Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Samurai Jack is returning
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#51 Posted: 03:29:50 30/04/2017
He got the sword back.

Ladies and gentlemen, ****'s about to get real.

- - -
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:52 30/04/2017 by Metallo
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#52 Posted: 03:29:56 30/04/2017
**** it! Watched the first few episodes with very little context from the old series. You know what...

I enjoyed the heck out of it regardless. Only seen 3 episodes so far, but I'm in love with everything I'm seeing.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#53 Posted: 03:35:45 30/04/2017
Since I changed TV packages, I finally got to see the episode as soon as it showed. And...

Wow, I'm impressed. This was the most intense episode since the first two of the season. Ashi beating up a whole army was so great to see! And Jack getting his sword back, I was expecting that, though I wasn't expecting him returning to his original appearance just like that! Talk about nostalgia! Now this is going to be good!
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#54 Posted: 04:29:41 30/04/2017
oh boy this is getting lit
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#55 Posted: 13:09:08 30/04/2017
Today's episode-

The Priestess died as she lived - with minimal screentime despite her scenery-eating voice actress potential
Not that I'm complaining, that was super satisfying.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:09:36 30/04/2017 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#56 Posted: 13:26:31 30/04/2017
Episode was great! I felt the ending was rushed, but it was still great. 3 more episodes left!

WHERE'S SCOTSMAN?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#57 Posted: 16:05:30 30/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Today's episode-

The Priestess died as she lived - with minimal screentime despite her scenery-eating voice actress potential
Not that I'm complaining, that was super satisfying.

Every plot summary I can find online says she was "seemingly" killed. I don't think she'll come back per se, but something tells me we haven't seen the last of her or the Cult yet.

- - -
#58 Posted: 16:12:29 30/04/2017
None of that looked seemingly. One of the Sisters was similarly stabbed through the stomach, not to mention the huge fall off of that mountain. Unless she has some sort of magic powers, but it wasn't mentioned up until now - she doesn't even have the coal skin since we know from the first episode it's a robe.

-----
---
#59 Posted: 16:16:34 30/04/2017
None of that looked seemingly. One of the Sisters was similarly stabbed through the stomach, not to mention the huge fall off of that mountain. Unless she has some sort of magic powers, but it wasn't mentioned up until now - she doesn't even have the coal skin since we know from the first episode it's a robe.

-----

Oh yeah, she herself is toast, I agree. But I just get a weird feeling that the Cult storyline isn't completely resolved.

For the JoJo fans in this topic:

[User Posted Image]

Also, I'm going to make a very bold prediction:

Ashi is going to die
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:29 01/05/2017 by Metallo
#60 Posted: 22:20:39 01/05/2017
^Everybody is predicting that. I hope that isn't the case, but I still don't think that is going to happen. We'll see...
---
#61 Posted: 00:23:48 02/05/2017
I dont ship it....
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#62 Posted: 01:31:28 02/05/2017
Me neither. Come on people, I admit shipping is fun sometimes, but only with appropriate characters. Even if Jack returned, he's still much older than Ashi, and I see them more as a father-daughter or teacher-pupil team. I hope Genndy keeps it that way and doesn't succumb to the wishes of the obsessive fandom (unless he already planned it from the very beginning). I won't get angry if he does takes that road, but I'll be disappointed nonetheless smilie

Now with Jack regaining his youth, the possibility of a romance is higher and a little more appropriate. However, I still stand my previous case. So many series with romance already! I want to see other kinds of relationships! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:51:21 02/05/2017 by Felines
#63 Posted: 19:48:16 02/05/2017
Keep in mind that Ashi is likely in her early 20s at the oldest, and Jack is at least 75 (if my math is right, he was 25 at the start of the series, excluding the scenes of Baby Jack of course). Shipping them would ruin the season for me, honestly.

But yeah. I have a very strong feeling that the series cannot end without the death of at least one more major character. As original as it would be to kill Jack, I just don't see it happening. So my money's on Ashi.
#64 Posted: 19:58:26 02/05/2017
That theory is hard to dismiss, but I don't think it's her. We were already treated with a major character's death, even if he's not completely gone. However...

Ashi was born within Aku's timeline as supreme ruler, so what can happen that if Jack slays him without returning to his own time, then Ashi will remain, unless something else happens to her. If Jack returns to his own time and slays Aku there, then Ashi will cease to exist. Remember that she was born in that specific timeline and for a purpose, but if that purpose is no longer there, then it's probable that she won't be able to exist nonetheless. If she chooses to return with Jack, I doubt it will change a thing. Maybe that's what Aku will warn Jack about in the episode before the last?

