Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > ghost roaster's existential crisis- a detailed analysis
Page 1 of 1
ghost roaster's existential crisis- a detailed analysis
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 23:19:04 23/03/2017 | Topic Creator
This is something i’ve thought about for a long time.
Using information from the wikia, comics, and game backstories, i’ve concluded this.
Ghost Roaster’s mental state is ****ed up. Here’s why.

Let’s start with his backstory.

Quote: Backstory
There was a time when Ghost Roaster was neither a ghost nor a roaster.
Instead he was a chef living in a village high in the mountains. One day, while clipping wool from a sheep to use in a recipe, he accidentally fell into the Valley of the Undead and transformed into a ghost eating ghoul! After eating an entire spectral village, its Ethereal Ruler chained Ghost Roaster to a spiked ball as punishment - its rattle heard as he wanders the night, warning nearby spirits. When Master Eon eventually heard of his predicament, he figured even a ghost eater could be useful. So he made Ghost Roaster a Skylander... after he promised to eat only evil ghosts.

Let's start with the basics. He never did ANYTHING to spite anybody before he fell into the valley. So he's an innocent man/ghost/whatever. Of course, he then ate an entire village.. kinda ****ed up, but he had NO IDEA. He just fell into this place, and ate what he could. And then they gave him the ol' ball-and-chain of eternal damnation. He was wandering the forests, warning people. This guy had a life, made a couple mistakes, and now he's screwed up the wazoo. And Eon hired him for no reason- no token heroic deed, no relations to anybody else.. just because.

THEN we get into the deeper stuff.

If you remember the comic, Secret Agent Secrets, you'll know Ghost Roaster plays a big part in it.

In the comic, Ghost Roaster is part of a small team put together by Buzz. (the others being boomer and voodood.) Things start to get ****ed up when the team has been missing for MULTIPLE MONTHS, and only NOW do they remember. Of course, there are literally 100+ skylanders- hard to keep track of them all. So some token superchargers get sent out to find them. When they DO find the team, turns out Spellslamzer got to them first.

Turns out Ghost Roaster (and the other two, but it's more prominent in GR) got tired of being tossed aside, and pulled a Lotso. After Stormblade gets captured and makes a speech, GR eventually snaps out of it.

But that's not the end of the theory. If SAS is indicating anything, it's that the skylanders KNOW about all this "repose favorites" stuff. And they can TELL when they're being shafted- and some take it better than others. So Ghost Roaster's one shot to get his life back on track was ruined. His one chance of redemption was overshadowed by newer cadets.

So ghost roaster, in a nutshell-

>once an innocent man
>got ****ed over by an undead valley
>ate a village of ghosts unknowingly
>eternal damnation
>you can hear him at night style damnation
>hired by eon, one last shot of redemption
>tossed under the bus over countless years by newer, better teams
>ultimately forgotten
>briefly on the side of evil
>moved by stormblade
>back for good
>aaaaaaaand he's under the bus again

I can only imagine the living hell his life is. He's an old man (seeing as most newer skylanders are teens/young adults/occasional oldies), his life was doing just fine, he got cursed with a ball and chain, and then he got thrown under the bus by the only people that gave him a chance. Now, he's most likely on the last straw. artificially dead on the outside, existentially dead on the inside.

Everything does indeed, suck forever.

Hang in there, Olav. Hang in there.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#2 Posted: 02:02:05 24/03/2017
He is so trustable :3

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
#3 Posted: 02:46:46 24/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
He is so trustable :3

[User Posted Image]

this gives me flashbacks to the SSA days when multiple parents thought GR was too scary for kids
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#4 Posted: 12:18:01 24/03/2017
I always liked the fact that Eon recruited GR. Not because he did anything heroic or brave, on the contrary, he ate a whole village

Eon just thought it was better to have an Undead ghost-eater on his side...
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#5 Posted: 21:56:08 24/03/2017
This is the peak of cannon. Well done.

I like to imagine that GR would find peace in expressing himself on the canvass. I see a potential romance with Splat.
---
Any last wishes?
#6 Posted: 05:14:03 25/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wishblade
This is the peak of cannon. Well done.

I like to imagine that GR would find peace in expressing himself on the canvass. I see a potential romance with Splat.

YES PLEASE!!!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 23:14:53 04/04/2017
oh hell no... i don't even see Ghost Roaster having a relationship. And besides that, nobody would ever want a relationship with a ghost eating ghoul.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 23:15:36 04/04/2017
You haven't read enough fanfics then
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#9 Posted: 01:30:11 05/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost

i find it odd that most people ship him and whirlwind.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#10 Posted: 04:58:47 05/04/2017
I love smilie becuase he is a perfect example of just because he looks scary doesn't mean he's a bad guy kind of hero. In fact they literally use this tactic again with smilie with how everyone was scared of his chainsaw swords. For Eon's sake smilie was going to be recruited by Kaos originally. Is anyone seeing what is wrong with this picture? For a series with characters who are judged by their looks, why is it Ghost Roaster got it the hardest? Yes I'm aware that some thought he was scary, but come on he isn't that bad at all.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 22:38:49 10/04/2017
I have to say one thing I've always hated about Ghost Roaster's gameplay is his attack synergy. There's little reason to use anything other than his skull charge, especially if you choose the path that makes the already powerful attack almost broken.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#12 Posted: 00:18:41 11/04/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Bifrost

i find it odd that most people ship him and whirlwind.

HEY
DON'T DIS GHOSTWIND
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#13 Posted: 10:53:56 22/04/2017
Ghost Roaster and Chopscotch are both ghouls so maybe Ghost Roaster has a shot there. Unless Chopscotch is underage.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me