Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Help: Buying Stuff in the UK
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 18:09:34 22/03/2017 | Topic Creator
If this should be at the UK thread, feel free to move it there.

Anyway, I'm going to the UK next week, and I plan to buy Skylanders figures to fill up my Spyro's Adventure collection. But, since I don't know much of the place, I want some help. If any of you can awnser the following questions, I would be pleased:

• What's the best site to buy SA figures in the UK? Amazon, eBay, etc.
  • Do I have any chance of finding SA figures at stores on London? If I do, what stores should I look for?
  • Is it worth to buy stuff online from other countries like the USA and Australia? I might use this as a last resort, depending on the circumstances.

In any case, I'm looking for the following packs. If any of you finds a good deal online or in-store about any of those, I would be very thankful if you told me. Anyway, I'm looking out for:

• Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack
  • Pirate Seas Adventure Pack
  • Camo Single Pack
  • Warnado Single Pack
  • Wham-Shell Single Pack
  • Volcanic Vault
  • Legendary Triple Pack
  • Legendary Trigger Happy Single Pack

Remember I don't really mind getting anything used, as long as I can get Cards, Stickers and Codes.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
---
Bruh
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#2 Posted: 19:35:44 22/03/2017
Can't talk in certainties, since I got my SA collection back in 2011.

Ebay is probably going to be most successful for past figures for very cheap, though they'll almost always be loose. Some do pop up bnib, but not usually. There are also some Facebook groups for sell and trade in the UK too. Worth joining one, just in case.

Amazon Does have some up.
Dragon's Peak https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skyla...pyros+adventure
Pirate seas https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skyla...Badventure&th=1

The others you can find from sellers on Amazon.

GAME and CEX stores take in pre-owned Skylanders. But, of course, they're always loose and almost always without cards.
Other stores to check would be TRU or Smyths Toys. There might be some leftover stock if you're really lucky, but it's unlikely.

Imports are necessary to complete Giants, SF and TT, so be prepared to pay out the wazoo for figures that other countries get no problem. Can't say if it's optimal for the SA figures though.

Good luck, and welcome to the UK.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:36:44 22/03/2017 by Nroc-Nuika
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#3 Posted: 15:59:26 23/03/2017
Yup, in my experience, it's pretty unlikely to get boxed/complete SSA stuff nowadays, as a lot of stores have cleared out their new stuff... Amazon or eBay are the best bets for trying to find stuff that is still in boxes/with the cards and codes. Anywhere that sells them loose is unlikely to have the cards/stickers... Some GAME stores do keep hold of them if they are traded in with the figures (you'd have to ask), but I think for the most part they end up being thrown out. CeX is, I assume, the same sort of deal, some stores may keep hold of them, but will most likely chuck them. GAME preowned stock is dependent on the store, and hard to tell what each store has in particular, but CeX does have a site with a pretty good stock checker on that'll say which store has what stock (and stuff can be ordered through their site and one of the stores that has the item will send it out to you... Sometimes, though, it takes a little while for a certain store's stock to update on the site, and it may say they have something in stock but they don't actually have it... But it's usually pretty good!)

Volcanic Vault will definitely be an eBay jobbie, that was only available as preorder a preorder bonus for the first game at GAME, and any stock they still had would've been handed out to people who bought the game, even after launch, until they ran out.

TRU and Smyths ~may~ have stuff still, but have mostly removed stuff from the first few games off their sites, and massively discounted stock in stores, so it is very unlikely.

You can import stuff from other countries, but you need to bear in mind that customs fees (20% for VAT, plus a handling fee dependent on the courier) apply if the total value of goods is over £15, which can make things expensive, unless you're getting a lot in one go.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 00:26:14 29/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the help guys. Already bought two packs online. Waiting for them to get here.
---
Bruh
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#5 Posted: 00:58:19 29/03/2017
CeX. It's all you need.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me