Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Skylanders Voice Acting gripe.
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Voice Acting gripe.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1 Posted: 23:09:09 15/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I got Swap Force reccently, and while playing I saw the demo video for Hoot Loop. He looked so adorably whimsical, like he was having a hoot fighting badguys. Ultimately, I decided to buy his figure. ...Where I found his voice acting was completely different than the few clips from the demo. His voice acting sounds a bit... cowardly. By that, I mean, not the voice acting itself sounding like a whiny sniveling coward, but it sounds like they were worried about coming off as annoying, so they gave him an underwhelmingly mild voice. And while I do smile every time I hear "Let's ruffle some feathers," his voice doesn't fit his whimsical appearance. The voice in the demo sounded better. Were they really worried about coming off as annoying by giving him a voice that was too silly, or was it something else?

Speaking of which, I STRONGLY dislike Whirlwind's voice acting and personality. She's a complete and total prissy powderpuff princess, which doesn't really fit her rather angry, menacing appearance. They have a design that's pretty enough to appeal to girls, but ugly enough to appeal to boys as well, and then they ruin it with that overly feminine MyLittlePony-esque attitude. That's why I play her in RPs with a COMPLETELY different personality, because I like her appearance, but her voice and personality is so alienating towards males.

Anyone else have gripes with some of the voice acting.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:37:52 16/03/2017 by MugoUrth
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 23:26:18 15/03/2017
SF's voice acting is all over the place. Fire Kraken and Hoot Loop I avoided because their voices are very unfitting, then there are amazing ones like Rattle Shake and Rip Tide. Then there's Scratch who can't settle on an accent but Grim Creeper/Lex Lang is more John Kassir than the guy himself in spooky and nails it perfect.

Also Whirlwind I don't disagree, but in Battlecast they tone down the sweet demeanor a lot if you want to see the difference.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 23:33:58 15/03/2017
I like a majority of Skylander VAs. The only one off the top of my head I flat out hate is Zap Post-SSA.

Honorable mentions include Bouncer (you didn't have to filter your voice) and Sunburn (he's too sexy for his design)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 23:54:04 15/03/2017
W-Wait, did Lex Lang voiced Grim Creeper? Oooooooh boy, and I already liked this Skylander.
---
Bruh
#5 Posted: 00:02:43 16/03/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
I like a majority of Skylander VAs. The only one off the top of my head I flat out hate is Zap Post-SSA.

-demonic gurgling-

I think the only reason the Underwater imaginator filter is there is because of him.

Starcast is also a bit underwhelming. Doesn't sound any different than any of the aloof guys, in the one instance where filters would fit a guy made of stars.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#6 Posted: 00:36:34 16/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd

Rrrrrrrrrrrrd thhhhhhhhh lghtnnnnnnnnnnn! ...I literally had to look up what the heck he was saying, and I still can barely hear it.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 01:06:26 16/03/2017
zap sounds like mickey mouse has a mouth full of something tbh
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#8 Posted: 14:00:53 18/03/2017
I don't like how both Imaginators and Academy gave Spyro two new voice actors. They could've still used Josh Keaton for both the game and Netflix series. It's like how Capcom routinely changes voice actors for most of their characters.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#9 Posted: 14:20:48 18/03/2017
Quote: StevemacQ
I don't like how both Imaginators and Academy gave Spyro two new voice actors. They could've still used Josh Keaton for both the game and Netflix series. It's like how Capcom routinely changes voice actors for most of their characters.

Activision Entertainment and TFB are not the same team. Different avaliability and budget for voice actors, as well as different views as Skylanders Academy is alternate canon. The only actors that stayed either have mad range for their new personalities or didn't change(Kaos, Hex, Pop Fizz).
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me