Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Cursed Tiki Temple Delayed?
JLrosen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1110
#1 Posted: 23:50:56 12/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Today is March 12th, also known as the day we were supposed to be getting the Cursed Tiki Temple Adventure Pack with Wild Storm. GAME stores in the UK already have the pack, but as of Sunday, March 12th, as Activision themselves have stated, The Adventure Pack is absolutely nowhere to be found in the United States as of Now. I have tried contacting local areas that would be likely to get the pack (Toys R Us, Target, GameStop, Best Buy) in hopes of finding the pack. With Toys R Us' issue, they did not receive any, and NONE of the stores have said Adventure/Level Pack inputted into their systems. I have expressed my frustration through Instagram, and have contacted the Activision Assist page on Twitter about the issue, and I also see that other Portal Masters have become aware of the promised day. Throughout this week, I will continuously contact my local stores asking the question:

WHERE IS THE CURSED TIKI TEMPLE ADVENTURE PACK?

Anyways, feel free to join me in discussion about this pack we were promised today, but never received.
---
What is there left for this franchise?!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 23:55:07 12/03/2017
Never got to search for it today but I'll search my local TRU sometime this week. Even thought no one in the U.S. checked their stores and it wasn't there, you never know
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#3 Posted: 00:02:26 13/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I called my Toys R Us stores today. I waited as soon as they opened at 10:00 a.m. to call them. While they did believe that they would release today, Boy was I wrong. Prior contacts had them stating that they did not receive shipments, and try calling the next day. As of today, I was told that they do not receive shipments on Weekends. So now, I shall call them all week asking for the Pack. Also, the pack's not in their systems, nor on their website. Same thing follows for GameStop and Best Buy. Yet, I even visited my Toys R Us and a Target today. I guess it's least to say that we have a delay on our hands.

MONDAY: I have contacted my Toys R Us stores once again about the adventure pack. Also, It seems that the #skylanders hashtag on Instagram hasn't had any CTT-related posts today. Also, those traitors at Activision won't help out either. I pray to God that we shall have Wild Storm in the US this very week.

TUESDAY: I was fortunate enough to find someone from the UK selling the pack on eBay for $59.87 USD. Immediately rushing out to Speedway to buy a $65 PayPal card, I have managed to order Wild Storm. However, I still wait for him to arrive at local retailers here in the US. I wouldn't see any problems owning 2 Wild Storm figures.

WEDNESDAY: America once again remains to have NO CTT packs in sight. Also, Skylanders Character List has finally become aware of this travesty. Yet, Amazon UK DOES NOT SHIP TO AMERICA, but eBay can ship things, including the ever-renowned Wild Storm pack, with ease. Yet, mine just shipped off. Also, news show that the pack has arrived in Germany, and we Americans are still raiding our local Toys R Us store's phone lines with the same old question: Where is the Cursed Tiki Temple?

THURSDAY: Didn't even bother. At least the one I imported on eBay has shipped, and should be here in a week or two.

FRIDAY: An eBay user from Texas was seen selling a CTT pack for $70. This may be a scalper who purchased from the UK, and are selling it in the US.

SATURDAY: Still Nothing

SUNDAY: Why do I even bother?

20th: My package is at least in the US, so that means I should be getting it sometime later this week.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:24:06 20/03/2017 by JLrosen
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#4 Posted: 01:31:19 13/03/2017
Any response from the twitter post? We should all give them a hard time for this delay.
---
Any last wishes?
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#5 Posted: 01:46:54 13/03/2017
It's not directly their fault. It's not like they gave a date and purposefully decided to not respect it. Wait until the end of the week before giving them a hard time.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#6 Posted: 01:55:09 13/03/2017
No when you say March 12 in a statement that means March 12th not the end of the week! If the switch said 3-3-17 and came out 3-13-17 that's the exact same thing! Peeps would be pissed! If it ain't out don't place a date for it. This makes us all crazy because it did not come out when they stated it would. Look here Skylanders Imaginators coming to Nintendo Switch March 3rd and A

Brand New Adventure Pack

In addition to launching on the new console, we will also be getting a new Adventure Pack to keep us busy.

The Cursed Tiki Temple Pack, releasing on March 12th, will include:

Wild Storm (doubles as the Level Piece just like Crash Bandicoot)
Life Creation Crystal
Mystery Chest

It will retail for $29.99.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#7 Posted: 01:57:03 13/03/2017
I'm sure we will see t this week!!!!

I'll keep my eye out. But today was a bust. Went every where I could think of that sold a Skylanders in our town (Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Shopko, GameStop) and none had it in stock or info on their system on it or info on getting it any day soon!!

