Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Samurai Jack is returning
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#101 Posted: 03:31:47 14/05/2017
I WAS RIGHT YOU ****ERS

MY THEORY WAS ALMOST 100% RIGHT

Quote: Metallo
The next episode description says that Aku will discover a secret about Ashi that puts her in "grave danger."

I think it's pretty obvious that the "secret" is the relationship, and Aku's going to use it to screw with both Jack's head and his heart. How exactly? My guess is he's going to possess her and fight Jack, meaning Jack will have no choice but to kill her.

A little dark, yes, but that's just my guess.

- - -

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE

The preview shows Jack walking in the graveyard full of those old warriors.

This is where Jack met the Guardian in Season 3. He may be returning here to see if the Guardian's Time Portal is still active.

The episode 9 description states that Jack's "worst fear" will be faced here.

Jack's worst fear (besides losing Ashi at this point) is not being able to return to the past.

Guys.....The Guardian's Time Portal is gone. Aku destroyed it and probably killed the Guardian.

It's now impossible for Jack to return to the past. He has no choice but to fight Aku in the future.

SUCK IT
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:32:31 14/05/2017 by Metallo
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#102 Posted: 03:50:21 14/05/2017
This also brings a pretty harmless episode from way back.

Since the Priestess decided to load herself up on evil matter, it's the same as that time Aku sneezed on Jack and corrupted him. Ashi is still Ashi, but she had enough aku-matter on her to be easily transformed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#103 Posted: 03:54:09 14/05/2017
^Yep. Makes sense.

My predictions for the finale:

-Scotsman to the rescue...Again.

-Jack defeating Aku will either kill Ashi or break her free from his influence.

-Let's face it: Jack's not going back to the past. Unless Genndy does a major asspull, which I highly doubt.

-Remember how Harry Potter accepted his fate and allowed Voldemort to "kill" him? I think Jack's going to do something similar. But remember that the sword is fueled by Jack's righteousness and morality; sacrificing your life to save others and defeat evil is arguably the most righteous and moral thing possible. Therefore, Jack's sword will become infinitely more powerful, and the gods will send him back (hopefully in his King-looking form like Guardian predicted) to finish Aku once and for all.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#104 Posted: 04:23:07 14/05/2017
I remember an old episode that said how the sword works. As I recall, the sword can only be used by a force of good to slay a force of evil. It's why when Aku once got hold of the sword, he couldn't kill Jack with it. I have a feeling that Jack can attack Ashi, but it will only destroy the force of Aku within her, leaving her relatively safe as she seems to be inherently good.

-----
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#105 Posted: 04:40:21 14/05/2017
Quote: Seiki
I remember an old episode that said how the sword works. As I recall, the sword can only be used by a force of good to slay a force of evil. It's why when Aku once got hold of the sword, he couldn't kill Jack with it. I have a feeling that Jack can attack Ashi, but it will only destroy the force of Aku within her, leaving her relatively safe as she seems to be inherently good.

-----

I don't know. She was clearly in pain when the blade grazed her.

--------
#106 Posted: 04:46:29 14/05/2017

-----

--------

I did say "relatively safe". Aku's gunk being ripped from her and the fact that she has part of Aku in her blood from being his daughter will still cause her to be hurt by the sword, but I figure that it might not kill her.

------
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#107 Posted: 05:10:10 14/05/2017

-----

--------

I did say "relatively safe". Aku's gunk being ripped from her and the fact that she has part of Aku in her blood from being his daughter will still cause her to be hurt by the sword, but I figure that it might not kill her.

------

Hopefully not, but I'm going to be honest: now that I think about it, I don't see how this could end without Ashi dying.

Think about it. It's not like Aku flew into her head and possessed her like any other demon: she has a biological connection to him. Therefore, as long as Ashi is alive, there's a chance that Aku will return.

If she absolutely beats Jack down, then fight-or-flight kicks in and he'll kill her without realizing it. (least likely)
If she resists Aku's control, Aku will kill her. (most likely)
If neither of those happens, she'll commit suicide to prevent Aku's return. (somewhat likely)

---------
#108 Posted: 06:38:47 14/05/2017

--------

------

Hopefully not, but I'm going to be honest: now that I think about it, I don't see how this could end without Ashi dying.