Ugh, I think I'm done speculating. Timelines are so hard to comprehend smilie
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#65 Posted: 21:29:51 02/05/2017
Yeah, it's kinda weird shipping them especially if you think about the age difference. But I do see the plausibility in a happy ending where after Jack slays Aku, he starts a family of his own with a wife and kid while working to rebuild Japan. Ashi being there makes her an easy opportunity from a writing standpoint to end up the wife in that scenario.

-----
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#66 Posted: 23:20:20 02/05/2017
Dunno, I kinda got a mentor-apprentice vibe from episode 5. Barring any sad endings,
kinda felt like Ashi would be the one to go next in a journey across the land to learn as much as possible since she seems eager to see the world already and defend it from future threats.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:34 02/05/2017 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#67 Posted: 00:03:49 03/05/2017
So... I just caught up on Samurai Jack

HNNNNNNNG!! OH DEAR GOD I LOVE THE **** OUTTA THIS! I mean not only is it a great continuation of a story that really needed concluding, but as a standalone mini series this holds up PHENOMENALLY!

I love Jack, I love Ashi, I looooooove Aku, I love Scaramush along with the other side characters, and I ****ing love the artstyle & animation. **** makes me wanna shed a tear! I really need to watch the old show ASAP!
#68 Posted: 01:13:23 03/05/2017
^Yep. Other writers should take notes. THAT is the way to continue a great series smilie
---
#69 Posted: 03:26:03 07/05/2017
Yep. They're going that route.

-----
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#70 Posted: 03:28:01 07/05/2017
So, today.

I KNOW I KNOW THE PREVIEW IS SUSPICIOUS, but holy ****. Filler and... That?

Tarkovsky, don't forsake us now, we're so close.
---
#71 Posted: 03:31:33 07/05/2017
So, erm.....That was certainly an episode....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

WHY

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY DO THIS

OKAY, I GET THAT THEY WANTED TO GIVE JACK A LOVE INTEREST, BUT DID THEY REALLY HAVE TO DO THIS?
#72 Posted: 03:31:40 07/05/2017
Ahhhh come on. Good episode on a pre-season 5 standard but it felt like filler.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:32:04 07/05/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#73 Posted: 03:35:06 07/05/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Ahhhh come on. Good episode on a pre-season 5 standard but it felt like filler.

That's because it was filler
#74 Posted: 03:37:59 07/05/2017
It was 100% filler.

EVEN with the relationship, they didn't have to go that far. The entire episode was sex jokes, it felt nothing like SJ even with the fights. When I saw the start I was happy with a cute tease and cut to the next episode with them being ok with it, but this...

[User Posted Image]
---
#75 Posted: 03:40:53 07/05/2017
It was 100% filler.

EVEN with the relationship, they didn't have to go that far. The entire episode was sex jokes, it felt nothing like SJ even with the fights. When I saw the start I was happy with a cute tease and cut to the next episode with them being ok with it, but this...

[User Posted Image]

Not going to lie, I did have a good chuckle with the "Something's poking me" bit, but the entire episode I thought that all the awkwardness was confirmation that it wasn't going to happen because Genndy's not this obvious, he's a better storyteller than that.

I suppose I was wrong.

- - -
#76 Posted: 03:42:39 07/05/2017
Doesn't help that because waifu, a good chunk of the fandom is 100% ok with this despite this being one of 10 episodes that got wasted.

The objective would've been ok age gap aside. THE EXCECUTION WAS NOT OK
---
#77 Posted: 03:44:30 07/05/2017
Well, I watched the episode, and...

I knew it! I knew they were going to the next level! I didn't want to believe it, but the hints were there. I mean come on! Jack recovered his youth in the previous episode. I knew there was a reason behind that! I was to make his relationship with Ashi more appropriate! And let's not forget that the preview of this episode clearly stated the burgeoning relationship between the two. I knew that word was there for something. It's nice that they give Jack a love interest... but if only it could've been under much different circumstances. I mean, biologically speaking now, the two characters are close in age, but still, I wish it would've taken a different route.

Overall, not a bad episode, but compared to the others, it was kinda weak. I was expecting more action. The suspense wasn't very convincing either. Either way, at least it was a rest from the intensity of the previous episodes. Next one seems like it's going to get back in pace.
---
#78 Posted: 03:56:16 07/05/2017
On second thought....

