darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Maxing Out Collection + Goldfarming Tips (All games)
Page 1 of 1
Maxing Out Collection + Goldfarming Tips (All games)
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 18:13:52 28/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Any completionists here who like fully maxing up their skylanders?
(Don't say I only did this because of JCat's topic, but I had this idea for a long while)

I have began cleaning out my collection for this year's Spring Cleaning, which I have been wanting to do for a few years now, but didn't even get far enough into it. I begin with SSA, then SG, SSF, and so on. What I mean by "Cleaning" is maxing out all my skylanders of upgrades, level, and even quests and heroics. I'm also including my variants and customs I use for the other upgrade path as it's became one of my skylander trends for a long time. Here's how it works:

Spyro's Adventure: For each figure, get to Level 10, unlock all upgrades, complete all heroics.

I like to start with a small handful of skylanders. Once all possible heroics are finished for each, I randomly pick another skylander from my collection as if I just bought and added it (Don't ask, it's just a fun thing I made up). I continuously grind Lair of Kaos, the final level, for gold and experience.

I begin with Double Trouble, Drobot, and Zap. These three were specifically chosen by me because they have the toughest heroics in the game, and they can be impossible for fully upgraded skylanders. It's best to play these heroics first with every skylander before doing anything else. So once I start using another skylander, I do those three heroics first, then max it up via Lair of Kaos grinding, then do the rest of the heroics.

Giants: For each figure, get to Level 15, unlock all upgrades, complete all heroics (New 16 for green bases), get gold rank/top hat.

I haven't done any grinding nor maxing of my orange base collection yet. But I can see where it's going considering what I'm going through in Spyro's Adventure. I think what I should do is grind Bringing Order to Kaos for experience and gold for upgrades, unless if arenas yield more of both. I'm also going to start with Double Trouble, Drobot, and Zap again in their proper Series 2 poses. Again, to unlock the hardest heroics for this game. I'll probably ask more questions about quests once I get to them. I'm also going to play on Nightmare Mode from here on in. But do I get more rewards in Nightmare Mode in this game?

Swap Force: For each figure, get to Level 20, unlock all upgrades, get gold rank/top hat.

Basically assuming the same than Giants. Again, not sure if Kaos' Fortress or other levels will grant the most experience and gold. Again, Nightmare Mode.

Trap Team: For each figure, get to highest level (I don't know what), unlock all upgrades, trap and evolve all villains with separate traps.

Should be easier since there are no quests. But I'll need to really boost my trap collection. I also only aim for different sculpts of each elemental trap so no two are same. (I may have to customize some traps). I remember grinding The Ultimate Weapon with Evolved Golden Queen as she can crack open safes scattered around the level.

I'll talk about SuperChargers and Imaginators when I have played them enough. My collections for those two games are too small to consider the stuff to do for total maxing. But feel free to answer any questions I've mentioned or add in what to do for these two games so that I know smilie
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Blastertron Green Sparx Gems: 114
#2 Posted: 20:23:57 28/03/2017
Just in case you don't know to gold farm for SC you just keep replaying chapter 1 and u get about 600-1000 gold each time
---
What can you expect from a robot who's battle class doesn't match his name???
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#3 Posted: 20:35:22 28/03/2017
Use the last Kaos Doom challenge in Trap Team for gold and xp for skylanders in that game and previous ones. I have observed that this is the fastest method, even on easy difficulty; you can get thousands of gold and go from level 10 to 20 in just that one level.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#4 Posted: 21:30:34 28/03/2017
In Superchargers you can just defeat one enemy and go from level 1 to 20 (sarcasm but still)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 01:24:21 29/03/2017
Quote: Kevin16
In Superchargers you can just defeat one enemy and go from level 1 to 20 (sarcasm but still)

Almost not sarcasm. Defeated some vault of the ancients enemies to try out Eye-Small, I think in Medium, and went straight to level 11.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#6 Posted: 02:38:02 29/03/2017
To get gold in Spyro's Adventures and Giants: Put the gold or platinum treasure chest magic item on the portal.

In Giants, I like to start with heroics, and go back to Flynn's ship in between each challenge, and get the treasure in that upper deck and through the door. Also, set the luck-o-tron wheel to gold or experience to get more of which ever you want.

In Swap Force, put the Sky Diamond magic item on the portal, hit the practice dummies, and get gold galore.
---
Any last wishes?
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#7 Posted: 03:55:14 29/03/2017
Hmm, so you're wanting to know how to quickly max out your skylanders? In each game or eh. So let me go down my list... Oh and max level in trap eam is 20. Oh one final note. In Super Characgers getting Rank 74 portal master rank one of the option is to allow EVERY skylander the ability to change upgrade paths. Sadly it only works for Skylanders that can be put on the game thus Sensei's don't get this opeion.

S:SA: When I started this, first I used the 3DS version to quickly level up. Seriuosly it's a fast way to level up Skylanders. Then I actually prefer to use Multiplayer mode, just make sure the one you want the gold, be the one who wins. However I should note that the gold is also based on the Level of the skylanders... and I also think how fast you beat the opponent. Aside from that I don't have any thing else for this as that's how I original did it though I actually only got to play through this one like once as it was forvever until I got a copy.