Think about it. It's not like Aku flew into her head and possessed her like any other demon: she has a biological connection to him. Therefore, as long as Ashi is alive, there's a chance that Aku will return.

If she absolutely beats Jack down, then fight-or-flight kicks in and he'll kill her without realizing it. (least likely)
If she resists Aku's control, Aku will kill her. (most likely)
If neither of those happens, she'll commit suicide to prevent Aku's return. (somewhat likely)

---------

I did consider that. I also considered the possibility of the sword killing the piece of Aku within her while leaving her humanity intact which would remove that threat. Overall, I'm remaining hopeful that she'll get a happy ending rather than getting killed. Jack has a way of saving everyone he can and doing a good job at it that can be rather self-sacrificing at times. This is rather the kind of show where side-characters have a better chance of getting a happy resolution than Jack himself. Her asking him to kill her even gives me the feeling of that being too obvious of a solution at this point and like we'll get a twist of Jack finding that way that other way to save her that isn't obvious at first glance.

-----
---
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#109 Posted: 06:45:57 14/05/2017
Ok, so about today's episode...
I was a little taken aback how silly the beginning of this episode was, but then again, it was nice to see those two just being just human. They were both warriors with one goal alone, so the distraction was a plus. And Aku is still as goofy as ever, so not much change there. But that ending... yeah, it was kinda predictable. So many theorized that Ashi could be... such part of Aku, and they were right all along smilie

I can't wait to see the finale... but then again, that means the series will end, and that's always hard to deal with. But obviously, I prefer a series to end on a high note and have a definite ending rather than one that goes on and on without no apparent end. Please don't let this finale be too sad smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#110 Posted: 12:27:48 14/05/2017
@Seiki @Metallo-

Jack could still kill the brainwashed rams from a few episodes ago. HOWEVER, he grazed the aku-matter on Ashi and it gave way slightly, so it's possible that the old method of beating the curse out of people still works as long as he has a strategy and her willpower is strong enough.
---
#111 Posted: 14:36:04 14/05/2017
You know, I've been wondering what will happen in the next episode. Remember that...
Aku took Jack's sword. It couldn't be to kill him with it. We've already seen in an episode that it doesn't work like that. The sword can't kill good people. I imagine is to keep the sword out of reach so that he can finish the job himself. Which makes me wonder if Ashi will ever be able to take away Aku's control over her... or will she go as far as to commit suicide to save Jack?

So many questions smilie
---
#112 Posted: 14:57:04 14/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
@Seiki @Metallo-

Jack could still kill the brainwashed rams from a few episodes ago. HOWEVER, he grazed the aku-matter on Ashi and it gave way slightly, so it's possible that the old method of beating the curse out of people still works as long as he has a strategy and her willpower is strong enough.

But it's not a curse, and it's not possession. She literally has Aku in her bloodstream. As long as she lives, Aku can come back. Therefore, she has to die.

As for her happy ending, my guess is that Scotsman's going to use his Celtic magic to let her live on as a spirit like him.

- - -
#113 Posted: 14:58:22 14/05/2017
Beating the curse out of [someone] is just a trope, I don't mean it literally. I apologize in advance for the link.
---
#114 Posted: 15:01:40 14/05/2017
Quote: Felines
You know, I've been wondering what will happen in the next episode. Remember that...
Aku took Jack's sword. It couldn't be to kill him with it. We've already seen in an episode that it doesn't work like that. The sword can't kill good people. I imagine is to keep the sword out of reach so that he can finish the job himself. Which makes me wonder if Ashi will ever be able to take away Aku's control over her... or will she go as far as to commit suicide to save Jack?

So many questions :O

My guess is he'll keep it as a trophy.

And would Ashi commit suicide to save Jack? Yes. Yes, I believe that 100%.