Ready for Wild a storm!! Bring it on!!!
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#8 Posted: 04:48:55 13/03/2017
I did not find wild storm but I did find the two new dark creation crystals!smilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#9 Posted: 07:40:54 13/03/2017
I agree....if they say it will be released on 3-12-2017, it should be out.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#10 Posted: 07:47:59 13/03/2017
I take guess. They were trying stock more to bring em to u.s after sending most of em to Europe?
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#11 Posted: 10:06:28 13/03/2017
Still no CTT in Italy too...
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#12 Posted: 12:27:04 13/03/2017
Amazon.de is announcing Cursed Tiki Temple for March 17th.
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
#13 Posted: 17:07:24 13/03/2017
not surprised in regards of being delayed
---
"
#14 Posted: 20:07:13 13/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Coxula
Amazon.de is announcing Cursed Tiki Temple for March 17th.

Thank you. I'll see what I can do.
---
#15 Posted: 20:10:27 13/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Unfortunately not. I have contacted them on the phone through their 844-435-7366 (HEL-PEON) number, and as usual, they cannot give me information about release dates for the toys. Never has Activision given a date to their Skylander toys that ISN"T the LAUNCH DATE OR STARTER PACKS and rip us off greatly. I never thought they could pull off such bribery. Fortunately, Amazon.de is getting the shipments in on St. Patrick's Day, but I have to figure out how to convert USD to Euros and have the item ship to my home in the US.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#16 Posted: 20:47:19 13/03/2017
I'm giving it a week and if I don't hear anything then I'm ordering it from Amazon Italy or where ever. At this rate that would be easier to do than to worry about who and where will have it in the USA. The way things are going, I'm having serious doubts about ever seeing Tidepool.
---
Stay Cool!
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#17 Posted: 21:19:04 13/03/2017
I live in Alabama, and all stores down here say that they don't even have it in back or in the system as of yet. I'm assuming just another phony release by Activision, or that Acti didn't send the packs yet. Target gets shipments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday IIRC. TRU gets shipments on Tuesday and some other day, and GameStop is trying to get out of the whole genre entirely, according to a GS employee (I know they aren't always trustworthy, but this guy was really nice and with the amount of TTL figures there, and the declining sales, its probably legit). I'd call acti and post results here.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#18 Posted: 21:47:15 13/03/2017
I went to my TRU today, they had got a truck in, but CTT was not on it.
---
Dead
#19 Posted: 15:02:51 14/03/2017
has anyone, in the US, checked today??
---
"
#20 Posted: 15:06:48 14/03/2017
My local TRU got a shipment in yesterday, haven't checked if CTT is on it.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#21 Posted: 15:17:48 14/03/2017
it's cursed. that's why it's CURSED tiki temple.

and LIM will forever be LOST
#22 Posted: 15:18:41 14/03/2017
you can see yourself out, zap smilie
---
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#23 Posted: 20:29:17 14/03/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
and LIM will forever be LOST

Watch that be Activision's excuse for not releasing it.
"We were never supposed to give it to you at all, didn't you see the name?"

I'm definitely looking forward to LIM, as Ro-Bow is definitely one of my favorites
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#24 Posted: 22:01:48 14/03/2017
I think everyone should just breath!!

We will see the Cursed Tiki Temple pack here in the US.

I heard possibly the 17th!?!?
#25 Posted: 22:17:58 14/03/2017
We heard the 12th, if acti isn't gonna honor their release dates, then we need to make some noise
---
#26 Posted: 22:28:03 14/03/2017
think we'll be okay!
#27 Posted: 23:40:59 14/03/2017
Besides acti just needs to keep pissing off its last few fans I guess! No biggie when its all done acti can just find something else to do. May skylands rip after this done. Its been a long bumpy ride for it to end up this way.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#28 Posted: 23:50:35 14/03/2017
Checked my GameStop nothing

I guess acti too busy making games and might forget about u,s release dates
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#29 Posted: 00:42:10 15/03/2017
i'm sure it'll come. it's already somewhat "out" in the UK.
#30 Posted: 01:16:52 15/03/2017
The yawn traps were somewhat "out" in Australia. We might have this years Thrillipede.
---
#31 Posted: 01:29:32 15/03/2017
Quote: TrapGiant
The yawn traps were somewhat "out" in Australia. We might have this years Thrillipede.