I will admit, Jack having a love interest does make him look substantially more....human. And one of the intentions of the season is definitely to show Jack's vulnerable emotional side since he was always the stoic warrior in the original series. So I can forgive it.

But the fact that they just had to be a couple kind of irks me. And as someone else said, the execution was horrible.

And there was a strange cut to black during the kiss.....Something tells me there was a hidden frame....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:57:25 07/05/2017 by Metallo
#79 Posted: 04:05:51 07/05/2017
Definitely the weakest entry in the season. Like I stated about two or three posts ago, I'm not angry, just very disappointed. Not much because of the turn it took, but the way it was displayed. I think it was a bit too fast... unless of course there were many interactions offscreen, but nevertheless, I expected a very different episode smilie
---
#80 Posted: 04:10:40 07/05/2017
Them being a couple really doesn't bother me. Yeah there's that age gap, but wit seemed rather clear that thanks to time-travel magic, Jack isn't aging and has pretty much been the same age biologically the whole time. Still weird, but less weird than it could be. I also refer back to my post about a potential ending. She'll likely go back to his home time with him when the time comes for that.

As others are saying though, the execution was terrible. Like no real romance there. Just a lot of awkward moments that ends with a "thank god we're not dead!" kiss.

-----
---
#81 Posted: 04:37:07 07/05/2017
The next episode description says that Aku will discover a secret about Ashi that puts her in "grave danger."

I think it's pretty obvious that the "secret" is the relationship, and Aku's going to use it to screw with both Jack's head and his heart. How exactly? My guess is he's going to possess her and fight Jack, meaning Jack will have no choice but to kill her.

A little dark, yes, but that's just my guess.

- - -
#82 Posted: 04:51:00 07/05/2017
^That's a good theory, except for one thing;

Ashi is confirmed to be in the very last episode, so Jack killing her is not what is going to happen... unless they pull a Scotsman withher too, which would be way too weird to pull off. As for that secret, I can only imagine. I'm done speculating. I'll just wait for the episode and see what happens.
---
#83 Posted: 04:56:21 07/05/2017
Quote: Felines
^That's a good theory, except for one thing;

Ashi is confirmed to be in the very last episode, so Jack killing her is not what is going to happen... unless they pull a Scotsman with her too, which would be way too weird to pull off. As for that secret, I can only imagine. I'm done speculating. I'll just wait for the episode and see what happens.

So is the High Priestess, but their voice credits have nothing to do with their characters. Could very well be a hallucination or flashback, like the Emperor.

- - -
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:59:35 07/05/2017 by Metallo
#84 Posted: 05:01:33 07/05/2017
Forgot about that High priestess detail. Still, I don't want to think something particularly bad will happen. Like I said, no more speculating for me. I'll just wait for the episode to air smilie
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#85 Posted: 05:51:36 07/05/2017
samurai jacks off?

5char
#86 Posted: 07:01:03 07/05/2017
Okay, so after some thought, I've changed my opinion about this episode.

Yes, the episode was filler. But maybe Genndy intended that as a throwback to the older episodes. I'd say less than half of the old episodes were actually important to the plot, and the rest were filler. If that's the case, then he did a damn good job.

As far as Jashi goes.....I'm still not a fan. And yes, it was poorly executed from a dramatic standpoint. But maybe the cheesy awkwardness was also what Genndy intended, for the same reason: to bring back the campy tone of the original. And who knows, their relationship may enhance the plot for these last two episodes.

The poor execution and overall rushed feel of the episode could also be due to the brevity of the season, which I'm sure Genndy had no control over. I'm certain that the Cartoon Network execs probably weren't too confident in the merits of bringing back a 16-year-old show with meh ratings in the first place, so they imposed the limit to save their budget.

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE

The preview shows Jack walking in the graveyard full of those old warriors.

This is where Jack met the Guardian in Season 3. He may be returning here to see if the Guardian's Time Portal is still active.

The episode 9 description states that Jack's "worst fear" will be faced here.

Jack's worst fear (besides losing Ashi at this point) is not being able to return to the past.

Guys.....The Guardian's Time Portal is gone. Aku destroyed it and probably killed the Guardian.

It's now impossible for Jack to return to the past. He has no choice but to fight Aku in the future.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:27:12 07/05/2017 by Metallo
#87 Posted: 13:01:38 07/05/2017
That first spoiler is a very good point. This season has been so plot oriented that we had forgotten how much filler the entire series really had. And...