Giants: Again I used the 3DS version to Level up. Just grinded the final boss as he gave a TON of EXP. As for Gold, again I did the Arena battle for it, or just played through the levels.

SwapForce: Again Level I used the 3DS versions final boss. He's pretty easy and give a ton of EXP. Usually I'll have 1 skylander that I can easly win with out then switch to the other one after he's dead. As for Gold, I strongly recommend the Multiplayer. Gold is not only based on level again but removes the 'time based' part. And both participants gets gold. Trust me this is the fastest way to get gold for all games. After all when I found out about that Upgrade path thing for Super Charagers, this is the method I used for all my skylanders that could be used on this game.

Trap Team: Yeah I admit I used Kaos mode for the gold and EXP. when I first got it, though later any Skylanders I couldn't use on Swapforce for gold, I used here. Best practice is get a ood villian you can use (mine's Kaos as I swap to using just his fire attackSpam it and it's cake walk, even on Nightmare mode) However, change back to your hero in between turns so to save on that timer. Remember all EXP and Gold collected while playing as a villian goes to the Skylander.

SuperChargers: Yeah I had trouble finding gold as EXP I found a great way. For EXP the litteral fastest way is to spam the Kaos Boss fight. If you have Eon's Elite Stealth Elf it goes insanely fast (use those scarecrows) Playing this fight 3 times on Nighytmare mode (with still being a cake walk and fast with Eon's Elite Stealth Elf) will garuntee you go from level 1 to level 20(the max). However, a fair warning. When Kaos starts his 'I'm dead' animation quickly change to the skylander you want leveled up (at this point you can even use a second controler and skylander, but only at this piont as the boss might KO them.) Quickly get the EXP then do NOT wait for the cutscene, it's unskippable and quiet long. Instead remove both skylanders (or one) from the portal and chose the 'restart chaptr' option. Just skip the 'loading cutscene' when you can (which if I recall it's right after Flynn says the 'lavalamp is giving him the stink eye) And rinse and repeat. As for Gold honestly, the fastest way I found was what was allready said, replaying level 1.

Oh, before I forget, Vechicle parts.. to unlock these it's also best to spam level one. Getting a chest that has mods in it is not specific to where you get it (like Imaginite chests) And you can get like uh... 8 if I counted right. and let me break those done for you too.

1, in the first driving sections you get one through storymode so it's impossile not to get it smilie

2, after that you'll get the next section (still same driving partas it's after the doors and the camera shifts behind you section) You'll eventually see a path branching to the right st.. really just stay to the right. Eventually about when Flynn tries to take over the line about 'vehicles of the earh element are stronger in this place" you'll see a ramp on the right. hit that and you'll get a chest.

3, this one is in the same driving section and it's impossible to miss. (like litteraly you'll hit it regardless as it's right in your path.)

4, in the sea vechicle zone, when you're working to destroy that core thing. Hang back a bit. You'll see tube like things hanging from the cieling, these can be shot (you may have to jump I forget) there's 3 of them and one of them contains a chest.

5< after blowing up the core thing in the sea place, stay to the left, I think it was the 2nd verticle pillar but dive down and go to the left of it and you'll have another chest

6, once you exit the 'camera behind you' stage and dropped off in that little section to dock to the platform to continue on in the sea mission. Instead go to the wall opposite that place, there'll be an opening like a large pipe, go to the end and there's another chest.

7 & 8, In the Air vechicle section, you'll see those large ships that don't attack or anything, kind of looks like there's there for decoration, and if you fly through that opening in them you'll get a speed boost. At two of them you'll also find a chest.

As for Gearbits, grind level 1. I'll get into a few places to get some extra gearbits in the level bt this post is allready getting long and it should be in the walk through smilie (assuming this site did it.)
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#8 Posted: 16:01:55 29/03/2017
Quote: Wishblade
To get gold in Spyro's Adventures and Giants: Put the gold or platinum treasure chest magic item on the portal.

In Giants, I like to start with heroics, and go back to Flynn's ship in between each challenge, and get the treasure in that upper deck and through the door. Also, set the luck-o-tron wheel to gold or experience to get more of which ever you want.

In Swap Force, put the Sky Diamond magic item on the portal, hit the practice dummies, and get gold galore.

With the first 2 games, I used to just use the Treasure chest while I was doing Heroics and by the time I was done with all 32 there would be almost enough gold to fully upgrade that figure.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#9 Posted: 19:58:49 29/03/2017
Or, hear me out here...
Try doing every quest for every Skylander in Swap Force. Not insane at all.
---
Soon.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#10 Posted: 21:11:00 29/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wishblade

I've done these methods before, but even greater...

With the Hidden Treasure, I like to get the gold from it, then talk to an NPC, and repeat. The chest respawns in the same location you found it after.

And I remember years ago I used Grilla Drilla on the dummies using two sky diamonds (One at a time). I have gotten all upgrades very fast.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me