instances where she wasn't with her cousin Angus. The bird told her about her father, and fortunately, Nia knew where her mother was. Both birds then quickly went to retrieve her before something bad happened, since they knew how insensible Barloc could be.
---
#482 Posted: 20:15:17 16/05/2017
Rose lowered her ears in disappointment. "Fine, fine just calm down. We will leave but can you let Whirlpool know I stopped by and would like to see him." Rose said respectfully.
---
SC
#483 Posted: 21:58:59 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Barloc nodded, but not enthusiastically, making one wonder if he was going to be true to his word. As Rose and her daughter left, another cockatoo took notice of them, having been searching for his naughty cousin, appearantly planning something big with her prank and wanted to stop her.
"Mistress Rose? What a surprise. Hey, who's this?" Angus said as soon as he noticed Snow, never having heard of a cat with that odd pattern of spots and stripes.

Nia found her mother, but then quickly left to continue with her scheme. The warbler explained everything, making Kali furious beyond reason. She knew Rose was a good and decent animal altogether, and she couldn't stand Barloc being so predjudging towards each and every predator that he comes across, no matter how many favors they had done in the past or how kind they were to them.
---
#484 Posted: 22:04:43 16/05/2017
"Angus? It's nice to see you!" She looked at Snow. "This is Snow. She is my daughter." Rose said.

Snow simply hid behind Roses leg thinking it was Barloc.

"Hehe it's ok Snow. He's much nicer than Barloc." Rose said.
---
SC
#485 Posted: 22:23:16 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Angus was left almost speechless when he found out Snow was Rose's daughter. How could that even possible? Snow didn't look like another tiger, so Sayan seemed like the only candidate. It was giving poor Angus a tremendous headache, so he instead concentrated on Rose's predicament. He found interesting how Snow seemed to be afraid of him, so he landed on the very ground, having learned not to be afraid of certain predators.
"It's alright Snow. I'm nothing like my uncle. Speaking of which, what did he do now?" Angus asked, knowing his uncle too well, and if Rose was assuring her daughter in regards of Barloc, that meant he did something.
---
#486 Posted: 23:13:45 16/05/2017
"I came to show her around and to meet Whirlpool. But he said I needed permission from him to be here even just to meet a friend." Rose said.

Snow came out slowly behind her leg. She gave a small smile. "You're not like uncle Peepers. What are you?"
---
SC
#487 Posted: 00:41:24 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Oh, yes well that's just uncle. He needs to feel like he's in control or he'll go crazy." Angus explained to Rose, feeling bad for how his uncle treated predators even if they had the best of intentions. He then realized Snow's question.

"Me? I'm a cockatoo. We're like, the warblers of this island. You know it is us right away being this white and having these goofy feathers on our heads." Angus explained as he raised his crest, finding them ridiculous but fun.

"Anyway, you don't have to leave. Please. Let's go find aunt Kali. She'll make you feel welcome. She's the only one who can get through that uncle of mine. He can be such a jerk." Angus admitted as he lead the way, feeling bad for mother and daughter. Barloc could be really insensitive, and Angus felt ashamed to have him make such a poor first impression on the very young Snow.
---
#488 Posted: 00:54:37 17/05/2017
"You're sure?" Rose said.
---
SC
#489 Posted: 01:06:25 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Come on Mistress Rose. Uncle needs to learn not to be a jerk with each and every predator that comes his way." Angus said determined, trusting Rose even with the knowledge tht it was his father trusting a predator that he died in the first place, thus igniting Barloc's hatred for them.

Angus didn't have to lecture his uncle though, for yelling was heard at the distance. The voices were unmistakeable. It was Kali and Barloc, and they were having quite a heated argument. Kali was furious at Barloc for dismissing Rose so rudely, especially her daughter, which was nothing but an innocent cub and didn't deserve any of that.

OOC: I don't think I've told the story about Angus dad. I should soon. It's a very interesting one smilie
---
#490 Posted: 01:38:22 17/05/2017
"Sounds like Barloc yelling." Rose said.