But Thrillipede, unlike CTT, was at least available from TRU online for a very limited time.
---
Dead
#32 Posted: 01:52:52 15/03/2017
Quote: mega spyro

But Thrillipede, unlike CTT, was at least available from TRU online for a very limited time.

and, ya know, thrillipede wasn't A WHOLE FREAKING LEVEL.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#33 Posted: 02:17:04 15/03/2017

Thrillipede got a mass release via his easter variant, though, and Yawn Traps provide no functional difference over any other trap designs. Basically the only things that didn't get a mass release were cosmetic.

I doubt they would give a limited release to an entire brand new level and a character that has had no variant.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#34 Posted: 02:36:55 15/03/2017
You all know what day it will be out?
It will hit on Easter Sunday in the TRU ad you watch and see and then 2 weeks later it will be out every where you just watch.
---
#35 Posted: 14:52:39 15/03/2017

True.

Quote: ZapNorris

and, ya know, thrillipede wasn't A WHOLE FREAKING LEVEL.

But if your favorite video game company (Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo) didn't honor release dates for a game, would you be ticked?

Quote: Muffin Man

Thrillipede got a mass release via his easter variant, though, and Yawn Traps provide no functional difference over any other trap designs. Basically the only things that didn't get a mass release were cosmetic.

I doubt they would give a limited release to an entire brand new level and a character that has had no variant.

I doubt they would, but it's still important to honor release dates.

Quote: trixster68
You all know what day it will be out?
It will hit on Easter Sunday in the TRU ad you watch and see and then 2 weeks later it will be out every where you just watch.

Why would they release it then?
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#36 Posted: 15:48:54 15/03/2017
I'm not too worried about it, they obviously are bringing it out. Wave 5 might be a bit dicey though. They are sitting on stock (figures have to be made months in advance, and Wild Storm probably had to be re-packaged to include the chest and crystal - which are also likely re-purposed from single packs) they need to move since they are slowly moving away from the console games. With no game this year, they can't hope to move the stock this Fall along with a new game. Unlike discs, figures are a significant investment to manufacture. The limiting factor will be retailer interest in stocking stuff that isn't really selling well.

However, missing a stated release date with no official word is bad form. The delay was probably due to re-packaging, but that doesn't make it ok to announce a release date then miss it. Activision's lack of communication on Skylanders has always been bad, probably since they are a game company and don't know how to properly ship toys (even though they have six freaking years of experience with it by now). It just goes to show how the competition has destroyed them in this aspect - Lego, Amiibos and Infinity all had release dates for everything and nailed it almost every time (a few small exceptions).
#37 Posted: 15:54:02 15/03/2017
I just hope CTT makes it to the USA soon, and LIM actually gets PROPERLY released.

just hope tidepool and blaster-tron won't be too much of a hassle.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#38 Posted: 16:16:09 15/03/2017
In the past few years of playing Skylanders, we've gone from "When do you think wave 4 will come?" to "Do you think they'll actually release wave 4 this year?"
#39 Posted: 16:24:50 15/03/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan
In the past few years of playing Skylanders, we've gone from "When do you think wave 4 will come?" to "Do you think they'll actually release wave 4 this year?"

this hurts so much, because it's so true.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#40 Posted: 17:36:34 15/03/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan

Yep, and I was thinking that early on. The Switch release and the turning two figures into Adventures Packs gave me hope they would at least finish it off this time properly - but in the end, they are straddled by what retailers can sell or not. Thrillipede was a victim of that last year.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#41 Posted: 18:12:41 15/03/2017
Well, so long as CTT, LIM, and Tidepool all go on sale online in the US at some point. I'll be fine. I'd much rather get them in person, but that's what I did for Thrillipede. So ill do it again.
#42 Posted: 18:43:35 15/03/2017
I asked TRU customer support about it and they have no clue about the release, or even existence of the level.
---
#43 Posted: 20:00:45 15/03/2017
I asked TRU customer support about it and they have no clue about the release, or even existence of the level.

greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
#44 Posted: 20:01:59 15/03/2017
in the "I Just Bought..." section of Toys & Merchandise, wreckingballbob got CTT and has photos of the items out of the box.
---
"
#45 Posted: 20:05:11 15/03/2017
Where does he live? US?
---
#46 Posted: 20:07:09 15/03/2017
in the "I Just Bought..." section of Toys & Merchandise, wreckingballbob got CTT and has photos of the items out of the box.
---
"
#47 Posted: 20:26:13 15/03/2017
Quote: Insane01

You said that already.
---
Dead
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#48 Posted: 20:31:03 15/03/2017
What's LIM?
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#49 Posted: 20:37:27 15/03/2017
Lost Imaginite Mines, I believe. (The AP with Ro-Bow.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:08 15/03/2017 by SoulfulWolf
#50 Posted: 21:02:52 15/03/2017
Quote: Insane01

UK...
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me