------
#115 Posted: 21:59:09 19/05/2017
ONE MORE DAY GUYS

GET HYPE
#116 Posted: 01:18:12 20/05/2017
I don't think I'm ready. I've been distracting myself with things like family meetings and gardening to stop myself from thinking about the series, so while time passed very slowly for some people, to me, it happened too fast! I just hope I can make it home in time to see this decisive episode. I have to go to a birthday party tomorrow and I don't know how long will it last smilie

My biggest fear is that the episode will happen either too fast or that it won't have a satisfying enough ending. So many of the series I've seen are so good... until the finale kinda ruins it all. I just hope it isn't the case wi this one smilie
---
#117 Posted: 01:20:41 20/05/2017
Yes, it will suck if the ending isn't very satisfying, but either way I think I'll be happy. We at least got an ending after all this time and can say that we saw Jack's journey from beginning to end. That's more than some shows can see and I really wish Teen Titans would get the same treatment someday.
---
#118 Posted: 01:32:46 20/05/2017
I'm still not forgiving what was done to Teen Titans. That reboot is an absolute disgrace, and I should know, cause my little cousins like it and I was forced to watch part of an episode when I had to babysit them. Why can't some people just stick to the original material or just came with a different series altogether? I loved the original Teen Titans so much, but that reboot is shameful and unnecessary smilie

But back on topic, at least Samurai Jack will get a closed, definite ending. That's much better than an endless cliffhanger. And they stayed with the original animation and story. Not many series have that luck. Just when we thought it was never going to have a conclusion, this fifth season comes, after practically a decade of getting nothing! We need to be grateful, so whatever the outcome of this series finale, I'm just glad I was able to be along the whole ride smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:57 20/05/2017 by Felines
#119 Posted: 15:31:04 20/05/2017
[User Posted Image]

- - -
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:37:07 20/05/2017 by Metallo
#120 Posted: 03:10:17 21/05/2017
THAT CLASSIC OPENING MONOLOGUE! I fangirled so hard and mouthed the words along with it.

-----
---
#121 Posted: 03:37:17 21/05/2017
Bravo. Just....bravo.

Not quite what I was expecting, but still satisfying.

Damn.

- - -
#122 Posted: 03:38:54 21/05/2017
Well, I watched the finale. I wasn't disappointed, just sad. And what I knew that would happen... happened. But...

It was great to see all of the characters that Jack helped return the favor. And the Scotsman was as awesome as ever, I had quite a laugh when he offered Jack one of his daughters smilie

But all in all, for a moment, I thought, hey, maybe it will have a happy ending after all, but then it happened. Although I somewhat expected it, it was still sad. Plus, we never got to hear Samurai Jack's real name. It's not important though. He lost the love of his life, but at least he got his family back. The series is over, and unless we get a glimpse or a commentary on what happened to Jack afterwards, all we can wish is for him to finally have a happy life and hopefully, find love again.

In conclusion, great finale. It had such sad moments, but I truly enjoyed it nonetheless. A rather satisfying ending, but leaving you wanting a little more. Now that's how you make a finale smilie
---
#123 Posted: 03:45:45 21/05/2017
I'm honestly glad we didn't learn his real name. It would sort of kill the magic so to speak. It just wouldn't be the same and fans would liekly still call him Jack regardless as it's the name he came to be hero as.

-----
---
#124 Posted: 03:47:33 21/05/2017
I'm honestly glad we didn't learn his real name. It would sort of kill the magic so to speak. It just wouldn't be the same and fans would liekly still call him Jack regardless as it's the name he came to be hero as.

-----

I think a fan asked Genndy about Jack's real name at a con, and Genndy literally said "Jack"

- - -
#125 Posted: 03:48:18 21/05/2017
I'm not hyped, I'm not disappointed. After 12 years... I'm at peace.
Can't say that for a whole lot of things from way back.
I watched TTGL so I saw that twist coming from a mile. Still liked it, it wasn't sugarcoated and the consequences had to happen, but it also wasn't edgy by having Jack commit seppuku; he just accepted that he wouldn't get a full happy ending and that would be enough. And though I wish the final battle was a two parter, it was still awesome.

Seriously tho, I joked to myself about Ashi being Nia because of her ridiculously dark past and role, and wow I was right???