"Meany bird? I don't like him." Snow said.
---
SC
#491 Posted: 03:15:04 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
After about ten minutes of arguing, Barloc finally had enough and gave in, but instead of apologizing, he decided it was better to leave. Kali noticed Rose and her cub and felt embarrassed that they witnessed such an ugly display.
"Oh dear Rose. You honor us with your presence. My apologies if my husband doesn't feel the same. That stubborn bird. But wait until I get home. I'll pluck some of his feathers for good measure." Kali said furiously, hating when her husband was so discriminating. She understood his reasons, but that was still no excuse to treat animals like Rose like that when they had done them absolutely no harm.
---
#492 Posted: 06:15:05 17/05/2017
Meanwhile...
"These dumb birds are an excellent source of food, but it must feel pretty monotonous to have only them as food. Haven't you considered another food source? Something bigger perhaps?" Sholeh asked as she set her eyes on a pigeon drinking water, getting ready to push it but keeping her ears alert to hear Naga's response...
"You pose an interesting question my dear Sholeh and to answer... I've thought it but only briefly. As you very well know, I've preferred another particular choice of prey-- and there was a reason for that. You... you could say I've had a rather restricted lifestyle once-upon-a-time before I came here. And.. and under the guidance of my caretakers-- I was fed one thing and one thing only. I never exactly knew why, but... but it was all I knew at the time. And when an certain other alternative was suggested post my arrival here.. I guess... I guess I just never broke the habit. You are right though and it can get rather... well you said it. Monotonous.," Naga said watching the about-to-be-pranked pigeon alongside the mongoose. He almost appeared to sigh as he spoke.

Elsewhere-- fishing 101 continued with Sayan and Hunter. The young cub was showing initial promise and Sayan had no doubt that Hunter would become a strong hunter one day... no pun intended.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:34:29 17/05/2017 by redwes
#493 Posted: 06:49:45 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Sholeh felt extremely sorry for Naga. Being limited like that must've felt terrible.
"I know the feeling. But I've had it worse. Instead of living with one food source, I was forced to limit myself. So much I loved those warbler eggs, but of course, that Sybil had to befriend those annoying brown birds! I still had variety, but the eggs were just the topping of all. The best source of nutrients! But... well, you already know." Sholeh said, never having left alone that issue. She still missed warbler eggs. She took her anger out with the targeted pigeon, which flew away just before it hit the water.
"Drat! That one has very good reflexes!" Sholeh complained furiously, but then calmed herself after a brief pause and continued with the topic.

"Anyway, speaking of warblers, you did us quite a favor when you targeted those stupid birds. They were reproducing too fast. I felt like the island was going to sink! Which brings me to the point; don't let anyone limit you, not even Sybil. She thinks she's doing the right thing, but nobody is as equal as she claimed. I'm still being rejected because of my previous diet, which is why I'm here with you. I obey her because I have no choice, but you... you have a choice. Sybil wants to limit you because she knows you're dangerous. She's afraid of you. But Naga, this isn't a zoo! There are no humans here to limit your potential. This entire island is your home now, and you have rights. Don't let anyone stop you from being you, from doing the things you like." Sholeh lectured, sounding genuine and sincere. She really cared about Naga and felt pity for him, and demonstrated him more love in the few days she had known him that she has ever done with poor Warren for months.
---
#494 Posted: 20:27:33 17/05/2017
"It's ok Kali he has his reasons. But on to the main reason I'm here. Meet Snow, my daughter!" Rose said Showing Snow.

"You're not like that meany. Are you like funny over there?" She said pointing at Angus. She showed a small smile.
---
SC
#495 Posted: 21:30:25 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Daughter!?" Kali said, as surprised as almost everyone else.
"Hmm... so it's true then. It can happen with animals. I thought plants were the only ones." Kali said in regards of hybrids, but the talk was more to herself than the two cats.
"But anyway, I'm drifting here. Once again, sorry my husband left such a bad first impression on you young lady. He has such a horrible past with predators that it's better if you stay away from him." Kali warned, losing hope in Barloc, believing he was never going to be able to leave his disdain towards carnivores.
"Hey. You come at a perfect time. Listen, there is a playground that we built with the help of the warblers here. Snow, you and your mother can come. Have a little fun for a while." Kali invited, knowing Barloc wasn't going to like that, but Kali didn't care. He needed to learn to be more welcoming of friends, predators or not.