Jashi? Is that how they're really calling it? I feel way behind now. I'm not against it, but... well, it could've been displayed in a much better way. Oh well. But that aside, about the next episode, yes, it does look like the place that appeared in Jack and the Creatures, and if I recall, the Guardian defeated Jack and would've killed him if it wasn't for the portal stopping him. I remember it well; the portal showed an image of Jack, beard and all, and said to the Guardian he would be the one to cross it, but not back then. If the portal is destroyed, it means the prophecy is as well, unless the Guardian found a way to maintain the portal and himself hidden from Aku and now Jack is looking for them. And that brings us to the next question; where the heck is Ashi during that preview? smilie
---
#88 Posted: 16:07:00 07/05/2017
That first spoiler is a very good point. This season has been so plot oriented that we had forgotten how much filler the entire series really had. And...

Jashi? Is that how they're really calling it? I feel way behind now. I'm not against it, but... well, it could've been displayed in a much better way. Oh well. But that aside, about the next episode, yes, it does look like the place that appeared in Jack and the Creatures, and if I recall, the Guardian defeated Jack and would've killed him if it wasn't for the portal stopping him. I remember it well; the portal showed an image of Jack, beard and all, and said to the Guardian he would be the one to cross it, but not back then. If the portal is destroyed, it means the prophecy is as well, unless the Guardian found a way to maintain the portal and himself hidden from Aku and now Jack is looking for them. And that brings us to the next question; where the heck is Ashi during that preview? >_<

To confirm my theory, I checked the credits for the next two episodes. Kevin Michael Richardson is completely absent, so that pretty much confirms that there's no Guardian. Unless he has very few lines and they just didn't bother to credit him.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jack and Ashi split up to search the area, but Aku has already got ahold of her....

- - -
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:10:35 07/05/2017 by Metallo
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#89 Posted: 17:45:07 07/05/2017
Haven't watch the latest episode yet will this feel like filler? Should I avoid the episode cause I get the feeling I should?
---
POPSMARTS!
#90 Posted: 17:46:00 07/05/2017
^That wouldn't be the first time. There are plenty of series where the characters are voiced by someone very recognized and don't have a place in the credits due to the few lines. Unless he doesn't have any speaking lines to begin with. Nevertheless, we still have to wait for the episode to air or we'll never know. As for Ashi missing in the preview, perhaps she's somewhere else like you said, or maybe Jack is talking to her and they just doesn't show it. They did it with Episode XCV. They led us to believe Jack was talking to himself when he was actually speaking to an unseen Ashi.
---
#91 Posted: 18:01:21 07/05/2017
Quote: Reverse0456
Haven't watch the latest episode yet will this feel like filler? Should I avoid the episode cause I get the feeling I should?

Your choice, this episode introduces uh... Stuff, but you'll probably discover what it is the next episode.
---
#92 Posted: 18:11:32 07/05/2017
Yes, it may be a filler, but it did something that will no doubt affect the remaining episodes. The only thing that makes it a filler is that it has almost nothing to do with the main plot.
---
#93 Posted: 18:39:23 07/05/2017
Or or or or OR

What if Jack's worst fear is

Ashi cheating on him with Scaramouche
#94 Posted: 18:41:13 07/05/2017
^I REALLY doubt that smilie
---
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#95 Posted: 00:39:59 09/05/2017
^I REALLY doubt that smilie

I don't think that would happen.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#96 Posted: 06:44:39 09/05/2017
Quote: Iblistech
^I REALLY doubt that >_>

I don't think that would happen.

It's called a joke
#97 Posted: 15:26:10 09/05/2017
^I know. I was playing along smilie
---
#98 Posted: 01:58:17 10/05/2017
I stand corrected. KMR just appeared in the voice credits as the Guardian.

Ladies and gentlemen....Shiit's about to get real.

- - -
#99 Posted: 05:33:39 13/05/2017
So, Adult Swim posted a sneak peak of tomorrow's episode on their Facebook page....

[User Posted Image]
#100 Posted: 03:28:47 14/05/2017
Today on the episode, everything went slightly better than expected. No preview this finale guys, we're going in blind.

This entire plot happened because the High Priestess decided to get high on Aku-juice. Still don't like this plot pattern, but I VERY much welcome Jack and Ashi just being huge dorks at the start instead of the weird stuff from last episode.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me