Even with all the frustration and all the memes, Tarkovsky, thank you. Keep being you.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:53:44 21/05/2017 by Bifrost
#126 Posted: 03:54:18 21/05/2017
I just ignore most fandom. The more famous and popular a series is, the more frustrating the fandom is. I only talk about my series in small places like this. It's much better. So then, end of the ride people. I can say, this decade of waiting was worthwhile. I'm so glad to have been aboard until the end. This series deserved a closure, and after so much time, it had it. A ride that ended today. I'll probably watch the whole series again soon, but in the meantime, I'm happy with the results. Thank you Genndy for not giving up on this magnificent series. I hope we can see another masterpiece of yours in the near future smilie
---
#127 Posted: 03:57:04 21/05/2017
Oh yeah, people at the subreddit have mad salt. I'd say rushed if this was MLP or something that had smooth sailing for all of its run, but it's enough of a miracle that the team grabbed 10 episodes from CN. They could've screwed up at so many points of Episode CI, but as it is, it's acceptable and enjoyable.
---
#128 Posted: 04:01:55 21/05/2017
At first, I thought the episode was going to feel rushed, but to my surprise, it wasn't. Maybe the ending was just a tiny bit too fast, but the rest felt very natural to me. It had great pacing, and considering how many finales tend to be rushed, it was quite an accomplishment smilie
---
#129 Posted: 04:04:40 21/05/2017
My favorite part was the army of Jack's allies coming in and fighting Aku.

Seeing all of these people who suffered under Aku's regime rise up against him was....inspiring. They were so brave.

Jack empowered them all.

- - -
#130 Posted: 04:07:32 21/05/2017
^I think we can all agree that was the best part smilie
And I want a bagpipe like the Scotsman's smilie
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#131 Posted: 10:23:15 21/05/2017
It was good. I liked it and found it satisfying, but it's absolutely not the ending I wanted. I wanted for Jack to have no choice, but stay in the future and just defeat Aku there and then start a new life with Ashi and his friends. He was supposed to become a king IN THE FUTURE, right?. Maybe even Jack dying and through Celtic magic becomes a ghost. I get he was supposed to go Back to The Past, but still. Ashi having Aku's powers makes sense, but also feels like a Deus Ex Machina. Her disappearing was a nice (but cliche) twist, even though I liked her character. What really disappoints me is that now that Aku has been defeated, Jack's future friends might not exist because Aku hasn't taken over the world and through Butterfly effect means, won't influence the lives that would lead to Scotsman, The Dogs, Woolies, and etc. Makes it feel some what pointless getting to know them. That's why I wanted to have Jack stay in the future with an ATLA series finale like ending.

Unless Gennedy says that Jack's future friends WILL exist either way, then I'm fine with it more.

-----
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:36:17 21/05/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#132 Posted: 13:45:16 21/05/2017
The aliens and possibly the Scotsman exist without Aku's influence, even if way past Jack's lifespan(unless he's still immortal). The former had their own lives before getting captured, immigrating, etc; and the whole celtic sword story seemed to be an entirely independent thing.

-----
---
#133 Posted: 15:57:13 21/05/2017
Well, it doesn't mean that all the people Jack helped ceased to exist. Maybe they will still exist under different circumstances this time. Ashi stopped existing because she wasn't born yet in the far past. It's highly unlikely that she will be born because it was thanks to Aku existing in the future that her birth was possible in the first place, but that doesn't mean she disappeared forever. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the ladybug at the very end. Ashi stopped existing, but her soul probably didn't and she manifested in that little bug she loved so much. And perhaps she will be born again, but like I said earlier, under very different circumstances and with a very different purpose.

Well, at least that's what I think anyway. I hope Genndy would give us a glimpse on what will happen with Jack in the future. Maybe a comment on his part. After so many years pursuing the same thing, that change in life could be a little too much for him.
---
#134 Posted: 15:57:20 21/05/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
It was good. I liked it and found it satisfying, but it's absolutely not the ending I wanted. I wanted for Jack to have no choice, but stay in the future and just defeat Aku there and then start a new life with Ashi and his friends. He was supposed to become a king IN THE FUTURE, right?. Maybe even Jack dying and through Celtic magic becomes a ghost. I get he was supposed to go Back to The Past, but still. Ashi having Aku's powers makes sense, but also feels like a Deus Ex Machina. Her disappearing was a nice (but cliche) twist, even though I liked her character. What really disappoints me is that now that Aku has been defeated, Jack's future friends might not exist because Aku hasn't taken over the world and through Butterfly effect means, won't influence the lives that would lead to Scotsman, The Dogs, Woolies, and etc. Makes it feel some what pointless getting to know them. That's why I wanted to have Jack stay in the future with an ATLA series finale like ending.