Back at the Haven, Sybil had located Sayan and Hunter, but just like Peepers, as soon as she saw them in the middle of a lesson, she decided to let them be. She wasn't in the mood to visit the scary python, so instead, she decided to head to Crocux's cave wand just rest there. She didn't even took noticed if Jack was there. She simply entered the cave and stayed there, missing the thundering echo the crocodile made when he snored. She was still furious at him for the rash decision, and as soon as he returned to the Haven, she was going to make sure his action didn't go unpunished.
---
#496 Posted: 22:00:57 17/05/2017
"A playground? Wow it has been a long while sense I've been here." Rose said with a chuckle.

"Yay more fun time!" Snow said.
---
SC
#497 Posted: 22:05:36 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Alright sweet ladies. Follow me." Kali said kindly as she lead the way, with the quiet Angus following. He didn't want to approach Snow feeling she was uncomfortable because of Barloc, so he kept his distance.
---
#498 Posted: 22:16:51 17/05/2017
Snow noticed Angus was keeping away from her so she decided she would approach him. "You're Angus right?"
---
SC
#499 Posted: 22:36:15 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
"Yes..." Angus answered, deciding to walk instead of flying, or more like running since Rose and Snow were walking a little fast to keep up with the flying.
"Uncle is very strict and bitter, so don't be surprised if he acts rudely again." Angus warned, basically repeating what Kali said. Angus knew his own father was lost for trusting a predator, but he refused to be as bitter and stern as his uncle.
---
#500 Posted: 23:17:06 17/05/2017
Sholeh felt extremely sorry for Naga. Being limited like that must've felt terrible.
"I know the feeling. But I've had it worse." [...] "Drat! That one has very good reflexes!" [...]

"Anyway, speaking of warblers, you did us quite a favor when you targeted those stupid birds. They were reproducing too fast. I felt like the island was going to sink! Which brings me to the point; don't let anyone limit you, not even Sybil. She thinks she's doing the right thing, but nobody is as equal as she claimed. I'm still being rejected because of my previous diet, which is why I'm here with you. I obey her because I have no choice, but you... you have a choice. Sybil wants to limit you because she knows you're dangerous. She's afraid of you. But Naga, this isn't a zoo! There are no humans here to limit your potential. This entire island is your home now, and you have rights. Don't let anyone stop you from being you, from doing the things you like." Sholeh lectured, sounding genuine and sincere. She really cared about Naga and felt pity for him, and demonstrated him more love in the few days she had known him that she has ever done with poor Warren for months.

Naga listened as Sholeh spoke-- almost giving an slight chuckle at the poor pigeon's defense. "The warblers, the pigeons, Shadow, Sybil... as dangerous as I may be-- I've never before had much choice in the matter and am honestly.. am not entirely sure what I what. What I do know is that is that this island, this haven, has much potential in it and that now I have much more potential here then I had anywhere else. You make an excellent point... I could do whatever I wanted here and they could do very little to stop me. That being said-- I was always instructed to do one thing without much regard to what I wanted to do. And while I may have enjoyed certain aspects of my past life and past actions-- I still have much to think on. But regardless... I am glad that you here, my dear Sholeh. Regardless of whatever happens and whatever I decide to do with my newly discovered freedom-- you have brought a little bit of happiness and a sense of.. of something good in my life.," Naga replied looking at Sholeh. He was very serious and true to his words, coming to appreciate the mongoose now more then ever. It was now the one constant in his life... the thing that grounded him as everything else changed around him.

Elsewhere-- the fishing lesson continued.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:00 17/05/2017 by redwes
First | Previous | Page 10 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me