Unless Gennedy says that Jack's future friends WILL exist either way, then I'm fine with it more.

-----

Too many fans were counting on the Guardian.

The Guardian's prediction was supposed to be interpreted as a possible future, not the definite future. If we already knew how the series would end, what would even be the point of watching?

- - -
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#135 Posted: 16:04:01 21/05/2017
Quote: Felines
Well, it doesn't mean that all the people Jack helped ceased to exist. Maybe they will still exist under different circumstances this time. Ashi stopped existing because she wasn't born yet in the far past. It's highly unlikely that she will be born because it was thanks to Aku existing in the future that her birth was possible in the first place, but that doesn't mean she disappeared forever. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the ladybug at the very end. Ashi stopped existing, but her soul probably didn't and she manifested in that little bug she loved so much. And perhaps she will be born again, but like I said earlier, under very different circumstances and with a very different purpose.

Well, at least that's what I think anyway. I hope Genndy would give us a glimpse on what will happen with Jack in the future. Maybe a comment on his part. After so many years pursuing the same thing, that change in life could be a little too much for him.

If Jack's future friends exists and are the same for most part, while also coming from different circumstances, then my slowly lowering satisfaction of the ending would rise up again

Spoiler hidin'
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:23 21/05/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#136 Posted: 17:19:33 21/05/2017
Jack's friends are a bit more independent and could quite possibly still exist. Ashi disappeared because Jack killed her father before she was born. It may be "cliche" for her to have vanished, but it actually would've been a bit of a plot hole if she didn't.

-----
---
#137 Posted: 17:39:38 21/05/2017
Perhaps...
Ashi will still exist, but obviously without Aku's powers. That ladybug symbolism at the end hints that. Maybe she will be born as an entirely different person with even a different appearance perhaps, the important thing to consider is that her soul still exists and will probably manifest itself someday, and that's where the ladybug comes in.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#138 Posted: 21:40:35 23/05/2017
watching tumblr light up over episode 8 was honestly the most amusing thing ive seen in a long time
#139 Posted: 22:07:13 23/05/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
watching tumblr light up over episode 8 was honestly the most amusing thing ive seen in a long time

IKR? I just knew that episode was going to be overhyped after that scene showed up. Seriously, why are people so obsessed with romance? Those shipping wars can get too overwhelming! It didn't use to be like that. I focus more on the plot and general character development.
---
#140 Posted: 22:13:41 23/05/2017
There was also the whole hysteria over 'omg they'll derail the plot into a cliche hetero romance!' which seemed to be drama for drama's sake. As anyone can see scrolling up/going back pages, not everyone liked it here either, but for different reasons entirely that THANKFULLY didn't affect the ending a whole lot other than setting up the final battle.

Except when it did because it became a reference to TTGL.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#141 Posted: 22:30:33 23/05/2017
*insert dean martin here*
#142 Posted: 00:32:34 24/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
There was also the whole hysteria over 'omg they'll derail the plot into a cliche hetero romance!' which seemed to be drama for drama's sake. As anyone can see scrolling up/going back pages, not everyone liked it here either, but for different reasons entirely that THANKFULLY didn't affect the ending a whole lot other than setting up the final battle.

Except when it did because it became a reference to TTGL.

Well, I do believe that Ashi was a vital character because she...
... gave Samurai Jack his hope back. As for the romantic plot, well, it's evident that Genndy was planning it from the very beginning. I'm not against it like I was before, because come on, Jack deserved a love in his life, even if it wasn't under the best circumstances. I didn't like the direction because I knew it would make the fandom crazy and annoying, but why should I care? I should stop visiting fandoms in the first place. Anyway, back on topic, remember it was that strong love that eventually was able to make Ashi break Aku's control over her, as cliché as that sounds. And we still got the finale we've been waiting for more than a decade. Plus, Jack was able to return to the past BECAUSE of Ashi. Otherwise he would've probably been stuck there forever.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me